Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653560 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#441743 May 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Clay...you are not responding!!!!
Try this one: Do you believe these words found in Scripture??
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Responding to what? I don't know what you're saying.
Are you canceling out the Divinity of Jesus Christ or promoting sola fide?
Ox, Christianity was not started because the Apostles handed out their writings and walked away. They already revealed the faith.
Its wholly irresponsible, bold, arrogant and foolish to think you guys uncovered 'the real Christianity' 2,000 yrs later.
If you want to know what Jesus Christ taught about His nature, then go to the early Church. Read their writings. The Catholic Church has not changed these teachings.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441744 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:

<quoted text>
Are you saying that the Genesis account of creation in 6 days was literal?...In the face of scientific discovery and analysis that shows that to be totally incorrect?

Dan
No, I'm not saying that.

Why not its true, you don't believe in the Bibles account of creation??
You don't believe God is capable of Genesis account of Creation.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441745 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, the French men suffering from scurvy probably believed their prayers were answered because "god" gave the information to Domagaya to give to them.
People that believe in a god, will always fit a god into the equation. It's often just the way it is.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
From the book … The Invasion Within … The Contest of Cultures in Colonial North America by James Axtell.
When a severe outbreak of land scurvy afflicted the ice-bound French, killing twenty-five and incapacitating all but a handful, Cartier leaned an image of the Virgin Mary against a tree a bowshot from the fort. On the following Sunday, the able-bodied fell into a solemn procession to the image, singing the seven Psalms of David and the Litany of All the Saints and praying to the Virgin to intercede with her son for compassion. After mass even the rugged seadog Cartier, who remained untouched by the scurvy, vowed to make a pilgrimage to our Lady of Rocamadour, a famous French shrine, if God returned him home safely. Because native psychology was still largely indecipherable to the French, this parade of invalids was clearly something they did not wish the Stadaconans to see. Ironically, it was the pagan Domagaya who brought salvation to the Christians by showing them the curative secret of white cedar.
So in fact they were worshipping idol's not God!
Which is blaspheme, they didn't bring salvation to them but damnation.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441746 May 17, 2013
Holy Communism!

"Pope Francis has denounced the global financial system, blasting the "cult of money" that he says is tyrannizing the poor and turning humans into expendable consumer goods."

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/05/16/pop...

Thankfully, the Vatican's financial system can show us how Jesus would run a bank, right?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441747 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, the French men suffering from scurvy probably believed their prayers were answered because "god" gave the information to Domagaya to give to them.
People that believe in a god, will always fit a god into the equation. It's often just the way it is.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
From the book … The Invasion Within … The Contest of Cultures in Colonial North America by James Axtell.
When a severe outbreak of land scurvy afflicted the ice-bound French, killing twenty-five and incapacitating all but a handful, Cartier leaned an image of the Virgin Mary against a tree a bowshot from the fort. On the following Sunday, the able-bodied fell into a solemn procession to the image, singing the seven Psalms of David and the Litany of All the Saints and praying to the Virgin to intercede with her son for compassion. After mass even the rugged seadog Cartier, who remained untouched by the scurvy, vowed to make a pilgrimage to our Lady of Rocamadour, a famous French shrine, if God returned him home safely. Because native psychology was still largely indecipherable to the French, this parade of invalids was clearly something they did not wish the Stadaconans to see. Ironically, it was the pagan Domagaya who brought salvation to the Christians by showing them the curative secret of white cedar.
Good point. Just another example of xians returning to reality when the chips are down.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441748 May 17, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
What can we predict with science?
What diseases can we cure?
I agree that religion doesn't do either.
The question itself displays severe denial.

"What diseases can we cure?"

A simple bacterial infection.

How about the Bubonic Plague.(How many prayers were wasted on that for centuries?)

