Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679235 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#441709 May 16, 2013
309 590
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are deflecting, setting up strawmen, and being quite dishonest.
You are trying to paint an artificial picture of me so you can throw "stones" at it.
Every time I expose your poor behavior, you become more verbose and angry in your personal attacks.
BAD OXBOW!
No.....what I am doing, as any Christian knows, is quoting Scripture...

Not surprised you see that as me "deflecting" "setting up strawmen" "being quite dishonest" "painting an artificial picture of you" "throw "stones".

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441710 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.....in what year/month and on what day did this happen...per science:
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.....
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the Genesis account of creation in 6 days was literal?...In the face of scientific discovery and analysis that shows that to be totally incorrect?

It's been common knowledge for many years now.

You really should get out in the world more.

BTW---are you an adult?

Location hidden

#441711 May 16, 2013
310 307 301
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is God.
GOD
This name, the derivation of which is uncertain, we give to that eternal, infinite, perfect, and incomprehensible Being, the Creator of all things, who preserves and governs all by his almighty power and wisdom, and is the only proper object of worship. The proper Hebrew name for God is JEHOVAH, which signifies He is. But the Jews, from a feeling of reverence, avoid pronouncing this name, substituting for it, wherever it occurs in the sacred test, the word ADONAI, Lord; except in the expression, ADONAI JEHOVAH, Lord Jehovah, for which they put, ADONAI ELOHIM, Lord God. This usage, which is not without an element of superstition, is very ancient, dating its origin some centuries before Christ; but there is no good ground for assuming its existence in the days of the inspired Old Testament writers. The proper word for God is ELOHIM, which is plural in its form, being thus used to signify the manifold perfections of God, or, as some think, the Trinity in the godhead. In Ex 3:14 God replies to Moses, when he asks Him His name, I AM THAT I AM; which means either, I am he who I am, or, I am what I am. In either case the expression implies the eternal self-existence of Jehovah, and his incomprehensible nature. The name I AM means the same as JEHOVAH, the first person being used instead of he third.

The Bible assumes and asserts the existence of God, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth;" and is itself the most illustrious proof of his existence, as well as our chief instructor as to his nature and will. It puts a voice into the mute lips of creation; and not only reveals God in his works, but illustrates his ways in providence, displays the glories of his character, his law, and his grace, and brings man into true and saving communion with him. It reveals him to us as a Spirit, the only being from everlasting and to everlasting by nature, underived, infinite, perfect, and unchangeable in power, wisdom, omniscience, omnipresence, justice, holiness, truth, goodness, and mercy. He is but one God, and yet exists in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; and this distinction of the Thee in One is, like his other attributes, from everlasting. He is the source, owner, and ruler of all beings, foreknows and predetermines all events, and is the eternal judge and arbiter of the destiny of all. True religion has its foundation in the right knowledge of God, and consists in supremely loving and faithfully obeying him. See JESUS CHRIST, and HOLY, HOLINESS SPIRIT.

Location hidden

#441712 May 16, 2013
310 308 301
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are "your" words....
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ps 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
"gods" not "Gods"...which planet are you from....in Christianity there is only one God...singular....
----------
You need to change the words of Genesis then...
"Let us create mankind in our own image"
----------
Is there (1) god or more than (1)?
You say there is only (1)...
Genesis says "US"-implying more than (1).
I do not need a dictionary to understand that the two statements are in conflict.
Are you implying that your deity was looking into a mirror, and unable to understand that there was only one of him in your tirade about shaving and mirrors?
Here are my words in direct response to your question:

You need a dictionary....and have someone teach you how to use it...

Image: One that closely or exactly resembles another; a double: He is the image of his uncle.

Clue...He closely resembles his uncle...he is his uncle's double...he is his uncle's image...but he ain't his uncle!!!!!!

You see your image every time you shave.....but that image ain't you....when you finish shaving...you are still one...not two...

You seem to need help with this....any first grader will be glad to explain it to you...but...leave the Seagram 7 home...

