Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
425,881 - 425,900 of 532,441 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Spirit of Truth you can only get from God Himself, but you don't listen to Him.
hint
Got Jesus?
That's not what Jesus said.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
310 308 301
<quoted text>
Here are my words in direct response to your question:
You need a dictionary....and have someone teach you how to use it...
Image: One that closely or exactly resembles another; a double: He is the image of his uncle.
Clue...He closely resembles his uncle...he is his uncle's double...he is his uncle's image...but he ain't his uncle!!!!!!
You see your image every time you shave.....but that image ain't you....when you finish shaving...you are still one...not two...
You seem to need help with this....any first grader will be glad to explain it to you...but...leave the Seagram 7 home...
You are unable to give a straight answer to this simple question without contradicting yourself aren't you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
311 309 301
<quoted text>
No....just being truthful....per Scripture...
No you're not...you are completely avoiding answering honestly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Spirit of Truth you can only get from God Himself, but you don't listen to Him.
hint
Got Jesus?
You are avoiding answering also...

The question was "what exactly is this "Spirit of Truth".

I addressed it-and it was rejected. The explanation I forwarded was common knowledge 4000 years ago. Yet neither of you can provide a definite alternative to the question at all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus says Me and my Father are One, and you don't believe it?
You are cherrypicking.
Take verse 25 through 31, and realize the context.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

312 311 309 301
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
You have no answer IOW.
Sec try..

Of course I answered your question....you rejected it...which prompted me to respond with: No....just being truthful....per Scripture...

Time to close the bar.....you are "drifting"....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Am not surprised to see you refer to Scripture as "More deflection and defamation."
No you're not. You are simply throwing verse not even relative to a direct answer...because you can't rationally answer...that is deflection....adding the insults constitutes defamation...all in an attempt to >not< answer.
You are dishonest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
311 309
<quoted text>
Neither you nor science can answer: In what year/month and on what day did this happen...per science: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.....
Was creation completed in 6 days or not?

Simple question requiring simple honest answer...less the holey pokey dance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is not innuendo nor is it defamation...
The truth is not what you are throwing around here...innuendo and defamation is.

Your credibility is about shot by your own actions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

312 310 308 301
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are unable to give a straight answer to this simple question without contradicting yourself aren't you.
I repeat my straight answer to your simpleton question. I never contradict myself...
Here are my words in direct response to your question:
You need a dictionary....and have someone teach you how to use it...
Image: One that closely or exactly resembles another; a double: He is the image of his uncle.
Clue...He closely resembles his uncle...he is his uncle's double...he is his uncle's image...but he ain't his uncle!!!!!!
You see your image every time you shave.....but that image ain't you....when you finish shaving...you are still one...not two...
You seem to need help with this....any first grader will be glad to explain it to you...but...leave the Seagram 7 home..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

312 311
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're not. You are simply throwing verse not even relative to a direct answer...because you can't rationally answer...that is deflection....adding the insults constitutes defamation...all in an attempt to >not< answer.
You are dishonest.
Am not surprised to see you refer to Scripture as "More deflection and defamation." And have the audacity to attempt to justify it!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

313 311 309
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Was creation completed in 6 days or not?
Simple question requiring simple honest answer...less the holey pokey dance.
Neither you nor science can answer: In what year/month and on what day did this happen...per science: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.....

No answer....so much for science!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
312 311 309 301
<quoted text>
Sec try..
Of course I answered your question....you rejected it...which prompted me to respond with: No....just being truthful....per Scripture...
Time to close the bar.....you are "drifting"....
You are a fraud that will not even commit to a straight answer---even a simple yes or no in most cases.
You spew verse you can't explain and then waffle all over the thread until the point you are running from is lost in oblivion.
You are not honest, forthright, or disciplined in character.

I realized that in the first two posts.
From then on it was simply a course of letting you hang yourself so everyone here could see you for what you actually are.

Thank you for your cooperation...it was excellent.

