Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,742
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440925 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
It means just what I said it does....that he was baptized into the Catholic Church. It does not mean that he went on to practice his faith. He received all the graces from the Sacrament, but it is not an indicator of whether or not he *necessarily* utilized them or cooperated with them.
Thanks.
And you can discern all of this by......[fill in the blank]....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440926 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My guess is, white humans who made up the stories of people first coming to earth by space-ship picture the pilots of the spaceships as being white and appearing like the men on the USS Enterprise.
:)
Archeology points to a different story, of human-life originating in Africa with the people of the black race.
That just goes to show you really haven't read all that much.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#440927 May 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Discerned all of what??

I haven't made any declarations one way or the other.
Stop putting words in my mouth.

Location hidden

#440929 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Fact = cuniform tablets exist
Fact = the stories written exist
No, I am not kidding.
Aren't you glad you get to believe as you choose? Since you do - you probably won't end up like me!
:o)
Oh yeah - Self.
;o)
And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#440930 May 14, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
There are no 'tabernacles to multiple 'saints' and 'ladies'' in any Catholic Church.
The only tabernacles in Catholic Churches are reserved for Jesus.

Are you completely blind? I read the church page, and I ride past all those churches.

The following is a list of CC churches in Alabama alone:

Cathedral of St. Paul
Sacred Heart CC
St. Leo's
St. Patricks
Basilica of the Immaculate Conception
Most Pure Heart of Mary
St. Francis Xavier RCC
St. Joseph's
St. Matthew's
St. Vincent de Paul
St. Jude

A cathedral to everyone EXCEPT Jesus...and Moses and Elijah aren't even included.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

#440931 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
It means just what I said it does....that he was baptized into the Catholic Church. It does not mean that he went on to practice his faith. He received all the graces from the Sacrament, but it is not an indicator of whether or not he *necessarily* utilized them or cooperated with them.
Thanks.

New Age wrote:
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Discerned all of what??
I haven't made any declarations one way or the other.
Stop putting words in my mouth.
- "It does not mean that he went on to practice his faith."
- "He received all the graces from the Sacrament, but it is not an indicator of whether or not he *necessarily* utilized them or cooperated with them."

Yes you did. How did you do so?

Albuquerque, NM

#440932 May 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is just the tip of the iceberg.
LOL

Close, but I don't think we have even gotten near the iceberg yet.

Location hidden

#440933 May 14, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
Hello.
I think you have reached a hasty conclusion, in calling Abrahamics...INTOLERANT.
Perhaps you might reconsider your position, knowing the modern view is to kill Jews(Abraham), and Christians(Abrahamic), and those intolerant of Muslims(Abrahamic).
Certainly, examples of intolerant behavior exists in all societies. But a more enlightened approach is difficult to pass on between generations, especially after this past century of massive destruction by war.
I don't see that in ancient history over "religious" views at all.
I don't see it in Sumer-Babylonia-Egypt-Mu-Inca- Dogon-vedics-American Indians.
All their wars were non religious , and "asset" related. A war in China may have been a war over religion(as was with the Reich), but was more about the economic depression of it's inhabitants, and was much later in history.

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

#440934 May 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>sometimes you need it to make a point.sorry it bothered you.
It doesn't bother me when people post the scriptures that reflect their own desires. I just don't read them.

Albuquerque, NM

#440935 May 14, 2013
** sorry for the double post - unintentional.....but maybe "God" is putting "His" hand into the mix and wanted to post it twice.

After all - "He" is omnipresent.

Smithers, Canada

#440936 May 14, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
I could agree with that generalization about Protestants and Catholics.
But to your question, I would answer, "They ALL live in the light and love of God".
:)
I guess that's why they found it necessary to kill each other as they fought over the meanings of scriptures HUH?

It's called loving people to death.

Location hidden

#440937 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I wish others can see the same benefit.
*sighs*
May I should begin praying?!
;o)
I understand.

Smithers, Canada

#440938 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Good question.
I think I have. Do I know if "he" was an "angel" or not? No, I do not.
IMO - I witnessed a "spirit" appear to me, while in a room of about five others. No one else saw the individual, even after I asked "who is your friend?"
The next thing that happened, when I returned to look at the individual he was gone. Hallucination? I don't think so. Have I ever witnessed this again? No, I haven't.
To me, the experience was surreal in some ways, comforting in other ways (like knowing that the smile I was given at the time by the gent).
True story.
Since this point in my life, I've tried to research all that I come across with the paranormal.
(2) Jesus says:
(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."
I'm at the astonishment level.
What about you?
Are you astonished that if Jesus lived he supported his dad's cruel and unusual punishment known as HELL???