Location hidden

#441713 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
309 590
<quoted text>
No.....what I am doing, as any Christian knows, is quoting Scripture...
Not surprised you see that as me "deflecting" "setting up strawmen" "being quite dishonest" "painting an artificial picture of you" "throw "stones".
Then why add alt the innuendo and defamation?
Is that part of your "scripture"?
Are you representative of all Christians?
If I were them, I would be distancing myself and rebuking such despicable countenance.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#441714 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't answer the question at all. If you don't know, just say so.
The query was quite direct...exactly what is the "spirit of truth" that you have posited?
Your reply appears to another attempt at deflection.
The Spirit of Truth you can only get from God Himself, but you don't listen to Him.

hint

Got Jesus?

Location hidden

#441715 May 16, 2013
311 309 301
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't answer the question at all. If you don't know, just say so.
The query was quite direct...exactly what is the "spirit of truth" that you have posited?
Your reply appears to another attempt at deflection.
No....just being truthful....per Scripture...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#441716 May 16, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. Global warming and evolution are some good examples. Wouldn't you say so?
hee hee

Location hidden

#441717 May 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No such thing exists.
Do mankind a great favor.....get the publishers of the English dictionary to correct their definition of religion and Christianity......
marge

Leesburg, GA

#441718 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is based on Scripture....God referred to Christ as "My Son"...Christ prayed to "My Father"...the Apostle's Creed says Christ is seated at the right hand of God....etc etc etc...
There is no way to express the Holy Trinity that shows God is Christ and Christ is God....
Jesus says Me and my Father are One, and you don't believe it?

Location hidden

#441719 May 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still in bondage to Rome.
There is no connection between Rome and I....By the Grace of God, I am not a Catholic....

Location hidden

#441720 May 16, 2013
311 309 305 296
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go throwing poop in your god's name again...
Shame on you!
I can't believe he hasn't "smited" you yet.
Thanks for again proving my words as being absolutely true...

You are articulating through that famous orifice!!! You have no idea of which denomination I am a member of...

You are too kind!!!! Thanks again...

Location hidden

#441721 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
More deflection and defamation.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your behavior becomes worse with every post...
Not a very good representative of your religion---or Jesus.
You constantly break his first two (most important) rules of conduct.
Am not surprised to see you refer to Scripture as "More deflection and defamation."

Location hidden

#441722 May 16, 2013
311 309
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the Genesis account of creation in 6 days was literal?...In the face of scientific discovery and analysis that shows that to be totally incorrect?
It's been common knowledge for many years now.
You really should get out in the world more.
BTW---are you an adult?
Neither you nor science can answer: In what year/month and on what day did this happen...per science: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.....

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#441723 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Do mankind a great favor.....get the publishers of the English dictionary to correct their definition of religion and Christianity......
Your religion does not have anythign to do with the teachings of Jesus.

Your religion is based on the teachings of Paul and a book authorized by a Pagan Roman Emperor.

Jews and Muslims are closer to the teachings of Jesus than Christianity.

Location hidden

#441724 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why add alt the innuendo and defamation?
Is that part of your "scripture"?
Are you representative of all Christians?
If I were them, I would be distancing myself and rebuking such despicable countenance.
The truth is not innuendo nor is it defamation...

Location hidden

#441725 May 16, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus says Me and my Father are One, and you don't believe it?
Do you believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God...no errors...no contractions????

Location hidden

#441726 May 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion does not have anythign to do with the teachings of Jesus.
Your religion is based on the teachings of Paul and a book authorized by a Pagan Roman Emperor.
Jews and Muslims are closer to the teachings of Jesus than Christianity.
You have every right to reject Christianity...

Location hidden

#441727 May 16, 2013
Clay...you are not responding!!!!

Try this one: Do you believe these words found in Scripture??

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Location hidden

#441728 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
311 309 301
<quoted text>
No....just being truthful....per Scripture...
OK.

You have no answer IOW.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... 4 min Eric 4
News Why did Melania Trump wear a head covering at t... 1 hr nanoanomaly 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr Jasonville 84,711
News What is up with that strange photo of President... 7 hr Chilli J 14
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... Fri BB Board 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 24 Apostolic of anot... 10,545
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
More from around the web