Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654087 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#440508 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to guess you're mentally ill and just leave it at that.
..or at least I pray that's the case so you have a good excuse when you look Christ in the eye someday.
I, a SBC church member, fully embrace, accept, live by, the teaching I showed you from the Catholic Apostle's Creed, Scripture, and the Catholic encyclopedia, that says God is not Christ and Christ is not God.. You, a Catholic, totally reject this teaching.

Remember what I said, whenever you pray this prayer, as in parroting the rosary, you are lying...you do not believe God is God and Christ is His Son...

Why don't you contact the pope....tell him to correct the Apostle's Creed, so it will teach what you are saying. Tell him, also, to correct the Catholic Encyclopedia so it teaches what you are saying...

No need to tell him to correct the Bible...he doesn't follow its teaching...he trumps it with "tradition" and the magnasterium (am sure that is misspelled)...
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#440509 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
.... You simply can not take the Bible into your conspiracy fanatical world. Its not where it belongs.
On the contrary, I believe that the RCC rides rough on biblical doctrine.
It perverts every truth in it.
Take this for example...

"That there is only One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church we are compelled by faith to believe and hold, and we firmly believe in her and sincerely confess her, outside of whom there is neither salvation nor remission of sins... Furthermore we declare, state and define that it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of all human beings that they submit to the Roman Pontiff."
POPE BONIFACE VIII Unam Sanctam (November 18, 1302 AD)

Throughout the centuries of Rome's existence, the popes have regularly claimed to be divine. As the supposed successor of Peter, the Pope claims infallibility, the position of God on Earth, and ability to judge and excommunicate angels.

A king kissing the Pope's foot. The Catholic Council of Trent in 1545 declared this:

We define that the Holy Apostolic See and the Roman Pontiff hold primacy over the whole world.

In the same century, Cardinal Robert Bellarmine stated this:

All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that he is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.

In 1895 an article from the Catholic National said this:

The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, but he is Jesus Christ, Himself, hidden under the veil of flesh.
He [the Pope] can pronounce sentences and judgments in contradiction to the rights of nations, to the law of God and man...He can free himself from the commands of the apostles, he being their superior, and from the rules of the Old Testament...The Pope has power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ.

In 1512 Christopher Marcellus said this to Pope Julius II:

Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husbandman, thou art finally another God on earth.

The Gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII says this:

To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical.

And speaking about the same document, Father A. Pereira said this:

It is quite certain that Popes have never disapproved or rejected this title "Lord God the Pope" for the passage in the gloss referred to appears in the edition of the Canon Law published in Rome by Gregory XIII.

The pope can pronounce sentences and judgments in contradiction to the rights of nations, to the law of God and man...?????

Contradiction to the Bible?

So how does this fit in with your beliefs?
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#440510 May 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
He has been calling people some ugly name lately.
This is the only way they can defend their horrific church.
Name calling is what 5 year olds do.

How can this be apostolic??????

Prayers for dead people
Making the sign of the cross
Veneration of angels, dead saints, and images
Exaltation of Mary, term "Mother of God"
Extreme Unction
Purgatory
Prayers offered to Mary and angels
Pope
Veneration of cross, images, relics
Holy water
Baptism saves
Mary forever virgin
Fasting on Fridays and Lent
Celibacy of priests creating the perverts you have today
Rosary
The Inquisition
Seven Sacraments
Transubstantiation
Infant baptism
Adoration of a cracker
Deny the Lord's Supper cup to laity
Tradition of equal authority with the Bible
Apocrypha books added to the Bible
Immaculate Conception of Mary
Infallibility of man whom you call Pope
Assumption of Mary
Mary proclaimed the "Mother of the Church"

Location hidden

#440511 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry bro, but I spent a great deal of time last month going over all your crap. And I was nice about it. If you want respect, you'll quit posting lies about Catholics.
And my 'mentally ill' assertion about Ox was no joke; no insult. It was a sincere statement out of concern for his soul. You simply can not take the Bible into your conspiracy fanatical world. Its not where it belongs.
bro
n. pl. bros Slang
1. A brother.

