Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590170 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440909 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I make that statement because it makes sense. I agree with what the Church has said about Jesus because it makes sense, not simply because they have said it.
I have arrived at Catholicism because every other avenue I explored ended up making no sense. And when Catholicism was shown to me,(the true teachings, not that b.s. anti-catholics spout), I was so blown away at how it all hangs together so beautifully.
.....and as you continue on your journey - "God" has introduced you to me.

Sounds like all your questions haven't been answered.

:o)

Since: Nov 08

usa

#440910 May 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
bro
n. pl. bros Slang
1. A brother.
Any idea why a man or boy would use "Tiger Lady" on this forum???!!!!
it's tiger lilly,my mothers favorite flower,there all over my yard.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#440911 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as it's your butt that you believe is being saved.
If you thought YOU were the one who was going to burn in hell ... would you still be salivating over the bible???
the Blood has been shed for all, June, and it's up to each individual to personally apply it. i was on the opposite side of Grace/Faith not too long ago and now i'm on the right side of It.

why do you negativly exclude yourself when you could just as easily include yourself?

i'm honestly trying to work with you here, but you have to be just as reasonable and cognitive on the topic of Jesus Christ and Salvation as you do on any other!:)
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#440912 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Keeping the faith means to never show doubt in the dogmas.
Actually, no, that's not what it means. Again, a very protestant view. Besides, no one has shown doubt. Not sure why you keep insisting we have.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440913 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
We *hope* to be saved. Big difference. Again, you're projecting a protestant evangelical view (osas) onto a Catholic.
Oh, and don't be fooled by those who claim they don't adhere to any religious denomination. That's a denomination in and of itself - it's called Non-Denominationalism.
Please inform me what denomination is the worshiper of PAN...seing it is just a non denominational sect.

Albuquerque, NM

#440914 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
...So glad you received the Sacraments. Still doesn't mean you were a practising Catholic though. Nevertheless, if you ever do decide to come home, all you have to do is confess your apostasy and get rid of those crystals and tarot cards.
Your "home" is not my home. IMO - your home is deceitful, egotistical, and uninformed.

So in essence, you can push it out of your mind what you wish to occur.

That is my honesty.

Location hidden

#440915 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
All that means is that you've been baptized into the Catholic Church - not that you are or have ever been a practising Catholic.
Why do you mislead others?
(And, yes, I am fully aware of just how much you care for me. The feeling is mutual.)
SO...Being baptized in the faith means nothing? And all you who claim to be followers just wasted your time, or were actually lying...IOW not true christers?

Location hidden

#440916 May 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished to all good works.
When did you reach "perfection?

Albuquerque, NM

#440917 May 14, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
This is good to know.
If you do not deny "spirits", then why would you deny the existence of Satan?
Perhaps more likely, you don't care for people using the "devil made me do it", or devil as an excuse for behavior.
As for me, the presence of angels, and saints in physical form has occurred for me as well. So I have no problem understanding your search.
"why would you deny the existence of Satan?"
- because he has never shown "himself" to exist. Lots of people claim this and that is because of "the devil", but I have yet to find in any of my research any actual occurance of the "devil" actually causing anyone to do harm to others or themself intentionally. Which causes me to use logic and then discern, the "devil" is a construct of someone - and more than likely - created to instill fear upon others.

This gent posted his two-cents on the topic:
"Much ado about Satan" - it is worth the read.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TAVTUO0...

Location hidden

#440918 May 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
and i've seen you use some interesting slurs against them as well!
ain't nothing wrong in my mind with being saved, June, and since Jesus guaranteed it for us through His death and ressurection, there's nothing presumptuous about confidently accepting it!:)
YES!
Then we could all go out and lust after women like you do!---and STILL be saved!
I see works really don't matter huh.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#440919 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.
Auld Hornie. After the establishment of Christianity, the heathen deities were degraded by the Church as fallen angels; and PAN, with horns, crooked nose, goat’s beard, pointed ears, and goat’s feet, was transformed to his Satanic majesty, and called Old Horny.
How do you know were you there.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#440920 May 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please inform me what denomination is the worshiper of PAN...seing it is just a non denominational sect.
Since we were discussing the Christian faith, my comment would logically refer to a non-denominational Christian. Since the person to whom I was posting didn't question it, I assume it was understood.
Thanks.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#440921 May 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "home" is not my home. IMO - your home is deceitful, egotistical, and uninformed.
So in essence, you can push it out of your mind what you wish to occur.
That is my honesty.
I knew it would aggravate you, that's why I wrote it.

:)

Location hidden

#440922 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you are getting at. What you call extraterrestrials I would call fallen angels. And I don't think we were brought here by them. I do think they taught humans things.
Really?!

Do you think that they may have been the ones who fused our two genes, making us different than apes?

What do you believe they may have taught us?

How about farming and irrigation.
How about writing?
How about measure and mathematics?
How about harmonics?
How about succession of the bloodline?
how about metallurgy?
How about where we came from and the basic science of it?
How about genetics?

Many ancient texts tell us specifically about those teachings...however none of those teachings are in the canons.
I wonder why not.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#440923 May 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
SO...Being baptized in the faith means nothing? And all you who claim to be followers just wasted your time, or were actually lying...IOW not true christers?
It means just what I said it does....that he was baptized into the Catholic Church. It does not mean that he went on to practice his faith. He received all the graces from the Sacrament, but it is not an indicator of whether or not he *necessarily* utilized them or cooperated with them.
Thanks.

Albuquerque, NM

#440924 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew it would aggravate you, that's why I wrote it.
Wrong again.

I'm not aggravated by your comment. I've long ago, placed the RCC in a box and placed it "on the shelf".

I've moved on to much better things.

Albuquerque, NM

#440925 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
It means just what I said it does....that he was baptized into the Catholic Church. It does not mean that he went on to practice his faith. He received all the graces from the Sacrament, but it is not an indicator of whether or not he *necessarily* utilized them or cooperated with them.
Thanks.
And you can discern all of this by......[fill in the blank]....

Location hidden

#440926 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My guess is, white humans who made up the stories of people first coming to earth by space-ship picture the pilots of the spaceships as being white and appearing like the men on the USS Enterprise.
Archeology points to a different story, of human-life originating in Africa with the people of the black race.
That just goes to show you really haven't read all that much.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#440927 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
And you can discern all of this by......[fill in the blank]....
Discerned all of what??

I haven't made any declarations one way or the other.
Stop putting words in my mouth.

Location hidden

#440929 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Fact = cuniform tablets exist
Fact = the stories written exist
No, I am not kidding.
Aren't you glad you get to believe as you choose? Since you do - you probably won't end up like me!
:o)
Oh yeah - Self.
;o)
And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Gee Tee 9,395
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... 7 hr Rainbow Kid 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Mon QUITTNER May 25 2015 6
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
More from around the web