Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637353 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440244 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post doesn't read like meticulous Roman records.
Can I see some of those?
There are Roman records of Jesus' crucifixion?

Citation please.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440245 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep on deflecting.
I believe Jesus was and is a myth created by Catholic theologians and that such a man never walked the earth. Have you got it now?
Do you believe it's possible that if the other supposed saviors never came again as the theologians promised ... that maybe Jesus won't come either???
Jesus was indeed a man, and his is not in doubt by historians.

The belief in Jesus as Son of God is subjective, but not his actual existence on Earth as a human being.
Human Being

Breaux Bridge, LA

#440246 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
It's safe for me to believe that the old savior gods were not real.
But if I dare touch on the idea that Jesus was and is not real ... the Christians are insulted beyond belief.
Yet they can insult all other religions as false and they see that as a fair game on a level playing field.
Self-indulgence is the name of the religious game ... and it is NOT at all funny.
June VanDerMark:

Try Pascal's Wager(if you have heard of it)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager

In a decision making process, such as if God(Jesus) exists, or does not exist, some Christians face such questions in their faith. So your perceptions assume all Christians don't have their faith tested? Not true.

Is eccentric behavior an excuse for not reasoning in some cases?

Albuquerque, NM

#440247 May 13, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
So let us pray to the xian god:
"Dear Jesus, please make yourself known to mankind by curing all cancer tomorrow. We ask and pray exactly as you taught us in the Bible. Amen."
It didn't work last week. Maybe this week.
So-called "Christians" will probably lay claim to these scientists findings - and claim "God did it".

http://thetechjournal.com/science/a-new-prote...

Since: Sep 09

Houston, Canada

#440248 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If I believe in Jesus and His teachings, I believe that He will come again.
You again avoided answering part of my question. I'll try again.

Is it POSSIBLE from your perspective that Jesus will not come again either, as occurred with all the other supposed saviors that were supposed to come again.

Houston, Canada

#440249 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was indeed a man, and his is not in doubt by historians.
ONLY Christian historians ... who in turn have no doubt that they will be saved if only they keep the faith.

Albuquerque, NM

#440250 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are certain that because you believe in a specific religion, YOU are special, and when I disagree, you are intent on proving me wrong.
....which sounds like your last post as you stated to me.

Yes June - I am paying attention.

Self.

Learn it, live it, love it. It's not going away.

Houston, Canada

#440251 May 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Try Pascal's Wager(if you have heard of it)?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager
In a decision making process, such as if God(Jesus) exists, or does not exist, some Christians face such questions in their faith. So your perceptions assume all Christians don't have their faith tested? Not true.
Is eccentric behavior an excuse for not reasoning in some cases?
Mother Teresa forced herself against her own conscience to keep the faith in Catholic dogmas.

And for that she will made into a Catholic saint.

Houston, Canada

#440252 May 13, 2013
will be
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#440253 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that all the other gods of other religions are not real and your god is real.
THAT is self-indulgence. There is no other way to frame such self-fulfilling prophecies.
You get salvation and all others get the BOOT!
Silly stuff indeed.
There is no other God June ,fact is there is only one creator.
Salvation is through Jesus Christ, no other. I confess Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. In Canada we are free to state our beliefs openly.

Albuquerque, NM

#440254 May 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael:
One person, with twelve followers two thousand years ago, now have billions of followers.(It doesn't matter if they all know or do everything with absolute holiness, or in what manner Christianity has been or will be transmitted.)
Your logic is at best tangential to the reality. But your supposition that Christianity is very small is quite contrary to reality.
Incorrect conclusion.

The NT of the Bible actually only uses less than six of the original 13 Apostles, and two 3rd generation disciples as its authority.

Why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught?