Any idea why a man or boy would use "Tiger Lady" on this forum???!!!!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#440512 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the RCC?--MEN--Did god say to the world that "they" were given "credentials" to be the sole interpreters of the ALL?
NO.
Jesus is probably rolling over in his grave seeing what they have done in his name.
Jesus is probably rolling over in his grave?? I didn't know He had one.

Jesus never commanded a Bible be compiled to dictate His ministry. If you believe otherwise, you must provide book, chapter and verse where He says it.
In fact, this false teaching of 'Bible Alone' was not invented til the 16th century.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#440513 May 13, 2013
Seventh-Day Adventists are NOT Christians!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...
(evangelical protestant)

Bible Truth vs Adventist Truth
Straight Talk on the Dangers of Seventh-day Adventism
http://www.nonsda.org/study12.shtml
(another of the 40k+ protestant cults)

Are Seventh-Day Adventists Christians or a Cult?
(most fundies vote cult!)
http://www.probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsEoG/b.422...

Facts Seventh-day Adventists Won't Tell You
http://mmoutreachinc.com/seventh_day_adventis...
(another fundie site that casts a vote for cult!)

The Seventh-Day Adventists
Christian or cultic in nature?
The Seventh-Day Adventists are an anomaly. Evangelical Christians have never been comfortable with them. The majority view among contemporary cult-watchers is that it is a cult.
http://lamblion.com/articles/articles_cults14...
(Ooo, not lookin' too good for you folks.)
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#440514 May 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I, a SBC church member, fully embrace, accept, live by, the teaching I showed you from the Catholic Apostle's Creed, Scripture, and the Catholic encyclopedia, that says God is not Christ and Christ is not God.. You, a Catholic, totally reject this teaching.
Remember what I said, whenever you pray this prayer, as in parroting the rosary, you are lying...you do not believe God is God and Christ is His Son...
Why don't you contact the pope....tell him to correct the Apostle's Creed, so it will teach what you are saying. Tell him, also, to correct the Catholic Encyclopedia so it teaches what you are saying...
No need to tell him to correct the Bible...he doesn't follow its teaching...he trumps it with "tradition" and the magnasterium (am sure that is misspelled)...
Well, you've got at least one friend here. LTM agrees with you that Jesus isn't God.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#440515 May 13, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary, I believe that the RCC rides rough on biblical doctrine.
It perverts every truth in it.
Take this for example...
"That there is only One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church we are compelled by faith to believe and hold, and we firmly believe in her and sincerely confess her, outside of whom there is neither salvation nor remission of sins... Furthermore we declare, state and define that it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of all human beings that they submit to the Roman Pontiff."
POPE BONIFACE VIII Unam Sanctam (November 18, 1302 AD)
Throughout the centuries of Rome's existence, the popes have regularly claimed to be divine. As the supposed successor of Peter, the Pope claims infallibility, the position of God on Earth, and ability to judge and excommunicate angels.
A king kissing the Pope's foot. The Catholic Council of Trent in 1545 declared this:
We define that the Holy Apostolic See and the Roman Pontiff hold primacy over the whole world.
In the same century, Cardinal Robert Bellarmine stated this:
All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that he is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.
In 1895 an article from the Catholic National said this:
The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, but he is Jesus Christ, Himself, hidden under the veil of flesh.
He [the Pope] can pronounce sentences and judgments in contradiction to the rights of nations, to the law of God and man...He can free himself from the commands of the apostles, he being their superior, and from the rules of the Old Testament...The Pope has power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ.
In 1512 Christopher Marcellus said this to Pope Julius II:
Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husbandman, thou art finally another God on earth.
The Gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII says this:
To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical.
And speaking about the same document, Father A. Pereira said this:
It is quite certain that Popes have never disapproved or rejected this title "Lord God the Pope" for the passage in the gloss referred to appears in the edition of the Canon Law published in Rome by Gregory XIII.
The pope can pronounce sentences and judgments in contradiction to the rights of nations, to the law of God and man...?????
Contradiction to the Bible?
So how does this fit in with your beliefs?
This is slander. Nobody outside of a few fanatical cults subscribe to your ridiculous excuse for a religion. I can see the zombie-like trance amongst your faces as you read through revelations and apply it to your pamphlets.
Pope's claim to be Divine?? Now THAT'S one accusation from your compounds I haven't come across yet. lol that's a good one!

