Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,086
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#441048 May 14, 2013
272/916
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you reach "perfection?
Perfect: teleios: complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with 3588) completeness:--of full age, man, perfect.

She reached her perfection when she was complete in growth, mentally and morally...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441049 May 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
269 610
<quoted text>
Contrary to the contentions of Wellhausen, who maintained, against archaeological evidence already available in his day, that writing did not appear among the Hebrews until the early monarchy; they had the means of producing written records at their disposal from very early times.
Moses who is credited with writing the Torah (Five books of Moses; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) was educated in the house of Pharaoh, he would have been literate not only in Egyptian but the surrounding cultures in his day.
In the book of Job, dated to the Patriarchal period (2100-1800 B.C.) before the time of Moses, Job refers to writing and the material on which one writes. Writing with an Iron pen upon stone and lead is clearly described; lead a soft material could be inscribed with an Iron stylus. Soft Clay was also a material used to write upon, preserving the words of the writer.
"Oh, that my words were written! Oh, that they were inscribed in a book! That they were engraved on a rock With an iron pen and lead, forever! Job 19:23-24
well now. I'll tell ya what. Moses was indeed in Egypt and was a very important figure, so I would say he may have been privy to the writing. The problem I find is that it was in heiroglyph(picture writing) with little or no script to enunciate at the time. Phrases such as you have shown were never rendered, even in the times the Greeks studied in Egypt(much later).
In all fairness, they may have been scripted in "proto-Semetic" such as was found in Ebla(in clay). If that were the case, there should be some remnant of those writings. So far there are none.
We shall see. I would be as excited as you if there was some found evidence..as there could be some tangible evidence to that part of history.

Location hidden

#441050 May 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
272/916
<quoted text>
Perfect: teleios: complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with 3588) completeness:--of full age, man, perfect.
She reached her perfection when she was complete in growth, mentally and morally...
Sorry to say, I have not reached that pinnacle yet...but I am working at it.

Location hidden

#441051 May 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
272/910
<quoted text>
Do you and/or your mother refer to them as "bro"????!!!
I don't know about you folks, but mine refer to it as "blood", and there is good reason. We are not all pure, but we knew them by the "cut".

Location hidden

#441052 May 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>well now. I'll tell ya what. Moses was indeed in Egypt and was a very important figure, so I would say he may have been privy to the writing. The problem I find is that it was in heiroglyph(picture writing) with little or no script to enunciate at the time. Phrases such as you have shown were never rendered, even in the times the Greeks studied in Egypt(much later).
In all fairness, they may have been scripted in "proto-Semetic" such as was found in Ebla(in clay). If that were the case, there should be some remnant of those writings. So far there are none.
We shall see. I would be as excited as you if there was some found evidence..as there could be some tangible evidence to that part of history.
The Word of God is not accepted on evidence....it is based on belief..

"Oh, that my words were written! Oh, that they were inscribed in a book! That they were engraved on a rock With an iron pen and lead, forever! Job 19:23-24

You have the God given right to reject His Word...when you find evidence that any Word in the Bible is provable in a Court of Law...let me know...

Location hidden

#441053 May 14, 2013
051 272/910
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about you folks, but mine refer to it as "blood", and there is good reason. We are not all pure, but we knew them by the "cut".
"blood" means "bro!!!!" Check your head air pressure...you have a serious leak!!!!

Location hidden

#441054 May 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God is not accepted on evidence....it is based on belief..
You have the God given right to reject His Word...when you find evidence that any Word in the Bible is provable in a Court of Law...let me know...
I was just trying to explain the facts and particulars of discovery is all.

Location hidden

#441055 May 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
051 272/910
<quoted text>
"blood" means "bro!!!!" Check your head air pressure...you have a serious leak!!!!
No I don't. I am telling you how it is...for many centuries.

Location hidden

#441056 May 14, 2013
055 051 272/910
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't. I am telling you how it is...for many centuries.
You have my interest...Show me your evidence that for centuries, "blood" means "bro".....

Location hidden

#441057 May 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
051 272/910
<quoted text>
Yeah. Maybe we should just leave it at that...I have a serious "air leak".
I'm good with that.