Albuquerque, NM

#440255 May 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
I do not comprehend the lack of understanding of Roman Catholics today...
Why would any one think that they could make any offering of their own to add to the sacrifice of God's only begotten Son and make their own contribution to earn God's forgiveness for sins.....
God laid upon Jesus Christ the iniquity of us all when he sacrifice Him on Calvary's cross...
Why do they diminish the sacrifice of Jesus and determine it to be inadequate, and attempt to add their own puny exercises...
~~~~
Some 700 years before the Passions of Christ Isaiah the Messianic prophet wrote
Isa 53:5
But
1.he was wounded for our transgressions,
2.he was bruised for our iniquities:
3.the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and
4.with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
5.the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living:
6. for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Isa 53:10
7.Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him;
8.he hath put him to grief:
9.when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin,
he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Isa 53:11
10He shall see of the travail of his soul, and
shall be satisfied:
by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many;
for he shall bear their iniquities.
Why cannot you understand THAT.
.===>JESUS PAID IT ALL<===
NO RITUALS, NO HAIL MARY'S
NO RECITATION OF THE ROSARY, NO REVERING OF SAINTS
NO PAPAL RECOGNITION, NO EFFORT ON THEIR PART SAVES
THEM OR NEEDS TO BE ADDED....TO WHAT JESUS HAS ALREADY DONE AT CALVARY TO BE BORN AGAIN...
___
JUST THE SIMPLE ...OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD IS ALL THAT IS NEEDED
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
AS ONE DOES NOT BREATH TILL HE IS BORN PHYSICALLY
ONE DOES NOT PERFORM/DO WORKS TILL HE IS BORN AGAIN SPIRITUALLY..
THE DIFFERENCE IS FOUND IN REPENTING...AND THE LATIN VULGATE DEFINITION OF
DOING PENANCE...
Repenting is confessing and turning away from sin...
receiving Jesus by faith in His name...
doing penance implies works...
I guess we both have questions....huh?

Why doesn't Christianity believe in all of what Jesus taught?

Houston, Canada

#440256 May 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....which sounds like your last post as you stated to me.
Yes June - I am paying attention.
Self.
Learn it, live it, love it. It's not going away.
Neither does human selfishness go away.

Houston, Canada

#440257 May 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught?
Here you go again. Indicating that you know Jesus was real and was a teacher of the Catholic religion.

Don't you consider that if Jesus was real he would have been preaching ONLY unadulterated Judaism in a synagogue?

Houston, Canada

#440258 May 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no other God June ,fact is there is only one creator.
Salvation is through Jesus Christ, no other. I confess Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. In Canada we are free to state our beliefs openly.
You were and continue to be brain-washed.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440259 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
ONLY Christian historians ... who in turn have no doubt that they will be saved if only they keep the faith.
False.

The earliest historical mention of Jesus was not offered by Christians.

Again, you deliberately conflate Jesus as an historical figure with Christianity the belief, or you simply don't know the difference. Either way, the more you thrash around on this, the dumber you look.

Albuquerque, NM

#440260 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
..........as is true with children.
This is your revelation that you insist so strongly upon?
Yes, in general, children are brought up in the faith of their household.
The Nobel committee probably isn't going to come knocking on your door having read that one, Michael.
LOL

your use of specific words to mean specific things is outstanding!!

But I am glad you agree that the religion you do follow, is/was because of your parents.

Unless you are a convert. Are you?

Albuquerque, NM

#440261 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall Gibbons' having been hospitalized years ago.
Apparently, a squirrel bit him on his wild hickory nu.....
Never mind.
*smiles politely*

How can you tel Eull Gibbons in a line-up?

A: He's the one with the "Grape Nuts!"

Albuquerque, NM

#440262 May 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8
I shall keep you in my prayers.
I know.
Oh wonderful.

Since you are intializing prayers, would you like to participate in my "prayer experiment"?

This will be a sure sign to let us all know if you are successful and sincere. AND Jethro is cured - if it works.

Would you like ot participate?

Albuquerque, NM

#440263 May 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael"
Outside the christian ONLY bible can you give me evidence that 12 apostles even existed? Can you show me that the 4 gospels were written by the names attached to them?
Outside the bible can you give me evidence that King Herod attempted to kill baby Jesus and killed dozens of other male infants instead?
Outside the bible can you give me evidence of a miraculous virgin birth?
Outside the bible can you give evidence of the crucifixion?
Outside the bible can you give evidence of miracles performed by this man.
Outside the bible can you give evidence this man Jesus the son of God actually lived.
..........you have only one source of information regarding dozens and hundreds of claims by the bible that no other group or writers says happened.
......thats not good....
You really don't understand the battle between good and evil, do you?
There are countless crosses in America...on churches, on graves, on the roadside where lives have been lost. Our government buildings in D.C. are covered with scripture verses. Our founding fathers had church services in the Capital building; some even preached.
It is nearly impossible to remove all of the 'signs' of Christianity in this nation...but atheists are working HARD and spending millions$ to try to do it. They hope to ERASE the truth. They are already declaring that America is not/was never a Christian nation. But the Bible remains, they haven't been able to erase that. They/you just declare that there is no other proof!
If all the 'proofs' that are in America could be removed, the HEAVENS WILL STILL DECLARE HIS GLORY.
KayMarie
Decided not to leave after all, huh?

I understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Fri serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Fri Marie-Luise_J 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 28 Im Just Saying 10,081
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
News Pope Francis urges greater acceptance of homose... Apr 18 Sansamore 31
More from around the web