Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,265
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440899 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding?
Fact = cuniform tablets exist
Fact = the stories written exist

No, I am not kidding.

Aren't you glad you get to believe as you choose? Since you do - you probably won't end up like me!

:o)

Oh yeah - Self.

;o)
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#440900 May 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...but not a very good one, because all you are doing is parroting other men and their belief.
Can you confirm that anything you have posted above are accurate statements? Or in truth and through honesty, it really is just an opinion you have on "God".
This is the real honesty.
I make that statement because it makes sense. I agree with what the Church has said about Jesus because it makes sense, not simply because they have said it.
I have arrived at Catholicism because every other avenue I explored ended up making no sense. And when Catholicism was shown to me,(the true teachings, not that b.s. anti-catholics spout), I was so blown away at how it all hangs together so beautifully.
Human Being

Breaux Bridge, LA

#440901 May 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Many do...just not the "deity" others espouse as real and actual...therein lies the problem with the Abrahamics...INTOLERANCE.
It is shown in many ways. The condemnation of hell being the most arrogant of the assertions.
Black Thunder 42:

Hello.

I think you have reached a hasty conclusion, in calling Abrahamics...INTOLERANT.

Perhaps you might reconsider your position, knowing the modern view is to kill Jews(Abraham), and Christians(Abrahamic), and those intolerant of Muslims(Abrahamic).

Certainly, examples of intolerant behavior exists in all societies. But a more enlightened approach is difficult to pass on between generations, especially after this past century of massive destruction by war.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#440902 May 14, 2013
ISAIAH THE MESSIANIC PROPHET WROTE CONCERNING JESUS..

Isa 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Isa 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Isa 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

[===>YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS THAT BOW BEFORE ICONS AND STATUES READ THE NEXT VERSE...]

Isa 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another,

===>neither my praise to graven images. <===

[GOD GAVE JESUS TO DIE FOR ALL NATIONS...not just those of Rome..].

Psa 67:1 God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah.

Psa 67:2 That thy way may be known upon earth,==> thy saving health among all nations.<==

Psa 67:3 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.

Psa 67:4 O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.

Psa 67:5 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.

Psa 67:6 Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us.

Psa 67:7 God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear him. <===

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Rom 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

Rom 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

____

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

___

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

___

Act 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

-->NO DENOMINATION HAS THE MONOPOLY ON THE LOVE. GRACE OR THE WORD OF GOD.< --

Act 13:47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

Act 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Act 13:49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region.

Albuquerque, NM

#440903 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I just don't believe that "fullness in Faith" is the same as "fullness in Jesus". When I say "fullness in Faith" I mean that as opposed to adhering to a religion which has been stripped of much of the beauty and texture and depth of Christianity, such as protestantism. To put it this way, they have the menu and Catholics have the feast.
...and yet they use the same core books as Catholics.

As you have seen, Protestants seem to have a different view of your conclusion.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't say whether one or all or a group of noncanonical writings are "valid" or not.

Good - because you shouldn't. It is the arrogance of certain men, that think they can describe "God". You are wise to claim you don't.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be hesitant to automatically believe that those teachings are from Jesus. One must be careful.

....but you aren't with the canon. Why? What catalyst caused you to believe only the canon and not the non-canon?
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
But I do think that they are useful for sure. And they are all on my to-read list, which is already pretty long.

Good - IMO - you will enrich your mind.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the link.
You are welcome.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#440904 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
False statement. Please don't lie to others about me.
I've completed all the Sacraments, except "Holy Orders" and "Annoiting the Sick".
Wanna try again? Or are you going to continue to make false statements about me?
<quoted text>
I don't. Christianity does though.
Try being honest, and we'll see where that will lead you.
You're up!
<quoted text>
Thanks!
*hug*
...So glad you received the Sacraments. Still doesn't mean you were a practising Catholic though. Nevertheless, if you ever do decide to come home, all you have to do is confess your apostasy and get rid of those crystals and tarot cards.

Albuquerque, NM

#440905 May 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the more information you can have at your disposal to experiment, the more accurate will be the outcome of rational discernment in it's reckoning.
I wish others can see the same benefit.

*sighs*

May I should begin praying?!