Location hidden

#441058 May 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
055 051 272/910
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You have my interest...Show me your evidence that for centuries, "blood" means "bro".....
Are you sure you want to know?

Location hidden

#441059 May 14, 2013
057 051 272/910
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Maybe we should just leave it at that...I have a serious "air leak".
I'm good with that.
It takes a big man to say "I am sorry...I was wrong"...You have my respect....

Location hidden

#441061 May 14, 2013
058 055 051 272/910
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure you want to know?
I am positive I want to know!!! Lay it on me!!!!

Location hidden

#441062 May 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure you want to know?
Go to bed...don't forget to put the cap on that Seagram 7...turn out the light....you can take care of the ice cube tray in the morning!!!!

Location hidden

#441063 May 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
058 055 051 272/910
<quoted text>
I am positive I want to know!!! Lay it on me!!!!
Ok OX. You asked for it.

My people are ancient. I mean thousands of years. The "blood/cut" I was speaking of is that they are different. The blood is not red when exposed to the air-it is blue. We are different, we were/are hunted.
Yes-we are Pagan(heathen)(according to the "Abrahamic" followers). My mother, I and my siblings are red blood. We are intermingled, as are what is left of my cousins. We are highly intelligent, and extremely fast healing, but we are disappearing fast. As far as I know, all contact has been lost with any others of our blood (about 40 years ago).

You wanted to know.

Now you know.

Location hidden

#441064 May 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to bed...don't forget to put the cap on that Seagram 7...turn out the light....you can take care of the ice cube tray in the morning!!!!
Yes that is it . I am intoxicated.
Please pay no attention to anything I might have said.
Clay

United States

#441065 May 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have posted lies....and posted lies...you have said over and over "Christ is God " God is Christ"...you have been shown, from Scripture, your Catholic Encyclopedia, your pope approved NABre over and over that you are lying...and you continue lying....
That's my faith. I don't say you guys lie just because you believe in certain aspects of Christianity. I say you lie because you knowingly post slander to falsely accuse us. I also believe you lie because you sometimes manipulate sacred scripture to mean something else that you could not possibly really subscribe too.
Example:'Christ is not God'. I don't believe for a second you really think that Ox. I think you're just playing around with Holy Scripture to taunt us. You couldn't be a Christian and go against God like that ..

Hey, by all means if you choose to believe Christ wanted us to go by our own interpretations in Bible Alone, than have at it. I would think you'd need to provide some scripture where He commands it, but oh well.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441066 May 15, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be two days in His time.
You conveniently forget: "... some of you will still be alive..."

In the Bible today, up means down, and right means left.

With that kind of twist and turn, anything in the Bible can mean anything you want it to mean.

If Jesus said "soon" but really meant 2000++ years, then how do we know what Jesus really meant about anything?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441067 May 15, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
He sure as heck is a slacker.
He said he'd be back "soon." That was 2000 years ago.
<quoted text>
Well said Marge but they won't get it without explanation.
II Peter 3:8, "But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."
Glad to help and God bless you.
So how do we trust any timeline in the Bible?

http://lightningfingers.tripod.com/theyearsin...

Do you believe that Adam lived 930 years and that Methuselah lived 969 years? Or should that be 930 thousand years maybe?

Well, here's a verse in Genesis that most people should have little or no problem with:

"Then the Lord said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." (Gen. 6:3)

If we can accept 120 years as a logical maximum lifespan in Genesis 6
...then do you think they would have used a completely DIFFERENT measurement for years in Genesis 5 (just ONE CHAPTER before), when it says, "Altogether, Methuselah lived 969 years, and then he died" (Gen. 5:27)?

(Not to mention the long years of everyone else mentioned in Genesis 5!)

Do you think that in Chapter 5, years did not really mean years, as we know them today, but in Chapter 6 they DID?

How delusional is that? No, you just make up new "facts" as you go to explain the silliness. But in doing so, you destroy other Bible "facts."

Sure, sure, sure. All of mankind's gods throughout history are imaginary ... except yours of course.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#441068 May 15, 2013
If one Bible year = 1000 years, how long is 40 days and nights?

About 80 years maybe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 9,036
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 11 hr barefoot2626 35
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 23 hr YaWay 173
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
News Francis expects short papacy Mar 16 ELIAS IBARRA 2
More from around the web