Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,228)

Showing posts 424,541 - 424,560 of530,307
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you my belief that Christ is not God...and that God is not Christ....that is supported by the Catholic Apostle's Creed...that is what it teaches..it is based on Scripture.
You cannot show me the Holy Trinity that shows God is Christ and Christ is God....they are not the same....God said it...Christ said it....read your Bible....
- you can stop pretending to be a Christian now.

-if you are going to interpret sacred scripture like that, you might want to prove that Christ instructed us to do so.

- can you provide a verse where Christ teaches that the Bible is the sole source and provider of teachings on His Ministry?

- if I'm understanding your mindset correctly... you are taking the NT scriptures away from the Church that gathered, labeled and safeguarded em for 1600 + yrs and designing your own religion based on what you see from your eyes, and ignoring what was actually taught by the Apostles when they ALREADY explained their writings???

- how can you walk with balls the size of watermelons??
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So henceforth the name Jesus shall be called Harry.
I have written it, so it will be true.
:)
So, now "translation" means giving something a new name entirely?

I thought it meant the process of translating words or text from one language into another, as you cited.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jew's messiah was never supposed to be a god.
The messiah was supposed to be another warrior like King David, who was also called "son of god."
The sons of the gods on earth were to match up with the gods in the sky.

Even George Bush's god was a supporter of George's war. George praised the son of the god Jesus (ne Ihcuc) in hopes that his father in heaven would help George win the war.

It seemed that George didn't know that Jews don't reside in heaven ... even in their theology.

:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All those in religion will agree with you. That's most of the people in the world.
But the problem is ... you don't agree with each other about who is telling truth and who is telling lies.
I believe all myths of fortune telling are based on misinformation, and that I won't know anything until it happens ... if it even ever does happen.
Please don't include me in "you don't agree with each other" bit....you are making false assumptions.

Of course I don't agree with what Christianity states. IMO - it is incomplete - just because they don't use all the teachings by Jesus.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asking you a question, that you refused to answer. Note the last sentence.
I get it. You will believe that other savior-gods didn't come even the first time around, much less the second time around as promised by other theologians. But you WILL believe that a savior will come the second time around to save you.
Is that because you believe all the other people didn't deserve a savior ... but you are so special that the savior is BOUND to come?
I never mentioned "all" or any of "the other people".
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect conclusion.
The NT of the Bible actually only uses less than six of the original 13 Apostles, and two 3rd generation disciples as its authority.
Why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

Maybe?

Are you saying that if all writing by "supposed" Apostles, are the transmitted Christian message, then you are probable correct, and I would agree with you.(That there are not billions of Gnostic Christians.)

The question comes down to how "open-minded" someone is, and their ability to discern concerning the "supposed" existence of other writings.

I am not saying it is not worth considering. Rather that it may not be for everyone to. I consider that there are different paths that end up on the "spiritual" highway to heaven.

So I may not be locked into orthodoxy, nor locked into progressive views as well. So I try to approach all on their own level, and share a little, and maybe grow a little.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jew's messiah was never supposed to be a god.
The messiah was supposed to be another warrior like King David, who was also called "son of god."
You also refused to address the fact that Jesus taught more than once that we could have his same power. Why would a god say that?
You slander the Jews in order to support your delusion. Thankfully, you can't legally kill them any longer. Nor kill me either. A true God would never need such compulsion.
I don't recall Christ teaching that we were to become God.

....and I didn't slander anyone. Regardless of why they don't believe Christ is the Messiah, Jews don't believe He was the Messiah.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
Catholic priests have apostolic authority (via ordination) as conferred by Christ in the above passages.
Maybe that's why you're having difficulty here.
Without that authority, no man could teach the Gospels authoritatively. We believe the scriptures where Christ ensured that His message will be taught with His authority until His return.
If I understand correctly, your sect does not believe that Christ's ministerial authority on Earth survived past the death of the last apostle.
Something has gone badly wrong then, Dan.
The RCC teaches a miriad of false doctrines which are plainly not biblical.
So many things have been added to the Catholic doctrines it is plain that all of that authority is now gone.
Jesuits and others have mis-interpreted scripture to make them fit pagan ideas.

For one: the RCC teaches natural immortality.
The Bible teaches a resurrection where the just will put on immortality.

