Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693148 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440816 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say that Christians mislead others about God when you and June don't believe that anything at all can be proven? If you can prove there is no Christian God, then you might have a leg to stand on.
You do mislead.

You don't believe in all of what Jesus taught, but will claim "the fullness of Jesus".
- misleading others with what you actually believe

You mislead others with saying "God" does this or that...
- misleading others with a false sense that you do know, when in fact you don't.

As for what June posts - she can answer for herself. The above is only my view of your religion.

Anything else?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440817 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, from your attitude, you think you know more than others about many issues.
Even in this post you brag about being able to survive where others couldn't.
I suggest in a concentration camp, you would learn humility in a hurry.
I agree that nothing in life is cut and dried.
Some I do, some I don't.
That was not bragging. You made the reference that I was incapable of surviving in dire circumstances, and I explained that you were assuming, and for the most part, incorrect in that assumption-with explanation...and now you repeat the very same erroneous assumption.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#440818 May 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!! You covered all the basis, huh. Maybe not.
Luke and Matt are copies of Mark.
So that leaves us GoMark. Let's review the texts:
http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.... Query&book=34&chapter= 8&lid=en&side=r&ve rse=34&zoomSlider=0
31 And he began to teach them that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders, and the chief priests, and the scribes, and be put to death, and rise after three days.
32 And he uttered this saying plainly. And Peter took him and began to rebuke him.
33 But turning and looking on his disciples he rebuked Peter and said: Get behind me, Satan, for thou thinkest not the things of God, but the things of men.
34 And calling the multitude to him with his disciples, he said to them: Whoever will follow after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross, and follow me.
35 For whoever will save his life shall lose it; but whoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, shall save it.
36 For what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and to lose his life?
37 For what would a man give as a ransom for his life?
Deny the human being your Spirit entombs is more of an accurate analogy of these teachings.
"himself" = the body
"Self" = the Spirit
I still don't see how a journey into one's Self is what Jesus taught. In fact it seems for all the world He taught the opposite.
Fr. Barron explains this teaching quite well in his book "And Now I See."
http://www.amazon.com/Now-See-Theology-Transf...

Great book.

“Christianity is, above all, a way of seeing. What unites figures as diverse as James Joyce, Caravaggio, John Milton, the architect of Chartres, Dorothy Day, Dietrich Bonhoeffer and the later Bob Dylan is a peculiar and distinctive take on things, a style, a way, which flows finally from Jesus of Nazareth. Origen remarked that holiness is seeing with the eyes of Christ. Teilhard de Chardin said, with great passion, that his mission as a Christian thinker was to help people see. And Thomas Aquinas said that the ultimate goal of the Christian life is a ‘beatific vision,’ an act of seeing. This book is about coming to vision through Christ.”
— Robert Barron, from the Prelude
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440819 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see that you are certain your bible gave you truth?
You don't even say "maybe." You are definitive in your stance, and that is arrogance, and nothing BUT arrogance.
Without the bible in your hand and the words embedded in your brain ... you would have nothing to say ... NOTHING.
It's "faith". It would be "arrogance" if I said that it was my idea, or if I said "I'm saved, you or any other person isn't".
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440820 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Asked and answered.
Do you have something new, June?
YES ... I suggest you try conversing as though you were not indoctrinated by your specific brand of religion.

Then you will see that neither one of us are fortune-tellers, and that the future therefore is not ours to hold.

We could have a cup of tea or coffee or whatever and talk about what is happening in the moment. We could be kind to each other.

Wouldn't that be nice?
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440821 May 14, 2013
No matter how they tried, preachers could not get me to belong to cults that taught that I would be saved and others would burn in hell or be lost to salvation.

How repulsive!

Albuquerque, NM

#440822 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question.
Why do you need to study what others write to learn about what YOU believe is moral?
Good question.

We should all, always want to learn. If it includes better morals, then so be it, we should learn them, just so we can better ourselves ad others.

Now that I've lived a while on this planet, of course, I will learn different morals, from not only reading, but also day-to-day activities, etc. So in truth, to study the different morals, actually is donet hrough just living life - reading about what others think on the subject is helpful, especially, since we humans do not already have all the knowledge associated to said study.

And since we are only human, having something right in front of us, is sometimes a better reminder than trying to remember soemthing we only heard or saw - the clarity may not be present.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440823 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "faith". It would be "arrogance" if I said that it was my idea, or if I said "I'm saved, you or any other person isn't".
Don't try to pretend that you believe YOU are lost or going to burn in hell. Don't even try that tactic.

You belong to your cult ONLY because you believe you will be saved.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440824 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YES ... I suggest you try conversing as though you were not indoctrinated by your specific brand of religion.
Then you will see that neither one of us are fortune-tellers, and that the future therefore is not ours to hold.
We could have a cup of tea or coffee or whatever and talk about what is happening in the moment. We could be kind to each other.
Wouldn't that be nice?
I don't regard our conversation here as uncivil, in the main.

Unfortunately for your cup o' joe scenario, I AM Catholic, and I view discussions of this nature through that lens.

Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#440825 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
That is because you've limited the potential of your own Self. Limited by other men and their belief - for you to believe.
"Perception is Self"
- what we perceive through our eyes and what we hear is a process of understanding that which we are presented with.
- We choose to understand it, not to bother at all, or possibly, investigate the presentation
- How we process the findings maybe different from another person using the same material. Different perceptions = different "Selfs".
In other words, we each have a different mind, process things differently, etc.
All of this can be categorized within the trait of "Perception" - which is actually your mind, which is actually your consciousness, which I call Self.
It is pretty simple if one takes the time to understand it.
Well I guess I sort of understand what you are saying. But I believe my Self potential is limited in fact,(not just because I may limit myself), unless I orient myself rightly to God's will. Since He is the only source of limitlessness.