Luke, the delusion is severe in this one.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#441749 May 17, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaa? God's way of getting people's attention is cancer?
How loving.
It sounds like any tragedy in your family is to punish the family member or to get their attention, right?
Do you have any family with chronic illnesses? Maybe you should inform them.
~~~
Preachers lie on God all the time Why do they lie on God and blame the works of the devil upon Him...

God Created a perfect earth...

He created a perfect man...

He gave man dominion over the earth....

Man gave that dominion over to the devil

The devil brought death ...upon the earth...

Sickness is the prerequisite of death...

Rom_6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Yet (so called ) Christians lie on God and blame the wages of sin upon God.

1Co_15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

Christians (so called) do not believe in Jesus

Else they would believe His word...

JESUS SAID

Joh 10:10 The thief/DEVIL... cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

I/JESUS... am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

THE PURPOSE OF THE DEATH/SACRIFICE OF JESUS ON CALVARY'S CROSS IS...

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But

1.he was wounded for our transgressions,

2.he was bruised for our iniquities:

3.the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and

4.with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

___

Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luk 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,(IN ISAIAH CHAPTER 61: BEGINNING AT VERSE 1.)

Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Luk 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

Luk 4:21 And he began to say unto them,

This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441750 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
These Catholics and Protestants on the forum would like us to believe those in their religions were guided by divine love ... but according to historians, that is far from any truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Burning was also used by Roman Catholics and Protestants during the witch-hunts of Europe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_burnin...
The delusion tells them to forget the absurd things the delusion led them to do in the past.

It's also convenient that their most hated Biblical enemies have tended to be weak, like women and gays.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#441751 May 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the Genesis account of creation in 6 days was literal?...In the face of scientific discovery and analysis that shows that to be totally incorrect?
Dan
No, I'm not saying that.
Why not its true, you don't believe in the Bibles account of creation??
You don't believe God is capable of Genesis account of Creation.
......and I didn't say that either, LTM.
God is indeed capable of anything. I'm not sure how long it took Him is central to that belief.
BTW, LTM, I'm not sure why you, of all people, would upbraid me for not taking the Bible literally. You don't believe the Miracle of Cana. You insisted that you cannot believe it last week. Why, now, would I be subject to anything you'd have to say respective to what the Bible teaches?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441752 May 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Preachers lie on God all the time Why do they lie on God and blame the works of the devil upon Him...
God Created a perfect earth...
He created a perfect man...
He gave man dominion over the earth....
Man gave that dominion over to the devil
The devil brought death ...upon the earth...
Sickness is the prerequisite of death...
Rom_6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Yet (so called ) Christians lie on God and blame the wages of sin upon God.
1Co_15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
Christians (so called) do not believe in Jesus
Else they would believe His word...
JESUS SAID
Joh 10:10 The thief/DEVIL... cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
I/JESUS... am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
THE PURPOSE OF THE DEATH/SACRIFICE OF JESUS ON CALVARY'S CROSS IS...
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But
1.he was wounded for our transgressions,
2.he was bruised for our iniquities:
3.the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and
4.with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
___
Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Luk 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,(IN ISAIAH CHAPTER 61: BEGINNING AT VERSE 1.)
Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Luk 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
Luk 4:21 And he began to say unto them,
This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
Yes, you are making my point.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441753 May 17, 2013
The two great Xian questions for today:

"What can we predict with science?"

"What diseases can we cure with science?"

Ummmm? Prayer sure worked wonders with the Bubonic Plague, so xians do have a point. What could it be?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441754 May 17, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i can in a way relate to that,not on a personal basis but by listening to people,i was a cab driver(10yrs),and i have picked people up from the local hospital who just lost a loved one and 7 out of 10 blame god/Jesus for taking their loved one away, I've heard them say they'll never step inside a church again etc etc.one old guy beat up the back seat of my car he was so upset kept repeating how they went to church regularly lived by gods word and he looses his wife way to soon,i stayed with him till he cooled down and a relative showed up,i felt really bad for him.but that's the natural order of life,in with the new out with the old.and some don't get a chance to get old.
That's so true.
If you don't mind, what kind of cancer do you have? Are you doing chemo?

#441755 May 17, 2013
TODAY
MAN HAS TAKEN HIS ATTENTION OFF OF GOD AND DIRECTED THEIR ATTENTION TO WHAT OTHER MEN HAVE CONCLUDED...

Setting GOD'S WORD ASIDE...They build their faith upon

opinions of corruptible men...and their interpretations

of God's word..

[NOTE FAITH COMES BY HEARING THE WORD OF GOD...

NOT MANS OPINIONS..]

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Rom 10:17 ==> So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.<==

Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

~~~

ONE OF THE WORST FALLACIES OF CATHOLICISM IS THAT IT IS BUILT UPON MAN'S OPINIONS...

PROTESTANTS ARE NO DIFFERENT...

HOW MANY DO YOU KNOW THAT HAVE BUILT THEIR FAITH UPON THE TEACHINGS OF JOHN CALVIN, OR MARTIN LUTHER, OR JOHN WESLEY...

INSTEAD OF BEING OBEDIENT TO THE WORD OF GOD THEMSELVES.... THAT SAYS..

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

2Ti 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.

And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO THE A FORE MENTIONED..

THEY DO NOT HAVE A MONOPOLY OR FRANCHISE ON THE WORD OF GOD, ANY MORE THAN THE POPE DOES...

JESUS SAID SEVEN TIMES IN REVELATIONS...

1.Rev_2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

2.Rev_2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

3.Rev_2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

4.Rev_2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

5.Rev_3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

6.Rev_3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

7.Rev_3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

THE SPIRIT OF GOD IS STILL SPEAKING TO THE CHURCH ...
TODAY...

