Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589163 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#441335 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
The Catholics have his bones.
That was their ridiculous basis that they were the rightful head of the "universal church"...and apostolic succession...and the "creation" of saints(and their control of it).
The obelisk in St. Peters square is the "exterior" symbol of their "superiority" over all religions for all to see. There are others in the buildings floors that are "walked on".
They THINK they have his bones. Probably not. They thought they had his chair too until a Muslim pointed out some Islamic carvings on it. LOL.
The obelisk in St. Peters is of pagan origin. SILLY PEOPLE.
The statues have been renamed. Mary and Jesus is Isis and Horus - predating Christ by centuries.

Yet they still believe they are the only ones who can interpret scriture and only they have the truth.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#441336 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The link you provided shows "literally" what I stated.
Yes, we do have St. Peter's remains. That was a mistake on my part. But we don't base our faith on that fact. It would still be the Catholic faith, with or without his remains.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#441337 May 15, 2013
A large pink granite obelisk can be admired in the center of the square. It was hewn from a single block and stands 25.31 m. high on a base 8.25 m. wide. The obelisk which comes from Heliopolis, Egypt, where it was built by the Pharaoh Mencares in 1835 BC in honor of the sun, was brought to Rome in 37 BC by the Emperor Caligula (37-41) and erected in the circus he built. Here it was silent witness of the martyrdom of St. Peter and of many other Christians. In 1586 Sixtus V had it moved to the center of St. Peter's Square.

Originally inscribed to "Divine Augustus" and "Divine Tiberius" and now dedicated to the Holy Cross - "Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat. Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat." It is topped by a bronze cross containing a fragment of the true Cross.
http://saintpetersbasilica.org/Exterior/Obeli...

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

#441338 May 15, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we do have St. Peter's remains.
:)

Smithers, Canada

#441339 May 15, 2013
It's too bad that the supposed savior Jesus is not in his supposed tomb.

My guess is if they had a body in that tomb, they would find out that the father's DNA is not of a spirit, but rather of a mortal man of earth.

The Catholic-theologians struck it lucky when they made up the story that he rose from the dead and disappeared into the wild blue yonder.

With no body to be found ... no DNA sample can be tested to prove that the father was of earth, NOT of spirit.

Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#441340 May 15, 2013
Regina wrote:
A large pink granite obelisk can be admired in the center of the square. It was hewn from a single block and stands 25.31 m. high on a base 8.25 m. wide. The obelisk which comes from Heliopolis, Egypt, where it was built by the Pharaoh Mencares in 1835 BC in honor of the sun, was brought to Rome in 37 BC by the Emperor Caligula (37-41) and erected in the circus he built. Here it was silent witness of the martyrdom of St. Peter and of many other Christians. In 1586 Sixtus V had it moved to the center of St. Peter's Square.
Originally inscribed to "Divine Augustus" and "Divine Tiberius" and now dedicated to the Holy Cross - "Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat. Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat." It is topped by a bronze cross containing a fragment of the true Cross.
Jer. 43:13 He shall break also the images of Bethshemesh, that is in the land of Egypt; and the houses of the gods of the Egyptians shall he burn with fire.

Micah 5:13 Thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee; and thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands.
Pictures of John Paul II, dressed in scarlet, celebrating Palm Sunday in St. Peter's square on April 16th, 2000, with a "grove" of potted palms and hundred-year-old olive trees placed around the standing solar pillar (matstsebah) or obelisk, in the centre of the Vatican's large pagan solar wheel symbolizing Baal and Ishtar.

Deu 16:21 Thou shalt not plant thee a grove (asherah) of any trees near unto the altar of the LORD thy God, which thou shalt make thee.
Deu 16:22 Neither shalt thou set thee up any image (matstsebah / pillar); which the LORD thy God hateth.

Why on Earth would a church claiming to be apostolic and the pillar of truth set up a pagan obelisk in the centre of St. Peter's square?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#441341 May 15, 2013
The word matstsebah in Hebrew means standing images or obelisk and it can be found in many places of the Bible. Here is Strong's definition of the Hebrew word matstsebah-

H4676. matstsebah, mats-tsay-baw'; fem.(causat.) part. of H5324; something stationed, i.e. a column or (memorial stone); by anal. an idol:--garrison,(standing) image, pillar.

In the following verses matstsebah has been translated as image(s)-

Exodus 23:24 Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

Exodus 34:13 But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:

Lev 26:1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 7:5 But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire.

Deuteronomy 12:3 And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place.

1 Kings 14:23 For they also built them high places, and images, and groves, on every high hill, and under every green tree.

2 Kings 3:2 And he wrought evil in the sight of the LORD; but not like his father, and like his mother: for he put away the image of Baal that his father had made.

2 Kings 10:26 And they brought forth the images out of the house of Baal, and burned them.

2 Kings 10:27 And they brake down the image of Baal, and brake down the house of Baal, and made it a draught house unto this day.

2 Chronicles 14:3 For he took away the altars of the strange gods, and the high places, and brake down the images, and cut down the groves:

2 Chronicles 31:1 Now when all this was finished, all Israel that were present went out to the cities of Judah, and brake the images in pieces, and cut down the groves, and threw down the high places and the altars out of all Judah and Benjamin, in Ephraim also and Manasseh, until they had utterly destroyed them all. Then all the children of Israel returned, every man to his possession, into their own cities.

