Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665588 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441299 May 15, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
What you are describing is pride and hypocrisy.
If you think they are only human inventions and there are no spiritual beings capable of pride and hypocrisy, then that is another issue.
Aaah. Who an I to say. I couldn't say what all is in the universe.

But that is how the human mind works.
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#441300 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on a forum. If you don't want to discuss beliefs, I suggest you stay in church where they tell you that you are sure to be saved, as are they.
June VanDerMark:

I thought I could discuss my beliefs, and observations.

Again, your generalizations about my beliefs, and my religion.

Don't you see, your doing what you complain about most on this forum?
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441301 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you realize why you believe all other religions are false, you will understand why I believe yours is false.
Satan get the behind me,

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441302 May 15, 2013
Although they killed each other as heretics, the Protestants were as set on making the world over into Protestantism as were many of the other religions that came before.

Such is human arrogance in the attitude of wanting to be "special" to the supposed gods that they created in their own images to serve their selves.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following.

At this time we aim; because it is our firm conviction that we, as a Protestant nation, have received our principles from God, and that he has assigned to us the sublime mission and the glorious destiny of making them universal.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441303 May 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan get the behind me,
It pleases you to believe that an evil spirit is in me and only a holy one is in you.

I understand.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441304 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that evil exists, then rest assured that others might see YOU as evil.
I don't cotton to the word evil. I use the word selfishness in place of the word evil, and if we look at the self "in balance," we will see the same selfishness there as we see in others.
For instance ... if I had been one of the early popes, I would have ordered the killing of supposed heretics and witches ... and I have no doubt I would have believed I was cleansing the earth of evil to please my very one and only REAL GOD.
We are programmed by those around us, and there is often nothing we can do to be better than our programming allows.
Exactly what standards do you use to look at yourself "in balance"?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441305 May 15, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
I thought I could discuss my beliefs, and observations.
Again, your generalizations about my beliefs, and my religion.
Don't you see, your doing what you complain about most on this forum?
We are here to discuss each other's beliefs ... not just allow you your opinion.

I don't complain about your beliefs, but I also don't agree with them. And that is what forums are designed to be.

That's why I suggested if you want only your own opinion reflected back to you that you stay in church and not spend time on a forum.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441306 May 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
None of us - really/actually know what becomes of us after we die.
- there are many theories
- but it is fun to speculate.....or in your case, not have fun at it.
:o)
I also like to speculate. It's fun, isn't it?

But speculating is not anything BUT speculation. And religion tends to take the speculation OUT of speculation and try to proclaim it is manufacturing tidbits of truth.

And that is not honest or helpful to humanity.
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#441307 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaah. Who an I to say. I couldn't say what all is in the universe.
But that is how the human mind works.
Black Thunder 42:

Communicating on a computer we use words, and expressions.

Typically they express our thoughts and sometimes deeper concepts.

But in the end, words fail.

Why? Because we are overwhelmed by our own minds for now.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#441308 May 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Prophecy isn't of the individual?
Then who is it from?
If you say "God" alone - then why don't you believe Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus, or any other "seer" in the 20th or 21st centuries?
You do believe what the bible says, right? If you do, then you must also accept these prophets.
I have shown you the truth from Scripture...you are not obligated to accept it...
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#441309 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
We are here to discuss each other's beliefs ... not just allow you your opinion.
I don't complain about your beliefs, but I also don't agree with them. And that is what forums are designed to be.
That's why I suggested if you want only your own opinion reflected back to you that you stay in church and not spend time on a forum.
June VanDerMark:

Discussion may be futile.

But it is nice when one discovers some common understanding.

Your nice suggestion is noted. But at this time I will continue.

You have stated/proved your beliefs have changed. So your present/future beliefs may as well.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441310 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what standards do you use to look at yourself "in balance"?
To know that from being kind one moment, I could just as easily(for instance) be a killer the next moment.

Today I am quite pleased that I've never been to prison, but that could change in a flash. And then I would have to learn to survive among some very brutal women.

I would either be a new self, or maybe die at the hands of others who really didn't value my life as they value their own.

