Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665403 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Marathon, Canada

#440211 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
By bible thumpers.
The Muslims believe in their scriptures with the same "keep the faith" attitude as you ply to your myths.
You're not special to anyone but you, and of course the theologians that take your money in exchange for their empty promises.
If you don't know the future except by what you read in words, then I suggest they didn't know the future either, even though they fed you words to make you believe they did know.
Your bible is equivalent to the crystal ball of a gypsy ... nothing more.
Now you sound like my stepfather.
Bible thumper. That's what he use to call me all the time.
He was much like you and you opinion about God.
One day He was helping someone put in a new fuse box, touched the wrong thing and was nearly electrocuted.
The first words out of his mouth was God dear God please help me.
Whatever god he was calling it seems to me its fruitless calling on a god deity if you don't believe in a god.
Just one question if you don't want to be preached to what are you doing on this form, putting down other peoples beliefs.
Did you think we were not going to stick up for our beliefs.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440212 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you look it up on the internet your self. Just put silver ... medicinal and you can study it for yourself.
And by the way farmers used silver coins to put on the infected open wounds of their animals with great success. That was when coins were actually made of silver.
I make colloidal silver and have a book on how it's done. I don't drink it, as too much can turn your skin blue, which will not later return to it's normal color ... but if I have a sore throat I gargle with it, and it clears it right up.
I did.

Indication is that it doesn't really possess medicinal qualities.

The best that's said is that use of silver in some endotracheal tubes and catheters provides some degree of protection from infeaction.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#440213 May 13, 2013
here's a pope to be proud of:Pope Benedict IX (c. 1012 – 1065/85)Benedict IX, born Theophylactus of Tusculum, is known mainly for two things: 1) he held office on three separate occasions, and 2) he is the only pope who ever sold the papacy (to his own godfather, of all people).Benedict became pontiff at a very young age, thanks to the political prowess of his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son. With little actual training or preparation that qualified him to act as pontiff, Benedict led a highly immoral life, and was accused of various rapes, adulteries, and murders. According to St. Peter Damian, Benedict was “a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest,” and his carousing eventually caused him to be forcefully expelled from Rome.Benedict managed to regain his throne, but then – surprise, surprise!– he was sidetracked by a prospective marriage (to his cousin) and sold the papal chair for a significant amount of money to his godfather, a priest who named himself Pope Gregory VI. His later repentance and attempt to resume his position created quite a controversy, forcing the German King Henry III to intervene. Benedict was subsequently excommunicated from the church.“His life as a pope,” wrote Pope Victor III,“was so vile, so foul, so execrable, that I shudder to think of it.”JETHRO:as i pointed out before if the chair is bought for a future pope how can you have absolute apostolic succession? you can't.what i posted came from the book of world history,then i looked at "Catholic Encyclopedia > B > Pope Benedict IX" you don't find any of this history about him in the catholic book,gee how surprising.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#440214 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are side-stepping.
It was written that those savior-gods and sons of gods existed ... just as it is written that Jesus existed.
Do you believe it's possible that those other savior-gods and sons of gods were real as you believe Jesus is real. Or do you believe that Jesus is real and all the others were false?
It's a straight forward question.
Anything is possible.

I personally believe in Jesus.

That's all the answer anyone could honestly give.

usa

#440215 May 13, 2013
one more time:Innocent IV was Pope from 1243 to 1254. Certainly the Inquisition represents the darkest of Roman Church history, and it was Innocent IV who approved the use of torture to extract confessions of heresy. He aggressively applied the principle that “the end justifies the means.” It is shocking to learn about the deranged instruments of torture that were used on so many innocent people. One of the most famous people to suffer at the hands of Roman inquisitors was Galileo. The church condemned Galileo for claiming that the earth revolved around the sun.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#440216 May 13, 2013
It's safe for me to believe that the old savior gods were not real.

But if I dare touch on the idea that Jesus was and is not real ... the Christians are insulted beyond belief.

Yet they can insult all other religions as false and they see that as a fair game on a level playing field.

Self-indulgence is the name of the religious game ... and it is NOT at all funny.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#440217 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Fictitious saviors never showed up to save humans yet, and there were many conjured in the minds of ancient theologians before the latest kid on the block, Jesus.
These greedy people only think of their selves. They don't think about all the non-human forms of life that suffer each day and night by claw, fang and venom in the quest to survive the struggle on earth.
Humans want MORE and MORE as they DEMAND bliss in a hereafter.
These silly, greedy humans, put excessive energy into fantasies that they USE to please their own emotions.
These silly, greedy humans, put excessive energy into fantasies that they USE to please their own emotions.

That is your opinion of me because I believe in Almighty God.

Well in my opinion your a nut case, your not the first human that tried to get rid of Christians, good luck with that. the Romans tried , the Roman catholic church, and bias people like you.
All down through history, Jesus said the gates of hell would not prevail against Gods Church.
This battle belongs to God , so I am done talking to you June.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440218 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
It's safe for me to believe that the old savior gods were not real.
But if I dare touch on the idea that Jesus was and is not real ... the Christians are insulted beyond belief.
Yet they can insult all other religions as false and they see that as a fair game on a level playing field.
Self-indulgence is the name of the religious game ... and it is NOT at all funny.
Speaking of indulging one's self-your post here covers that. Setting up and knocking down the straw man.

You certainly may believe that the Christian beliefs RE: Jesus are a myth; you cannot say that Jesus Himself was a myth.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#440219 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe in one god, do you also believe that all will be saved ... none excluded???
My guess is you don't believe the Muslims will be saved, as according to your theology, they don't go by the RIGHTEOUS title of Christian.
Silly people.
June VanDerMark:

You walk a tightrope, asking such a question.

You assume that because you do not know, that no one can until after death, and guess I might not believe all will be saved, except a select few.

