Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681756 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#440654 May 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You spend you opinions freely ....and that is all you have ...YOUR OPINIONS
YOU HAVE NO QUALMS .... IN DEMEANING JESUS CHRIST and injecting what ever fable your infidel heart desires in the events if His sojourn upon the earth...
You GIVE SO MUCH ATTENTION TO the stage props and the supporting actors, THAT THE STAR OF THE EVENT IS BECOMES MEANINGLESS, VAGUE, AND
OF LESSER IMPORTANCE...
On the mount of transfiguration GOD THE FATHER told your alleged leader
(that you have attempted to place in equal position, with GOD'S MESSIAH,)
your leader said...
Mat 17:4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
Mat 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Mat 17:6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
Question
Just how many tabernacles; ... is it ...that you Roman Catholics have attempted to build...
HOW MANY? ARE THE RELIGIOUS BUREAUCRATS AND CORRUPTIBLE EARTHLY little gods.....(CHARACTERS AND PAGAN RITUALS of no consequence)... IS IT...THAT YOU HAVE PLACE BETWEEN YOURSELVES AND THE TRUE AND LIVING GOD...
THE SIMPLE FOUNDATION OF THE EVENT.... THAT TOOK PLACE ON CALVARY'S CROSS IS...
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
THE LORD HATH LAID UPON HIM/JESUS THE INIQUITY OF US ALL..
AND
THE SIMPLE ACCEPTANCE/RESPONSE TO THE EVENT IS....
Act_16:31 And they said,
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
____
JESUS SAID
Mat_19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Mar_9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
Mar_10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
___
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Joh_6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
JESUS PRESENTED THE WAY OF SALVATION SO SIMPLE...WHY DO YOU ...CLUTTER IT UP.... AND...MAKE IT SO HARD TO BE SAVED?
Bang that Bible!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#440655 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you could picture gypsies fighting over whose crystal-ball allows them to see the future in a more clear light, you would understand that is how I see you bible-thumpers who are sure you see truth in every word you pluck out of your favorite scriptures.
You are being silly, and it's laughable, but nothing to be angry about.
:)
~~~
Enjoy yourself IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK...

Psa 2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

Psa 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

Psa 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

Psa 2:4 ===> He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Psa 2:5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

___

HE THAT LAUGHS LAST ....LAUGHS!

Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440656 May 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Profitable" does not mean "sufficient."
I had posited this earlier. Timothy, the wellspring of protestant theology with 2 Tim. 3:16, also indicated as you posted that the Church is the pillar and bulwark of Truth in 1 Tim. 3:15.

Expect something to the effect that Timothy was speaking "metaphorically" or some such in 1 Tim. 3:15. That's the "go-to" response for them when confronted with plain verses that they reject.(see John 6 25-59, John 2:1-12, James 5:16, etc.)
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#440657 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's there for everyone, then your way is just one way among all the other ways, and that means you can stop preaching that you know what this god expects of others ... RIGHT?
Oh dear June every once in a while God puts a fly in the ointment.
Or as Paul says a throne in his side.
I thank God for leading you to this thread, God is using you to make Christians, search the scripture a new and receive a fresh anointing as we read them and get a hungry once again for His Holy Word.
When I read your posts June, It only makes me realize how Blessed I am to know I have a Savior who loves me so much.
Through you God has spoken load and clear to my heart, to go deeper into His Holy Word, I am so inspired right now.
There is a Holy God June there is only one God, not many gods, The gods you keep referring to are of this world, your world . My God's Kingdom is not of this world. and that is where I am sitting in the Heavenly Realm with Jesus my King and My Lord and Savior.
I am speaking to you of spiritual things which you can not understand because you are spiritual dead.
Only God's Holy spirit can breath life into your dead spirit, and make you understand what the Holy Spirit is saying to His Church.
Not an earthly church of brick and mortar.
But a spiritual Church made up of Souls that Jesus has washed in His holy Blood. and breathed on by the Holy Spirit of God.
Weather you read this or not is up to you.
God loves you unconditionally. That I do know.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440658 May 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think anyone can ever "completely" know or understand their "self" totally and objectively.
I think that one must first look at truth, justice, and fairness. Then compare their past and present life thoughts and actions to that standard(honestly). Try to understand how and why it affected themselves and their environment. That is how one comes to "know" himself/herself. He/she will not like what they find. If they are truly honest, they will do their best to correct those iniquities, and become better persons(for themselves), and in so doing, will be an asset to themselves and the ALL.
Once one has set that course, they will do everything possible to better their understanding to that end.
I can only hope that everyone could see and understand that.
It is not something new. This was taught over 4000 years ago.
I am still a work in progress. There is no graduation or diploma involved.
I don't believe we can know ourselves, because we can't know what might happen in the next minute to change our ways of perceiving.

For instance, I am not a killer of other humans at this moment, but I might be put in a position to kill in the next moment. Only then would I understand that it was easier to be a killer than I thought possible one moment before. Then I would have to get to know the "new" me.

Getting to know the self is never stationary, so from my perspective, one can never know the self.

Another example in my case, is that four years ago, I never thought I would be leaving my own previously treasured religious beliefs behind ... yet I slowly learned to accept my new and very different way of perceiving.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440659 May 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
What do you know about my "wonderful" life?
Nothing. You only assume.
Do you think I am beyond eating bugs or roots, or surviving on the moisture provided by the plants or urine?
I will tell you this...I can survive in many environments that others will not...because I actually know how. So, I guess that makes me "smarter" than many others in that respect doesn't it?
That knowledge is "available". Hopefully you don't suddenly find that you need it and don't have it.
NOTHING in life is "cut and dried"- NOTHING
My guess is, from your attitude, you think you know more than others about many issues.

Even in this post you brag about being able to survive where others couldn't.

I suggest in a concentration camp, you would learn humility in a hurry.

I agree that nothing in life is cut and dried.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440660 May 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I thank God for leading you to this thread, God is using you to make Christians, search the scripture a new and receive a fresh anointing as we read them and get a hungry once again for His Holy Word.
