Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596501 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Arnaudville, LA

#441253 May 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I, personally, am not seeking any "Creator", because I beleive differently than you.
For June:
"I believe that - somewhere, something, somehow, caused something to happen, which has caused all of this to occur."
Vague? Yes it is, because that is how much information I have to make any conclusions, so I don't make a conclusion.
Unlike others, who think the information provided by men, provide the individual with a conclusion.
The only conclusion one should accept for this discussion, is to not make a conclusion, because they don't have all the answers to begin with.
"Or is our attention drawn from imperfections in oneself, to a Perfect Creator, and that becomes religion?"
- this thought is only based upon and within those who think the Bible is true. Those of us who find that teh Bible is not accurate and full of errors, will believe differently.
- Like I said, I don't look for a "Creator" at all, but I do look for answers to the paranormal.
New Age Spiritual Leader:

If Christianity is just another religion(to which you agree with June) then the question, "Or is our attention drawn from imperfections in oneself, to a Perfect Creator, and that becomes religion?" becomes a generalization.

A "traditional" Christian does not stop seeking Truth, while still in this world. But the Bible becomes a foundation upon, and means to which they might explore the Truth.

Those who stop seeking Truth, will be left behind. Jesus is out in front, leading the way, because he is the Way. And he is behind us, to encourage us to move forward, when we loose sight of him. He is above, within, and below us. The Kingdom.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#441254 May 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You above post shows just how much you read/pay attention your Bible...
The Bible says...
1Co 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
1Co 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
1Co 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
1Co 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
===>(KJV)1Co 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. <===
1 Corinthians 11:31
(DRB) But if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
(Geneva) For if we would iudge our selues, we should not be iudged.
1Co 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
1Co 11:33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
To you it's just a symbol. You can't be guilty of the Body and Blood of the Lord if you don't believe it IS the Body and Blood of the Lord. You can't be guilty of symbol.

There's a difference between examining one's conscience and determining one's eternal residence before one has even died. Until we stand before our Judge, there is always the possibility of losing one's salvation. Our HOPE is in the Lord, but judgment belongs to God alone. Anything else is presumptuous. I stand by what I said.

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

#441255 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
*whispers* Psst - Jethro is sort of like you - but a Realist.
Were you displaying your positive attitude of life just now???

Ya see, you do have a mean side to your nature that you don't acknowledge even to your "self."

That's the difference between us. I know I could be a killer. You don't!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#441256 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose concept of honesty do you value besides your own???
Hmmmm.....do you have someone else's 'gauge of honesty' I can compare to?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Having been in religion, I was totally honest when I stated that I believed a god existed and that the god was of the nature of only love.
But you weren't honest enough to admit that men wrote the Bible.

That would be one of the times you weren't. Shoot it took you "70 years" just to admit that.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, I am of the belief that no deity exists and that is my current honest opinion.
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Honesty does not mean that what people believe is based on truth.
Whether they are mine or yours, concepts cannot honestly claim to know truth.
I never said they were - but you seem to think they do.

Being honest with oneself is only applicable to the actions and instances o oneself. If expressed to others, it is the option of the person who is present to accept it as so or not. Just like you do.

This is still Self.

Smithers, Canada

#441257 May 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your problem, you perceive religions are from God.
NO I don't! I perceive that all religion from its beginnings were created in the minds of humans.

Albuquerque, NM

#441258 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The popes that taught that killing "heretics" and "witches" was a holy venture would most certainly want the followers to believe that Jesus supported what they taught.
They would not say to the followers ... "God wants you to kill those who offend him, but, by the way, Jesus is against what god wants you to do."
Is that enough "citation" for you?
I asked fro a citation, not your personal opinion. I want to hear what others have to say. Posting more than one reference is encouraged.

Smithers, Canada

#441259 May 15, 2013
From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Wind

Whirlwinds are caused by the devil.

The belief that whirlwinds are the work of the devil, a belief once held in Iran, refers to the effect of the spring winds in that country.

Smithers, Canada

#441260 May 15, 2013
Once theologians convinced others that gods existed, they kept the people under their thumbs though fear of punishment.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Thunder Gods

“On St. Lucius’ Day (October 26, 1253), there fell a great snow,” wrote a British historian,“and with all the winter’s thunder, for a token of some evil to follow.”

Albuquerque, NM

#441261 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I believed I was a god, I would have to believe that a god exists, and I don't. I believe I am a mortal animal, of the same worth as all other animals ... except to myself, who, being very selfish in my nature, just like any other animal, would fight to the death to defend my own life.
I suggest you stop being so silly.
No - I like being "silly".

Just like you like to post topics that you really have no knowledge upon, but claim to know answers.

