Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,267)

Showing posts 425,321 - 425,340 of513,498
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all you must understand this, that no prophesy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.[2 Peter 1:20-21]"
You're off on a tangent.
The passage doesn't speak of prophesy AND/OR scripture-it's stated "prophesy OF Scripture", so it's already Scripture.
2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

prophecy: profhteia propheteia:("prophecy "); prediction (scriptural or other):--prophecy, prophesying.

Its called Strong's Greek Lexicon.....

See: scriptural or other

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's possible.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Its called a Bible!!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Its called a Bible!!!!
when did they rename Jesus-"bible"?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
He sure as heck is a slacker.
He said he'd be back "soon." That was 2000 years ago.
That would be two days in His time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If somebody showed me I posted some lies, do you think I would continue on with that? This shows how twisted your brand of the faith is. Its completely warped.

You have posted lies....and posted lies...you have said over and over "Christ is God " God is Christ"...you have been shown, from Scripture, your Catholic Encyclopedia, your pope approved NABre over and over that you are lying...and you continue lying....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Oh yeah! I bet it was at one o' them council things where everyone gits all drinked up an they gotta call them centurian fellas in ta stop the bloody fights like them first ones.
Them bishop fellas was quite the scrappers y'know.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

<quoted text>
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Marge but they won't get it without explanation.

II Peter 3:8, "But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

Glad to help and God bless you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
if one is without the creation there is no time.

That is a man made creation.

So guess what...anything could be possible in that respect...if that is the case.
Remember the Day/night inference though...that would make it relevant to "man time"-in the "Goldilocks" position we now occupy.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

one Jesus day=1000 human years

predict and profit=two deference meaning
profit=money
no all people not interesting about money to be rich

predict=vision

no everyone don't liked that others see or know

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Well said Marge but they won't get it without explanation.
II Peter 3:8, "But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."
Glad to help and God bless you.
Didn't Jesus say...within your lifetime to his disciples?
Ther not gonna look to good when he gits back y'know.
An I really wouldn't blame 'em if they was a bit pissed neither!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

269 610
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
one has to wonder what "written" language was used, seeing that "Hebrew writing wasn't even in existence until between 1200-1100 BCE, and so far, no writing has ever reached much past 4000 years in our present knowledge of civilization.
Until such time as that knowledge is refuted, I have to categorize that statement as an "argument from ignorance", or an outright lie.
Contrary to the contentions of Wellhausen, who maintained, against archaeological evidence already available in his day, that writing did not appear among the Hebrews until the early monarchy; they had the means of producing written records at their disposal from very early times.

Moses who is credited with writing the Torah (Five books of Moses; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) was educated in the house of Pharaoh, he would have been literate not only in Egyptian but the surrounding cultures in his day.

In the book of Job, dated to the Patriarchal period (2100-1800 B.C.) before the time of Moses, Job refers to writing and the material on which one writes. Writing with an Iron pen upon stone and lead is clearly described; lead a soft material could be inscribed with an Iron stylus. Soft Clay was also a material used to write upon, preserving the words of the writer.

"Oh, that my words were written! Oh, that they were inscribed in a book! That they were engraved on a rock With an iron pen and lead, forever! Job 19:23-24

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

272/910
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>it's tiger lilly,my mothers favorite flower,there all over my yard.
Do you and/or your mother refer to them as "bro"????!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

272/916
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you reach "perfection?
Perfect: teleios: complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with 3588) completeness:--of full age, man, perfect.

She reached her perfection when she was complete in growth, mentally and morally...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
269 610
<quoted text>
Contrary to the contentions of Wellhausen, who maintained, against archaeological evidence already available in his day, that writing did not appear among the Hebrews until the early monarchy; they had the means of producing written records at their disposal from very early times.
Moses who is credited with writing the Torah (Five books of Moses; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) was educated in the house of Pharaoh, he would have been literate not only in Egyptian but the surrounding cultures in his day.
In the book of Job, dated to the Patriarchal period (2100-1800 B.C.) before the time of Moses, Job refers to writing and the material on which one writes. Writing with an Iron pen upon stone and lead is clearly described; lead a soft material could be inscribed with an Iron stylus. Soft Clay was also a material used to write upon, preserving the words of the writer.
"Oh, that my words were written! Oh, that they were inscribed in a book! That they were engraved on a rock With an iron pen and lead, forever! Job 19:23-24
well now. I'll tell ya what. Moses was indeed in Egypt and was a very important figure, so I would say he may have been privy to the writing. The problem I find is that it was in heiroglyph(picture writing) with little or no script to enunciate at the time. Phrases such as you have shown were never rendered, even in the times the Greeks studied in Egypt(much later).
In all fairness, they may have been scripted in "proto-Semetic" such as was found in Ebla(in clay). If that were the case, there should be some remnant of those writings. So far there are none.
We shall see. I would be as excited as you if there was some found evidence..as there could be some tangible evidence to that part of history.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
272/916
<quoted text>
Perfect: teleios: complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with 3588) completeness:--of full age, man, perfect.
She reached her perfection when she was complete in growth, mentally and morally...
Sorry to say, I have not reached that pinnacle yet...but I am working at it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
272/910
<quoted text>
Do you and/or your mother refer to them as "bro"????!!!
I don't know about you folks, but mine refer to it as "blood", and there is good reason. We are not all pure, but we knew them by the "cut".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>well now. I'll tell ya what. Moses was indeed in Egypt and was a very important figure, so I would say he may have been privy to the writing. The problem I find is that it was in heiroglyph(picture writing) with little or no script to enunciate at the time. Phrases such as you have shown were never rendered, even in the times the Greeks studied in Egypt(much later).
In all fairness, they may have been scripted in "proto-Semetic" such as was found in Ebla(in clay). If that were the case, there should be some remnant of those writings. So far there are none.
We shall see. I would be as excited as you if there was some found evidence..as there could be some tangible evidence to that part of history.
The Word of God is not accepted on evidence....it is based on belief..

You have the God given right to reject His Word...when you find evidence that any Word in the Bible is provable in a Court of Law...let me know...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

051 272/910
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about you folks, but mine refer to it as "blood", and there is good reason. We are not all pure, but we knew them by the "cut".
"blood" means "bro!!!!" Check your head air pressure...you have a serious leak!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God is not accepted on evidence....it is based on belief..
You have the God given right to reject His Word...when you find evidence that any Word in the Bible is provable in a Court of Law...let me know...
I was just trying to explain the facts and particulars of discovery is all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
051 272/910
<quoted text>
"blood" means "bro!!!!" Check your head air pressure...you have a serious leak!!!!
No I don't. I am telling you how it is...for many centuries.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 425,321 - 425,340 of513,498
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Cultastic 7,652
Pope stirs Communion debate with call to woman 22 hr Sherlayne 1
Pope John XXIII launched Vatican II and then some Wed Gods R Delusions x Mine 1
Why the Pope Doesn't Care What We Think About t... (Apr '12) Wed Sherlayne 42
Cuban government makes Good Friday official hol... Apr 22 open mind 7
Easter No. 3 for a Prisoner of Castro Apr 21 Knight Templar 1
Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter Apr 20 DR WILLAMS 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••