Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599647 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440003 May 12, 2013
Count all the people God wants to murder:

In Exodus 35:2... a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

Deut 21:18-21. If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son, then all the men of the town shall stone him to death.

Leviticus 20:13: All homosexuals need to be killed.

What about this: If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.

If we actually listened to what God says, we would need to kill at least half of the people in America tomorrow.

There are two things in this that show you that God is imaginary.

First, there is the utter stupidity of these verses.

Second, there is this fact: If God is an all-powerful being, he would kill them himself. There would be no need for people to do the murdering. These people would already be dead, and Wal-Mart would be closed on the Sabbath through lack of employees.

Notice that believers completely ignore these parts of the Bible. That is because they know that the verses are insane.

By acknowledging that their God is insane, they prove that their God is imaginary.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#440004 May 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm used to them using my daughter's suicide as leverage.
It gives them the same type of high as they get from believing others will burn in hell while a supposed savior gives them eternal love and well-deserved pampering.
totally uncalled for no matter what the reason,that's being a good christian? well he's catholic and their nothing more than money hungry perverts,about as holy as my cat is.

usa

#440005 May 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro I hope this comes through I love this Kid.
Its on face book if it doesn't
Student Stands Up To Lazy Teacher
www.mindopenerz.com
that should happen more often,if the kid is right,then i see nothing wrong with what he did.it's usually the other way around,because students do whatever they please and they know there is not much a teacher can do to them,back when i was in school they kept you after school, made you clean floors black boards or just sit in a room an write so many time you won't be offensive again,and the teachers can't give kids a well deserved smack like they used to.

usa

#440006 May 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. The Episcopalians are PROTESTANT, not "almost Catholic".
The Episcopalian community in DC is just one community, out of thousands across the country, that decided to leave the Episcopalian denomination and join the Catholic Church. The one in California that you cited is not joining the Catholic Church.
Just say you made a mistake and move on.
i really don't care today,mothers day,fathers day,are two days i wish i could just sleep right through and not deal with it.

usa

#440007 May 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8:
Living in a small town, the local talk, was about all the mass media of his(Jesus') time.
Even in the big city(Jerusalem), how much historical records do we have from the time of Jesus? Just a fragment here and there.
Sometimes, we put our expectations of seeing Jesus in this state of magnificent glory, but in reading the Bible carefully, he was quite to opposite, a very humble person.
Now some are attracted to people of grandiose reputations, and others to humility. One needs to pay attention to the quieter side, of the gospel to find Jesus. Have you?
no i haven't found him,and he doesn't seem to be looking for me.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#440008 May 12, 2013
996 949 920
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not responding because you're an idiot.
And we've combed over this stuff already. I know where you stand and why you preach what you do. And what you preach has nothing to do with your spiritual conviction. You only wanna antagonize us with word play. The Church teaches that Christ is ONE BEING WITH THE FATHER. You know it and I know it.
I'm not sure why you get off on isolating other sentences to show the CC teaching something different. I think you get a rush like an incompetent demon trying to pull the ponytail of the Church. You got anything better to do on this beautiful Sunday??
So....all you can do is try your best to bad-mouth me...You cannot
show me the Holy Trinity that reflects God and Christ as one....and Christ and God as one...as you so ignorantly believe.

You need a lot more practice to be a Catholic...you don't believe their teaching...Quote: Christ - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race....

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#440009 May 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i really don't care today,mothers day,fathers day,are two days i wish i could just sleep right through and not deal with it.
Sounds good to me Jethro LOL . My head is aching, My back is sore,
Its snowing out. I want to go back to bed and everyone is coming here for a BQ .
Clay

Chicago, IL

#440011 May 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are indoctrinated by the Catholics, so this is what you believe is truth.
But the Jews also believed they owned and still own the one and only truth ... and that was long before Catholicism and the new term Jesus existed.
All people in cults since religion began would have only placed faith in what they believed was based on truth.
There would be no reason for people to say ... "It's just a fairy tale, but we'll put faith in it anyway that it's absolute truth."
That wouldn't happen.
Dude, don't get me wrong. I know Jews think they are the safeguarders of the truth. And in a sense they are.(or were) As Pope John Paul II Called them, "Our older brothers and sisters.'the first to hear the word of God". But they continued on the same path after the Messiah appeared before them. They weren't expecting a poor defenseless man to be their savior. They were expecting a mighty King with a sword!
I acknowledge it takes faith to be a Jew and a Catholic. The issue is: you say the Catholic faith didn't come from Judaism. I say it did. And I think Jews would acknowledge it did too- albeit the wrong messiah and wrong truths. But none the less, it still looks very Jewish when looked at through the NT and other early writings. In fact, they'd recognize many similarities of the Catholic Mass - especially our readings of the Hebrew Books and prayers from Psalms.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#440012 May 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
996 949 920
<quoted text>
So....all you can do is try your best to bad-mouth me...You cannot
show me the Holy Trinity that reflects God and Christ as one....and Christ and God as one...as you so ignorantly believe.
You need a lot more practice to be a Catholic...you don't believe their teaching...Quote: Christ - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race....
Do you believe Christ and God are two separate beings or not??
quit with you Silly word play. I told you what the Church teaches. It should end there. But all your interested in is antagonizing us by isolating sentences from our Catechism. There are more to those sentences ya know..
Evidently you were sleeping through Catholic school or smoking weed out back..

