Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685654 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440438 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
To be correct, they teach that they know what God teaches in scripture, not what God "knows".
No priest I ever met told me what God knows or doesn't know.
Only Michael and Religion A Delusion do that.
"they teach that they know what God teaches in scripture, not what God "knows"."

How is this possible? Guessing?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#440439 May 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT CATHOLIC, THIS IS EYE OPENING
When the Catholic Church was founded, there were no hospitals. Today, one out of five people in this country receive their medical care at a Catholic hospital.
When the Catholic Church was founded, there were no schools. Today, the Catholic Church teaches 3 million students a day, in its more than 250 Catholic Colleges and Universities, in its more than 1200 Catholic High Schools and its more than 5000 Catholic grade schools.
Every day, the Catholic Church feeds, clothes, shelters and educates more people than any other organization in the world.
The new Obama Health Mandate could end all this and the tax payers would have to make up the loss.
Also, all Catholic adoption services would come to an end. A human disaster.
There are more than 77 million Catholics in this country. It takes an estimated 50 million Catholic votes to elect a president. I am asking all of you to go to the polls in 2014 and be united in replacing all Senators and Reps with someone who will respect the Catholic Church, all Christians, and all Religions besides Islam.
Mr. President, you said, "The USA is not a Christian Nation". You are wrong we are a Christian Nation founded on Judeo-Christian values allowing all religions in America to Worship & Practice Freely. Something Islam will never do.
Oh, by he way, on MUSLIM HERITAGE IN America
Have you ever been to a Muslim hospital ?
Have you heard a Muslim orchestra?
Have you seen a Muslim band march in a parade?
Have you witnessed a Muslim charity?
Have you seen Muslims shaking hands with a Muslim Girl Scout?
Have you seen a Muslim Candy Striper?
Have your seen a Muslim do anything that contributes positively to the American way of life?
your a moron you know that,if a Muslim finds out what you said an who you are i'd be afraid to start my car in the morning,your dealing with people who blow themselves up for their religious beliefs,your as dumb as the pope who insulted Islam,and in return,they blew up a church or two in Africa,and probably planning more,as far as hospitals and schools go there closing pretty much on a daily basis it's more like one out five catholic hospitals,schools,churches are closing practically every day,your stats must of come from a catholic web site no doubt.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440440 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian belief and practice until the Reformation.
I'll give ya that much Dan.

:)

Albuquerque, NM

#440441 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You KNOW that ... do you?
:)
No I don't, but then again, I've never seen it stated (by "Him") in any existing texts.

Since that is the case, "He" never stated it is my conclusion. And will continue with this belief until someone shows me otherwise.

Do you have something that shows otherwise? If you do, you will enlighten me today.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440442 May 13, 2013
From the time Catholicism took full control in the Roman empire, those who were not Catholic were tortured imprisoned and put to death if they dared to not conform to the will of the popes.

It's not something of which to BE proud ... but if ya tell them they will saved ... they will come ... and as history proved .... they will follow.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#440443 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says......Working for the Canadian Department of Motor Vehicles for 30 years does things to people.
Michael laughs and says.........wrong AGAIN Toni! as usual, but I do know a couple men who do work in the Motor vehicle department in our city. Great job/great benefits just for filling in forms I understand.
....When the sacred rites of Demeter at Eleusis are described as bringing believers happiness in their ETERNAL LIFE, we understand that as a myth..........now where have I heard such a similar story? Eternal life!!. Not unique to christianity.
....When Vespatian's spittle healed a blind man, we understand that as a myth..........now where have I heard such a similar story?......I thought there was only 1 blind man story?
......When Dionysus turned water into wine, we understand that as a myth. When Dionysus believers are filled with atay, the Spirit of God we understand that as a myth......Water into wine??? Have I heard that somewhere before??....another very similar story that christianity taught long after.
Does christianity have any customs/traditions that weren't practiced by others before? Not many.
For thousands of years practiced god/men, goddesses, and centuries later here comes a man and guess what? He too is a god/man but he is the real godman. Wouldn't one believe christianity would not have paralleled what others did before and had their very stories of truth?
Ok, you worked in the motor pool, sorry.

I thought we were talking about the historicity of Jesus? I provided evidence by experts across a wide spectrum of beliefs and they all agree with me. Feel free to cite your goofy sources.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#440444 May 13, 2013
A Philadelphia doctor was found guilty Monday of murdering three babies born alive in an abortion clinic.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/13/jury-spl...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#440445 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
When Alexander the Great born several hundred years before the Jesus story is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.
When Jesus born centuries later is described by christians as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, christians understand that as a fact.
Why would christianity use the same elements of belief of fictional god/men that came before to create their similar story?
Nothing proprietary about christianity.........all done before.
....something is wrong Anthony.
DEVASTATING!
It won't sink in unless they allow it to sink in ... and that promise of salvation is all-encompassing, as it satiates their appetites of self indulgence.

Albuquerque, NM

#440446 May 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
To the best of my knowledge Jesus never denied being a Jew.
And....never admitted it either.

Looks like we are back to square one in regards what we should claim his religious belief is, huh?

We know he didn't coin the word "Christian", and we know he wasn't Greek - because he supposedly spoke out and stated "give Caeser what is his, and God what is His." (paraphrased of course)- in showing and maintaining a seperateness from Judiasm and regional beliefs.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#440447 May 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't, but then again, I've never seen it stated (by "Him") in any existing texts.
Since that is the case, "He" never stated it is my conclusion. And will continue with this belief until someone shows me otherwise.
Do you have something that shows otherwise? If you do, you will enlighten me today.
If you believe the words never came from a god ... why do you preach as though you believe in the existence of a god?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#440448 May 13, 2013
marge wrote:
A Philadelphia doctor was found guilty Monday of murdering three babies born alive in an abortion clinic.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/13/jury-spl...
Oh my goodness ... more about the doctor that broke the law.

