Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703710 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#440477 May 13, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Then there were these doctrines added...
1480 AD The Inquisition (of Spain)
1495 AD Papal control of marriage rights
1534 AD Order of Jesuits founded by Loyola
1545 AD Man-made tradition of church made equal to Bible (Council of Trent)
1545 AD Apocryphal books added to Bible (Council of Trent)
1546 AD Justification by human works of merit
1546 AD Mass universally said in Latin (see 600 AD)
1547 AD Confirmation
1560 AD Personal opinions of Pope Pius IV imposed as the official creed
1864 AD Syllabus Errorum [Syllabus of Errors] proclaimed that "Catholic countries" could not tolerate other religions,(no freedom of religion), conscience, separation of church and State condemned, asserted the Pope's temporal authority over all civil rulers (Ratified by Pope Pius IX and Vatican Council) condemned.
1870 AD Infallibility of Pope (Vatican council)
1908 AD All Catholics should be christened into the church
1930 AD Public Schools condemned by Pope Pius XII (see 1864 AD)
1950 AD Sinners prayer, invented by Billy Sunday and made popular by Billy Graham.(Some Catholics now use this)
1950 AD Assumption of the body of the Virgin Mary into heaven shortly after her death.(Pope Pius XII)
1954 AD Immaculate conception of Mary proclaimed by Pope Pius XII
1995 AD The use of girls in the traditional altar boy duties
1996 AD Catholics can believe in Evolution (Pope John Paul II)
and so it goes on....
Words can't describe what an idiot you are. I could take the time to refute your whole cult pamphlet. But what for? You're not interested in truth.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440478 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Saying says.........God has gradually revealed Himself to us.
MICHAEL says..........How so?
If Muslims claim Allah has gradually revealed himself to us, would you believe that Just Sayin?
We KNOW how science and learning has gradually revealed itself to us.

So far, no admissible evidence of any gods.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440479 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe the same supposed mysterious truth was shown to non-human forms of life?
If not ... what is the purpose for their suffering.
There is really no "mysterious truth" about it. Only ignorance of self and knowledge.

I don't know what non-human forms of life might be capable of understanding, so I can't judge their understanding of their environment, or whether they may be capable of cognizance to the degree we have...let alone whether they could or do communicate it.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440480 May 13, 2013
Every soldier of god believes he/she owns the truth.

Now, if only they could stop calling each other liars, that would be comparable to a breath of fresh air.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#440481 May 13, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say I was an authority?
Is the Bible only for scholars such as yourself?
I have studied for over 55 years what the scriptures teach.
If I studied piano for that long, I would be Liberace.
Are you trying to tell us what the Bible says or not??
You conspiracy Christian fanatics are only relevant within your respective compounds.
All you got is age old cult propaganda and slander. You been proven to be full of deceit and you know it.
If your interested in what the Apostles actually taught, then read the writings of their Disciples or early Church fathers.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440482 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is really no "mysterious truth" about it. Only ignorance of self and knowledge.
I don't know what non-human forms of life might be capable of understanding, so I can't judge their understanding of their environment, or whether they may be capable of cognizance to the degree we have...let alone whether they could or do communicate it.
What knowledge do you believe belongs to you that others don't have in their possessions?

And why do believe if there is a divine plan for humans that other animals don't have the same contact as you seem to believe you have with this universal force or whatever term you favor?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#440484 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
.

Hello Pretty Parrot.:) Missed ya... It's hot here today!
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440485 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is really no "mysterious truth" about it. Only ignorance of self and knowledge.
WOW! You are some arrogant!

To claim self-knowledge, is to insinuate that others who don't see it your way, don't HAVE your knowledge.

You don't know your self any more than any other person knows their self, and that in all humans leaves much to be desired.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440486 May 13, 2013
I am reminded of the idea that Jews won't eat pork, and yet, according to an elderly Jew who lived in wretched conditions during Hitler's reign of terror, Jews were eating human flesh.

