Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665490 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#441648 May 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of boilerplate, protestantism reminds me of going to Old Country Buffet...it's cheap, easy, you have a thousand things to choose from, there's some really crappy stuff, and only a few good items, but you're in charge and if you don't like what you grab, you can spit if out and try something else.
Everyone that believes in the existence of gods are certain that the gods believe what they believe.
truth

Perth, Australia

#441649 May 16, 2013
you neglected as well rejected your first Creator..we choose life in this form as well our parents before we born..my life is finish here..
others try rebuild life for others as well program for them as well they are destroy life as well souls of many many and many..is that crime..from them not in reallity yes..

human existance is not here
they need go futher

Terrace, Canada

#441650 May 16, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all BS!
If God has a purpose for everything that happens the way it does, his divine plan as christians believe, why do millions of christians pray billions of prayers everyday asking God to change something in his divine plan?
Most christians pray on sunday. Gods day off. Thats not very nice.
People selfishly pray for everything under the sun. Women pray for a sunny day for their wedding, while just 1 mile away farmers are praying for rain.
People pray that the hurricane bearing down on them will spare their house and change course and blow someone elses house down.
Its all so silly.....I never pray and life couldn't be better at 63.....no health issues, no money problems, great family. When I make a mistake I back up and take the right fork in the road. I don't waste my time endlessly mumbling man made phrases wanting God to do something.
Who would want to worship a god that didn't have the same wills as the humans???

That would be a waste of time and energy.

:)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#441651 May 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you and your cohorts confine God to a specific set of Books, you got it made. Its unfair that you get to design your own Christianity. We have to listen to the Church that Jesus Christ started. I bet your grandkids will have a funner Christianity than you. Besides Gay Marriage, what kind of Christianity will the next generation of sola scripturist introduce?
Just hand them a Bible and the sky is the limit.(Literally, the Sky IS THE LIMIT) God won't let you bring that made up theology up there. Its a shame you can't smuggle your highlighted Bible into judgement day so you can show Jesus how He was wrong and you were right. Tell Him why you insulted His Mother and His chosen Apostles! He might ask you why you would ever think He taught Bible Alone.... Just a heads up.
"But, but Jesus ....it says right here....."

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441652 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ps 82:6 ¶ I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
"gods" not "Gods"...which planet are you from....in Christianity there is only one God...singular....
You need to change the words of Genesis.
...Let us make mankind in our image.
truth

Perth, Australia

#441653 May 16, 2013
evil upon evil tribe against tribe nation against nation..see
is that your righteousness
noooooooooooo
you can read as well understood perfect

Terrace, Canada

#441654 May 16, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
Religion and science...
A person is sick, the person prays and the person is cured.
A religious person looks at it and says, "God performed a miracle because of prayer!" That is the end of it.
A scientist looks at it in a very different way.
A scientist looks at it and says, "Prayer had nothing to do with it - there is a natural cause for what we see here. If we understand the natural cause, then we can heal many more people suffering from the same condition."
It is only by assuming that the belief in prayer is a superstition and therefore God is imaginary that science can proceed.
As they go the pharmacies they pray that god will pass the right medicine to them through the pharmacist.

:)

Terrace, Canada

#441655 May 16, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Human beings are selfish, but can also be selfless.
Do you believe that YOU are selfless?

I know that I am selfish ... and I was the same when I was under the spell of religion.

Terrace, Canada

#441656 May 16, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
The first step towards a new beginning would be "no more Holy Wars."
Religious right-fighters are prone to use weapons ... whether the weapons are guns or swords, or words, they use them against each other, as at the same time ... they all want us to believe, that they know the meaning of "divine" love.

Terrace, Canada

#441657 May 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WHAT YOU WILL. OR WOULD NOT GIVE... IS NOT WORTH A SNEEZE IN A SNOW STORM...
GOD WILL HAVE THE LAST WORD...CONCERNING YOU...
You are IN religion, and you hope I will be punished.

I am not in religion, and I wish only the best for you.

Location hidden

#441658 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are batting a thousand!!! You are really good!!!!
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
That is why I do not interpret....
Just who is the "Spirit of Truth" here? Are there now 4 in the trinity?...

...or is it referring to the early dynasty of the kings of Egypt?

Namely-"Maat"..in that is incorporated the "spirits" of Truth, Justice, and Fairness.

Terrace, Canada

#441659 May 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
JEHOVAH/God ...HIMSELF is SPIRIT...
Jesus said..in
Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
JESUS IS THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF GOD/JEHOVAH IN THE FLESH THAT BORE OUR SINS TO CALVARY'S CROSS.
As the perfect sinless sacrifice FOR OUR SINS...(NO OTHER EXISTING PERSON QUALIFIED..)
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
==> the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. <===
Are you daring to tell the Jews what THEY believe?

Elohim is that god of the Jews, and Jehovah is the Lord.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

God (good). Throughout the Hebrew Scriptures two chief names are used for the one true divine being—ELOHIM, commonly translated God in our version, and JEHOVAH translated Lord.

Location hidden

#441660 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my words as being absolutely true...
You are articulating through that famous orifice!!! You have no idea of which denomination I am a member of...
It is sad that you are so intellectually thwarted by your religion.

