Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687393 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441590 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for certifying that you one of the natural men the Word of God speaks of....
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Typical thinking of the popes of the "inquisition".
Is that what you are attempting to set up here?
Should I bring a black female cat to the "burning" ceremony?
Your archaic narrow minded ignorance and arrogance is revealing.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441591 May 16, 2013
celebrating the pontificate of John Paul II, and on it is the obelisk and sun wheel of St. Peter's piazza, and a very distinct sunburst emanating from the Basilica itself. The correlation of the symbology is striking.

Pope John Paul II, at World Youth Day 2000, was wearing a crimson and gold stole, which bears the symbols of Baal / Shamash within an eight-pointed star of Ishtar.

Pope Pius XII wore the same stole.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#441592 May 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
"It had witnessed the martyrdom of Christianity??"
So the obelisk can see ??
Have you ever wondered what the symbols, and writings on the Obelisk are and say and what they stand for Regina.
You should check it out you might learn something . I think you would be unpleasantly surprise the writings are not what you say they are.
"Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat. Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat."(Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil). On The east and west sides are inscribed exorcist formulas. It is topped by a bronze cross."

This is what is written on the obelisk. Apparently, you object to Christ and His cross. I'm not surprised.

Yes, inanimate objects can stand as a witness to an event.

Take your one dimensional demonized fundie thinking elsewhere. It doesn't belong in Christian society.

Get help.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#441593 May 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
The Obelisk
The Egyptian obelisk that stands in the square of St. John Lateran (shown at left) is the largest in existence. Originally carved during the reign of Pharaoh Thutmoses III, it stood in the Temple of Amon in Thebes (Karnak), but was removed to Rome by emperor Constantius (A.D. 317-361), and placed in the Circus Maximus. In 1587 Pope Sixtus V unearthed the fallen, broken and long forgotten obelisk and had it repaired and placed in the Piazza S. Giovanni in Laterano. Interestingly enough, it is possible that Moses saw this very obelisk when he was in Egypt. Now this obelisk, meant to honor the sun god, stands beside what Catholics call the supreme "Mother of all Churches", the official cathedra of the bishop of Rome, the Pope, which brings to mind Revelation 17: 5 and the apostate Mother Church, Mystery Babylon, the mother of harlots, who stands accused of fornication, a mixing of the sacred with the profane, truth with error.
Mysteries of the Nile (NOVA)
Egypt - Amazing Discoveries
"Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat. Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat."(CHRIST IS THE VICTOR, CHRIST IS THE KING, CHRIST IS THE RULER, MAY CHRIST DEFEND HIS PEOPLE FROM ALL EVIL). On The east and west sides are inscribed exorcist formulas. It is topped by a bronze cross."

Why do you hate Christ? Why do you slander His church?

Why do you lie?

Get help.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441594 May 16, 2013
PAGAN SUN WORSHIP AND CATHOLICISM
THE PAGAN SUN WHEEL, THE OBELISK AND BAAL

----------

a Roman coin from the 3rd century A.D.(Probus, A.D. 276-282) which on the reverse depicts the pagan sun god driving a chariot drawn by four horses (Sol in Quadriga). The inscription reads SOLI INVICTO - The Invincible Sun.]
At right is a similar mosaic found in the Vatican grottoes under St. Peter's Basilica, on the vaulted ceiling of the tomb of the Julii (also known as "Mausoleum M"). It depicts Christ as the sun-god Helios / Sol riding in his chariot, and is dated to the 3rd century A.D. The two left horses were destroyed when the hole was made to enter the tomb. Other mosaics in this Christian tomb depicted Jonah and the whale, the good shepherd carrying a lamb, and fishermen. This blending of paganism with Christianity is syncretism, and apostasy.

At left is a pagan sun wheel in the temple at Kararak India, which is associated with occultism and astrology.
Note the following verse-

2 Ki 23:11 And he took away the horses that the kings of Judah had given to the sun, at the entering in of the house of the LORD, by the chamber of Nathanmelech the chamberlain, which was in the suburbs, and burned the chariots of the sun with fire.