Just outta curiosity, are you an SDA member? The Apocalyptic cult started by Amy Smith I believe? Unfortunately her victims couldn't cross check her propaganda, so she was able to snatch them into her goofy religion.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#440516 May 13, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you've got at least one friend here. LTM agrees with you that Jesus isn't God.
Really? I did not know that.

How can a Baptist believe Jesus is not God? Do they have a new spinoff from the spinoffs now?
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#440517 May 13, 2013
Regina wrote:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...
(evangelical protestant)
Bible Truth vs Adventist Truth
Straight Talk on the Dangers of Seventh-day Adventism
http://www.nonsda.org/study12.shtml
(another of the 40k+ protestant cults)
Are Seventh-Day Adventists Christians or a Cult?
(most fundies vote cult!)
http://www.probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsEoG/b.422...
Facts Seventh-day Adventists Won't Tell You
http://mmoutreachinc.com/seventh_day_adventis...
(another fundie site that casts a vote for cult!)
The Seventh-Day Adventists
Christian or cultic in nature?
The Seventh-Day Adventists are an anomaly. Evangelical Christians have never been comfortable with them. The majority view among contemporary cult-watchers is that it is a cult.
http://lamblion.com/articles/articles_cults14...
(Ooo, not lookin' too good for you folks.)
If I may, I would like to better define the lines between a Christian church and an actual cult. All too often the word cult is addressed to people that believe in the second coming, trust the Bible, or just plain home school their children. What amazes me is how often it is the Catholic church that labels people with the title cult, when they themselves sport all the earmarks of a cult. This is an ancient technique designed to hide the truth in plain sight.

When the commandment keeping, prophecy understanding children of God came out of hiding about 200 years ago, the Roman church with their many millions of members decided they should be immediately tagged a cult. Reason being, not only were these Christians embracing the Law of God as a fruit of true Christianity, they also had an uncanny ability to match prophetic facts with historic documentation. Rome of course didn’t like that one bit. They feared their message because they were the ones being unmasked. Every prophecy that has ever been uttered in Scripture regarding Antichrist was now being uncovered and explained using un-refutable evidence. The finger was pointing directly at the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church. Thousands of years of History had now afforded these Christians with ample evidence that was readily available. To lend credence to their message, the Bible itself was now being printed for the common man allowing him to verify all that was being said. No more did the Vatican have the ability to burn the bibles and translate them into the dead Latin language. The prophetic fulfillment of the Bible’s ability to witness absolute truth has allowed almost anyone with a competent knowledge of history a valid method by which to identify Antichrist. Rome knew they had no way of defending itself with the Bible because it was the very book exposing them. Instead, they reared up on their heels, took a deep breath, and yelled CULT as loud as she could to try and prevent the truth from exposing them as the true and easily identified as well as prophecied Cult of ages.

Ooh. Not too good for Catholics either.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#440518 May 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
bro
n. pl. bros Slang
1. A brother.
Any idea why a man or boy would use "Tiger Lady" on this forum???!!!!
I thought Tiger Lily was a plant from China.

Any idea why someone would read 'Tiger Lily' and say its 'Tiger Lady'?????!!!!
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#440519 May 13, 2013
Catholics worship a Quadune.

"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, he is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh." Catholic National July 1895.
"We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty" ...Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20, 1894,
"For thou art the shepherd, thou art the physician, thou art the director, thou art the husbandman, finally thou art another God on earth." Labbe and Cossart's "History of the Councils." Vol. XIV, col. 109

The title "Lord God the Pope" is found within a gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII, title 14, chapter 4, In an Antwerp edition of the Extravagantes, the words, "Dominum Deum Nostrum Papam" (Our Lord God the Pope) can be found in column 153. In a Paris edition, they are found in column 140.

"The pope is the supreme judge of the law of the land ... He is the vicegerent of Christ, and is not only a priest forever, but also King of kings and Lord of lords"--La Civilta Cattolica, March 18, 1871.

