Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687233 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441405 May 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if the church does not follow ant pagan traditions,why do you find statues of pagan gods all over Vatican city?
If one studies religion from outside of the individual cults, it's plain that the latest religions all branched off of earlier religions. The early Pagans burned humans and non-human animals in the flames to appease the supposed gods and the Christians caught the horrible practice FROM the Pagans ... along with many other beliefs and worship of idols, etc.

Worshipping self-chosen words in bibles is no different than a gypsy believing she can see the future in her crystal ball.

If the gypsy wanted a war to begin, she could have stated she saw it in the future, and it might have the same results as the men who claimed that a god ordained "just, or holy war."

Religion was and is a means of gaining control over the thoughts of others.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441406 May 16, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
Is the god-delusion harmless?
It's anything BUT harmless.

Many preachers felt it was their duty to go out and save the people of the world so they wouldn't burn in hell.

Crazy stuff in thought and deed.

The idea that a creator would create what he supposedly loved, to later change his mind and decide to allow a devil to help him burn rejects for eternity, is about as ludicrous as it gets.

If people would use their reason they would see how conflicting are the messages of these men of the cloth. For instance ... the pope kissed the Qur'an as a show of respect ... while at the very same moment in time he had his missionaries in Muslim countries preaching that Islam was a false religion and that if the people wanted to be saved, they must become Christians.

Ludicrous, but it seems the followers of the pope's words and actions didn't even warrant attention.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441407 May 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
Saint Peter's tomb is a site under St. Peter's Basilica that includes several graves and a structure said by Vatican authorities to have been built to memorialize the location of St. Peter's grave. St. Peter's tomb is near the west end of a complex of mausoleums that date between about AD 130 and AD 300. The complex was partially torn down and filled with earth to provide a foundation for the building of the first St. Peter's Basilica during the reign of Constantine I in about AD 330. Though many bones have been found at the site of the 2nd-century shrine, as the result of two campaigns of archaeological excavation, Pope Pius XII stated in December 1950 that none could be confirmed to be Saint Peter's with absolute certainty. However, following the discovery of further bones and an inscription, on June 26, 1968 Pope Paul VI announced that the relics of St. Peter had been identified.
The grave claimed by the Church to be that of St. Peter lies at the foot of the aedicula beneath the floor. The remains of four individuals and several farm animals were found in this grave. In 1953, after the initial archeological efforts had been completed, another set of bones were found that were said to have been removed without the archeologists' knowledge from a niche (loculus) in the north side of a wall (the graffiti wall) that abuts the red wall on the right of the aedicula. Subsequent testing indicated that these were the bones of a 60-70 year old man. Margherita Guarducci argued that these were the remains of St. Peter and that they had been moved into a niche in the graffiti wall from the grave under the aedicula "at the time of Constantine, after the peace of the church" (313). Antonio Ferrua, the archaeologist who headed the excavation that uncovered what is known as the St. Peter's Tomb, said that he wasn't convinced that the bones that were found were those of St. Peter.
The idea that a faithful Jew would become a Catholic pope is as ludicrous as the pope becoming a Protestant theologian.

If people can't see that, it's because they don't want to see.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#441408 May 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is who your remind me of June,
Madalyn Murray O'Hair , your hatred for anything other then what you believe. Matches hers.
Madalyn Murray O'Hara's Son, that she used in Baltimore Md as the catalyst for her Atheistic work against God, to expunge Prayer from the public Schools in America is now a Pentecostal Preacher.

His words were...That.... Having observed the gross evil while growing up...He knew there had to be a good side.

Thus He sought the Lord and found Him, and proceeded to establish a Christian work in Washington D.C.

Madalyn Murray O'Hara was murdered along with here granddaughter
her body was later found dismembered and stuffed in an oil drum...

The devil used her to do his dirty work and then destroyed her.

This is what Jesus said was His M.O....

JESUS SAID...

