Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590475 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#441478 May 16, 2013
be back later. errand to do.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441479 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
God 100%, ufos 100%
I have seen a ufo.
Thank you.

Have you seen God too?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#441480 May 16, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is the key to my salvation. In fact, Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation.
Leave while you still can Just Sayin.
That's what the Catholic Church says. So why do you reject the Church He founded for our salvation.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441481 May 16, 2013
Naturallaw wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU June, are the "arrogant (trumpet section)" of your own personal "editorialized" anti-God, anti-Jesus, anti-Christianity and anti-Catholic heretical "nonsense"!!!!! The fact is that bigots, hypocrites, atheists, agnostics, and heretics have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET---the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, biblically and historical PROVEN----as well as being initiated, formed and autheticated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF ----LIVES ON!!-----and will CONTINUE to live on because Jesus said it would in Matthew 16:18, "for the (gates of hell) shall not prevail against it!!(OUR LORDS CHURCH). My prayers will continue to be with you (each day) at Daily Mass and in the Eucharist, that God will "open your eyes" to the TRUTH of HIS Salvation in His Son Jesus Christ!!!
If your god wasn't imaginary, you would have no need to get upset about "anti-god," etc.
Just because someone doesn't believe in your imaginary friend, of which you have absolutely no proof, it doesn't mean that they are "against" anything.
So relax. You can't be against something that doesn't exist.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#441482 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church, not some mystical group of "believers" whose identities can not be determined with certainty.
The definition of the Church given by Bellarmine is that usually adopted by Catholic theologians: "A body of men united together by the profession of the same Christian Faith, and by participation in the same sacraments, under the governance of lawful pastors, more especially of the Roman Pontiff, the sole vicar of Christ on earth"
As for Protestants, the HS may be leading them as individuals, but the HS is not leading Protestantism into all truth. This is evidenced by the fact that protestantism, since it's inception, has been splintering itself off from itself, forming ever more denominations which can't agree with each other on some basic issues. Jesus prayed that His Church might be one, not 42,000. There was one Ark, not 42,000 life boats.
Proof that the HS leads the CC is in the Bible. Since you have responded to my post with a lot more than just this issue which I want to get to, I will not pause to locate those verses right now.
I disagree with your conclusion.

But I guess I wouldn't expect less - meaning a "Catholic theologian" to determine a secular definition to only include his own organization and noone else.

"The definition of the Church given by Bellarmine is that usually adopted by Catholic theologians: "A body of men united together by the profession of the same Christian Faith, and by participation in the same sacraments, under the governance of lawful pastors, more especially of the Roman Pontiff, the sole vicar of Christ on earth"

You'll have to do better than this, because I can state many other beliefs that existed prior to 325 CE - and all of them were considered as part of the so-called "Church".

Your qualifiers are weel after the fact - as he existed 1000s of years past the actually forming of this entity.

4 October 1542 17 September 1621

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bellarmin...

What else you got that isn't biased.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#441483 May 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what the Catholic Church says. So why do you reject the Church He founded for our salvation.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is anything I know with more surety than I know my own name is that the CC is the key to my salvation.

**Just Sayin says the cc is the key to his salvation. Why you telling me?

Albuquerque, NM

#441484 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I would accept such texts gladly while knowing that I already know what I need to know to be in heaven one day. Those texts may help me get there should I read them and I would be grateful for that. I am interested in lots of non-Biblical writings.
Let's turn the tables, then, for a minute. I know of a non-Biblical work which I accept as being authentic and very helpful for my Faith journey. It is totally amazing:
http://www.jesus-passion.com/DOLOROUS_PASSION...
Would you accept this as authentic? And if you don't, do I get to accuse you of just making up things to appease your effort on your journey?
You may find the book amazing, but that is all it can be.

We know it is not part of the Catechism nor is it within the canon, so you can read it all of your days, but it doesn't have any bearing on Christianity.