Your perceptions are based in time, and you ask about eternal judgment. Names and words represent ideas and concepts.

I try not to presume on such a question you ask regarding eternal judgment. And that is the best answer I can give for myself.

usa

#440220 May 13, 2013
heres a nice guy:John XV was Pope from 985 to 996. The Pope's venality and nepotism had made him very unpopular with the citizens, as he split the church's finances among his relatives and was described as "covetous of filthy lucre and corrupt in all his acts."

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#440221 May 13, 2013
095 012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I thought you'd say.
If you were really a Catholic for 40 yrs, the second question would not need to be explained to you. Its recited in the Apostles Creed.
On either of the two questions. Answer Yes or No. That's all.
You are so far out asea, its pathetic!!!!

The Apostle's Creed, which I was taught some 74 years ago, I believed then, and still do today..in part....says:

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into Hell; the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting.
Amen.

It plainly says God is not Christ....Christ is not God....which is supported by Scripture...

A. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,

See that word "and"...See "His only Son".

B. He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty

See "sitteth at the right hand of God"....if. as you say, God and Christ are one, how is it that Christ is sitting at the right hand of God!!!!!!

When my eyes and ears were opened, some 40 years ago, I deleted "the holy Catholic Church" because not all of its teaching are based on Scripture.

And, I deleted "the communion of saints" because: The communion of saints (in Latin, communio sanctorum), when referred to persons, is the spiritual union of the members of the Christian Church, living and the dead, those on earth, in heaven, and, for those who believe in purgatory, those also who are in that state of purification.

There is no purgatory to believe in!!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#440222 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.
Indication is that it doesn't really possess medicinal qualities.
The best that's said is that use of silver in some endotracheal tubes and catheters provides some degree of protection from infeaction.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_uses_of_...

Quesnel, Canada

#440223 May 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
You walk a tightrope, asking such a question.
You assume that because you do not know, that no one can until after death, and guess I might not believe all will be saved, except a select few.
Your perceptions are based in time, and you ask about eternal judgment. Names and words represent ideas and concepts.
I try not to presume on such a question you ask regarding eternal judgment. And that is the best answer I can give for myself.
What a load of clap-trap.

You are certain you will be saved by belief in Jesus ... don't you?

That is your judgment concerning eternal judgment.

usa

#440224 May 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8
I remember Euell Gibbons. "Tastes like wild hickory nuts."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6NT1HNuy3nAXX
that's him and i remember that commercial,thatis hiow i discovered who he was and started reading about him,then i bought his book on edible wild plants and tree barks.it's also how i found out how aspirin is made, from willow tree bark.

Quesnel, Canada

#440225 May 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of indulging one's self-your post here covers that. Setting up and knocking down the straw man.
You certainly may believe that the Christian beliefs RE: Jesus are a myth; you cannot say that Jesus Himself was a myth.
You are quite the side-tracker.

Do you believe that all the other sons of gods that came to earth as saviors were real?

usa

#440226 May 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8
I shall keep you in my prayers.
I know.
thanks i do appreciate it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#440227 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
That's the page I looked at.

Not really a ringing endorsement of a notion that silver has medicinal properties.

usa

#440228 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing.
I read every word, unlike when people on the forum start quoting scriptures. As soon as I see scriptures, I tune out and go on to the next person posting.
I don't like being preached at from any religious dogmas whatsoever. I had more than enough of that when I was under the spell of religion.
I just tell it like it is,that is part of my history,when i was told that by the lady that always stuck with me,no idea why.

Quesnel, Canada

#440229 May 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your opinion of me because I believe in Almighty God.
Well in my opinion your a nut case, your not the first human that tried to get rid of Christians, good luck with that. the Romans tried , the Roman catholic church, and bias people like you.
All down through history, Jesus said the gates of hell would not prevail against Gods Church.
This battle belongs to God , so I am done talking to you June.
You believe that all the other gods of other religions are not real and your god is real.

THAT is self-indulgence. There is no other way to frame such self-fulfilling prophecies.

You get salvation and all others get the BOOT!

Silly stuff indeed.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#440230 May 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Joseph Smith wanted a following as did the Catholics who came up with their own flamboyant story of a Jew coming back to earth to save only those of the Catholic faith.
Unbelievable stupidity ... yet people keep the faith IN the stupidity.
No June!! The "stupidity" is your (your own) denial of the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY along with "your own" lack of faith and unbelief in the historical and biblical TRUTH of Our Lords.. One True Apostolic Catholic Church..... Jesus Christ initiate, formed and established by HIMSELF his one and only one "Universal-Catholic" generated by HIS Apostles... It began with the 1st Church of Antioch (Acts 2)and expanded to the Catholic/Christian Churches of Thessalonica, Ephesus, Corinth, Galatia, Collosus, Philippi, and on and on for over 2000 years.....Since the 16th century Reformation, the Catholic Church has left the "half-truth, half-heresy (contradicting) Protestant "Prodigal Son" Reformers
to Luther, Hus, Wycliff, Calvin, Zwingili, Knox and the other 42,000+ inconsistent, conflicting bible only beliefs,(not to forget Joseph Smith). His contributions to the Mormons was to "re-write the bible" inserting his own name in it, beginning with the book of Genesis. All of the other Reformers did "somewhat the same thing" by re-interpreting the bible in order to "fit their own "personal editorialized opinionated (Protestant bible only doctrines). Rewriting the bible, re-interpreting the bible, mis-interpreting Sacred Scripture---ITS ALL THE SAME---it all defines the Protestant "fundies" chaos, contradicting and mass confusion. The difference is that I/we as Catholics "have the TRUTH of the (mass) and the Protestant atheists and agnostics "continue" to have the (confusion).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 6 hr stfu 159
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web