Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603170 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#441379 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another cathaholic invention of synod made to law by council and papal bull-literally.
Since you view teachings based on Scripture as "Another cathaholic invention of synod made to law by council and papal bull-literally"...I have no further interest with discussing Scripture with you...

Location hidden

#441380 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter which representative of the great lie is portrayed...it is all a fabrication obfuscating the truth of the actual teachings of the Jesus.
Your church and it's structure is a "fraud" and an abomination.
Since you view teachings based on Scripture as "Another cathaholic invention of synod made to law by council and papal bull-literally"...I have no further interest with discussing Scripture with you...

Location hidden

#441381 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are an expert on "spirituality"?
How much is left in your Seagrams bottle Oxbow?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441382 May 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
365 353
<quoted text>
Am curious...what were the first words of Jesus before the universal church expelled them from the "accepted canon" of the theocracy.
If you don't see the analogy of Jonas in the belly of the whale for three days/nights, and the death and resurrection of Christ after three days/nights, no amount of explaining from me will help you...
1 "How fortunate are the poor ; they have the Kingdom of Elohim.
2 How fortunate the hungry ; they will be fed.
3 How fortunate those who weep ; they will laugh."

May have been the very first recorded...there are many more from the original records.

Location hidden

#441383 May 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
365 353
<quoted text>
Am curious...what were the first words of Jesus before the universal church expelled them from the "accepted canon" of the theocracy.
If you don't see the analogy of Jonas in the belly of the whale for three days/nights, and the death and resurrection of Christ after three days/nights, no amount of explaining from me will help you...
no I don;t...except as a cathaholic reconstruction of meaning related to their doctrine.
3 days is the time when the sun sets on the same point of the horizon before it begins ascent again...it is ancient knowledge...that's where your silly story came from.
You can be so easily duped into anything cant you?

Location hidden

#441384 May 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I interpret nothing from Scripture..
You evidently disagree with what I know the message therein contains from Scripture..So....help me out here...tell me what message you see in the same Scripture...
You are such a liar!
The story of Jonah (I explained it's root) is a perfect example of your erroneous interpretation.

Location hidden

#441385 May 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't!

You don't or can't stand to hear the real truth!

That would upend your entire world of make believe.

Location hidden

#441386 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
1 "How fortunate are the poor ; they have the Kingdom of Elohim.
2 How fortunate the hungry ; they will be fed.
3 How fortunate those who weep ; they will laugh."
May have been the very first recorded...there are many more from the original records.
I have 18 versions of the Bible....none show these words...pxxxxxx upwind causes it to fly back in your face....if you enjoy that...continue...

Location hidden

#441387 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
no I don;t...except as a cathaholic reconstruction of meaning related to their doctrine.
3 days is the time when the sun sets on the same point of the horizon before it begins ascent again...it is ancient knowledge...that's where your silly story came from.
You can be so easily duped into anything cant you?
No amount of explaining from me will help you...

Location hidden

#441388 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a liar!
The story of Jonah (I explained it's root) is a perfect example of your erroneous interpretation.
You can't answer my question "So....help me out here...tell me what message you see in the same Scripture" because you have not the slightest clue as to what it says other than what I showed you...becaue there is no other message....

Location hidden

#441389 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 18 versions of the Bible....none show these words...pxxxxxx upwind causes it to fly back in your face....if you enjoy that...continue...
Of course you don't. They are in writings rejected by "your" canon.
That of the "accepted" cathaholic version.
Would you like more?

Location hidden

#441391 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't answer my question "So....help me out here...tell me what message you see in the same Scripture" because you have not the slightest clue as to what it says other than what I showed you...becaue there is no other message....
there IS no message except to pervert the rational and point it to the thinking of the structure of the papal lie.

Location hidden

#441392 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
there IS no message except to pervert the rational and point it to the thinking of the structure of the papal lie.
Do you have a "special conclave" that disseminates every post that you make or that is replied to?
Is that the purpose of your enumeration?
I could feel special in that you will loose most of it in the argument...even though you might try to defame me with such ludicrous statements of your "seagrams 7" defamations....which only prove your desparation in light of truth and actuality.

Carry on...

Location hidden

#441393 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No amount of explaining from me will help you...
Of course not...you are a jesuit fraud....