The same can be said about the numerous volumes by Edgar Cayce - who was a healer, prophet, and doctor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce
Edgar Cayce (/&#712;ke&#618;si &#720;/; March 18, 1877 January 3, 1945) was an American psychic who allegedly possessed the ability to answer questions on subjects as varied as healing and wars, and had visions of the world ending.[citation needed] He also gave a reading about Atlantis while in a hypnotic trance. Cayce founded a nonprofit organization, the Association for Research and Enlightenment.[1] Though Cayce himself was a member of the Disciples of Christ and lived before the emergence of the New Age Movement, some believe he was actually the founder of the movement and influenced its teachings

Hmmmmm....sounds very similar to your reference.

Sounds to me the HS had guided Edgar as well.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441485 May 16, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is the key to my salvation. In fact, Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation.
Leave while you still can Just Sayin.
It's through the Church that I learn about Jesus the Savior. It's the Church that gives me the Eucharist, Jesus Christ, body blood soul and divinity.

Albuquerque, NM

#441486 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not stopped my journey at all. There is nothing on this earth more beautiful, more intriguing, more fascinating to me than the Catholic Faith. And there is nothing whatsoever with more depth. If there is anything I know with more surety than I know my own name is that the CC is the key to my salvation. She is the pillar and foundation of truth and the dispenser of all good sacraments.
Yes you have - if you are a Catholic.

This organization has a finite teaching - with no room to add or remove.

You've stopped. Just be honest and admit it.

If you accept other teachings, then guess what, you aren't Catholic, but only in your own mind.

In fact, you would be considered a heretic if you utilize non-canonical works.

Just ask Regina and Dan.

Albuquerque, NM

#441487 May 16, 2013
Or you were never Catholic to begin with....I think has been stated several times too.

*shrugs*

It's alright - I accept you for who you are, not your beliefs.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441488 May 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well,all i hear is "GOD HAS A PLAN" so what ever happens to a person must be part of gods plan for that individual,wouldn't you agree? and I've heard many times "IT'S GODS WILL" does that not apply to people? and why would he punish man for the killing of his son? when he knew from the moment he/Jesus appeared on earth,his destiny was to be killed, supposedly for our sins,which is not true,he was killed because he was considered a heretic,a threat to the powers that be because he was building a big following,and that made the aristocrats nervous,so they got rid of him.
I hate it when people say "It's God's will" when something terrible happens. Bad things will happen and it is God's favorite thing to make something good come of it.

There was a woman who grew up hating God because when she was seven her mom died and at the funeral service, the preacher, during the eulogy, looked right at her and said "Jesus took your mommy to be with Him." It affected her very very deeply. She finally went into therapy later in life because of all the issues she had.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#441489 May 16, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is anything I know with more surety than I know my own name is that the CC is the key to my salvation.
**Just Sayin says the cc is the key to his salvation. Why you telling me?
You told him to get out while he still has time. The Catholic Church is the body of Christ. Why would you tell hime to reject Christ's body. How do your family members who are still faithful Catholics react when you tell them this?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#441490 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It's through the Church that I learn about Jesus the Savior. It's the Church that gives me the Eucharist, Jesus Christ, body blood soul and divinity.
Just Sayin - "It's through the Church that I learn about Jesus the Savior

Chuck - I learn from God's Word about Jesus the Savior

Just Sayin - "It's the Church that gives me the Eucharist,Jesus Christ, body blood soul and divinity

Chuck - Jesus Christ gave me His body blood soul and divinity on the cross

**Get out while you still can Just Sayin

Albuquerque, NM

#441491 May 16, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you every heard the one...maybe you're going through this difficult time because God is trying to get your attention?
Maybe??
It's a ruse.

Example:

Last summer - a guy just bought a new truck within the previous week. Went over to his buddy to pick him up, and decided to go down the road I live next to. Somewhere in his travels, as he was driving 40 MPH, he either passed out at the wheel or something like that, and leaned forward, accelerating the truck, but having no control, managed to drive straight for about 50 feet, until it hit a curb, flip one way, rolled, hit another curb, and then caused the cause to flip the other direction, slamming into a large brick wall.

This man died at the impact. The passenger survived.

Using your logic - it doesn't look like "God" gave any attention to the driver at all - especially, in some way to say - "Hey bud, you are going to pass out and get killed, let's change course shall we."

I disagree with you - you have not provided any evidence to support your position, except by opinion. That won't cut it.

