Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675535 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441138 May 15, 2013
In addition to Gnostic, Jewish, and Pauline Christianity, there were already many other versions of Christianity being taught. After the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD, the Jewish Christian movement was scattered. Pauline and Gnostic Christianity were left as the dominant groups.

The Roman Empire legally recognized Pauline Christianity as a valid religion in 313 AD. Later in that century, in 380 AD, Roman Catholicism became the official religion of the Roman Empire. During the following 1000 years, Catholics were the only people recognized as Christians.

http://christianity.about.com/od/denomination...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#441139 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You find the links that suit you. And then you will be pleased.
I guessed you would answer in the way you did. And I was right.

I must have telepathy.

Thanks for responding.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#441140 May 15, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
But not the kind of knowledge that is admissible in any court in the free world.
Darn.
~~~

As long as it stands up... in God's court... that is all that matters to me.

There is much that some denomination (here on earth) have

attempted to add to God's word...But our

"advocate" G3875
&#960;&#945;&#961; &#945;&#769;&#954; &#955;&#951;&#964; &#959;&#962;
parakle&#772;tos
par-ak'-lay-tos
An intercessor, consoler:- advocate, comforter.

Jesus Christ.... will only defend us if we have attempted to keep His commandments..

He has no responsibility to defend us ....

when we have added to ....or attempted to delete from

God's eternal ... plan of redemption...

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#441141 May 15, 2013
From the book,“A History of Christianity”… volume 2 Clyde L. Manschreck, Editor, comes the following………

Christianity’s oldest confession of faith, the Apostle’s Creed, originally known as the Old Roman Symbol, was also developed about 150 in reaction to Gnosticism and the need for identifying statement.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#441142 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you don't be so silly in the idea that you know yourself.
Why? Does it frustrate you that I do?

Always worrying about others. That is so nice and wonderful.

Has it paid off for you? You must get some thank you cards in the mail from all over the place showing gratitude, right?

I for one am thankful you are here to admonish me. I don't think there is anywhere I would rather have that applied to me.

Don't you agree?

BTW - all that was from my Self. Yes I do know it.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#441143 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But ya see, if god is hiding things from you, he must believe you can't handle knowing what he knows. So I suggest you simply don't move and don't think ... then when you die, god can't judge for anything.
:)
God never hides good things FROM us, but he does hide things FOR us. just as precious stones and metals need to be mined from deep within the earth in order to be appreciated, so precious/spiritual truths need asking, seeking and knocking to discover, otherwise they'd just be common. the indiscrete, of course, could care less and don't understand the difference between the precious and profane.

"cast not your pearls before swine and don't give that which is holy to the dogs or else they will trample it and rend you to pieces" Jesus

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#441144 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
In addition to Gnostic, Jewish, and Pauline Christianity, there were already many other versions of Christianity being taught. After the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD, the Jewish Christian movement was scattered. Pauline and Gnostic Christianity were left as the dominant groups.
The Roman Empire legally recognized Pauline Christianity as a valid religion in 313 AD. Later in that century, in 380 AD, Roman Catholicism became the official religion of the Roman Empire. During the following 1000 years, Catholics were the only people recognized as Christians.
http://christianity.about.com/od/denomination...
At which point the Catholics began systematically exterminating all forms of Christianity, murdering those who would not accept the authority of the Catholic Church and burning all scriptures other than their own.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441145 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have faith that I am right about such issues. I have faith that whatever occurred and occurs is beyond me to figure out, and that's fine with me.
Other animals are content to live and die
And so am I
you're making a HUGE assumption here, that if there were a god it has left us aimless.

i do NOT believe that, but have found the Bible to be an enormous help for navigating life, both now and into eternity.

"I AM not leaving you as orphans, but I will send the Holy Spirit and He shall guide you into all Truth" Jesus

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441146 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
You flunked the test.
Jesus never said that.
prove it, or place your neck under my foot where it belongs;)
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441147 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
You have the exact same amount of proof for your god as everyone else has for their god.
Zero.
The story itself is absurd at every level.
Any true God would not leave out the majority of mankind from your vision -- if true.
That's why it can't be true. A real God would not be a bigot.
A real God would give everyone the same opportunity for the truth, not just those who happened to be born at the right place in time.
A real God would have the same standards of morality for itself as it demands of us. Bigotry based on national origin is simply wrong.
God never left no one out "Religion A Delusion" people left out God. Men make gods out of anything they want, they have free will to do so.
Jesus died on the cross for everyone, the 2 thieves on either side of Jesus when He was one the cross; one accepted Him the other didn't .
That doesn't mean Jesus didn't love the other one, He did Jesus was dying for the very people who crucified him.
"Jesus said father forgive them for they no not what they do."
Even at the height of Jesus suffering on that cross He was thinking of them, even the ones who were inflicting the pain.
I don't know why I am telling you that you don't believe.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#441148 May 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and yet they use the same core books as Catholics.
As you have seen, Protestants seem to have a different view of your conclusion.
<quoted text>
Good - because you shouldn't. It is the arrogance of certain men, that think they can describe "God". You are wise to claim you don't.
<quoted text>
....but you aren't with the canon. Why? What catalyst caused you to believe only the canon and not the non-canon?
<quoted text>
Good - IMO - you will enrich your mind.
<quoted text>
You are welcome.
Why do I accept the canon of scripture? Because the Church compiled them and I am a member of the Church.
Btw, have you read the Book of Enoch? Enoch was the father of Methusalah, the dude that lived over 900 years.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#441149 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus first had to exist to say anything. And if all those other sons of gods supposedly came to earth once and never came again ... my guess is the mythical Jesus will not show either.
Myths are not what they seem.
:)
your choices of belief are adding up to create a very stubborn doctrine which is very discriminating against all the evidence of Jesus!

there will be a test, and all your prejudice against 'christendom' will not justify your choice to reject The Christ!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#441150 May 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
As long as it stands up... in God's court... that is all that matters to me.
There is much that some denomination (here on earth) have
attempted to add to God's word...But our
"advocate" G3875
&#960;&#945;&#961; &#945;&#769;&#954; &#955;&#951;&#964; &#959;&#962;
parakle&#772;tos
par-ak'-lay-tos
An intercessor, consoler:- advocate, comforter.
Jesus Christ.... will only defend us if we have attempted to keep His commandments..
He has no responsibility to defend us ....
when we have added to ....or attempted to delete from
God's eternal ... plan of redemption...
~~~
JESUS SAID...