From the book
"The New Illustrated Great Controversy"
Copyright LLT Productions
Used by Permission

When Israel apostatized, they made chariots dedicated to the sun god, who it was thought, traveled across the sky in a great chariot. Hence the origin of the sun wheel.

The Symbols of Baal, Ishtar and Shamash

Below is an artifact unearthed in the holy of holies of the pagan temple in the Canaanite city of Hatzor / Hazor, in northern Israel. It is described as follows:
"Of special interest is a square basalt altar for burning incense. On one of its sides, a circle with a cross in the center the divine symbol of the Canaanite storm god is carved in low relief."
"... a basalt offering table, pillar-shaped, with a carved symbol of the storm god Baal on its side. That symbol was a circle with a cross in the center"

Sources:
Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Hatzor: "The Head of all those Kingdoms"
University of Illinois, Religious Studies, Hazor

----------

... The Akkadian Ishtar is also, to a greater extent, an astral deity, associated with the planet Venus: with Shamash, sun god, and Sin, moon god, she forms a secondary astral triad. In this manifestation her symbol is a star with 6, 8, or 16 rays within a circle....

Source: Encyclopedia Britannica Online, article on Ishtar.

----------

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#441595 May 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it in the original Hebrew you moron. It wasn't written in English.
Psalm 82 plainly states that we are the Elohim, GODS! The only difference is that we will die. Also plainly stated!
Ps 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

"gods" not "Gods"...which planet are you from....in Christianity there is only one God...singular....
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441596 May 16, 2013
The Star of Ishtar

Because some astronomical objects move through the sky in repeated and known intervals of time, the behavior of the celestial gods associated with them can be symbolized numerically. Ishtar, as the planet Venus, perhaps was handled this way in the eight-pointed star that usually stands for her on Babylonian boundary stones.

References to Venus as early as 3000 BC are known from evidence at Uruk, an important early Sumerian city in southern Iraq. One clay tablet found at the site says "star Inanna," and another contains symbols for the words "star, setting sun, Inanna." Inanna is Venus, known later as Ishtar, and the Uruk tablets specify her celestial identity with the symbol for "star": an eight-pointed star.

Source: The Star of Ishtar, Iraq Resource Information Site.

----------

So can the star within a circle, or sun wheel, be found in the Vatican in Rome? Indeed it can!

THere is a photo of the papal palace with the pope at the window of his apartment. Note the many eight-pointed stars of Ishtar in the decorative work above the windows. Some are within a darker circle.

Detail from a photo by Adam J. Polczyk-Przybyla
DHD Photo Gallery

Here you see a view of the piazza or plaza at the Vatican, also known as St. Peter's square. The papal palace is on the right edge of the photo. The large eight-rayed sun wheel design, symbolic of Ishtar, is immediately noticeable. Look closely in the center of the wheel. What you see there is an obelisk, a genuine Egyptian obelisk shipped from Heliopolis to Rome by the Roman emperor Caligula. The obelisk is, of course, a phallic symbol,* but it also was used in sun worship. Click on the image to view a larger version of the same image.

* It is claimed that the word 'obelisk' literally means 'Baal's shaft' or 'Baal's organ of reproduction'. Source: Masonic and Occult Symbols Illustrated, by Dr. Cathy Burns, pg. 341.

Location hidden

#441597 May 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ture. youhave 1700 years of frauds to do it for you. All you do is repeat their lies.
You are batting a thousand!!! You are really good!!!!

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

That is why I do not interpret....

