Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670273 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441668 May 16, 2013
CatholicGuy61 wrote:
<quoted text>
What an stupid, ignorant thing to say. Have you ever READ what exactly happened to Galileo? The Vatican placed him under house arrest as a punishment. THIS horrible punishment in the same era that protestants were burning "witches" at stakes. How about actually learning about something before posting about it?
They burned Galileo at the stake?

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#441669 May 16, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
They burned Galileo at the stake?
These Catholics and Protestants on the forum would like us to believe those in their religions were guided by divine love ... but according to historians, that is far from any truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Burning was also used by Roman Catholics and Protestants during the witch-hunts of Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_burnin...
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441670 May 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
They do talk about that. But even you have to admit, science can only take us so far. It completely ignores the spiritual component of human beings. If it can't be proved in a science lab, they dismiss it as a theory at best.
I believe it is better to say that science ignores the supernatural component.

Yes, science looks for natural cause and effect. Science seeks to document through testing and observation.

We can accurately predict many thing based on science.

We can cure many diseases based on science.

We cannot do either with religion.

Disciple

San Diego, CA

#441671 May 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious right-fighters are prone to use weapons ... whether the weapons are guns or swords, or words, they use them against each other, as at the same time ... they all want us to believe, that they know the meaning of "divine" love.
Brilliant! I think your religion beats them all.
truth

Perth, Australia

#441672 May 16, 2013
many secret is in hide
how much i look stupid i am not care for my ordinary expression..
they are not nicely smart as they think..

they used good soul of good people as well destroying future of good people on evil nice way
possessors and deceivers are evil..

my anger toward them not will be finish
noooooooooo
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441673 May 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All religion IS theory.
Religion can't claim to be a credible science theory...

"a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction... "

Not a theory, religion is a delusion.
truth

Perth, Australia

#441674 May 16, 2013
your sience is killer too..they destroy many..they try cover up many things but they are killers as they are

then

Why people live longer life before if your science are God..its evil as it is nice way or cover up is some evil..no deference.

you not going toward perfection..you going toward evil miracle.. then destruction as well determination..is that nice to know..yessssss..its good to know.

many people if they know they will killed themself before anything happen..
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441675 May 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of boilerplate, protestantism reminds me of going to Old Country Buffet...it's cheap, easy, you have a thousand things to choose from, there's some really crappy stuff, and only a few good items, but you're in charge and if you don't like what you grab, you can spit if out and try something else.
Anthony I don't go to buffet's
I go directly to the Kings table where He has sat a banquet before me.
You are starving to death for spiritual food. because you don't know the difference between finger food and The food that God gives from heaven.

Terrace, Canada

#441676 May 16, 2013
Human nature leaves much to be desired.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Indigenous North Americans often used burning as a form of execution, either against members of other tribes or against white settlers during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Roasting over a slow fire was a customary method.[5] See Captives in American Indian Wars.

Terrace, Canada

#441677 May 16, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant! I think your religion beats them all.
Thank you, but I comprehend that I am only as honest and as kind as circumstances allow.

If push comes to shove, my will to survive will probably overrule all else. After all, I'm only human.
truth

Perth, Australia

#441678 May 16, 2013
When determination come its end.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#441679 May 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
These Catholics and Protestants on the forum would like us to believe those in their religions were guided by divine love ... but according to historians, that is far from any truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Burning was also used by Roman Catholics and Protestants during the witch-hunts of Europe.
Brilliant again June!
What was the reason for the killings? Do you happen to know?

Terrace, Canada

#441680 May 16, 2013
History & Archaeology

Starving Settlers in Jamestown Colony Resorted to Cannibalism

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeo...
Follow us:@SmithsonianMag on Twitter
But as Owsley revealed along with lead archaeologist William Kelso today at a press conference at the National Museum of Natural History, we now have the first direct evidence of cannibalism at Jamestown, the oldest permanent English colony in the Americas.“Historians have gone back and forth on whether this sort of thing really happened there,” Owsley says.“Given these bones in a trash pit, all cut and chopped up, it's clear that this body was dismembered for consumption.”

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeo...
Follow us:@SmithsonianMag on Twitter
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#441681 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Religion can't claim to be a credible science theory...
"a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction... "
Not a theory, religion is a delusion.
Agree. Global warming and evolution are some good examples. Wouldn't you say so?
truth

Perth, Australia

#441682 May 16, 2013
You can be very nice determinant too..see Dr Niche asked on some way determination of sick people..is that nice or wrong just one nice zic..Did i am wrong with my expression?
Your science talk every day about that.
If they aloud as they are its already start..then law will be free open..until 20% inhabitant on this planet left toward end= small village with superpower knowledge.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441683 May 16, 2013
CatholicGuy61 wrote:
<quoted text>
What an stupid, ignorant thing to say. Have you ever READ what exactly happened to Galileo? The Vatican placed him under house arrest as a punishment. THIS horrible punishment in the same era that protestants were burning "witches" at stakes. How about actually learning about something before posting about it?
ONLY after he recanted.

Terrace, Canada

#441684 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
We can accurately predict many thing based on science.
We can cure many diseases based on science.
We cannot do either with religion.
My guess is, the French men suffering from scurvy probably believed their prayers were answered because "god" gave the information to Domagaya to give to them.

People that believe in a god, will always fit a god into the equation. It's often just the way it is.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book … The Invasion Within … The Contest of Cultures in Colonial North America by James Axtell.

When a severe outbreak of land scurvy afflicted the ice-bound French, killing twenty-five and incapacitating all but a handful, Cartier leaned an image of the Virgin Mary against a tree a bowshot from the fort. On the following Sunday, the able-bodied fell into a solemn procession to the image, singing the seven Psalms of David and the Litany of All the Saints and praying to the Virgin to intercede with her son for compassion. After mass even the rugged seadog Cartier, who remained untouched by the scurvy, vowed to make a pilgrimage to our Lady of Rocamadour, a famous French shrine, if God returned him home safely. Because native psychology was still largely indecipherable to the French, this parade of invalids was clearly something they did not wish the Stadaconans to see. Ironically, it was the pagan Domagaya who brought salvation to the Christians by showing them the curative secret of white cedar.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441685 May 16, 2013
CatholicGuy61 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was tried and found guilty of "heresy" by the inquisition. He recanted to save his life, and was placed under arrest for the rest of his life.
Probably the only thing that saved his butt was that he had the support of the Jesuits, or he would have been tortured and made an example of.

"How about actually learning about something before posting about it?"

Did you read something different? Or are you just twisting the truth?

Since: May 13

Los Angeles, CA

#441686 May 16, 2013
What else WOULD the catholic church say??? Of course they would say this. I was baptized and raised catholic. They HAVE to maintain with all their might that they are the only true church in order to hang onto as many faithful as possible. Faithful = money. Money = power and influence. I am not saying they are ALL about the money but it is interesting to me that catholics the world over are asked to give, give and give some more, yet we never hear that the Church "sold off this or that art treasure" to provide food for the poor, clothing for the needy, etc. etc.

Terrace, Canada

#441687 May 16, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant again June!
What was the reason for the killings? Do you happen to know?
They believed those they tortured and burned to death were evil offenders of GOD's holy word ... if you can imaging anything so ludicrous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) 31 min WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web