Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692026 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#441467 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are an expert on "spirituality"?
How much is left in your Seagrams bottle Oxbow?
Any Christian can recognize a natural man by the way he walks...the way he talks...from ten miles away...

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#441468 May 16, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you every heard the one...maybe you're going through this difficult time because God is trying to get your attention?
Maybe??
instead of making me suffer in serious pain,why not just tap me on the shoulder and say hello,then tell me and prove to me who he is?

usa

#441469 May 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So you aren't a "Realist"? Okay, my apologies for thinking that is what you had stated in the past.
question,was jesus god on earth? question,did jesus create the catholic church as his own? question what religious group do you believe in? and why?

Location hidden

#441470 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a liar!
The story of Jonah (I explained it's root) is a perfect example of your erroneous interpretation.
Its in the Bible...no need to "interpret!!! "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Clue: Son of man is Jesus Christ....honest!!!!
chuck

Dublin, OH

#441471 May 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>do you really see a god trying to help man follow a straight an narrow path? no you don't,you see a world slowly spiraling into eventual mass destruction at mans own hands.You can't even trust the so called true churches that claim they follow gods words,and they don't,in public view they do,but not behind closed doors,it can not be denied.so how can you put honest faith into something that does not follow what it teaches?and changes it's beliefs as the times change,The true church would not change,it follow the word it teaches,it's convictions would not change,it would know the truth,the absolute truth,and no church does.
You said: "do you really see a god trying to help man follow a straight an narrow path"?

**It's there for you Jethro..you reject it...don't blame God

You said: "you see a world slowly spiraling into eventual mass destruction at mans own hands".

**You're right..look at the world ever since the story of Adam and Eve when sin enetered the world.

Everything you have mentioned is because of sin...all of it and it will get worse and worse just like the Bible says.Just think Jethro..what happens if you're wrong and God is real and you rejected Him.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441472 May 16, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you every heard the one...maybe you're going through this difficult time because God is trying to get your attention?
Maybe??
Waaa? God's way of getting people's attention is cancer?

How loving.

It sounds like any tragedy in your family is to punish the family member or to get their attention, right?

Do you have any family with chronic illnesses? Maybe you should inform them.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#441473 May 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>instead of making me suffer in serious pain,why not just tap me on the shoulder and say hello,then tell me and prove to me who he is?
I can only tell you what His Word says Jethro.

Why not ask for forgiveness today Jethro...receive Christ by faith. What's stopping you?

Location hidden

#441474 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't. They are in writings rejected by "your" canon.
That of the "accepted" cathaholic version.
Would you like more?
Included in those Bible versions are the Catholic pope approved NABre and the KJV...plus the Douay–Rheims and several other Protestant versions...

So...again....you are speaking through that famous orifice!!!!
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441475 May 16, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholic church does not claim with certainty that the shroud of turin is the real deal, however they treat it as a holy relic of the church.
The catholic hirearchy have NO MORE information about God, than anyone that posts on this forum. They have no special connection but they might want catholics to believe they do, and there are catholics on this forum that still believe that.
The vatican is nothing but a bunch of old women hating men, who would rather have company with each other than share a normal life with a wife and children as most do.
They may hate women, but they sure do know how to honor good a soldier like Cardinal Law.

You remember, the Cardinal who didn't realize that child rape is immoral and destructive.

Imagine what a tyrant the Catholic god would be if he weren't imaginary!

Location hidden

#441476 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
there IS no message except to pervert the rational and point it to the thinking of the structure of the papal lie.
Thank you for certifying that you one of the natural men the Word of God speaks of....

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

usa

#441477 May 16, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
1 Peter 1:6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor.
Romans 3:3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit
James 1:2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
this solves nothing,how do you know,these are exact words from god? finding out that Constantine ordered books burned,and when the scriptures were first discovered they were not taken seriously,pages were torn up and sold to tourists as souvenirs,so how do we know what is really fact and what is filled in fiction,what needs to be done is proof outside the scriptures needs to be found,and i doubt that will happen.

usa

#441478 May 16, 2013
be back later. errand to do.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441479 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
God 100%, ufos 100%
I have seen a ufo.
Thank you.