;o)
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#440906 May 14, 2013
YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW
Good morning said a woman as she walked up to the man sitting on the ground.
The man slowly looked up.
This was a woman clearly accustomed to the finer things of life. Her coat was new.. She looked like she had never missed a meal in her life.
His first thought was that she wanted to make fun of him, like so many others had done before.. "Leave me alone," he growled....
To his amazement, the woman continued standing.
She was smiling -- her even white teeth displayed in dazzling rows. "Are you hungry?" she asked.
"No," he answered sarcastically. "I've just come from dining with the president. Now go away."
The woman's smile became even broader. Suddenly the man felt a gentle hand under his arm.
"What are you doing, lady?" the man asked angrily. "I said to leave me alone.
Just then a policeman came up. "Is there any problem, ma'am?" he asked..
"No problem here, officer," the woman answered. "I'm just trying to get this man to his feet. Will you help me?"
The officer scratched his head. "That's old Jack. He's been a fixture around here for a couple of years. What do you want with him?"
"See that cafeteria over there?" she asked. "I'm going to get him something to eat and get him out of the cold for awhile."
"Are you crazy, lady?" the homeless man resisted. "I don't want to go in there!" Then he felt strong hands grab his other arm and lift him up. "Let me go, officer. I didn't do anything."
"This is a good deal for you, Jack" the officer answered. "Don't blow it.."
Finally, and with some difficulty, the woman and the police officer got Jack into the cafeteria and sat him at a table in a remote corner. It was the middle of the morning, so most of the breakfast crowd had already left and the lunch bunch had not yet arrived...
The manager strode across the cafeteria and stood by his table. "What's going on here, officer?" he asked. "What is all this, is this man in trouble?"
"This lady brought this man in here to be fed," the policeman answered.
"Not in here!" the manager replied angrily. "Having a person like that here is bad for business.."
Old Jack smiled a toothless grin. "See, lady. I told you so. Now if you'll let me go. I didn't want to come here in the first place."
The woman turned to the cafeteria manager and smiled....... "Sir, are you familiar with Eddy and Associates, the banking firm down the street?"
"Of course I am," the manager answered impatiently. "They hold their weekly meetings in one of my banquet rooms."
"And do you make a godly amount of money providing food at these weekly meetings?"
"What business is that of yours?"
I, sir, am Penelope Eddy, president and CEO of the company."
"Oh."
The woman smiled again. "I thought that might make a difference." She glanced at the cop who was busy stifling a giggle. "Would you like to join us in a cup of coffee and a meal, officer?"
"No thanks, ma'am," the officer replied. "I'm on duty."
"Then, perhaps, a cup of coffee to go?"
"Yes, ma’am. That would be very nice."
The cafeteria manager turned on his heel, "I'll get your coffee for you right away, officer."
The officer watched him walk away. "You certainly put him in his place," he said.
"That was not my intent. Believe it or not, I have a reason for all this."
cont
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#440907 May 14, 2013
cont
She sat down at the table across from her amazed dinner guest. She stared at him intently.. "Jack, do you remember me?"
Old Jack searched her face with his old, rheumy eyes. "I think so -- I mean you do look familiar."
"I'm a little older perhaps," she said. "Maybe I've even filled out more than in my younger days when you worked here, and I came through that very door, cold and hungry."
"Ma'am?" the officer said questioningly. He couldn't believe that such a magnificently turned out woman could ever have been hungry.
"I was just out of college," the woman began. "I had come to the city looking for a job, but I couldn't find anything. Finally I was down to my last few cents and had been kicked out of my apartment. I walked the streets for days. It was February and I was cold and nearly starving. I saw this place and walked in on the off chance that I could get something to eat."
Jack lit up with a smile. "Now I remember," he said.. "I was behind the serving counter. You came up and asked me if you could work for something to eat. I said that it was against company policy."
"I know," the woman continued. "Then you made me the biggest roast beef sandwich that I had ever seen, gave me a cup of coffee, and told me to go over to a corner table and enjoy it. I was afraid that you would get into trouble... Then, when I looked over and saw you put the price of my food in the cash register, I knew then that everything would be all right."
"So you started your own business?" Old Jack said.
"I got a job that very afternoon. I worked my way up. Eventually I started my own business that, with the help of God, prospered." She opened her purse and pulled out a business card.. "When you are finished here, I want you to pay a visit to a Mr. Lyons...He's the personnel director of my company. I'll go talk to him now and I'm certain he'll find something for you to do around the office." She smiled. "I think he might even find the funds to give you a little advance so that you can buy some clothes and get a place to live until you get on your feet... If you ever need anything, my door is always opened to you."
There were tears in the old man's eyes. "How can I ever thank you?" he said.
"Don't thank me," the woman answered. "To God goes the glory. Thank Jesus...... He led me to you."
Outside the cafeteria, the officer and the woman paused at the entrance before going their separate ways....
"Thank you for all your help, officer," she said.
"On the contrary, Ms. Eddy," he answered. "Thank you. I saw a miracle today, something that I will never forget. And.. And thank you for the coffee."
God is going to shift things around for you today and let things work in your favor.
If you believe, send it.
If you don't believe, delete it.
God closes doors no man can open & God opens doors no man can close..
If you need God to open some doors for you...send this on.
Human Being

Breaux Bridge, LA

#440908 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Good question.
I think I have. Do I know if "he" was an "angel" or not? No, I do not.
IMO - I witnessed a "spirit" appear to me, while in a room of about five others. No one else saw the individual, even after I asked "who is your friend?"
The next thing that happened, when I returned to look at the individual he was gone. Hallucination? I don't think so. Have I ever witnessed this again? No, I haven't.
To me, the experience was surreal in some ways, comforting in other ways (like knowing that the smile I was given at the time by the gent).
True story.
Since this point in my life, I've tried to research all that I come across with the paranormal.
(2) Jesus says:
(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."
I'm at the astonishment level.
What about you?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

This is good to know.