Not one place in the new testament does it state that Jesus was against his dad sending rejects to hell.

Smithers, Canada

#440939 May 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>this does not surprise me at all,I'd bet it's going on in remote areas of china also.
Murdering children because of starvation is just one reason people murder their children.

It happens in America by parents who for all outside appearances seem to care for their children.

Smithers, Canada

#440940 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Fact = cuniform tablets exist
Fact = the stories written exist
No, I am not kidding.
Aren't you glad you get to believe as you choose? Since you do - you probably won't end up like me!
Oh yeah - Self.
;o)
I just find it incredulous that educated people believe humans came from outer space, when science indicates we were once very ape-like in appearance and probably comparable to apes in our thoughts.

Location hidden

#440941 May 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
cont
She sat down at the table across from her amazed dinner guest. She stared at him intently.. "Jack, do you remember me?"
Old Jack searched her face with his old, rheumy eyes. "I think so -- I mean you do look familiar."
"I'm a little older perhaps," she said. "Maybe I've even filled out more than in my younger days when you worked here, and I came through that very door, cold and hungry."
"Ma'am?" the officer said questioningly. He couldn't believe that such a magnificently turned out woman could ever have been hungry.
"I was just out of college," the woman began. "I had come to the city looking for a job, but I couldn't find anything. Finally I was down to my last few cents and had been kicked out of my apartment. I walked the streets for days. It was February and I was cold and nearly starving. I saw this place and walked in on the off chance that I could get something to eat."
Jack lit up with a smile. "Now I remember," he said.. "I was behind the serving counter. You came up and asked me if you could work for something to eat. I said that it was against company policy."
"I know," the woman continued. "Then you made me the biggest roast beef sandwich that I had ever seen, gave me a cup of coffee, and told me to go over to a corner table and enjoy it. I was afraid that you would get into trouble... Then, when I looked over and saw you put the price of my food in the cash register, I knew then that everything would be all right."
"So you started your own business?" Old Jack said.
"I got a job that very afternoon. I worked my way up. Eventually I started my own business that, with the help of God, prospered." She opened her purse and pulled out a business card.. "When you are finished here, I want you to pay a visit to a Mr. Lyons...He's the personnel director of my company. I'll go talk to him now and I'm certain he'll find something for you to do around the office." She smiled. "I think he might even find the funds to give you a little advance so that you can buy some clothes and get a place to live until you get on your feet... If you ever need anything, my door is always opened to you."
There were tears in the old man's eyes. "How can I ever thank you?" he said.
"Don't thank me," the woman answered. "To God goes the glory. Thank Jesus...... He led me to you."
Outside the cafeteria, the officer and the woman paused at the entrance before going their separate ways....
"Thank you for all your help, officer," she said.
"On the contrary, Ms. Eddy," he answered. "Thank you. I saw a miracle today, something that I will never forget. And.. And thank you for the coffee."
God is going to shift things around for you today and let things work in your favor.
If you believe, send it.
If you don't believe, delete it.
God closes doors no man can open & God opens doors no man can close..
If you need God to open some doors for you...send this on.
That's really great LTM.
I have a similar story, but I don't wish to tell it.

Smithers, Canada

#440942 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I wish others can see the same benefit.
*sighs*
May I should begin praying?!
;o)
I suggest both you and Black Thunder are modern Pagans. You seem to fly with the crowd that claims that the more you study the more knowledge you attain.

I believe we are born dumb selfish and we die dumb and selfish.

Smithers, Canada

#440943 May 14, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
This is good to know.
If you do not deny "spirits", then why would you deny the existence of Satan?
Good question.

If New Age Spiritual leader IS a modern Pagan, the belief in a goddess who loves everybody is probably his/her way of perceiving.

Satan does no exist in their beliefs.

Beliefs are always handy for the preferential beliefs of the believers.

There's something for every body.

Smithers, Canada

#440944 May 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the Blood has been shed for all,
ONLY if you become a Christian.

THAT is basic Christianity.

Smithers, Canada

#440945 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, no one has shown doubt.
You indicated doubt when you stated we "HOPE" we will be saved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... Thu Walnut 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Scales Off 8,915
Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Thu david 31
The Persecution No One Dares Name (Aug '13) Wed Islam Forbids 5
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Mar 4 swedenforever 11
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mar 2 Jaimie 83,958
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 1 Lawrence Wolf 2,021
More from around the web