I am only as kind as circumstances allow, and my circumstances can't balance me one way or the other.

Situations change and the self either changes ... or not.

A man who came home from a concentration camp after the last war stated something to the effect ... "The best ones didn't survive."
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#441311 May 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The ironic thing is you think YOUR speaking without error when interpreting sacred scriptures. In fact, so did your David Koresh; so does oldG; so does Confrint. Your all a bunch of hypocrites who take on more authority than any of our Popes put together.
Jesus Christ clearly made Peter the leader. Peter was the rock and you can't refute it unless you twist the scriptures to mean opposite of what was actually taught.
So, you have direct contact with Peter who interprets scripture for you?

HE'S BEEN DEAD FOR A LONG TIME!
Mike

Belleville, IL

#441312 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I just watched a program called "truth seekers."
On the program it showed how the air-force was doing tests on pilots concerning what happened to them when they pass-out from the blood leaving their brains from extreme Gravitational-force.
When the pilots came back to conscious-awareness, some of them told of having the same experiences as those who claim to have had near-death experiences.
They saw relatives on earth and ones that were deceased. And they felt euphoric and saw bright lights, etc.
Scientists explained it as a natural state of what occurs when the brain is deprived of oxygen.
Many in religion are anxious to attach their theology to the issue ... but my guess is, the more scientists study the phenomena, the more they will conclude it has nothing in common with religion.
That is true. The near death experience of seeing a white light has a biological explanation. I have heard that when people take horse tranquilizers they have the same type of experience. I think a religious person could argue that God engineered us to have those experiences though, and the fact that there is a biological explanation doesn't mean that it is not a spiritual experience. BTW JUne its Mike do you remember me? I know its a common name. I come back about once every year or two. To talk and see who is still on here.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441313 May 15, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
But in the end, words fail.
The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.
youtube

AOL

#441314 May 15, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441315 May 15, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Discussion may be futile.
But it is nice when one discovers some common understanding.
Your nice suggestion is noted. But at this time I will continue.
You have stated/proved your beliefs have changed. So your present/future beliefs may as well.
Discussion is never futile. It plants seeds of other ways to perceive issues.

It was because I studied that burning at the stake of John Huss, that I decided the popes that ordered the killing might have believed they had to burn the devils out of him before he died to save him from eternal torment in hell.

There are many ways of perceiving why people do what they do, and it is my aim to study human nature at its worst without believing humans are anything but selfish, as am I.

Having stated that, I also believe that many theologians were and are cunning manipulators that desired supreme power on earth ... I'm not so sure that all of them even believed in a hereafter. They might have just gone with the flow, and the flow of the big money was IN religion.

A lot of money was and is made by those who preach supposed truth.

If only they theologians would agree ... they might be believable.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441316 May 15, 2013
Religious shysters exposed by James Randi the magician

OldnBroken

United States

#441317 May 15, 2013
The problem I got with the Catholic Church is this whole confessional scam. It's not good enough to simply confess your sins anymore....no...now they gotta know details!
Case in point....I confess to killing all these people.
You'd think that would be good enough.
Ya know, say 10 Hail Mary's, maybe an Our Father or 2, and that would be it. All's forgiven, I can now pass go and receive Communion without a guilty conscience.
Oh Noooooo!!!!!
Not good enough!
Now He wants to know where the bodies are buried!
I'm like WTF!
That wasn't part of the deal!
Screw it!
Im now a Methodist.
At least their acceptance is unconditional!
Michael

Canada

#441318 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I also like to speculate. It's fun, isn't it?
But speculating is not anything BUT speculation. And religion tends to take the speculation OUT of speculation and try to proclaim it is manufacturing tidbits of truth.
And that is not honest or helpful to humanity.
Anticipation is the driving force for those of faith.

Its more exciting to think or believe what is going to happen then when it actually happens.

When we die the very same thing will happen to all of us. Whatever that may be, being born by chance into a particular belief claiming that way is the right way is utter nonsense.

If there is a God, he has no religion, because religious beliefs are all man made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 20 hr Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web