If you do not deny "spirits", then why would you deny the existence of Satan?

Perhaps more likely, you don't care for people using the "devil made me do it", or devil as an excuse for behavior.

As for me, the presence of angels, and saints in physical form has occurred for me as well. So I have no problem understanding your search.

Albuquerque, NM

#440909 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I make that statement because it makes sense. I agree with what the Church has said about Jesus because it makes sense, not simply because they have said it.
I have arrived at Catholicism because every other avenue I explored ended up making no sense. And when Catholicism was shown to me,(the true teachings, not that b.s. anti-catholics spout), I was so blown away at how it all hangs together so beautifully.
.....and as you continue on your journey - "God" has introduced you to me.

Sounds like all your questions haven't been answered.

:o)

Since: Nov 08

usa

#440910 May 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
bro
n. pl. bros Slang
1. A brother.
Any idea why a man or boy would use "Tiger Lady" on this forum???!!!!
it's tiger lilly,my mothers favorite flower,there all over my yard.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#440911 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as it's your butt that you believe is being saved.
If you thought YOU were the one who was going to burn in hell ... would you still be salivating over the bible???
the Blood has been shed for all, June, and it's up to each individual to personally apply it. i was on the opposite side of Grace/Faith not too long ago and now i'm on the right side of It.

why do you negativly exclude yourself when you could just as easily include yourself?

i'm honestly trying to work with you here, but you have to be just as reasonable and cognitive on the topic of Jesus Christ and Salvation as you do on any other!:)
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#440912 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Keeping the faith means to never show doubt in the dogmas.
Actually, no, that's not what it means. Again, a very protestant view. Besides, no one has shown doubt. Not sure why you keep insisting we have.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440913 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
We *hope* to be saved. Big difference. Again, you're projecting a protestant evangelical view (osas) onto a Catholic.
Oh, and don't be fooled by those who claim they don't adhere to any religious denomination. That's a denomination in and of itself - it's called Non-Denominationalism.
Please inform me what denomination is the worshiper of PAN...seing it is just a non denominational sect.

Albuquerque, NM

#440914 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
...So glad you received the Sacraments. Still doesn't mean you were a practising Catholic though. Nevertheless, if you ever do decide to come home, all you have to do is confess your apostasy and get rid of those crystals and tarot cards.
Your "home" is not my home. IMO - your home is deceitful, egotistical, and uninformed.

So in essence, you can push it out of your mind what you wish to occur.

That is my honesty.

Location hidden

#440915 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
All that means is that you've been baptized into the Catholic Church - not that you are or have ever been a practising Catholic.
Why do you mislead others?
(And, yes, I am fully aware of just how much you care for me. The feeling is mutual.)
SO...Being baptized in the faith means nothing? And all you who claim to be followers just wasted your time, or were actually lying...IOW not true christers?

Location hidden

#440916 May 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished to all good works.
When did you reach "perfection?

Albuquerque, NM

#440917 May 14, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
This is good to know.
If you do not deny "spirits", then why would you deny the existence of Satan?
Perhaps more likely, you don't care for people using the "devil made me do it", or devil as an excuse for behavior.
As for me, the presence of angels, and saints in physical form has occurred for me as well. So I have no problem understanding your search.
"why would you deny the existence of Satan?"
- because he has never shown "himself" to exist. Lots of people claim this and that is because of "the devil", but I have yet to find in any of my research any actual occurance of the "devil" actually causing anyone to do harm to others or themself intentionally. Which causes me to use logic and then discern, the "devil" is a construct of someone - and more than likely - created to instill fear upon others.

This gent posted his two-cents on the topic:
"Much ado about Satan" - it is worth the read.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TAVTUO0...

Location hidden

#440918 May 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
and i've seen you use some interesting slurs against them as well!
ain't nothing wrong in my mind with being saved, June, and since Jesus guaranteed it for us through His death and ressurection, there's nothing presumptuous about confidently accepting it!:)
YES!
Then we could all go out and lust after women like you do!---and STILL be saved!
I see works really don't matter huh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Married in 8,868
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
Pope Francis alters Philippines visit because o... Jan 17 TheRealOzzy 2
More from around the web