Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 647011 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#440728 May 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
First off - you using "rely" as the action, is incorrect.
I don't rely on men to give me a belief.
I have though, utilized these writings, as well as, other global texts of antiquity, to realize that all the wish-wash on the surface, actually hides the meanings expressed. And they are all pretty much the same.
You can call me anything you choose, and I may even consider myself a Gnostic - but in truth, I am just a human with a mind of my own, applying moral teachings of others to myself, in order to be a better person.
- BTW just for info - I don't stop with the Bible, the NT, the OT, the Koran, the Popal Vuh, etc.....
The world is filled with information that can help better one's life. One just needs to start with admitting that honesty is a prime requirement.
Anything else?
If you use the texts, you are at least partially reliant upon anything you glean from it. It informs your beliefs. Not sure why you're avoiding that so studiously. I don't think that it's a character flaw or some such.

marge claims a similar reliance (or utilization of, if you prefer) on the canonical gospels.

You are different from marge how, in this aspect? That you're more well-read?

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440729 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
....except that I wasn't espousing the Gospel of Thomas, rather NASL was.
You could use a little more 'over-activity' with your intellectual curiosity-otherwise you wouldn't make claims about the contents of the NT without knowing what's in it.
You are correct in that I don't know all that is in the new testament.

When I did study it, it made no sense to me, and so I didn't take it as serious stuff, but rather the work of confused mortal men who thought they knew what they didn't know.

So you could easily trip me up in the discussion of scripture, but you couldn't get me to believe that I am special to a god and others are evil.

That's why I gave up on finding peace within from any of the supposed holy books.

They just gave me mental indigestion.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440730 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! But from your perception, does religion that causes people to fight about dogmas equate to intelligent ... or stupidity?
It relates to stupidity-on part of the combatants.

Were I to come up to you, slap you on the face, and say "the Devil made me do it", repeat the action and say "God told me to do it", and do it a third time and say "I'm slapping you because there is no God", who's responsible for the red mark on your face?

I am. Not the devil, not God, not the cause of there being no God.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#440731 May 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Enjoy yourself IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK...
Psa 2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
Psa 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Psa 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
Psa 2:4 ===> He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
Psa 2:5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
___
HE THAT LAUGHS LAST ....LAUGHS!
Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Amen Great post

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440732 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, I would not dare to claim that a Muslim or a Hindi or a Buddhist or whatever you choose is absolutely barred from heaven.
Then you are not Christian. Unless of course your god in the sky has again changed his mind to suit modern believers.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#440733 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that the god loves you and knows your needs, why are asking for favors in the first place?
Don't you trust that the god will do what's needed for you without begging for help?
Yes, I believe God loves me and knows my needs before I ask for help.
I don't ask for "favors" much anymore. Lately, I have been spending more time simply thanking Him for what I already have. And I am a much happier person for it.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440734 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Were I to come up to you, slap you on the face, and say "the Devil made me do it", repeat the action and say "God told me to do it", and do it a third time and say "I'm slapping you because there is no God", who's responsible for the red mark on your face?
I am. Not the devil, not God, not the cause of there being no God.
You are also responsible for your belief that a devil exists to harm others.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440735 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
When you argue over the meanings of scriptures, are you a combatant, or a peace-maker?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440736 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I believe God loves me and knows my needs before I ask for help.
I don't ask for "favors" much anymore. Lately, I have been spending more time simply thanking Him for what I already have. And I am a much happier person for it.
You must be living in relative comfort. My guess is if you and your family were starving to death, you would find it more difficult to say "Thank you God!"
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440737 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are not Christian. Unless of course your god in the sky has again changed his mind to suit modern believers.
June-

Again, you can have your own opinion but not your own facts.

All Christians do not believe that all non-Christians are barred from salvation.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440738 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are different from marge how, in this aspect? That you're more well-read?
Do you think that because you study your bible, that you are well-read?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440739 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you argue over the meanings of scriptures, are you a combatant, or a peace-maker?
I am arguing the meaning of scriptures.

That's what I'm doing.

Arguing is arguing.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440740 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are also responsible for your belief that a devil exists to harm others.
I'm responsible for what I believe, but the belief doesn't leave a mark on your face.

I did that.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440741 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can prove there is no Christian God, then you might have a leg to stand on.
It was very cunning of theologians to create all gods and goddesses as invisible.

No one can prove that they don't exist.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#440742 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't pay attention to which gospel you were rambling on about, as all the gospels are meaningless to me.
It's all the same theological jargon, put forth by men with over-active imaginations.
~~~

You are a congenital liar ...If theological jargon, meant nothing to you

you would be an avowed atheist...

The proof that you are not an atheist is the fact that you are

continually acknowledging God in your attempt to disprove Him.

A PERSON DOES NOT MAKE AN EFFORT TO DISPROVE THAT WHICH DOES NOT EXIST..

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440743 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm responsible for what I believe, but the belief doesn't leave a mark on your face.
I did that.
UH HUH!

Next time you can blame the devil.

:)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440744 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that because you study your bible, that you are well-read?
No. Reading one thing, by definition, doesn't make one "well - read".

Why would you ask me this?

NASL noted that he has informed his beliefs from a variety of sources. I believe him to be well-read by his disclosure of same.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440745 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone tells me the sky is green, and I correct him and tell him it's blue, am I a combatant?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440746 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am arguing the meaning of scriptures.
That's what I'm doing.
Arguing is arguing.
It's plain to see that. But does arguing create peace?

After all, isn't the bible supposed to teach us how to live in peace rather than fighting over who will be saved and who will burn in hell???
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440747 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was very cunning of theologians to create all gods and goddesses as invisible.
No one can prove that they don't exist.
I don't think it unfair for JS to ask for substantiation of claims you make. You certainly ask us for ours, yes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Im Free 10,167
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 15 hr South Knox Hombre 7
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web