Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658410 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#441605 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical thinking of the popes of the "inquisition".
Is that what you are attempting to set up here?
Should I bring a black female cat to the "burning" ceremony?
Your archaic narrow minded ignorance and arrogance is revealing.
You got it wrong again!!!!

This is Scripture in the Holy Sacred Infallible Word of God...but, am not surprise this is news to you...

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441606 May 16, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
"Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat. Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat."(CHRIST IS THE VICTOR, CHRIST IS THE KING, CHRIST IS THE RULER, MAY CHRIST DEFEND HIS PEOPLE FROM ALL EVIL). On The east and west sides are inscribed exorcist formulas. It is topped by a bronze cross."
Why do you hate Christ? Why do you slander His church?
Why do you lie?
Get help.
Regina, I do not hate Christ, you can not take an object that was once use as an object of worship to other gods or goddess and use them to worship the Almighty God.
Everything given to God must be pure never used, like a lamb, our first fruits . never our seconds.
The statues in the catholic church were once prayed to as god's, people were sacrifice to some of them as they demanded blood offerings.
Instead of destroying these statues, the names were changes and are now used in catholic church's and people are bowing to them and praying. just like they did the obelisk , In Eygpt.
You in fact are bowing to strange gods , and Mary was the goddess Isis she has different names it depends on what country your in.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#441607 May 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina, you are under the assumption that this oblisk is a great thing it is a pagan statue, its not from God. I am trying to show you the truth. The USA has one in the Washington Square.
Other countries have them to.
I am sorry Regina I am not trying to be mean. Its not what you think it is.
The cross is a symbol of suffering for many people used by a pagan civilization The romans use them to torture people.
All enemies of roman were hung on a Cross.
Jesus because an enemy of Roman because he claimed to be a King for that He was crucified(Put to death on the cross.
You still think the Roman Empire and the Church at Rome (See St. Paul's Epistle to the Romans) are the same thing. That kind of ignorance should be outlawed. Take your screwy brain elsewhere and leave me alone with your tripe and bile. Nut job.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441608 May 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The BS of hundredds of priests over 1700. Yes.
Christiianity has nothing to do with Jesus and never has.
You follow Paul, Popes, Emperors and Preists. Not the teachings of Jesus.
"Jesus wept."
Yes, they do.
They will not consider the writings of more contemporary writings of the time at all. Only 4 of 27+ books were allowed as canon. And those were "later" redactions of the writings, perverted to having Jesus performing miracles(magick-which the RCC strictly forbids), and making him part of a trinity(which he NEVER taught in his time as "the Son of Man").
Those "books" being conspired by such people as Eusebius, Jerome, Irenaeus, Josephus, etc. All of which were subordinates of the Roman elite orthodoxy agenda, who advocated expulsion and death to anyone not submitting to their assembly of canon as absolute divine truth.
The character of Paul served to finalize the usurping of the actual teachings of Jesus, and a transformation of the original teachings to Roman theocratic rule of the "imperial church", and the "pope" became the representation of "God" on earth(Jesus was effectively "thrown under the bus").
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441609 May 16, 2013

OBELISK - What FreeMasons do not want you to know !!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#441610 May 16, 2013
Did you find what i wrote..
'if i need i will remove everything'
maybe on deference way
vanity vanity everything vanity under sky..

in matrix is evil so long
long period of history is been constantly change..
tribe against tribe nation against nation
they will come in my name
its not me..find that if i am wrong
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441611 May 16, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You still think the Roman Empire and the Church at Rome (See St. Paul's Epistle to the Romans) are the same thing. That kind of ignorance should be outlawed. Take your screwy brain elsewhere and leave me alone with your tripe and bile. Nut job.
Gladly Regina because you do not believe in Christ alone for our Salvation.
truth

Perth, Australia

#441612 May 16, 2013
we have just tiny small obelisk 2.5 meter upon our small place
2.5 meter white cura=girl=we call like that..
just tiny shape as y road divided before two branch

every obelisk is visible ..its not secret anybody can see..but in future..nobody can't see perfection