This will conclude any further interaction on my part, as it would be a fruitless endeavor.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the Genesis account of creation in 6 days was literal?...In the face of scientific discovery and analysis that shows that to be totally incorrect?
No, I'm not saying that.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
Clay...you are not responding!!!!
Try this one: Do you believe these words found in Scripture??
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Responding to what? I don't know what you're saying.
Are you canceling out the Divinity of Jesus Christ or promoting sola fide?
Ox, Christianity was not started because the Apostles handed out their writings and walked away. They already revealed the faith.
Its wholly irresponsible, bold, arrogant and foolish to think you guys uncovered 'the real Christianity' 2,000 yrs later.
If you want to know what Jesus Christ taught about His nature, then go to the early Church. Read their writings. The Catholic Church has not changed these teachings.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:

<quoted text>
Are you saying that the Genesis account of creation in 6 days was literal?...In the face of scientific discovery and analysis that shows that to be totally incorrect?

Dan
No, I'm not saying that.

Why not its true, you don't believe in the Bibles account of creation??
You don't believe God is capable of Genesis account of Creation.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, the French men suffering from scurvy probably believed their prayers were answered because "god" gave the information to Domagaya to give to them.
People that believe in a god, will always fit a god into the equation. It's often just the way it is.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
From the book The Invasion Within The Contest of Cultures in Colonial North America by James Axtell.
When a severe outbreak of land scurvy afflicted the ice-bound French, killing twenty-five and incapacitating all but a handful, Cartier leaned an image of the Virgin Mary against a tree a bowshot from the fort. On the following Sunday, the able-bodied fell into a solemn procession to the image, singing the seven Psalms of David and the Litany of All the Saints and praying to the Virgin to intercede with her son for compassion. After mass even the rugged seadog Cartier, who remained untouched by the scurvy, vowed to make a pilgrimage to our Lady of Rocamadour, a famous French shrine, if God returned him home safely. Because native psychology was still largely indecipherable to the French, this parade of invalids was clearly something they did not wish the Stadaconans to see. Ironically, it was the pagan Domagaya who brought salvation to the Christians by showing them the curative secret of white cedar.
So in fact they were worshipping idol's not God!
Which is blaspheme, they didn't bring salvation to them but damnation.
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Holy Communism!

"Pope Francis has denounced the global financial system, blasting the "cult of money" that he says is tyrannizing the poor and turning humans into expendable consumer goods."

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/05/16/pop...

Thankfully, the Vatican's financial system can show us how Jesus would run a bank, right?
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, the French men suffering from scurvy probably believed their prayers were answered because "god" gave the information to Domagaya to give to them.
People that believe in a god, will always fit a god into the equation. It's often just the way it is.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
From the book The Invasion Within The Contest of Cultures in Colonial North America by James Axtell.
When a severe outbreak of land scurvy afflicted the ice-bound French, killing twenty-five and incapacitating all but a handful, Cartier leaned an image of the Virgin Mary against a tree a bowshot from the fort. On the following Sunday, the able-bodied fell into a solemn procession to the image, singing the seven Psalms of David and the Litany of All the Saints and praying to the Virgin to intercede with her son for compassion. After mass even the rugged seadog Cartier, who remained untouched by the scurvy, vowed to make a pilgrimage to our Lady of Rocamadour, a famous French shrine, if God returned him home safely. Because native psychology was still largely indecipherable to the French, this parade of invalids was clearly something they did not wish the Stadaconans to see. Ironically, it was the pagan Domagaya who brought salvation to the Christians by showing them the curative secret of white cedar.
Good point. Just another example of xians returning to reality when the chips are down.
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
What can we predict with science?
What diseases can we cure?
I agree that religion doesn't do either.
The question itself displays severe denial.

"What diseases can we cure?"

A simple bacterial infection.

How about the Bubonic Plague.(How many prayers were wasted on that for centuries?)

Luke, the delusion is severe in this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••