Location hidden

#441598 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen His wonderful creation and that's enough for me. Life is so intricate and complicated and ordered that it is far more easier for me to believe this universe has an Author than it is for me to believe all this is sheer coincidence.
Did you know that the dude who first proposed the Big Bang Theory, Georges Lemaitre, was a priest, astronomer and professor of physics at the Catholic University of Louvain?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%...
Interesting, huh?
Had he publicly stated that in the time of Galileo, he would have been tortured and burned by the RCC.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441600 May 16, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
"Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat. Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat."(CHRIST IS THE VICTOR, CHRIST IS THE KING, CHRIST IS THE RULER, MAY CHRIST DEFEND HIS PEOPLE FROM ALL EVIL). On The east and west sides are inscribed exorcist formulas. It is topped by a bronze cross."
Why do you lie?
Get help.
Regina, you are under the assumption that this oblisk is a great thing it is a pagan statue, its not from God. I am trying to show you the truth. The USA has one in the Washington Square.
Other countries have them to.
I am sorry Regina I am not trying to be mean. Its not what you think it is.
The cross is a symbol of suffering for many people used by a pagan civilization The romans use them to torture people.
All enemies of roman were hung on a Cross.
Jesus because an enemy of Roman because he claimed to be a King for that He was crucified(Put to death on the cross.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#441601 May 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
The Star of Ishtar
Because some astronomical objects move through the sky in repeated and known intervals of time, the behavior of the celestial gods associated with them can be symbolized numerically. Ishtar, as the planet Venus, perhaps was handled this way in the eight-pointed star that usually stands for her on Babylonian boundary stones.
References to Venus as early as 3000 BC are known from evidence at Uruk, an important early Sumerian city in southern Iraq. One clay tablet found at the site says "star Inanna," and another contains symbols for the words "star, setting sun, Inanna." Inanna is Venus, known later as Ishtar, and the Uruk tablets specify her celestial identity with the symbol for "star": an eight-pointed star.
Source: The Star of Ishtar, Iraq Resource Information Site.
----------
So can the star within a circle, or sun wheel, be found in the Vatican in Rome? Indeed it can!
THere is a photo of the papal palace with the pope at the window of his apartment. Note the many eight-pointed stars of Ishtar in the decorative work above the windows. Some are within a darker circle.
Detail from a photo by Adam J. Polczyk-Przybyla
DHD Photo Gallery
Here you see a view of the piazza or plaza at the Vatican, also known as St. Peter's square. The papal palace is on the right edge of the photo. The large eight-rayed sun wheel design, symbolic of Ishtar, is immediately noticeable. Look closely in the center of the wheel. What you see there is an obelisk, a genuine Egyptian obelisk shipped from Heliopolis to Rome by the Roman emperor Caligula. The obelisk is, of course, a phallic symbol,* but it also was used in sun worship. Click on the image to view a larger version of the same image.
* It is claimed that the word 'obelisk' literally means 'Baal's shaft' or 'Baal's organ of reproduction'. Source: Masonic and Occult Symbols Illustrated, by Dr. Cathy Burns, pg. 341.
Hopefully this prayer will stop your evil from spreading further.
Get help and then repent of the sins you've committed here.

Prayer for Persecuted Christians

Father in Heaven, you make your sun shine
on good and bad alike.
Your Son Jesus Christ died for us all
and in his glorious Resurrection
He still retains the five wounds of his Passion.
With his divine power he now sustains
all those who suffer persecution and martyrdom
for the sake of their fidelity
to the faith of the Church.
Merciful and mighty Father,
do not allow Cain to return again to murder
helpless Abel, innocent Abel.
May persecuted Christians around the world
remain, like Mary, their Mother,
together at the foot of the cross
of Christ the Martyr.
Comfort those menaced by violence
and those oppressed by uncertainty.
May your Holy Spirit of love
make fruitful the witness and the blood
of those who die forgiving.

Amen.

Location hidden

#441602 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I don't particularly care.
If you want the truth of what Jesus taught, you will have to go back to the earliest writings of his actual sayings. In that you will find a message and instructions to find "the Kingdom". It makes much more sense if you understand the teachings of early Egypt. It is not a "crash course". It takes time and effort. All of the famous Greek philosophers and scholars who studied there applied that knowledge to their efforts,[re]creating a theology of sorts, that led to what you have today(after much redaction by the Roman "elite".
Thanks for proving my words as being absolutely true...