"It seems that Pope John Paul II now presides over the universal Church from his place upon Christ's cross," said Bishop Dunn, who travelled with seven other prelates to Rome. Taken from an article entitled, "Auckland Bishop Says Pope Presides From the Cross" AUCKLAND, New Zealand, SEPT. 20, 2004 -Zenit.org (Article # ZE04092001)

Location hidden

#440520 May 13, 2013
514 488
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
They shared the same Divinity...same Deity...but, one was not the other...

Why Catholics reject this teaching...from the Catholic Encyclopedia is beyond me: Christ - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race......

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440521 May 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I just won't tempt God.
When you don't worship Allah, you ARE tempting Allah. He only likes Muslims.

:)
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#440522 May 13, 2013
Every cult has a single powerful human leader.

In fact, all cult leaders will proclaim themselves a god on earth.

Do you recall Jim Jones? or Charles Manson?

They both proclaimed themselves to be Jesus Christ.

Did you know the Pope does this as well?

Read the post #440517.

Quesnel, Canada

#440523 May 13, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may, I would like to better define the lines between a Christian church and an actual cult.
Either all religions are cults, or they're all worthy of praise.

I suggest you stop being greedy, and tell others that their gods and or goddesses love them even if they don't worship the way you worship.

That would be quite the ex-change ... don't you think?

Quesnel, Canada

#440524 May 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
514 488
<quoted text>
They shared the same Divinity...same Deity...but, one was not the other...
Why Catholics reject this teaching...from the Catholic Encyclopedia is beyond me: Christ - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race......
When you comprehend why others reject your belief, you will know why you reject theirs.

It's all based on arrogance.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#440525 May 13, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may, I would like to better define the lines between a Christian church and an actual cult. All too often the word cult is addressed to people that believe in the second coming, trust the Bible, or just plain home school their children. What amazes me is how often it is the Catholic church that labels people with the title cult, when they themselves sport all the earmarks of a cult. This is an ancient technique designed to hide the truth in plain sight.
When the commandment keeping, prophecy understanding children of God came out of hiding about 200 years ago, the Roman church with their many millions of members decided they should be immediately tagged a cult. Reason being, not only were these Christians embracing the Law of God as a fruit of true Christianity, they also had an uncanny ability to match prophetic facts with historic documentation. Rome of course didn’t like that one bit. They feared their message because they were the ones being unmasked. Every prophecy that has ever been uttered in Scripture regarding Antichrist was now being uncovered and explained using un-refutable evidence. The finger was pointing directly at the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church. Thousands of years of History had now afforded these Christians with ample evidence that was readily available. To lend credence to their message, the Bible itself was now being printed for the common man allowing him to verify all that was being said. No more did the Vatican have the ability to burn the bibles and translate them into the dead Latin language. The prophetic fulfillment of the Bible’s ability to witness absolute truth has allowed almost anyone with a competent knowledge of history a valid method by which to identify Antichrist. Rome knew they had no way of defending itself with the Bible because it was the very book exposing them. Instead, they reared up on their heels, took a deep breath, and yelled CULT as loud as she could to try and prevent the truth from exposing them as the true and easily identified as well as prophecied Cult of ages.
Ooh. Not too good for Catholics either.
That's taking Conspiracy Christianity to another level!

You are saying the Bible (all 72 Books or 66?) are the sole source of authority on Jesus Christ?

Could you kindly state where Jesus or God says that?

Do you think the Bible just fell out of the sky and everyone read it and started forming religions? No way Tiger. You guys might do that now, but that's not how Christianity began.

Quesnel, Canada

#440526 May 13, 2013
Regina wrote:

Quesnel, Canada

#440527 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice that you conveniently left out the rest of my post. Why is that?
Here I will repost it in it's proper context...
"There is really no "mysterious truth" about it. Only ignorance of self and knowledge.
I don't know what non-human forms of life might be capable of understanding, so I can't judge their understanding of their environment, or whether they may be capable of cognizance to the degree we have...let alone whether they could or do communicate it."
Try to comprehend what it actually says....Your reply shows that you either do not have the ability to comprehend what was written, or you are deliberately obstinate in the discussion.
You've pulled that stunt on me before ... several times.

You preach about some knowledge that others (including me) can't quite grasp because you have it and we don't.

I don't believe you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Truthmakeyafreebaby 10,208
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web