If ye

"abide" (DEFINED)

G3306
&#956;&#949;&#769; &#957;&#969;
meno&#772;
men'-o
A primary verb; to stay (in a given place, state, relation or expectancy):- abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry (for), X thine own.

in me, and my words

"abide " (defined)

G3306
&#956;&#949;&#769; &#957;&#969;
meno&#772;
men'-o
A primary verb; to stay (in a given place, state, relation or expectancy):- abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry (for), X thine own.

in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and

it shall be

"done" (DEFINED)

G1096
&#947;&#953;&#769; &#957;&#959;&#956; &#945;&#953;
ginomai
ghin'-om-ahee
A prolonged and middle form of a primary verb; to cause to be (“gen”-erate), that is,(reflexively) to become (come into being), used with great latitude (literally, figuratively, intensively, etc.):- arise be assembled, be (come,-fall,-have self), be brought (to pass),(be) come (to pass), continue, be divided, be done, draw, be ended, fall, be finished, follow, be found, be fulfilled,+ God forbid, grow, happen, have, be kept, be made, be married, be ordained to be, partake, pass, be performed, be published, require, seem, be showed, X

unto you.

Joh 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Joh 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Joh 15:10 If ye keep my

"commandments,"

G1785
&#949;&#787;&#957; &#964;&#959;&#955; &#951;&#769;
entole&#772;
en-tol-ay'
From G1781; injunction, that is, an authoritative prescription:- commandment, precept.

ye shall abide in my love;

even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and

abide in his love.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#441151 May 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're making a HUGE assumption here, that if there were a god it has left us aimless.
i do NOT believe that, but have found the Bible to be an enormous help for navigating life, both now and into eternity.
"I AM not leaving you as orphans, but I will send the Holy Spirit and He shall guide you into all Truth" Jesus
And that is why you constantly talk about having sex with prostitutes and talking about female posters' sex organs begging them for cyber sex.