You are articulating through that famous orifice!!! You have no idea of which denomination I am a member of...

Location hidden

#441603 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe that is a literal reference to historical actuality?
I am sure it happened as the Bible says it did, literally and historically, as I am sure the sun comes up in the east and sets in the west...

Location hidden

#441604 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go...everything has to be approved by the "men" in your church--who made Jesus into a superstar of the supernatural realm--without his permission(he was dead 400 years and couldn't correct their arrogance).
So...again....you are speaking through that famous orifice!!!!

Get a snoot full of Seagram 7....it will help you see things "differently"...!!!!

Location hidden

#441605 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical thinking of the popes of the "inquisition".
Is that what you are attempting to set up here?
Should I bring a black female cat to the "burning" ceremony?
Your archaic narrow minded ignorance and arrogance is revealing.
You got it wrong again!!!!

This is Scripture in the Holy Sacred Infallible Word of God...but, am not surprise this is news to you...

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441606 May 16, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you lie?
Get help.
Regina, I do not hate Christ, you can not take an object that was once use as an object of worship to other gods or goddess and use them to worship the Almighty God.
Everything given to God must be pure never used, like a lamb, our first fruits . never our seconds.
The statues in the catholic church were once prayed to as god's, people were sacrifice to some of them as they demanded blood offerings.
Instead of destroying these statues, the names were changes and are now used in catholic church's and people are bowing to them and praying. just like they did the obelisk , In Eygpt.
You in fact are bowing to strange gods , and Mary was the goddess Isis she has different names it depends on what country your in.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#441607 May 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina, you are under the assumption that this oblisk is a great thing it is a pagan statue, its not from God. I am trying to show you the truth. The USA has one in the Washington Square.
Other countries have them to.
I am sorry Regina I am not trying to be mean. Its not what you think it is.
The cross is a symbol of suffering for many people used by a pagan civilization The romans use them to torture people.
All enemies of roman were hung on a Cross.
Jesus because an enemy of Roman because he claimed to be a King for that He was crucified(Put to death on the cross.
You still think the Roman Empire and the Church at Rome (See St. Paul's Epistle to the Romans) are the same thing. That kind of ignorance should be outlawed. Take your screwy brain elsewhere and leave me alone with your tripe and bile. Nut job.

Location hidden

#441608 May 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The BS of hundredds of priests over 1700. Yes.
Christiianity has nothing to do with Jesus and never has.
You follow Paul, Popes, Emperors and Preists. Not the teachings of Jesus.
"Jesus wept."
Yes, they do.
They will not consider the writings of more contemporary writings of the time at all. Only 4 of 27+ books were allowed as canon. And those were "later" redactions of the writings, perverted to having Jesus performing miracles(magick-which the RCC strictly forbids), and making him part of a trinity(which he NEVER taught in his time as "the Son of Man").
Those "books" being conspired by such people as Eusebius, Jerome, Irenaeus, Josephus, etc. All of which were subordinates of the Roman elite orthodoxy agenda, who advocated expulsion and death to anyone not submitting to their assembly of canon as absolute divine truth.
The character of Paul served to finalize the usurping of the actual teachings of Jesus, and a transformation of the original teachings to Roman theocratic rule of the "imperial church", and the "pope" became the representation of "God" on earth(Jesus was effectively "thrown under the bus").
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441609 May 16, 2013

OBELISK - What FreeMasons do not want you to know !!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#441610 May 16, 2013
Did you find what i wrote..
'if i need i will remove everything'
maybe on deference way
vanity vanity everything vanity under sky..

in matrix is evil so long
long period of history is been constantly change..
tribe against tribe nation against nation
they will come in my name
its not me..find that if i am wrong

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 22 Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web