Since: Nov 08

usa

#441394 May 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I just watched a program called "truth seekers."
On the program it showed how the air-force was doing tests on pilots concerning what happened to them when they pass-out from the blood leaving their brains from extreme Gravitational-force.
When the pilots came back to conscious-awareness, some of them told of having the same experiences as those who claim to have had near-death experiences.
They saw relatives on earth and ones that were deceased. And they felt euphoric and saw bright lights, etc.
Scientists explained it as a natural state of what occurs when the brain is deprived of oxygen.
Many in religion are anxious to attach their theology to the issue ... but my guess is, the more scientists study the phenomena, the more they will conclude it has nothing in common with religion.
I believe it happens because if you know your life is about to end your final thoughts are going to be on the people you truly loved and cared about threw out out your life,it's not a glimpse into heaven or hell.

usa

#441395 May 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you put faith in a second coming, those "are" your desires.
Your bible would be worse than useless to you if you thought Jesus was not going to come to save you.
I don't believe any savior is necessary for animals, and whether humans want to face it or not ... we are ALL simply animals.
If there just happens to be an afterlife, my guess is, it will include all the same type of life that ever existed on earth ... even dinosaurs.
That would only be fair.
:)
I have no bible,i don't believe in blind faith,i believe in reality/evolution-ism,there is no second coming,there will be another mass extinction,i believe the earth/universe was created by a massive explosion billions of years ago between matter and anti-matter or dark matter as they call it today,we were not tossed together on a whim from a god who just happened by and thought this would be a great place to start a chaotic world,o god can not exist from nothing he had to come from some thing,was he created shortly after the great blast? I do believe life on earth was helped by the bombardment of years of meteors,asteroids,comets.where else would the water come from,the life force behind anything created,a chemical reaction took place and eventually evolved to what you see today,if we lived on a planet created by a god how come it's not going to last forever? eventually the sun is going to burn out and man/earth will be gone,scientists are frantically searching for a place for us to go billions are being spent by a combination of countries trying to figure out how are we going to get out of here before the end comes? our demise if it happens will be our fault not because of a battle between good an evil.

usa

#441396 May 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
*whispers* Psst - Jethro is sort of like you - but a Realist.
Yes i do happen to agree with her on this point. you have a better one? no you don't, you just think you do,because you were told you did.

Location hidden

#441397 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, maybe it's time you got one that states what Jesus actually said, rather than one that "redacted" everything that he really said!
Try the NH library, Or the Qumran scrolls for a start.

But yer "pope" might jist "smite ya fer it!

Oh...Ya want some of yer favorite Seagrams 7 fer the trip?

Personally, I find it rather "cheap and trashy proof"...as I find "you".

usa

#441398 May 16, 2013
ironman77 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think bc there is cancer and its not always cured God doesn't exsist? If you believe in eternal life than you know what happens on earth is irrelavent. You would also know to trust and have faith in God. Jesus was crucified and God let it happen! If the son of God is allowed to suffer what makes you think we are any better? Unfortunatly because Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit from the Tree of knowledge we must all learn different lessons! Some will suffer, others will not, but the point is God worned them to not eat of the tree of knowledge. Now we must learn hense the name, "Tree of knowledge!" But, For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son so that they may not perish but have ever lasting life! See God does love us all and wants us to be with him! I had a hard time accepting God and his love bc of my own pride,fears, and honestly I'm glad I don't suffer like the Agnostic or Athiest but I did at one time! THANK YOU LORD FOR SHOWING ME THE TRUTH AND LOVING ME ENOUGH TO REVEAL YOUR HOLY SPIRIT! I TRUST YOU AND HAVE FAITH THAT NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS TO ME I WILL WALK WITH YOU IN THE END!
If god exists why would he give cancer to a person in the first place, like me for instance? i never did anything that would be considered bad enough,that i deserve such a fate.why would he give a new born child the disease? what has the child done that was so bad? being born without permission?

usa

#441399 May 16, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we do have St. Peter's remains. That was a mistake on my part. But we don't base our faith on that fact. It would still be the Catholic faith, with or without his remains.
that's a theory,just because you find a box with the name peter on it doesn't mean that is who is in the box,since there is no possible way to prove it (no relatives),you can't say with 100% surety that is what you have.the catholic church is known for being untrustworthy so it could be one of their made up scams.and since peter was married with children what happened to them when he became a apostle?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 7 hr 15th Dalai Lama 84,395
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr ThineWillBeDone 9,672
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Chimney1 420
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web