You are such a fraud. Posting all pious here while on WINLAC you act like a pig.

Once again, we thank you for showing what a crock of shit Christianity is.
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#441152 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
1. extinction?= far from it. as of 2011 - 6,973,738,433 live on this planet. A lot of people will have to be dead before your claim come to fruition. Why do you hope for destruction? Life is a much better position to dwell in.
2. "anti-life" - live in love, and the life around you will begin to show you their role in this world. I hope you won't be surprised when you realize that there is more love in the world than what you think.
Isn't Self, crazy-wild!!??
New Age Spiritual Leader:

Extinction: As ecosystems and biodiversity disappear, there is an obvious stress on life on this planet.(Its called the "6th" extinction.)

An example:

http://www.actionbioscience.org/newfrontiers/...

I don't think I am pessimistic when it comes to life, and love on this planet. I realize the newer forms of religion are a part of modern trends, and these will continue.

But there are, it seems to me, forces unleashed which are anti-life, and anti-love, which have grown in power as knowledge has grown.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#441153 May 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't preach that what I read in books is sacred to me and therefore has to be perceived as sacred to others.
That is the difference.
I post quotes from many different authors on many different subjects, and even I don't always agree with the contents of what I post.
Bible thumpers take ONLY favorite scriptures from the bible and ignore the other scriptures as though they don't exist.
You don't play fair at all, and you seem to believe that habit is the stuff of holiness???
I think NOT.
Yeah you do you have flooded this thread with the quotes you have taken from them.
Just as much as we post scripture, so were is that different June.
then what you are doing.
You seem to think Christianity is a belief, it is not its away of life.
Your the one under the assumptions that Christians are perfect or think they are, that isn't true, far from it.
There is only one Holy Righteous God that is what I believe.
He is my Heavenly Father.
It is my right to believe in Jesus and you have the same rights not to believe so what's your problem.
YTubeNews

AOL

#441154 May 15, 2013

Final Prophecies & MIDEAST WAR Ready ----

http://youtu.be/tyLAVfcckcw

Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#441155 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
You'll talk about how the Self is important, yet you refute it daily. Why?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

Eschatologically speaking, both the individual and humanity as a whole are moving toward "life and death". So both of these sense an identity of the here and now, to the future.

You might call that identity the Self.

But is there a distinction in the future of those moving towards spiritual death, and spiritual life? And is it within ourselves, or the stars(as Shakespeare puts it), in God that are both destinies?
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#441156 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?!
Do you think that they may have been the ones who fused our two genes, making us different than apes?
What do you believe they may have taught us?
How about farming and irrigation.
How about writing?
How about measure and mathematics?
How about harmonics?
How about succession of the bloodline?
how about metallurgy?
How about where we came from and the basic science of it?
How about genetics?
Many ancient texts tell us specifically about those teachings...however none of those teachings are in the canons.
I wonder why not.
I think they taught humans a lot of things, as you listed. Technology which we don't even have today. How to make the pyramids, for one. Check out those huge cut stone megaliths. And other things.
If it weren't written in the Bible about the giants, I'd probably not entertain the notion. But since it's there, I can't deny the very real possibility. And there is something about dna involved as well. That's why Jesus' bloodline was so important.
Also, in the Bible Jesus says that in the end times it will be as in the days of Noah. So, I believe that these aliens/fallen angels/demons (whatever you call them) will reveal themselves to mankind and tell us that we come from them and they are here to save us and to give us technology to live forever.
This I believe is the great deception that is written about in the Bible. The mark of the beast.
Some might call me crazy, and I understand it does sound out of this world.
Human Being

Oberlin, LA

#441157 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the attempt of the human mind to "isolate" any mental character that is undesirable [in]to an entity that is removed from the psyche, and therefor the individual is not held responsible for that thought or action.
There is your "satan" It is an integral part of each and every one of you---that you would like to remove yourselves from...and "religion" does that for you.
Black Thunder 42:

What you are describing is pride and hypocrisy.

If you think they are only human inventions and there are no spiritual beings capable of pride and hypocrisy, then that is another issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 10,518
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News Pope Francis will do 'everything he can' to vis... Mar 31 Gods r Delusions ... 1
More from around the web