Location hidden

#441613 May 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Tried to hide? Who do you think copied and preserved them for 1900 years? Seriously, paint us an historical picture of how these came down to us today.
It certainly was not your church. They were declared "heretical", and death was the penalty for possessing them or even speaking of them.
If that church "preserved" copies of them they were/are buried in the Vatican to this day.
The Nag Hammadi codices and the Qumran scrolls were "buried for safe keeping" from the Roman theocracy's attempt to destroy those writings as "heretical".
Even the "Sinai bible" was scheduled for destruction...but luckily it was ignored by lax priests, and discovered by accident, or it would also have been "lost".
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441614 May 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura,” or Scripture Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that the Bible alone is the sole authority for all matters of faith and practice. Scripture and Scripture alone is the standard by which all teachings and doctrines of the church must be measured. As Martin Luther so eloquently stated when asked to recant on his teachings, "Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason - I do not accept the authority of the popes and councils, for they have contradicted each other - my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. God help me. Amen."

2—“Sola Gratia,” Salvation by Grace Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that salvation is by God’s grace alone and that we are rescued from His wrath by His grace alone. God’s grace in Christ is not merely necessary, but is the sole efficient cause of salvation. This grace is the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit that brings us to Christ by releasing us from our bondage to sin and raising us from spiritual death to spiritual life.

3—“Sola Fide,” Salvation by Faith Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that justification is by grace alone through faith alone because of Christ alone. It is by faith in Christ that His righteousness is imputed to us as the only possible satisfaction of God’s perfect justice.

4—“Solus Christus,” In Christ Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that salvation is found in Christ alone and that His sinless life and substitutionary atonement alone are sufficient for our justification and reconciliation to God the Father. The gospel has not been preached if Christ’s substitutionary work is not declared, and if faith in Christ and His work is not solicited.

5—“Soli Deo Gloria, For the Glory of God Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that salvation is of God and has been accomplished by God for His glory alone. It affirms that as Christians we must glorify Him always, and must live our entire lives before the face of God, under the authority of God, and for His glory alone.

These five important and fundamental doctrines are the reason for the Protestant Reformation. They are at the heart of where the Roman Catholic Church went wrong in its doctrine, and why the Protestant Reformation was necessary to return churches throughout the world to correct doctrine and biblical teaching. They are just as important today in evaluating a church and its teachings as they were then. In many ways, much of Protestant Christianity needs to be challenged to return to these fundamental doctrines of the faith, much like the reformers challenged the Roman Catholic Church to do in the sixteenth century.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Protestant-Reform...

truth

Perth, Australia

#441615 May 16, 2013
in matrix is evil is so long

that evil constantly destroying good and rightfully soul

now
do you love me i am not to much care
it is as it is
evil upon evil
tribe against tribe
nation against nation
simply evil upon evil
truth

Perth, Australia

#441616 May 16, 2013
we not build that ..no..my people not
Michael

Canada

#441617 May 16, 2013
CatholicGuy61 wrote:
If you don't like the Catholic Church, don't become Catholic. It's that freakin' simple. I was a protestant for 20 years, an atheist for 30, and now I'm Catholic and loving it. I sleep better, I feel better, I have peace and hope. Even my marriage is better. I would say "that's just me", but it's that way for a lot of people. Check out your local parish's RCIA class. No the Church isn't perfect.(Is any church?) But after fifty years, I've found what works for me. Peace to you all.
Vast majority of baptized roman catholics today did not become catholics on their own accord like you did. Born by chance into the catholic faith, most are indoctrinated into the belief by their parents to become what their parents want them to become.......just like them.

Indoctrination is the main reason so many people leave their family belief. It makes much more sense to determine for ourselves at a responsible age what religion or non belief suits our individual needs.

Location hidden

#441618 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The CC doesn't put limitations on the writings of God. Vatican Library has over 75,000 books.
And 150,000 are kept in the Vatican "secret library".