Yes or no.( that means you reply with one word)

Is Christ and God one being with the Holy Spirit or not?
Yes.....or ..... no. That's all I ask Ox. Can you do it?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#440013 May 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, don't get me wrong. I know Jews think they are the safeguarders of the truth. And in a sense they are.(or were) As Pope John Paul II Called them, "Our older brothers and sisters.'the first to hear the word of God". But they continued on the same path after the Messiah appeared before them. They weren't expecting a poor defenseless man to be their savior. They were expecting a mighty King with a sword!
I acknowledge it takes faith to be a Jew and a Catholic. The issue is: you say the Catholic faith didn't come from Judaism. I say it did. And I think Jews would acknowledge it did too- albeit the wrong messiah and wrong truths. But none the less, it still looks very Jewish when looked at through the NT and other early writings. In fact, they'd recognize many similarities of the Catholic Mass - especially our readings of the Hebrew Books and prayers from Psalms.
What, other than arrogance make you so certain that your sermons should hold power over the minds of others?

I don't believe the Jews of the Muslims own truth, and I don't believe you own truth, or that any preachers of ancient or modern religions own truth ... so I suggest you save your sermons for church where they preach the same sermons to you ... and you can all have a salvation party to celebrate your nonsensical gibberish.

Prince George, Canada

#440014 May 12, 2013
or the Muslims

Prince George, Canada

#440015 May 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>no i haven't found him,and he doesn't seem to be looking for me.
I remember the old hymn that was popular in my childhood

Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling
Calling for you and for me

Blah, blah, blah.......

And then the preachers would go on about how those who didn't believe in Jesus would burn in hell.

Silly people and their silly dogmas ... always take the best for their selves and toss the worst stuff over the fence at the "evil" neighbors.

Prince George, Canada

#440016 May 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is: you say the Catholic faith didn't come from Judaism.
Of course it came from Judaism. Catholics couldn't BE ex-Jews if they had not at one time believed in Judaism.

They are a branch off of the same tree that wanted to hog the one supposed god all for their own.

It was the GOD-envy of the Catholics that caused them to murder the Jews ... nothing more. "We want your GOD as our own, and we will kill to give the impression that the one GOD loves only those who follow the Catholic faith. We have a powerful military and we plan to do away with Jews, so that we can be the sole owner of the one GOD and rule the world with Catholicism."

Prince George, Canada

#440017 May 12, 2013
This is the type of slop theologians got away with writing in the guise of truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Spiritual Meaning of

Cup

A cup is often mentioned in the Word, and by it in the genuine sense is signified spiritual truth, that is, the truth of faith which is from the good of charity the same as by wine; and in the opposite sense is signified the falsity by which comes evil, and also falsity from evil. That a cup signifies the same as wine is because a cup is what contains, and wine is what is contained, and hence they constitute one thing, and therefore the one is meant by the other.

http://www.biblemeanings.info/Words/Artifact/...

Prince George, Canada

#440018 May 12, 2013
Observe the nonsense taught as truth by these ancient theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

Siberia: The Three Worlds

Sedna punishes human beings indirectly, but effectively: she withholds wild game, thus bringing about famine. Human beings arouse her displeasure by infringing on her rules, particularly by having miscarriages and secret abortions. The fault lies not in the act, but in the secrecy. An impure woman affects those around her.

Prince George, Canada

#440019 May 12, 2013
Some theologians preach that we are born equal ... yet even in the womb, some theologians made it plain that to the supposed god, males were of far more value than females.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following………

1140 The Decretum of Gratian, an influential compilation of ecclesiastical law, makes it infanticide to abort a female fetus after sixty-six days or a male fetus after forty days.

Prince George, Canada

#440020 May 12, 2013
If it's plain that we can't trust some theologians to know truth ... why would we trust any of them to know truth?

And if we can't truth them to know truth ... why would we trust our selves to know truth?

That is the question I asked my self before I finally climbed out from under the spell of my own religious blanket.

Prince George, Canada

#440021 May 12, 2013
trust them to know truth
Clay

Chicago, IL

#440022 May 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What, other than arrogance make you so certain that your sermons should hold power over the minds of others?
I don't believe the Jews of the Muslims own truth, and I don't believe you own truth, or that any preachers of ancient or modern religions own truth ... so I suggest you save your sermons for church where they preach the same sermons to you ... and you can all have a salvation party to celebrate your nonsensical gibberish.
Arrogance? Sermons??
I'm definitely not arrogant. And I sure as heck ain't trying to give a sermon. All I'm doing is trying my best to convey what the Catholic Church teaches and clarify the misconceptions out there. Anyone on here will tell you I error when speaking about the vast, deep faith known as Catholicism sometimes. However, I do get it pretty close.

In no way am I trying to convert anyone to the Catholic Church- including you. I really don't care if you do or don't. If you showed interest, then I would do my best to help. The converting part lays squarely on your shoulders. If it ain't taking hold then it ain't taking hold. I'm not gettin involved with your personal relationship with God (or no God). I just don't want people spreading lies about the Catholic Church.
The Catholic Church is my family. Would you want people spreading falsehoods about your family? There ain't one poster on here that will convert to Catholicism. They been presented with more than enough truth. If they haven't yet, then they never will.
I'm still not going to sit idle why they are viral and spreading rumors, propaganda and slander about my family.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440023 May 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So does Islam.

As for how the average Jew feels about Roman Catholicism, give us a break. Jews were passionate monotheists. The term "son of God" was applied to David and others, but in no way was meant to imply an actual god. Your blood-stained church is the original author of anti-semitism and has a sorry track record ever since.

Religion can be very evil. But the deluded forget these things. It is all about them. They are so much closer to the "real" god.

Leave the Jews alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr 15th Dalai Lama 84,320
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 6 hr Paul Porter1 266
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web