Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,268)

Showing posts 425,341 - 425,360 of512,090
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

055 051 272/910
<quoted text>
"blood" means "bro!!!!" Check your head air pressure...you have a serious leak!!!!
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't. I am telling you how it is...for many centuries.
You have my interest...Show me your evidence that for centuries, "blood" means "bro".....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
051 272/910
<quoted text>
"blood" means "bro!!!!" Check your head air pressure...you have a serious leak!!!!
Yeah. Maybe we should just leave it at that...I have a serious "air leak".
I'm good with that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
055 051 272/910
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You have my interest...Show me your evidence that for centuries, "blood" means "bro".....
Are you sure you want to know?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

057 051 272/910
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Maybe we should just leave it at that...I have a serious "air leak".
I'm good with that.
It takes a big man to say "I am sorry...I was wrong"...You have my respect....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

058 055 051 272/910
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure you want to know?
I am positive I want to know!!! Lay it on me!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure you want to know?
Go to bed...don't forget to put the cap on that Seagram 7...turn out the light....you can take care of the ice cube tray in the morning!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
058 055 051 272/910
<quoted text>
I am positive I want to know!!! Lay it on me!!!!
Ok OX. You asked for it.

My people are ancient. I mean thousands of years. The "blood/cut" I was speaking of is that they are different. The blood is not red when exposed to the air-it is blue. We are different, we were/are hunted.
Yes-we are Pagan(heathen)(according to the "Abrahamic" followers). My mother, I and my siblings are red blood. We are intermingled, as are what is left of my cousins. We are highly intelligent, and extremely fast healing, but we are disappearing fast. As far as I know, all contact has been lost with any others of our blood (about 40 years ago).

You wanted to know.

Now you know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to bed...don't forget to put the cap on that Seagram 7...turn out the light....you can take care of the ice cube tray in the morning!!!!
Yes that is it . I am intoxicated.
Please pay no attention to anything I might have said.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have posted lies....and posted lies...you have said over and over "Christ is God " God is Christ"...you have been shown, from Scripture, your Catholic Encyclopedia, your pope approved NABre over and over that you are lying...and you continue lying....
That's my faith. I don't say you guys lie just because you believe in certain aspects of Christianity. I say you lie because you knowingly post slander to falsely accuse us. I also believe you lie because you sometimes manipulate sacred scripture to mean something else that you could not possibly really subscribe too.
Example:'Christ is not God'. I don't believe for a second you really think that Ox. I think you're just playing around with Holy Scripture to taunt us. You couldn't be a Christian and go against God like that ..

Hey, by all means if you choose to believe Christ wanted us to go by our own interpretations in Bible Alone, than have at it. I would think you'd need to provide some scripture where He commands it, but oh well.
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be two days in His time.
You conveniently forget: "... some of you will still be alive..."

In the Bible today, up means down, and right means left.

With that kind of twist and turn, anything in the Bible can mean anything you want it to mean.

If Jesus said "soon" but really meant 2000++ years, then how do we know what Jesus really meant about anything?
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

OldJG wrote:
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
He sure as heck is a slacker.
He said he'd be back "soon." That was 2000 years ago.
<quoted text>
Well said Marge but they won't get it without explanation.
II Peter 3:8, "But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."
Glad to help and God bless you.
So how do we trust any timeline in the Bible?

http://lightningfingers.tripod.com/theyearsin...

Do you believe that Adam lived 930 years and that Methuselah lived 969 years? Or should that be 930 thousand years maybe?

Well, here's a verse in Genesis that most people should have little or no problem with:

"Then the Lord said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." (Gen. 6:3)

If we can accept 120 years as a logical maximum lifespan in Genesis 6
...then do you think they would have used a completely DIFFERENT measurement for years in Genesis 5 (just ONE CHAPTER before), when it says, "Altogether, Methuselah lived 969 years, and then he died" (Gen. 5:27)?

(Not to mention the long years of everyone else mentioned in Genesis 5!)

Do you think that in Chapter 5, years did not really mean years, as we know them today, but in Chapter 6 they DID?

How delusional is that? No, you just make up new "facts" as you go to explain the silliness. But in doing so, you destroy other Bible "facts."

Sure, sure, sure. All of mankind's gods throughout history are imaginary ... except yours of course.
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

If one Bible year = 1000 years, how long is 40 days and nights?