Maybe you should sound so dramatic and "high horsed" over others.

You really aren't that special....but in truth, you are starting to sound like a Catholic - and we all know - they think they are gods.

:o)

Smithers, Canada

#441262 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
I asked fro a citation, not your personal opinion. I want to hear what others have to say. Posting more than one reference is encouraged.
Then ask others what you want them to say. I only have my personal opinion.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441263 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Okay - just so I understand what you stated:
- the catalyst was a decision you made - based upon your own will.
+ we can agree that this is Self, right?
+ but a decision is not a catalyst, but only a action taking after the catalyst was in place.
That is the question I had initially, but you didn't provide that "catalyst".
Can you be more clear?
Then the "catalyst" I suppose would be the Bible itself. It's existance prompted me to question about it which led to me studying it and it's history which led me to make a decision to accept it as an authentic, reliable portion of God's revelation.

Albuquerque, NM

#441264 May 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus came preaching the Kingdom of God not a religion.
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus

...yet you don't believe him when he says this.

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#441265 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Just checking.
I know that I don't my self or what crimes I might be capable of committing.
For instance, if as occurred with Jeffry Dahmer, I was gay and was raised by Christian parents who taught me that being gay was evil, I might have grown up to be a serial killer.
And if I believed my parents, I might be full of hate of a god that I believed hated me for being gay. I might hate the people of society in general that picked on gays as being offensive to the god, and I might hate anything that resembled evil in others and most certainly my self.
From my perception, theologians taught more hate in the guise of love, than any other lot of criminals on earth.
This is the result of believing men.

Now that you are on your own, who are you going to now believe?

A: yourself.

Imagine that! We still arrive at that "place" you dispute exists.

Odd.

Albuquerque, NM

#441266 May 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"to love SELF is the ultimate love and autofelatio is the ultimate act of love" gotommy boy, the flame job
You know waassuup - I've now come to believe that you and that clown are one in the same.

*sighs*
Human Being

Arnaudville, LA

#441267 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose concept of honesty do you value besides your own???
Having been in religion, I was totally honest when I stated that I believed a god existed and that the god was of the nature of only love.
Now, I am of the belief that no deity exists and that is my current honest opinion.
Honesty does not mean that what people believe is based on truth.
Whether they are mine or yours, concepts cannot honestly claim to know truth.
June VanDerMark:

Being honest is a matter of conscience.

Because beliefs tend to reinforce one thinks, and what one thinks reinforces one's decision, then back to beliefs, this circle is ever widening as one learns.

This simply makes you honest, when you say your beliefs changed. But it does not make them monolithic.

It seems you want to challenge other's beliefs(beliefs systems), because your old beliefs in religion are now like an old garment to you.

Some accept the challenge, and other's are put off.

Smithers, Canada

#441268 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
You won't find a Catholic or Protestant on earth that doesn't believe Jesus supports what THEY believe is holy.

It's all important that they align their beliefs to the Jew who they are certain is the only one that can give them bliss in an afterlife.

That is common sense, for which you should never need a citation.

Popes would automatically hope that the followers believed Jesus supported the killing of EVIL people. After all offending GOD was perceived as of the utmost importance. Burning at the stake was designed to burn the devil out of the evil people.

Surely you don't a citation for that issue.

Smithers, Canada

#441269 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Imagine that! We still arrive at that "place" you dispute exists.
Odd.
What "place" would THAT be ... oh teller of fortune???

I don't know if life exists after death, and as much as you brag, neither do you.

Smithers, Canada

#441270 May 15, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Being honest is a matter of conscience.
Because beliefs tend to reinforce one thinks, and what one thinks reinforces one's decision, then back to beliefs, this circle is ever widening as one learns.
This simply makes you honest, when you say your beliefs changed. But it does not make them monolithic.
It seems you want to challenge other's beliefs(beliefs systems), because your old beliefs in religion are now like an old garment to you.
Some accept the challenge, and other's are put off.
You are on a forum. If you don't want to discuss beliefs, I suggest you stay in church where they tell you that you are sure to be saved, as are they.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441271 May 15, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the "catalyst" I suppose would be the Bible itself. It's existance prompted me to question about it which led to me studying it and it's history which led me to make a decision to accept it as an authentic, reliable portion of God's revelation.
Were you raised by Christians in a Christian community like Nashville?

Smithers, Canada

#441272 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus
...yet you don't believe him when he says this.
*sighs*
You might have left Catholicism ... but it didn't leave you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 9,534
News Cuba's Havana Archbishop, Cardinal Jaime Ortega... 5 hr LIGERPUROMARICO 4
News Ecuador, first stop on Pope tour, highlights en... 21 hr Mark 1
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
More from around the web