Only you can repair that damage.

Stooping to defamation on your part reveals your ineptness and poor character.

Location hidden

#441661 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So...again....you are speaking through that famous orifice!!!!
Get a snoot full of Seagram 7....it will help you see things "differently"...!!!!
Your behavior becomes worse with every post...

Not a very good representative of your religion---or Jesus.

You constantly break his first two (most important) rules of conduct.

Location hidden

#441662 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it wrong again!!!!
This is Scripture in the Holy Sacred Infallible Word of God...but, am not surprise this is news to you...
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
You are deflecting, setting up strawmen, and being quite dishonest.

You are trying to paint an artificial picture of me so you can throw "stones" at it.

Every time I expose your poor behavior, you become more verbose and angry in your personal attacks.

BAD OXBOW!
truth

Perth, Australia

#441663 May 16, 2013
hopeless not selfless

i will asked now my boys for mobile just tiny..see my power..then i will rebuild my computer system on very primitive way..as well go where i have to go few directions..yes then i will be self as well selfish too..not because of money..because i spent to much chating here tell you many things which entire world have in every city..is that secret..no not at all..
jesi vidio nogu=northen teritory=feet blue from see then look finger as tasmania..my son be lucky not to lose
then you will know transformasion of every symbol
did you see finger as well hand od lakta
sve tui je nacrtano na atlasu
jao kakva ustar um imam..ah poor my life..
i need be alone without anyone think proply
ah baba marice carice
nena pena je nacrtala njene oci bolje vide nego druge ha ha ha

neko nema ovaku pamet
jesi vidio plamicak
kad udes u crkvu sa one strane u catedrali..jesi vidio kako pusi iz nogu plamen
sad vidi gori kao stopalo nothern teritory
ti si mojoj nozi svijetiljka
sad ajde vidi mapu gori north korea i japan..lipo zaokruzi sad vidi plamicak izgleda plavkasto zbog vode plamplav plamicak see okruzeno sa kopnom oko japan i north korea

ruka do lakata
oko
i stopala
i to smo nacrtali
marice 150/150 degree vertical zero/zero equador
from where nemoj kazat sram te bilo
otkud bi oni znali znacenje
kao da ce to njima cuknit u glavu
cakula seeeeee na karti i kad je naskrabano
jao sad ce vjestice da me more jos vise
jedva sam ziva umorna

nedostaje mi zraka
nevolim kucu
ako ostanem ovdje jos malo
umirem
trebala bi ovi atlas zapalit da nevide sto sam crtala..moja mare oni bi sve ovo unistili za tren oka..kako mozes od lupeza ostat ziv
postena dusa jedva moze da se odrzi..sto je najgore kad je neko bolestan zadrt srdit i glup..is that nice no
umire moja dusa u meni
sad cu ja na bus..vidit opet onu sliku u katedrali
otkud bi oni mare znali sto to znaci
ma kakvi ispod nikakvih uvjeta vise objasnjavat lopovim mapu
CatholicGuy61

Cincinnati, OH

#441664 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Had he publicly stated that in the time of Galileo, he would have been tortured and burned by the RCC.
What an stupid, ignorant thing to say. Have you ever READ what exactly happened to Galileo? The Vatican placed him under house arrest as a punishment. THIS horrible punishment in the same era that protestants were burning "witches" at stakes. How about actually learning about something before posting about it?
truth

Perth, Australia

#441665 May 16, 2013
anger can be as zic..as force think or do something or find something..
they will tell you..luda izmisljotinja kao ludo radovanje..is that nice=no its not nice..but in reality you can start search as well find anything so ever with any words or letter or symbol

nice evil is some as big evil..in reality you will say ..its your imagination..

now

i will go
i will put all my symbols in order
then
its very easy be God alone

Location hidden

#441666 May 16, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They can just use the protestant boilerplate response.
If you disagree, claim that the source is speaking "metaphorically". Best applied when the source is speaking literally and repeats the literal for emphasis (See. John 6 25-59 for the best example of this).
Are you saying that the Genesis account of creation in 6 days was literal?...In the face of scientific discovery and analysis that shows that to be totally incorrect?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441667 May 16, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all BS!
If God has a purpose for everything that happens the way it does, his divine plan as christians believe, why do millions of christians pray billions of prayers everyday asking God to change something in his divine plan?
Most christians pray on sunday. Gods day off. Thats not very nice.
People selfishly pray for everything under the sun. Women pray for a sunny day for their wedding, while just 1 mile away farmers are praying for rain.
People pray that the hurricane bearing down on them will spare their house and change course and blow someone elses house down.
Its all so silly.....I never pray and life couldn't be better at 63.....no health issues, no money problems, great family. When I make a mistake I back up and take the right fork in the road. I don't waste my time endlessly mumbling man made phrases wanting God to do something.
I prayed that the hurricane wouldn't hit Floriduh and mess up my weekend, so it hit New Jersey and New York instead. I wonder why God was mad at them?

No one here will join me in praying for the end of cancer in mankind tomorrow.

I believe that's because deep inside, they know God is imaginary, so they only pray for things that have a chance of occurring naturally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 2 hr Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web