About 80 years maybe?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is what you wanted it to mean.
I simply do not presume to judge my own soul.
~~~

You above post shows just how much you read/pay attention your Bible...

The Bible says...

1Co 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

1Co 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

1Co 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

1Co 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

===>(KJV)1Co 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. <===
1 Corinthians 11:31

(DRB) But if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

(Geneva) For if we would iudge our selues, we should not be iudged.

1Co 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

1Co 11:33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are your facts??? In books of your own choosing?
You are no different than Christians that quote scripture to supposedly prove they own knowledge.
You refer me to books rather than discussing issues that would either prove you have knowledge, or that you just believe you have knowledge.
If I read the books you advise and came back to you and said I didn't get any knowledge from them, my guess is, you would comment that it's because I didn't comprehend the meanings of the words.
Does that sound familiar to you? It's the word-game played by all those who claim their own holy books are full of knowledge.
Are you not the same June who came on here and posted pages from books that other people wrote .
Jethro made a comment to you that you read a lot and you said you did. Maybe that is why this person directed you to books.
I think you are the one who is playing games with everyone on here.
Your nasty and mean, even when people are trying to be nice to you.
No one wants anything from you June , fact is you have nothing to offer.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do we trust any timeline in the Bible?
http://lightningfingers.tripod.com/theyearsin...
Do you believe that Adam lived 930 years and that Methuselah lived 969 years? Or should that be 930 thousand years maybe?
Well, here's a verse in Genesis that most people should have little or no problem with:
"Then the Lord said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." (Gen. 6:3)
If we can accept 120 years as a logical maximum lifespan in Genesis 6
...then do you think they would have used a completely DIFFERENT measurement for years in Genesis 5 (just ONE CHAPTER before), when it says, "Altogether, Methuselah lived 969 years, and then he died" (Gen. 5:27)?
(Not to mention the long years of everyone else mentioned in Genesis 5!)
Do you think that in Chapter 5, years did not really mean years, as we know them today, but in Chapter 6 they DID?
How delusional is that? No, you just make up new "facts" as you go to explain the silliness. But in doing so, you destroy other Bible "facts."
Sure, sure, sure. All of mankind's gods throughout history are imaginary ... except yours of course.
~~~

Evidently God's time-line is not calculated as ours is...

Personally ...I see no reason to attempt to figure God's time-line out..

Question ...Should we waste our time with speculation about BITS AND PIECES OF non-essential information...

THE BIBLE SAYS

1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

_____
THE BIBLE DEALS WITH KNOWLEDGE...

2Ti 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

2Ti 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2Ti 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right ... keep us guessing. It seems you might be a Christian-modernized Pagan. Ex-Catholic probably ... Christian lite ... Pagan heavy.
This is really fun, and very moving.
:)
what do you care, all your here for is to sound off on people and put them down no matter what they believe.
So what does that make you June.
" OBNOXIOUS " WHICH MAKES YOU Extremely unpleasant ACCORDING TO THE DICTIONARY OR DON'T YOU BELIEVE WHAT IT SAYS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

THE BIBLE DEALS WITH KNOWLEDGE...

2Ti 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

2Ti 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2Ti 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

~~~~

THE PURPOSE THAT JESUS CAME TO THE EARTH IS...

Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

ALL ELSE IS OF LESSER IMPORTANCE...

_______

Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luk 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,

because he hath anointed me

to preach the gospel to the poor;

he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted,

to preach deliverance to the captives, and

recovering of sight to the blind,

to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Luk 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And

the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

Luk 4:21 And he began to say unto them,

This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
A couple of examples:
In the Mahabarata, wasn't it Arjuna that blew the horn of war, and shot the arrows that destroyed both sides? Have you read the Bhagavad-Gita?
Egypt's Thutmosis II marched in the name of their gods to Meggido to conquer.(Note on Armeggedon). And Egypt's goddess of war was Neith.
I thin you are correct that there is a connection to what you are writing however, in that humanity uses the name of God to go to war, and mainly this is for economic/resource reasons.(In ancient times the world seemed endless.) But as we know the world is finite, and resouces are becoming less, are people going to be "tricked" into war in the name of God? What is your opinion?
Greed and power, is the reason people go to war, they use (gods)
or God as the excuse.
There are many man made gods, man has even mad himself to be a god.

But there is only one true God, The Mighty God of Israel.
Creator of the Universe and everything in it.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You first! You are the one who claims to know that humans came from outer space.
I want proof ... not your rhetoric.
Show me proof that you are for real June. Or anything you post you believe is true.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Luk_19:9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house,

When the prophecy of Isaiah was fulfilled,

Isa_25:9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

When GOD THE FATHER ....laid on him/JESUS the iniquity of us all.

"Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."

WE WERE GRANTED THE PRIVILEGE TO BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS AND BE DELIVERED FROM OUR PAST SINS...

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his
righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 425,341 - 425,360 of512,090
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••