Psa_92:10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441757 May 17, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome! It's neat, isn't it?
I noticed the info I posted about the obelisk in St. Peter's Square wasn't well received by the protestants, lol! Offensive or not, I have to say it....their thinking is very one-dimensional.
The obelisk was moved to the square because it had witnessed the martyrdom of Christians. Once it was moved, it was dedicated to Christ with the words "Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat. Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat."(Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil). On The east and west sides are inscribed exorcist formulas. It is topped by a bronze cross.
It now stands as a memorial to those who gave their lives for Christ and the Gospel....and the protestants think that's evil. It's hard to have patience with such twisted thinking. That's probably why Jesus said to pray for such people.
Thanks for the explanation about the obelisk. That's really cool.
For those that bash the CC, I've been wondering why they don't ask themselves "Why am I bashing the CC and not, say, the Jehovah Witness folks or the mormons? Why am I obsessing about the CC?" and really search themselves for an answer to that.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441758 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Had he publicly stated that in the time of Galileo, he would have been tortured and burned by the RCC.
Cite your source please?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441759 May 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina, I do not hate Christ, you can not take an object that was once use as an object of worship to other gods or goddess and use them to worship the Almighty God.
Everything given to God must be pure never used, like a lamb, our first fruits . never our seconds.
The statues in the catholic church were once prayed to as god's, people were sacrifice to some of them as they demanded blood offerings.
Instead of destroying these statues, the names were changes and are now used in catholic church's and people are bowing to them and praying. just like they did the obelisk , In Eygpt.
You in fact are bowing to strange gods , and Mary was the goddess Isis she has different names it depends on what country your in.
Who told you all this?

#441760 May 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
For those that bash the CC, I've been wondering why they don't ask themselves "Why am I bashing the CC and not, say, the Jehovah Witness folks or the mormons? Why am I obsessing about the CC?" and really search themselves for an answer to that.
~~~

PERSONALLY I DISAGREE WITH ROMAN CATHOLICISM..

BECAUSE IT CLAIM AN EXCLUSIVE MONOPOLY TO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN

AND PRESENT A FAULTY ROAD MAP (THAT IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH THE BIBLE)

THEY CLAIM TO BE THE "ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH."..YET PRACTICE THOSE

THING THAT GOD HAS FORBIDDEN...

BEYOND THAT..after one follows all their calisthenics rituals and conjectures...

THEY PROMISE NOTHING AT THE END OF THE ROAD....
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441761 May 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
Sola Scriptura,” or Scripture Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that the Bible alone is the sole authority for all matters of faith and practice. Scripture and Scripture alone is the standard by which all teachings and doctrines of the church must be measured. As Martin Luther so eloquently stated when asked to recant on his teachings, "Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason - I do not accept the authority of the popes and councils, for they have contradicted each other - my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. God help me. Amen."
2—“Sola Gratia,” Salvation by Grace Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that salvation is by God’s grace alone and that we are rescued from His wrath by His grace alone. God’s grace in Christ is not merely necessary, but is the sole efficient cause of salvation. This grace is the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit that brings us to Christ by releasing us from our bondage to sin and raising us from spiritual death to spiritual life.
3—“Sola Fide,” Salvation by Faith Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that justification is by grace alone through faith alone because of Christ alone. It is by faith in Christ that His righteousness is imputed to us as the only possible satisfaction of God’s perfect justice.
4—“Solus Christus,” In Christ Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that salvation is found in Christ alone and that His sinless life and substitutionary atonement alone are sufficient for our justification and reconciliation to God the Father. The gospel has not been preached if Christ’s substitutionary work is not declared, and if faith in Christ and His work is not solicited.
5—“Soli Deo Gloria, For the Glory of God Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that salvation is of God and has been accomplished by God for His glory alone. It affirms that as Christians we must glorify Him always, and must live our entire lives before the face of God, under the authority of God, and for His glory alone.
These five important and fundamental doctrines are the reason for the Protestant Reformation. They are at the heart of where the Roman Catholic Church went wrong in its doctrine, and why the Protestant Reformation was necessary to return churches throughout the world to correct doctrine and biblical teaching. They are just as important today in evaluating a church and its teachings as they were then. In many ways, much of Protestant Christianity needs to be challenged to return to these fundamental doctrines of the faith, much like the reformers challenged the Roman Catholic Church to do in the sixteenth century.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Protestant-Reform...
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Protestant-Reform...
Why are there so many protestant denominations?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441762 May 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
From 'St. Peter's - Guide to the Basilica and Square'...

"The obelisk which comes from Heliopolis, Egypt, where it was built by the Pharaoh Mencares in 1835 BC in honor of the sun, was brought to Rome in 37 BC by the Emperor Caligula."

That is a symbol of Christians "bashing" other religions. All religions and denominations do that to each other. What else is new?

The CC is the largest, richest, and most powerful, so it is the biggest target.

The question is, for all your study, why didn't you know the CC is the largest and with the most obelisks?

And now, a socialist Pope.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441763 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
And 150,000 are kept in the Vatican "secret library".
Why do you suppose that is?
The use of the word "secret" in the title "Vatican Secret Archives" does not denote the modern meaning of confidentiality. Its meaning is closer to that of the word "private", indicating that the archives are the Pope's personal property, not belonging to those of any particular department of the Roman Curia or the Holy See.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_Secret_A...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 17 TerriB1 1
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web