Have you seen God too?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#441480 May 16, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is the key to my salvation. In fact, Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation.
Leave while you still can Just Sayin.
That's what the Catholic Church says. So why do you reject the Church He founded for our salvation.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441481 May 16, 2013
Naturallaw wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU June, are the "arrogant (trumpet section)" of your own personal "editorialized" anti-God, anti-Jesus, anti-Christianity and anti-Catholic heretical "nonsense"!!!!! The fact is that bigots, hypocrites, atheists, agnostics, and heretics have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET---the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, biblically and historical PROVEN----as well as being initiated, formed and autheticated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF ----LIVES ON!!-----and will CONTINUE to live on because Jesus said it would in Matthew 16:18, "for the (gates of hell) shall not prevail against it!!(OUR LORDS CHURCH). My prayers will continue to be with you (each day) at Daily Mass and in the Eucharist, that God will "open your eyes" to the TRUTH of HIS Salvation in His Son Jesus Christ!!!
If your god wasn't imaginary, you would have no need to get upset about "anti-god," etc.
Just because someone doesn't believe in your imaginary friend, of which you have absolutely no proof, it doesn't mean that they are "against" anything.
So relax. You can't be against something that doesn't exist.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#441482 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church, not some mystical group of "believers" whose identities can not be determined with certainty.
The definition of the Church given by Bellarmine is that usually adopted by Catholic theologians: "A body of men united together by the profession of the same Christian Faith, and by participation in the same sacraments, under the governance of lawful pastors, more especially of the Roman Pontiff, the sole vicar of Christ on earth"
As for Protestants, the HS may be leading them as individuals, but the HS is not leading Protestantism into all truth. This is evidenced by the fact that protestantism, since it's inception, has been splintering itself off from itself, forming ever more denominations which can't agree with each other on some basic issues. Jesus prayed that His Church might be one, not 42,000. There was one Ark, not 42,000 life boats.
Proof that the HS leads the CC is in the Bible. Since you have responded to my post with a lot more than just this issue which I want to get to, I will not pause to locate those verses right now.
I disagree with your conclusion.

But I guess I wouldn't expect less - meaning a "Catholic theologian" to determine a secular definition to only include his own organization and noone else.

"The definition of the Church given by Bellarmine is that usually adopted by Catholic theologians: "A body of men united together by the profession of the same Christian Faith, and by participation in the same sacraments, under the governance of lawful pastors, more especially of the Roman Pontiff, the sole vicar of Christ on earth"

You'll have to do better than this, because I can state many other beliefs that existed prior to 325 CE - and all of them were considered as part of the so-called "Church".

Your qualifiers are weel after the fact - as he existed 1000s of years past the actually forming of this entity.

4 October 1542 – 17 September 1621

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bellarmin...

What else you got that isn't biased.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#441483 May 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what the Catholic Church says. So why do you reject the Church He founded for our salvation.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is anything I know with more surety than I know my own name is that the CC is the key to my salvation.

**Just Sayin says the cc is the key to his salvation. Why you telling me?

Albuquerque, NM

#441484 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I would accept such texts gladly while knowing that I already know what I need to know to be in heaven one day. Those texts may help me get there should I read them and I would be grateful for that. I am interested in lots of non-Biblical writings.
Let's turn the tables, then, for a minute. I know of a non-Biblical work which I accept as being authentic and very helpful for my Faith journey. It is totally amazing:
http://www.jesus-passion.com/DOLOROUS_PASSION...
Would you accept this as authentic? And if you don't, do I get to accuse you of just making up things to appease your effort on your journey?
You may find the book amazing, but that is all it can be.

We know it is not part of the Catechism nor is it within the canon, so you can read it all of your days, but it doesn't have any bearing on Christianity.

The same can be said about the numerous volumes by Edgar Cayce - who was a healer, prophet, and doctor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce
Edgar Cayce (/&#712;ke&#618;si &#720;/; March 18, 1877 – January 3, 1945) was an American psychic who allegedly possessed the ability to answer questions on subjects as varied as healing and wars, and had visions of the world ending.[citation needed] He also gave a reading about Atlantis while in a hypnotic trance. Cayce founded a nonprofit organization, the Association for Research and Enlightenment.[1] Though Cayce himself was a member of the Disciples of Christ and lived before the emergence of the New Age Movement, some believe he was actually the founder of the movement and influenced its teachings

Hmmmmm....sounds very similar to your reference.

Sounds to me the HS had guided Edgar as well.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441485 May 16, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is the key to my salvation. In fact, Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation.
Leave while you still can Just Sayin.
It's through the Church that I learn about Jesus the Savior. It's the Church that gives me the Eucharist, Jesus Christ, body blood soul and divinity.

Albuquerque, NM

#441486 May 16, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not stopped my journey at all. There is nothing on this earth more beautiful, more intriguing, more fascinating to me than the Catholic Faith. And there is nothing whatsoever with more depth. If there is anything I know with more surety than I know my own name is that the CC is the key to my salvation. She is the pillar and foundation of truth and the dispenser of all good sacraments.
Yes you have - if you are a Catholic.

This organization has a finite teaching - with no room to add or remove.

You've stopped. Just be honest and admit it.

If you accept other teachings, then guess what, you aren't Catholic, but only in your own mind.

In fact, you would be considered a heretic if you utilize non-canonical works.

Just ask Regina and Dan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Tue Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web