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441409 May 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I have no bible,i don't believe in blind faith,i believe in reality/evolution-ism,there is no second coming,there will be another mass extinction,i believe the earth/universe was created by a massive explosion billions of years ago between matter and anti-matter or dark matter as they call it today,we were not tossed together on a whim from a god who just happened by and thought this would be a great place to start a chaotic world,o god can not exist from nothing he had to come from some thing,was he created shortly after the great blast? I do believe life on earth was helped by the bombardment of years of meteors,asteroids,comets.where else would the water come from,the life force behind anything created,a chemical reaction took place and eventually evolved to what you see today,if we lived on a planet created by a god how come it's not going to last forever? eventually the sun is going to burn out and man/earth will be gone,scientists are frantically searching for a place for us to go billions are being spent by a combination of countries trying to figure out how are we going to get out of here before the end comes? our demise if it happens will be our fault not because of a battle between good an evil.
I agree. Religion is just something to keep the people embroiled in ongoing battles of who is good and who is evil, or at the very least, good or "bad."
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441410 May 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I believe it happens because if you know your life is about to end your final thoughts are going to be on the people you truly loved and cared about threw out out your life,it's not a glimpse into heaven or hell.
You could be right.

I agree that many people don't want to part with their loved ones at death, so thoughts would of course center around that issue.

And if people are intent on seeing loved ones that already died, their thoughts would be focused on that issue with such intent, they might believe they are actually in contact with those loved ones before death ends their lives.

I guess we will have to wait in order to find out if life carries on after the death of our bodies, or if what we believe now is simply an illusion.

#441411 May 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that a faithful Jew would become a Catholic pope is as ludicrous as the pope becoming a Protestant theologian.
If people can't see that, it's because they don't want to see.
THE POPE IS ALREADY A PROTESTANT THEOLOGIAN..

WHAT HE STANDS FOR IS A BLATANT PROTEST AGAINST THE WORD OF GOD.

Having ATTEMPTED TO usurped a position upon earth that only belongs to the THIRD PERSON OF THE GOD HEAD.... GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT...

HE ASPIRES TO BE THE ONE THAT JESUS SPOKE OF ...WHEN HE SAID... IN

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441412 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
1 "How fortunate are the poor ; they have the Kingdom of Elohim.
2 How fortunate the hungry ; they will be fed.
3 How fortunate those who weep ; they will laugh."
May have been the very first recorded...there are many more from the original records.
The Jews already believed they were God's chosen few. Their god was Elohim and Jehovah was the Lord. They didn't have a need for another savior.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441413 May 16, 2013
marge wrote:
There is one God.
What is His name?
Who is your Lord and Saviour?
Elohim is the god of the Jews, and Jehovah is the lord.

That was the one god-dogma of the Jews. Catholics and Muslims and later Protestants got in on the "act" and split the one god into pieces.

Silly people.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441414 May 16, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
And where do you think Mary comes from? Diana, Isis, Astarte, etc.
The Catholics were simply a long line of thieves, that took the dogmas of other religions and shape-shifted them into their own personalized style.

Why humans wanted to believe they are special is based on nothing but arrogance and more arrogance.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441415 May 16, 2013
want to believe they are special

#441416 May 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews already believed they were God's chosen few. Their god was Elohim and Jehovah was the Lord. They didn't have a need for another savior.
JEHOVAH/God ...HIMSELF is SPIRIT...

Jesus said..in

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

JESUS IS THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF GOD/JEHOVAH IN THE FLESH THAT BORE OUR SINS TO CALVARY'S CROSS.

As the perfect sinless sacrifice FOR OUR SINS...(NO OTHER EXISTING PERSON QUALIFIED..)

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

==> the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. <===
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441417 May 16, 2013
IF humans are special, it will be known ONLY after death of physical bodies.

Fighting over who is the most special is a bad habit of humans in religion.

There is no humility in bragging who has the real path to eternal bliss and whose path is false.

Think about it! If you were a creator, would YOU reward right-fighters who clamor for your attention???

