Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658725 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440872 May 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
These facts show we were brought here by extraterrestrials.
Are you kidding?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440873 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than by what you were taught from others, why do you believe there will be a "next realm?"
Are you a believer in modern Paganism?
Because of the evidence accumulated by paranormal researchers.

"Are you a believer in modern Paganism?"
- hmmmm....in what regard? Paganism covers a wide variety of beliefs.

In truth - the original definition of "paga" - was associated to 'country/rural living' or peasants:
- Origin:
1325–75; Middle English < Medieval Latin, Late Latin p&#257;g&#257;nus ‘worshiper of false gods’, orig.‘civilian’(i.e., not a soldier of Christ), Latin:‘peasant’, noun use of p&#257;g&#257;nus ‘rural, civilian’, derivative of p&#257;gus ‘village, rural district’(akin to pangere ‘to fix, make fast’); see -an

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pagan...

So in fact, if "paganism" is a religion of the rural communities, and since I've been a city-boy all my life - that will not fit my character.

Now, sicne you seem to be referrign to a more modern definition - as men of religion deemed suitable - then you will have to clarify a certain field.

To help you decide what you should respond with....I've studied each of the following for at least 3 years:
- Tarot card reading
- Numerology
- the history of magic
- Christianity's pagan roots
- Shamanism
- origins of the "new age" affiliation to religion
- martial arts
....as well as other non-secular topics, in addition to secular religions of Hinduism, Buddhism, Pre-Columbian mythology.

Go ahead - pick a topic. I'll respond if I have learned it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#440874 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to believe in the existence of a god, but those days are over.
"Theological jargon" is a term I don't use lightly.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.
Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.
It is quite evident that you still believe in a god....If you don't

then..... WHO ARE YOU RAILING AGAINST?

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440875 May 14, 2013
Archeologists have dug up remains of ancient humans that appear ape-like in features.

Somehow I can't picture the likes of those hairy creatures riding in on a space-ship to bring their "knowledge" to earth.

Fairy tales were spread around and around
By silly people claiming truth was found

Albuquerque, NM

#440876 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
All that means is that you've been baptized into the Catholic Church - not that you are or have ever been a practising Catholic.
False statement. Please don't lie to others about me.

I've completed all the Sacraments, except "Holy Orders" and "Annoiting the Sick".

Wanna try again? Or are you going to continue to make false statements about me?
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you mislead others?
I don't. Christianity does though.

Try being honest, and we'll see where that will lead you.

You're up!
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
(And, yes, I am fully aware of just how much you care for me. The feeling is mutual.)
Thanks!

*hug*
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#440877 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For you to perceive that what he wrote was based on truth, he must have agreed with your dogmas?
:)
You weren't smirking over dogmas.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440878 May 14, 2013
My guess is, white humans who made up the stories of people first coming to earth by space-ship picture the pilots of the spaceships as being white and appearing like the men on the USS Enterprise.

Archeology points to a different story, of human-life originating in Africa with the people of the black race.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#440879 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding?
No he isn't LOL .

Since: Nov 08

usa

#440880 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I informed you this morning that when people start posting scriptures I tune out.
I don't read such nonsense. Been there ... done that.
When I studied the bible, it neither made me a better person or a worse person ... it just made me more confused.
sometimes you need it to make a point.sorry it bothered you.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440881 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't smirking over dogmas.
Could I have had various reasons for smirking?

Albuquerque, NM

#440882 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It means that those who believe He is Who He says He is, and believes He meant what He said, and consequently obey Him will go to heaven.
That is the short answer.
...but not a very good one, because all you are doing is parroting other men and their belief.

Can you confirm that anything you have posted above are accurate statements? Or in truth and through honesty, it really is just an opinion you have on "God".

This is the real honesty.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440883 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you posters continue to think this forum is about me?
It isn't.
My belief is mine, live with it. If you have a question on how it pertains to the fallacy the Pope and this forum has made, then let's have it.
If you have a question about my personal belief, that is irrelevant to the forum, then don't bother asking, because I won't respond. Now if you think there is some relevancy to the forum, then maybe you should veer your question in that regard.
As I can envision at this point of your questions, you haven't asked me anything on-topic, but still I appeased you with responding.
How 'bout I answer your questions when you can be honest with me on these:
a. Why do you follow what men have decided as your belief?
b. Why do you only use less than six of the original 13 Apostles?
c. WHy do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus, considering that there are 17 books by "Paul", no books by Jesus, three books by possible Apostles, and one book by a third generation disciple?
Worth a repost!

Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#440884 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
My apologies. In some sense - it is the same, as you claim to have a "fullness of faith" in Jesus/"God". And even then, if you believe Jesus is "God", then the phrasing is still applicable to what you mean.
<quoted text>
Yep - Self. No religion required.
<quoted text>
Yep - Self again.
<quoted text>
Hmmmm...interesting tactic. How do I perceive this? As an inquiry? As a noose?
a. you don't believe that any of the non-canonical are valid.
b. You don't believe Jesus taught the things stated in those non-canonical.
c. You don't accept those texts at all.
"Do you know all that Jesus taught?"
- only that which is from those texts that are accessible
This book describes and expresses those specific teachings by Jesus, breaks them down, why they were stated, and the depth of the teachings. You should read it and then try to understand it.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Lost-Gospel-Christi...
Sorry, I just don't believe that "fullness in Faith" is the same as "fullness in Jesus". When I say "fullness in Faith" I mean that as opposed to adhering to a religion which has been stripped of much of the beauty and texture and depth of Christianity, such as protestantism. To put it this way, they have the menu and Catholics have the feast.

I can't say whether one or all or a group of noncanonical writings are "valid" or not. I would be hesitant to automatically believe that those teachings are from Jesus. One must be careful. But I do think that they are useful for sure. And they are all on my to-read list, which is already pretty long. Thanks for the link.

Albuquerque, NM

#440885 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say anything that wasn't true and easily provable on this thread alone. So why the smirk?
You wouldn't be judging him, now would you, June? You?? Nah, no way. You've above all that, right?
I guess hypocrisy is okay with you. If you are going to "correct" someone else with "judging", maybe you should first start cleaning up your own backyard.

Regina wrote:
All that means is that you've been baptized into the Catholic Church - not that you are or have ever been a practising Catholic.

Why do you mislead others?

(And, yes, I am fully aware of just how much you care for me. The feeling is mutual.)

DOH!!

Albuquerque, NM

#440886 May 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
The pedohiles are Satan´s work not the work of the catholic church.
*sighs*

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440887 May 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
It is quite evident that you still believe in a god....If you don't
then..... WHO ARE YOU RAILING AGAINST?
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS...
I didn't realize I was railing.

I believe I am expressing opinions about how those in religion fight over religious dogmas, and then try to pretend they do it out of the attitude of love.

"ACTIONS???" I believe that all we have on a forum IS words.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440888 May 14, 2013
are words

Since: Nov 08

usa

#440889 May 14, 2013
TO HOJO:you spoke proudly of how catholic church created hospitals,what good are they if they just stand there and watch a woman die?hot story here in boston:A 31-year-old Indian dentist died in Ireland from blood poisoning after doctors allegedly refused to perform an abortion stating "this is a Catholic country".

A 31-year-old Indian woman died in Ireland from blood poisoning after doctors allegedly refused to perform an abortion stating "this is a Catholic country".

Irish authorities have launched a probe into the death of Savita Halappanavar, a dentist, who was 17 weeks pregnant and suffering a miscarriage and septicaemia at University Hospital Galway last month, The Irish Times reported on Wednesday.

Her husband, Praveen Halappanavar, an engineer at Boston Scientific in Galway, said that she asked several times over a three-day period that the pregnancy be terminated.

Praveen said having been told she was miscarrying, and after one day in severe pain, Savita asked for a medical termination.

This was refused, he says, because the foetal heartbeat was still present and they were told, "this is a Catholic country".The dead foetus was later removed and Savita was taken to the high dependency unit and then the intensive care unit, where she died of septicaemia on October 28.

An autopsy carried out two days later found she died of septicaemia "documented ante-mortem" and E.coli ESBL.

A hospital spokesperson confirmed that the Health Service Executive had begun an investigation while the hospital had also instigated an internal investigation....now i know why catholic hospitals are closing around here,not a safe place to go for treatment or i should say lack of treatment.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440890 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, this true, and in the same regard, I also can determine which parts I will not 'gleen' from, knowing the texts is bogus.
Damn that free will!!
And the more information you can have at your disposal to experiment, the more accurate will be the outcome of rational discernment in it's reckoning.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#440891 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you doubt it???
Be careful ... you must never show doubt, or you might be OUT!
Silly dogmas!
That's *your* silly dogma, not ours. It simply means we're not presumptuous. We don't tell God what He can or cannot do, a la OSAS.
Are you sure you're not still protestant? You sound like you are.

‘As though a minute’s worth or a day’s worth of doubt could cast me into hell. As though God were a nitpicking tyrant and waiting for that gotcha instant. It is sin that is tyrannical. God is merciful.’
— Melanie, Repentance and Ascent

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Proud2Goson 10,242
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web