We aren't so holy as we think. Many of us are just more fortunate than others.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#440487 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Words can't describe what an idiot you are. I could take the time to refute your whole cult pamphlet. But what for? You're not interested in truth.
Likewise, Clay.

I have seen the refutations. Clever but idiotic at the same time.
It is historic evidence that the RCC is NOT apostolic at all.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#440488 May 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing to "interpret!!!!"
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,
He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty
Since you erroneously believe God is Christ and Christ is God...you are lying every time you pray the Apostle's Creed...
I'm going to guess you're mentally ill and just leave it at that.
..or at least I pray that's the case so you have a good excuse when you look Christ in the eye someday.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440489 May 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep - and yet - people still think it is possible - because they believe the writings of men and somehow fear that if they don't they go to some place of torment.
Why does religion instill fear instead of love?
How about fear under the cloak of love.

Somehow, the same "God who loves you" might punish you severely for reasons unknown. We can't say who for certain, but we are told that "few are chosen."

Can we truly love such a God-tyrant out of genuine admiration and respect, or is fear the real motive?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440490 May 13, 2013
January 28, 2013 – NORTH KOREA – Hungry parents in North Korea have been caught eating their children to avoid starvation, according to reports. One father is said to have been executed by firing squad for killing his two kids for food. And it has sparked fears there could be further cases of cannibalism in the country. The Sunday Times told how undercover reporters recorded several horror stories from inside the poverty-stricken nation. They included one man who dug up his grandchild’s corpse to eat and another who boiled his child and ate the flesh. Thousands of North Koreans are feared to be starving to death while their chubby leader Kim Jong-Un regularly dines on banquets.

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440491 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Words can't describe what an idiot you are. I could take the time to refute your whole cult pamphlet. But what for? You're not interested in truth.
Where in the Bible are public schools condemned?

Or Mary ascending into Heaven?

Those are obviously added. I think all the rest are Biblical.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#440492 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to guess you're mentally ill and just leave it at that.
..or at least I pray that's the case so you have a good excuse when you look Christ in the eye someday.
Yeah, right!
Oxbow is mentally ill and I am an idiot.
Is this how you defend your pathetic church?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440493 May 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to tell us what the Bible says or not??
Are we to believe that you have the correct interpretations of the bible, and those who disagree with you are wrong???

Do you not perceive your own arrogance?
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#440494 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
January 28, 2013 – NORTH KOREA – Hungry parents in North Korea have been caught eating their children to avoid starvation, according to reports. One father is said to have been executed by firing squad for killing his two kids for food. And it has sparked fears there could be further cases of cannibalism in the country. The Sunday Times told how undercover reporters recorded several horror stories from inside the poverty-stricken nation. They included one man who dug up his grandchild’s corpse to eat and another who boiled his child and ate the flesh. Thousands of North Koreans are feared to be starving to death while their chubby leader Kim Jong-Un regularly dines on banquets.
http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...
Kim Jong Un has three trains to transport him around North Korea. Each has a banquet prepared on it.
He choses the train he will embark. The others also travel as decoys.

Interestin. Thanks, June
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440495 May 13, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Bible are public schools condemned?
Or Mary ascending into Heaven?
Those are obviously added. I think all the rest are Biblical.
The preaching that Jews fell for the Catholic religion is ONLY of the new testament.

The old testament favored Jews ... not Catholics or Protestants, or Muslims ... which are all morphed offshoots of Judaism.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440496 May 13, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Kim Jong Un has three trains to transport him around North Korea. Each has a banquet prepared on it.
He choses the train he will embark. The others also travel as decoys.
Interestin. Thanks, June
Humans are all selfish ... but he, as are many others is the epitome of selfishness.

And you're welcome.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440497 May 13, 2013
Christians infer that the old testament mentioned that Jesus was coming to save the people of the world.

That means that the Jews wrote in the old testament that one of their own was going to support Catholicism as the answer to all the world's problems.

I don't think so!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1