What else you got?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#441492 May 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You told him to get out while he still has time. The Catholic Church is the body of Christ. Why would you tell hime to reject Christ's body. How do your family members who are still faithful Catholics react when you tell them this?
They react just like you guys do. Recite everything you've been taught since childhood.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441493 May 16, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Have you seen God too?
I have seen His wonderful creation and that's enough for me. Life is so intricate and complicated and ordered that it is far more easier for me to believe this universe has an Author than it is for me to believe all this is sheer coincidence.

Did you know that the dude who first proposed the Big Bang Theory, Georges Lemaitre, was a priest, astronomer and professor of physics at the Catholic University of Louvain?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%...

Interesting, huh?

Albuquerque, NM

#441494 May 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i've found myself through dying and being born-again.
"if you chose to save(find) your life you'll lose it, but if you lose your life for My sake, you'll find it" THE REAL JESUS
Self - changing the way one thinks.

"I died" - changed my belief
"born again" - changed my belief

I think the delusion so-called "Christians" share is that they think literal words have a literal meaning, when in truth allergory and symbolism are the comparisons.

You haven't done shite to change. All you do is parrot others.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441495 May 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with your conclusion.
But I guess I wouldn't expect less - meaning a "Catholic theologian" to determine a secular definition to only include his own organization and noone else.
"The definition of the Church given by Bellarmine is that usually adopted by Catholic theologians: "A body of men united together by the profession of the same Christian Faith, and by participation in the same sacraments, under the governance of lawful pastors, more especially of the Roman Pontiff, the sole vicar of Christ on earth"
You'll have to do better than this, because I can state many other beliefs that existed prior to 325 CE - and all of them were considered as part of the so-called "Church".
Your qualifiers are weel after the fact - as he existed 1000s of years past the actually forming of this entity.
4 October 1542 17 September 1621
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bellarmin...
What else you got that isn't biased.
NASL, I define "Church" as being the Catholic Church, the one founded by Jesus. If I were protestant I would define "Church" as a mystical loosely associated group of "believers". If I were a satanist, I would define "Church" as something else. I am Catholic, therefore "Church" as I use the word, refers the the Catholic Church.
Sorry you don't like my definition. What would your definition of "Church" be?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#441496 May 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a ruse.
Example:
Last summer - a guy just bought a new truck within the previous week. Went over to his buddy to pick him up, and decided to go down the road I live next to. Somewhere in his travels, as he was driving 40 MPH, he either passed out at the wheel or something like that, and leaned forward, accelerating the truck, but having no control, managed to drive straight for about 50 feet, until it hit a curb, flip one way, rolled, hit another curb, and then caused the cause to flip the other direction, slamming into a large brick wall.
This man died at the impact. The passenger survived.
Using your logic - it doesn't look like "God" gave any attention to the driver at all - especially, in some way to say - "Hey bud, you are going to pass out and get killed, let's change course shall we."
I disagree with you - you have not provided any evidence to support your position, except by opinion. That won't cut it.
What else you got?
Here we go again...I did provide with scripture why we go through difficult times and why bad things happen. However..you can't provide evidence your story is true..lol..thanks

Albuquerque, NM

#441497 May 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>question,was jesus god on earth? question,did jesus create the catholic church as his own? question what religious group do you believe in? and why?
C'mon - are you serious Jethro? Asking these questions of me now?

You've been here a while now, and you've seen and answered many of my posts.

You figure it out.

I'll give you help in this area:
- I'm not Catholic nor am I a so-called "Christian"
- Jesus is not "God" - he never called himself such, so why should others? Arrogance and ego comes to mind rather quickly.
- No Jesus didn't create anything. Men created the supposed "Catholic Church" - and is only one organization within the so-called "Church"
- As for my religious affiliation or "belief", well up until June arrived, I would consider myself Gnostic, but now that she has turned me into something else, I guess I am still seeking out a new order. What do you think I should become?
- as for why.....why not? Is there a problem with me believing the way I want? Is something bad going to happen to me, if I do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Mr Sir 9,403
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... 8 hr Imprtnrd 6
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Mon QUITTNER May 25 2015 5
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
More from around the web