How about if you now post about Doctor Morgentaler and all the women he saved from being butchered by back-street abortionists???

Would you mind?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#440449 May 13, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
God has gradually revealed Himself to us
When???

I don't see him helping starving babies or adults, or those who beg for mercy as they suffer in long-term care facilities.

I don't see him caring about the wild animals that die by fang, sharp teeth, claws and venom.

I don't see him caring about the tame animals that are horribly abused by humans that take them in when they are tiny and cute and then beat them sometimes to death when they are older.

I don't see him anywhere where he is needed.

I only see that you believe he will come to save YOU and reject other humans.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#440450 May 13, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is there.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/02429a.htm
they left out the good parts:, Benedict led a highly immoral life, and was accused of various rapes, adulteries, and murders. According to St. Peter Damian, Benedict was “a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest,” and his carousing eventually caused him to be forcefully expelled from Rome.Benedict managed to regain his throne, but then – surprise, surprise!– he was sidetracked by a prospective marriage (to his cousin) and sold the papal chair for a significant amount of money to his godfather, a priest who named himself Pope Gregory VI.

JETHRO:WHY DID THEY LEAVE THIS OUT? IT'S PART OF HIS HISTORY AS POPE?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#440451 May 13, 2013
You people KNOW you only favor your own religious cults. You KNOW that ... and still you don't see that it's all self-indulgence in what you believe your religion does for YOU.

Vanity is yours to behold ... and you idolize the images of gods that you are certain idolize you.

Albuquerque, NM

#440452 May 13, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
God has gradually revealed Himself to us, so, yes, there are certain things I can know about Him. I would certainly not claim to know *everything* about Him.
What has "God" revealed to you that would allow you to "know many things about Him"?

Why hasn't "He" did this for the rest of mankind - if "His" goal is to indeed, have everyone follow "Him"?

Why hasn't all other religions been disbanded because of what "He revealed to you"?

I'd figure, if you have had miraculous "God" induced help, I'd think you would be all over the world preaching this message and showing the video proof that "He" assisted you in a good way.

I want this "good" too.

Why are you a sole individual and others have not been included?

Are you afraid "God" won't like you doing that - for "Him"?

Your statement seems to be missing some critical information for others.

Please clarify.

Thanks!

Albuquerque, NM

#440453 May 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
Remembering my journey through various religions, and experiencing different cultures brings me from my past to the present. And I can say that being at "one" with God has been the central issue in all that past, so I continue forward.
So that is the cross I carry:
Astonished, wearied, dismayed, happy.
....Self....

No religion required.

Thanks for responding.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440454 May 13, 2013
Does this story sound familiar?

It is obvious why a Roman Emperor might take a fancy to it.

"Romulus is born of a vestal virgin, which was a priestess of the hearth god Vesta sworn to celibacy. His mother claims that the divine impregnated her."

http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-christ-lik...

More....

"Romulus is hailed as the son of god. He is “snatched away to heaven” by a whirlwind, and he makes post mortem appearances.

In his work Numa Pompilius, Plutarch records that there was a darkness covering the earth before his death (Just as there was during Jesus’ death according to Mark 15:33).

He also states that Romulus is to be know afterwards as ‘Quirinus’; A god which belonged to the Archiac Triad (a “triple deity” similar to the concept of the Trinity)."
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440455 May 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
When Alexander the Great born several hundred years before the Jesus story is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.
When Jesus born centuries later is described by christians as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, christians understand that as a fact.
Why would christianity use the same elements of belief of fictional god/men that came before to create their similar story?
Nothing proprietary about christianity.........all done before.
....something is wrong Anthony.
DEVASTATING!
Dionysus was born of a virgin on December 25 and, as the Holy Child, was placed in a manger. He was a traveling teacher who performed miracles. He “rode in a triumphal procession on an ass.” He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification. Dionysus rose from the dead on March 25. He was the God of the Vine, and turned water into wine. He was called “King of Kings” and “God of Gods.” He was considered the “Only Begotten Son,” Savior,”“Redeemer,”“Sin Bearer,” Anointed One,” and the “Alpha and Omega.” He was identified with the Ram or Lamb. His sacrificial title of “Dendrites” or “Young Man of the Tree” intimates he was hung on a tree or crucified.

http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-christ-lik...

They are all born of virgins. Daddy-god is a real racal.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#440456 May 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
First you will need to define the term "the Church".
And since you haven't yet, you really can determine what or what is not immortal.
As of today, there isn't one person on this planet whom is immortal.
Maybe you are reading more into the poster's statement than required.
The very essence of energy that you derived from in your biological form is "immortal". Every exchange of that essence you ever have in linear time(as you know it) is affected and effected by that exchange(from immortal essence), and becomes integral with the non linear essence of eternity- eternally...and so you were- you are- and you always shall be.
We have been shown that truth all through our known existence(and probably even before). The ancients taught it, and Jesus tried to convey this message to the world in a time when it was all but lost.
He was murdered by the greedy mongers of his day for it...who usurped his position and obfuscated the truth of it, keeping the world in "slavery" and ignorance--exactly where the oppressors want us...supporting their elitism.
You CAN become one with the ALL.

Albuquerque, NM

#440457 May 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where "exactly" did he ever state that? Show me.
This doctrine/dogma has been in litigation for centuries.

The gent who wrote this book, tries to describe the many changes that occurred in the "Christian" community during the early, formible years:

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Wars-Patriarchs-E...

It appears that brute force was a catalyst in people changing their mind. I'm glad this doesn't go on today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,840
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web