When I read your posts June, It only makes me realize how Blessed I am to know I have a Savior who loves me so much.
Through you God has spoken load and clear to my heart, to go deeper into His Holy Word, I am so inspired right now.
There is a Holy God June there is only one God, not many gods, The gods you keep referring to are of this world, your world . My God's Kingdom is not of this world. and that is where I am sitting in the Heavenly Realm with Jesus my King and My Lord and Savior.
I am speaking to you of spiritual things which you can not understand because you are spiritual dead.
Only God's Holy spirit can breath life into your dead spirit, and make you understand what the Holy Spirit is saying to His Church.
But a spiritual Church made up of Souls that Jesus has washed in His holy Blood. and breathed on by the Holy Spirit of God.
RE: Paul-

A "throne" in his side would be fatal.

A thorn, not so much.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#440661 May 14, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant! 1. There is no God, and 2. He is Evil.
Only in a delusion does that "logic" work.
As for the "Creator is Omniscient, Omnibenevolent, Omnipresent."
Why did most of Asia, Africa, and all of the Americas miss out on this "omnipresent god" for many centuries?
Daddy-god send his son-god to suffer and die "for mankind," but no contemporary eyewitness accounts survive, and no way to spread the message to all of mankind equally for almost 2000 years.
Heck, it took over 300 years after the fact before the first groups of Christians stopped killing each other over the supposed meaning of it all.
Omniscient, Omnibenevolent, Omnipresent?
Nope, just delusional.
Let us pray....
"Dear Jesus, please cure all cancer in mankind tomorrow. We ask in your name as we were taught by you many times. Amen."
Anything yet from Mr. Omnibenevolent?
Well, atheists seem to go with the "there is no god and he's evil" premise.

Why did God not reveal himself all at once to everyone simultaneously? Maybe because we couldn't have handled something so mindblowing. He is not a rapist, but a gentleman. I trust that He is merciful to those whose understanding of Him is not very clear, especially if we keep trying to understand Him better as He is, not as we want Him to be.

God is not a vending machine, so don't get pissed off when your prayers (demands) are not instantly answered to your liking. God has His ways and His perogatives. So long as you can't accept the fact that He loves you and wants the best for you, you will be tormented unnecessarily.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440662 May 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
YUCK!!!
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440663 May 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Enjoy yourself IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK...
Psa 2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
Psa 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Psa 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
Psa 2:4 ===> He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
Psa 2:5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
___
HE THAT LAUGHS LAST ....LAUGHS!
Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
YUCK!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440664 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe a god created the universe, and if so, why?
This is off-topic.

My belief in a Supreme Being is irrelevant to the topic.

Albuquerque, NM

#440665 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I do. I've been posting with Black Thunder for years, and got the impression on more than one occasion that knowledge is available to those who understand it.
Hmmmmmm....then I will have to let BT answer.

My apologies to you and BT if my perception is incorrect.

Albuquerque, NM

#440666 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe a man named Jesus existed, much less came to save Christians ... so why would I converse about what Catholics wrote that he said?
GoThomas was not written by "Catholics".
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440667 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
This being the case, one could opine that the Koran is NOT inspired by the same Holy Spirit, and that Muslims would agree with this.
Do you believe there is more than one holy spirit?

My guess is, you believe that Muslims are getting messages from the "evil" spirit ... and YOUR source is from the holy spirit.

After all ... only good things are allowed to come your way. Evil is for others ... RIGHT???

You are self-indulged.

The Muslims are also self-indulged, as they believe that you have to become a Muslim to be saved.

Religion is the PITS.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#440668 May 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially when their argument isn't sourced from what the "someone else" actually DOES teach.
Exactly.

Protestantism tends toward nihilism.
-Orestes Brownson

Albuquerque, NM

#440669 May 14, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Who let you out? It's not time for your walk.
SEVENTH DAY ADVENTISM
We examine the SDAs, and find them heretics
If these folks' only peculiarity was that they met on Saturday to worship, we would have very little to worry about. But, they teach that Sunday worship is the Mark of the Beast, and Sunday worshippers, they teach, are Satan worshippers. They may deny this, but as long as they keep quoting Ellen G White, they must have this vulgar heresy stuffed right back down their throats until they repent. Ms White was a heretic, and she added to the Scriptures.
On the more charitable side, I believe I have met Seventh Day Adventists who were born again.
http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/house...
(oooo, nope, not good for 'em)
I wanted to make sure you were receiving your oxygen.

You know how much I care about you Regina.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440670 May 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
This is off-topic.
My belief in a Supreme Being is irrelevant to the topic.
As you are on a forum discussing religion from all avenues, I suggest that my question is very much on topic.

Do you believe the universe was created, and if so, why?
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#440671 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's there for everyone, then your way is just one way among all the other ways, and that means you can stop preaching that you know what this god expects of others ... RIGHT?
I have not said anything specific of what God expects of us other than that we, as His children, should obey Him.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#440672 May 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YUCK!!!
~~~

Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

Pro 1:26 ===> I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

Pro 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

Pro 1:30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

Pro 1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

Pro 1:32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

Pro 1:33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440673 May 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
GoThomas was not written by "Catholics".
The new testament was compiled by only men of the Catholic religion, so anything you find in it was approved by none other than Catholics, unless of course other men dabbled with the words after the fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web