Why do you suppose that is?
truth

Perth, Australia

#441619 May 16, 2013
When continent start moving then you will speak about God.
GOD ALONE EXIST
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441620 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that was from the Catholic Church. The speaker is Tim Staples, Director of Apologetcs and Evangelization at Catholic Answers.
I will post more about the science side of theology from the CC tomorrow.
Gotta run for now.
I wasn't aware that Catholic Answers was affiliated with the Church.

I look for your posts regarding Catholic faith and science from the theology side.

Location hidden

#441621 May 16, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Conspiracy Christianity? LOL, Clay came up with it!
I thought it was appropriate to the discussion. You know, with the Vatican hiding those documents and all.
What a wonder....they're now on the internet for all to see!!
How did that happen?!
;)
Perhaps you could suggest that they release the 150,000 secret documents archive.
That 75,000 was actually "manuscripts"...ther e are over 1 million books.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#441622 May 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
Sola Scriptura,” or Scripture Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that the Bible alone is the sole authority for all matters of faith and practice. Scripture and Scripture alone is the standard by which all teachings and doctrines of the church must be measured. As Martin Luther so eloquently stated when asked to recant on his teachings, "Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason - I do not accept the authority of the popes and councils, for they have contradicted each other - my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. God help me. Amen."
2—“Sola Gratia,” Salvation by Grace Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that salvation is by God’s grace alone and that we are rescued from His wrath by His grace alone. God’s grace in Christ is not merely necessary, but is the sole efficient cause of salvation. This grace is the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit that brings us to Christ by releasing us from our bondage to sin and raising us from spiritual death to spiritual life.
3—“Sola Fide,” Salvation by Faith Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that justification is by grace alone through faith alone because of Christ alone. It is by faith in Christ that His righteousness is imputed to us as the only possible satisfaction of God’s perfect justice.
4—“Solus Christus,” In Christ Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that salvation is found in Christ alone and that His sinless life and substitutionary atonement alone are sufficient for our justification and reconciliation to God the Father. The gospel has not been preached if Christ’s substitutionary work is not declared, and if faith in Christ and His work is not solicited.
5—“Soli Deo Gloria, For the Glory of God Alone: This affirms the Biblical doctrine that salvation is of God and has been accomplished by God for His glory alone. It affirms that as Christians we must glorify Him always, and must live our entire lives before the face of God, under the authority of God, and for His glory alone.
These five important and fundamental doctrines are the reason for the Protestant Reformation. They are at the heart of where the Roman Catholic Church went wrong in its doctrine, and why the Protestant Reformation was necessary to return churches throughout the world to correct doctrine and biblical teaching. They are just as important today in evaluating a church and its teachings as they were then. In many ways, much of Protestant Christianity needs to be challenged to return to these fundamental doctrines of the faith, much like the reformers challenged the Roman Catholic Church to do in the sixteenth century.
If gotquestions.org is wrong about Jesus drinking and making alcoholic wine, how do you know they're right about the five solas?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441623 May 16, 2013
Religion and science...

A person is sick, the person prays and the person is cured.

A religious person looks at it and says, "God performed a miracle because of prayer!" That is the end of it.

A scientist looks at it in a very different way.

A scientist looks at it and says, "Prayer had nothing to do with it - there is a natural cause for what we see here. If we understand the natural cause, then we can heal many more people suffering from the same condition."

It is only by assuming that the belief in prayer is a superstition and therefore God is imaginary that science can proceed.

Location hidden

#441624 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The goal is to become like Jesus, yes.
Here is something else written in the GoTom that is very uncharacteristic of Jesus' teachings as recorded in the NT.
"Jesus said to them, "When you make the two one, and when you
make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside,
and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the
female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the
female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye,
and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and
a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter [the
Kingdom]."
Of course. It is completely contrary to the teaching of the "Roman" church who says you can not find the kingdom without their meddling...which is NOT what Jesus was teaching at all.

The above words are absolutely correct BTW...and points to the specific instruction guide to that end...one taught 4000 years ago, and still reliable instruction to his day(and even now). One, many of his day were still familiar with... and was deemed "heretical" by the church of Rome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam 5 hr Full Muslim stupid 13
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Mr Sir 10,239
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web