I would give such selfish creatures a boot in the ass and tell them to settle down or they will get NOTHING ... which is all they deserve.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441418 May 16, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you raised by Christians in a Christian community like Nashville?
No.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441419 May 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE POPE IS ALREADY A PROTESTANT THEOLOGIAN..
I suggest you inform the pope that he a Protestant theologian, and see if he agrees.

And why must you shout? Are you nervous about being second best in heaven?

:)
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441420 May 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Madalyn Murray O'Hara's Son, that she used in Baltimore Md as the catalyst for her Atheistic work against God, to expunge Prayer from the public Schools in America is now a Pentecostal Preacher.
Does that mean that a Allah loves him?

:)

#441421 May 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
IF humans are special, it will be known ONLY after death of physical bodies.
Fighting over who is the most special is a bad habit of humans in religion.
There is no humility in bragging who has the real path to eternal bliss and whose path is false.
Think about it! If you were a creator, would YOU reward right-fighters who clamor for your attention???
I would give such selfish creatures a boot in the ass and tell them to settle down or they will get NOTHING ... which is all they deserve.
~~~
WHAT YOU WILL. OR WOULD NOT GIVE... IS NOT WORTH A SNEEZE IN A SNOW STORM...

GOD WILL HAVE THE LAST WORD...CONCERNING YOU...

Gal_6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Gal_6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441422 May 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay - maybe I am not understanding you completely.
With you deciding to study and be part of Christianity, by just seeing the Bible, caused you to believe the canon.
What part of your studying triggered the response - "This is so awesome, I will become a Christian"?
Funny thing about what you just stated, actually caused me to leave Christianity. I found too many inconsistent and contradictions within the Bible to make me think it legitimately came from men.
But since you stated it was:
Why do you think fallible men had the ability to define an infallible entity?
See the thing is I didn't just look at the Bible all by itself. I learned about world history, the history of the early Church, the writings of the Church Fathers and various others, and also about archeological discoveries, other religions, etc. The Bible doesn't exist in a vacuum and neither do we.

As for anyone (I presume you mean the writers of the books of the Bible) defining an infallible entity (I presume you mean God), I believe it is by the Holy Spirit that led them to do that.

Speaking of one's definition of God, you should check out this book. They have done studies on how a person's beliefs about God actually affect their body.

"The God Shaped Brain"
by Timothy Jennings, MD

"What you believe about God actually changes your brain. Brain research has found that our thoughts and beliefs affect our physical, mental and spiritual health. Mind and body are interrelated, and we are designed for healthy relationships of love and trust. When we understand God as good and loving, we flourish. Unfortunately, many of us have distorted images of God and mostly think of him in fearful, punitive ways. This leads us into unhealthy patterns of self-defeating behaviors and toxic relationships. But our lives can change when God renews our minds with a truer picture of him. Psychiatrist Tim Jennings unveils how our brains and bodies thrive when we have a healthy understanding of who God is. He dispels common misconceptions about God and shows how different God concepts affect the brain differently. Our brains can adapt, change and rewire with redeemed thinking that frees us from unnecessary pain and suffering. Discover how science and Scripture come together to bring healing and transformation to our lives."

http://www.amazon.com/The-God-Shaped-Brain-Ch...
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441423 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you are crazy at all. I think you are doing the best you can to relate all you have available to actuality. Much of which is missing, and much has been obfuscated. So now we must muddle through discovery without the knowledge that could have made it easier and faster.
What do you think about the huge increase in ufo sitings this past decade? Have you seen videos from around the world in which you can hear these strange sounds coming from the sky? Do you get the sense that we are on the verge of something big?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#441424 May 16, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no. To all of the above.
But never mind all that. Have you ever seen the scavi? You can take a virtual tour, it's very cool.
http://www.vatican.va/various/basiliche/necro...
Some background info:
http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/rel...
Thanks for posting those links, Regina, the tour was very interesting as was the article. Made my day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Tue Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web