Jer. 43:13 He shall break also the images of Bethshemesh, that is in the land of Egypt; and the houses of the gods of the Egyptians shall he burn with fire.

Micah 5:13 Thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee; and thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands.

Seems to me these words fall on deaf ears in the Papacy.

Smithers, Canada

#441342 May 15, 2013
Regina wrote:
The Catholic theologians were very busy with their pens and their imaginations ... as were all theologians before and after the Catholics.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441343 May 15, 2013
Regina wrote:
The Romans can inscribe and attribute all they wish to and on it.
Since, and in it's creation, it is "the footprint of THOTH" and represents the "Ray of light" of "Re" to mankind.
That is it's true purpose, and what it is meant to manifest.
My grandaughter recently went to the Vatican while touring Europe, and I explained many of the things she should look for in various "church" structures, and why they were there and how they were incorporated.
She called home all excited -Grandpa! You were right about all that you told me! I saw them all. How did you know?
I told her- "Your ancestors told me".

Smithers, Canada

#441344 May 15, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Pictures of John Paul II, dressed in scarlet, celebrating Palm Sunday in St. Peter's square on April 16th, 2000, with a "grove" of potted palms and hundred-year-old olive trees placed around the standing solar pillar (matstsebah) or obelisk, in the centre of the Vatican's large pagan solar wheel symbolizing Baal and Ishtar.
Deu 16:21 Thou shalt not plant thee a grove (asherah) of any trees near unto the altar of the LORD thy God, which thou shalt make thee.
Deu 16:22 Neither shalt thou set thee up any image (matstsebah / pillar); which the LORD thy God hateth.
Why on Earth would a church claiming to be apostolic and the pillar of truth set up a pagan obelisk in the centre of St. Peter's square?
As you argue over what the scriptures mean to you, you ignore what other scriptures through the ages meant to others in other religions.

Your religion is all about what you believe it will do for you ... and their religions were all about what they believed the religions would do for them.

Religion is the game of what the supposed gods are expected to do for all their favorites on earth, and in the hereafter.

Too bad for all the other animals that don't have gods to favor them.

Humans are very silly indeed!

Smithers, Canada

#441345 May 15, 2013
What does all this haggling over whose religion is real and whose is false accomplish???

You still all believe that your own religion is the only one that matters.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#441346 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
What does all this haggling over whose religion is real and whose is false accomplish???
You still all believe that your own religion is the only one that matters.
But isn't it fun?
You are here for what other reason, June?

Nobody can ever convince any Catholic that their religion is based on folly.
They claim to be the only true church.

Looking through history when they persecuted those who did not agree with them and cruelly burned people alive who had annoyed them, it speaks volumes that the Love of Jesus is somewhat lost in their faith.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#441347 May 15, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
And where do you think Mary comes from? Diana, Isis, Astarte, etc.

Location hidden

#441348 May 15, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sheryl. How are you?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#441349 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have plant life in your family, I guess you have every right to do that.
If you had been able to read the posts regards "bro" you would know that I did not refer to a plant by that term..

Please do not try driving your car in that condition!!!!
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#441350 May 15, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
The original St. Marys in Bridge Street Hamilton NZ had a black Mary on the fresco above the entrance.
Ishtar/Semiramus and Tammuz/Nimrod. Tammuz was a virgin birth too.

Ezekiel 8:15

Lent has it's origins in this. SUNWORSHIP! MITHRA.

Our legacy from Rome.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#441351 May 15, 2013
Hello Clay....Where be thou???

It appears you are going to do the typical Catholic thing...avoid facing and admitting the truth....by any means..

One question...by what reason do you reject the Catholic encyclopedia teaching: Christ the Incarnate Son of God and redeemer of the human race....

All I have from you so far is "DDDDddddduuuuhhhhh...I don' know".....

Location hidden

#441352 May 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had been able to read the posts regards "bro" you would know that I did not refer to a plant by that term..
Please do not try driving your car in that condition!!!!
Are you attempting to degrade my character?
Exactly "what" condition is that? You have done this now 2 or 3 times.
You are the one who brought "plants" into this not I.
I reckon that you must think I have extrasensory power huh?

Location hidden

#441353 May 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Hello Clay....Where be thou???
It appears you are going to do the typical Catholic thing...avoid facing and admitting the truth....by any means..
One question...by what reason do you reject the Catholic encyclopedia teaching: Christ the Incarnate Son of God and redeemer of the human race....
All I have from you so far is "DDDDddddduuuuhhhhh...I don' know".....
Maybe because Jesus never stated that he was "Incarnate"...and that he did state that he was the son of man.

Did that ever cross your mind?

Maybe you shouldn't drive in that condition.
marge

Ames, IA

#441354 May 15, 2013
incarnate is a cathilic word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 2 hr pazuzu 57
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr IveGotFamilyInHOP 9,371
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) 7 hr ELIAS IBARRA 9
News Francis expects short papacy 9 hr ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark 11 hr ELIAS IBARRA 10
News After a visit from the pope, Mr. Castro has muc... 22 hr L I G E R 2
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Wed barry 84,264
More from around the web