Albuquerque, NM

#440826 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you use the texts, you are at least partially reliant upon anything you glean from it. It informs your beliefs. Not sure why you're avoiding that so studiously. I don't think that it's a character flaw or some such.
marge claims a similar reliance (or utilization of, if you prefer) on the canonical gospels.
You are different from marge how, in this aspect? That you're more well-read?
Why do you posters continue to think this forum is about me?

It isn't.

My belief is mine, live with it. If you have a question on how it pertains to the fallacy the Pope and this forum has made, then let's have it.

If you have a question about my personal belief, that is irrelevant to the forum, then don't bother asking, because I won't respond. Now if you think there is some relevancy to the forum, then maybe you should veer your question in that regard.

As I can envision at this point of your questions, you haven't asked me anything on-topic, but still I appeased you with responding.

How 'bout I answer your questions when you can be honest with me on these:

a. Why do you follow what men have decided as your belief?
b. Why do you only use less than six of the original 13 Apostles?
c. WHy do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus, considering that there are 17 books by "Paul", no books by Jesus, three books by possible Apostles, and one book by a third generation disciple?

June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440827 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "faith".
Of course it's faith. Faith that you are way ahead of the crowd of heaven-hogs, and will be awarded eternal bliss, while others will burn in the pits, or wander lonely and lost, separated from "god" for eternity.

I'd rather place my faith where I believe that others are as worthy as am I, just as they are.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440828 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmm....then I will have to let BT answer.
My apologies to you and BT if my perception is incorrect.
No. It is correct.
June would rather apply character assassination and inuendo than to honestly answer when she is in debate or discussion, rather than educate herself.
I'll let the posts speak for themselves.

Albuquerque, NM

#440829 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you use the texts, you are at least partially reliant upon anything you glean from it.
Yes, this true, and in the same regard, I also can determine which parts I will not 'gleen' from, knowing the texts is bogus.

Damn that free will!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440830 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to pretend that you believe YOU are lost or going to burn in hell. Don't even try that tactic.
You belong to your cult ONLY because you believe you will be saved.
I believe, again, that there is hope for salvation. I do not believe that I have already attained it.(see a proponent of OSAS for this line of thinking; OldJG comes to mind immediately)
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440831 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I AM Catholic, and I view discussions of this nature through that lens.
Of course you do! You are saved and I am lost ... RIGHT?

Remember now ... don't try to change the original Catholic dogma ... as it was the promise of truth, and nothing BUT the truth.

By the way, if Jesus wants to be saved, he must first have faith ONLY in the Catholic religion. It was written.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Athanasian Creed

1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#440832 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And I answered more than once that without the bible in hand, you people wouldn't have a word to stand on.
You would have to come down from the clouds, stop believing you are holy and saved, and others are evil and lost ... and deal with the fact that you are all mortal humans just as are the rest of us.
Catholics aren't generally the ones to believe that they have heaven in the bag and all others are damned to hell while they bang their Bibles and scream.
You are confusing Catholics with some other bunch.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440833 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Good question.
We should all, always want to learn. If it includes better morals, then so be it, we should learn them, just so we can better ourselves ad others.
Now that I've lived a while on this planet, of course, I will learn different morals, from not only reading, but also day-to-day activities, etc. So in truth, to study the different morals, actually is donet hrough just living life - reading about what others think on the subject is helpful, especially, since we humans do not already have all the knowledge associated to said study.
And since we are only human, having something right in front of us, is sometimes a better reminder than trying to remember soemthing we only heard or saw - the clarity may not be present.
Thanks for your response.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Final Inequality, by L. J. Ludovici………..

Morals at any given moment have always been as good, or as bad, as our imaginations credit them, for the morals (from the Latin, mores: customs) means simply customs, and they keep changing all the time in all the corners of the world.

Albuquerque, NM

#440834 May 14, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
I do place qualifiers on prayers to God. It is sort of common sense to not pray for the sun to not shine, electrons to stop, suffering to cease, to stop free-will, change the nature of Creation, etc.
But I agree with your statement, "Being closed minded is not going to give you the answers for the questions you have yet to ask." However, if you think qualifying one's prayers to God is restricting(free-will), or being closed-minded, then I understand your perspective.
Yes there is an element of fear, fear of God, as if I were to tempt God, He may reciprocate, and allow Satan to tempt me.(Remember Jesus' Prayer for us, "...and lead us not into temptation,".
It sort of goes back to Jesus in the Wilderness telling Satan to not tempt God.
Fear - Created in the minds of those who are willing to allow it to reside.

Satan - a construct of man to instill fear.

There - I've give you the information to move forward from being fearful.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440835 May 14, 2013
If we were raised in a country were marriage to multiple partners was taught as moral, that is what we would believe IS moral.

Christians believed that killing people as heretics and witches was moral. Had we lived in that era, it is probable we would have caught the same blight.

Morality is up for grabs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jan 9 Apostolic of another 10,701
News For New Year, pope urges help for refugees, res... Jan 1 South Knox Hombre 1
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Dec 30 D dicampli 1
News Topless protester tries to grab baby Jesus figu... Dec 28 Donald J Trump 2
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 20 Truth Be Told 9
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov '17 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
More from around the web