PLAINLY a false RCC doctrine. Absolutely NOT what the apostles taught.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm going to counter you here and say that the
ex-Jew Catholics wanting to break away probably DIDN'T reject Jesus' teachings.
Then why aren't Catholics practicing Judaism?

Use your brain now instead of following what you were taught by Catholic theologians TO believe.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
THanks for your honesty it is noted.
If man is inept, and men wrote the Bible, that designates that teh Bible is not of "God", thus is inept.
In other words - you agree with my previous statement of "fallible men cannot define an infallible god."
Thanks for clearing that up.
Men wrote the Gospel of Thomas.

A VERY short time ago, you were so certain that it was definitively instructive that you felt confident mentioning it while "correcting" me.

What happened between then and now?
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You and you nonsensical philosophical jargon could fill a book that might in turn be a best seller to those who prefer jargon.
June VanDerMark:

You aren't tempting me, are you?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

<quoted text>
Not a problem.
Unfortunately, many so-called "Christians" don't realize these teachings that Jesus made. You aren't alone.
But.....you have an opportunity to take a step that they don't understand.
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
One does not have to live in dismay.
Interesting. This book also contradicts Jesus' teachings:

(1)‘If you fast, you will bring forth sin for yourselves.
(2) And if you pray, you will be condemned.
(3) And if you give alms, you will do harm to your spirits.

This is totally contrary to Jesus' teachings.

Perhaps the context of these verses was not included in the writings.
In any case, whoever on here (I forget who) was saying there are no extra biblical references to Jesus needs to check out those links you provided.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why aren't Catholics practicing Judaism?
Use your brain now instead of following what you were taught by Catholic theologians TO believe.
Catholics are Christians. They believed Christ's teachings that He was the Son of God.
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

<quoted text>
THanks for your honesty it is noted.
If man is inept, and men wrote the Bible, that designates that teh Bible is not of "God", thus is inept.
In other words - you agree with my previous statement of "fallible men cannot define an infallible god."
Thanks for clearing that up.
"fallible men cannot define an infallible god."

The Koran, Torah, and Bible all make that point.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
So many things have been added to the Catholic doctrines it is plain that all of that authority is now gone.
Please cite where the Church teaches "natural immortality".

Thanks.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to say what the Bible teaches? What sorta credentials made you an authority on sacred scripture?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you all that?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

"Christ the Conqueror" ... now THAT is a mouthful indeed.

Even if he existed, why was a Greek by the name of Ihcuc trying to conquer others???

http://books.google.ca/books...
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming we put that issue to bed, you adhere to the Real Presence in the Eucharist, auricular confession and infant baptism? All taught by the Apostles, as you correctly point out as authoritative to genuine Christian belief and practice.

Thanks
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Did a man named Jesus who did good deeds exist in Judea 2,000 years ago? Quite possibly. Was he the son of God? Only christians claim so.
How long did it take you to research these hand picked individuals that are pro-biased Jesus?
I can give you a longer list of contemporary writers from that era, who wrote exclusively about the Jews that speak nothing of a god/man named Jesus.......not your list of modern day thinkers who use their own personal opinion to come up with their theories.
UNBELIEVABLE!
For a flip flop guy like yourself who told us he is leaving this forum because he doesn't like it, then quietly returns, why would anyone trust what you have to say?
It took me about 30 seconds to find the citations at the bottom of the wiki page I linked from atheist, secularist, and agnostic historians.

Here's an example of what they say:

"He certainly existed, as virtually every competent scholar of antiquity, Christian or non-Christian, agrees"

"In recent years,'no serious scholar has ventured to postulate the non historicity of Jesus' or at any rate very few, and they have not succeeded in disposing of the much stronger, indeed very abundant, evidence to the contrary."

"There are those who argue that Jesus is a figment of the Church’s imagination, that there never was a Jesus at all. I have to say that I do not know any respectable critical scholar who says that any more."

"biblical scholars and classical historians regard theories of non-existence of Jesus as effectively refuted"

" the theories of non-existence of Jesus are "a thoroughly dead thesis"

"Today nearly all historians, whether Christians or not, accept that Jesus existed".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...

Mike, you're a bored, retired, anti-Catholic/Christian amatuer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 424,541 - 424,560 of530,307
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••