Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654574 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440044 May 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8:
Well, don't give up. I came late in life to understanding. And I know Jesus doesn't give up.
According to you, Jesus the Jew gave up the Catholic ghost when he died on the cross.

Silly people

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#440045 May 12, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? Nobody ever said the Church was perfect. Just the same as no other organization is perfect nor are the members of said organizations. To obsess about the Catholic Church's imperfections is a simple diversion tactic designed to avert one's eyes away from their OWN imperfections.
Nice try but look in the mirror for once.
A non-perfect entity cannot hold a "perfect" faith.

BTW - I own my own imperfections, and will continue to do so. I can accept my Self for what it is, has done, and hopefully will do. I hold not regret for my actions, and I have faith the my Father, our Father, when I die, will see that I have done my best to show love and be kind and hopefully have changed others in the same regard.

Yes a rebirth of a spiritual mind can come through many paths - not just the RCC, as they want to dictate as "true".

Cheers.

Albuquerque, NM

#440046 May 12, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church rejects Gnosticism. You are free to believe such.
The so-called "Church" has never been defined completely.

The so-called "Church" also cannot dictate what any god can or cannot do.

Please show me where "God" has rejected Gnosticism specifically.

Albuquerque, NM

#440047 May 12, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you are missing the fact that Jesus is God (the Son) and not Gomer Pyle?
Maybe you have missed the fact that Jesus never called himself "God", yet you think it is true.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440048 May 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You got any better scenarios? No you don't. In fact, Atheist and Agnostics come up with equally bizarre theories on the existence of life.
'zero proof' you say? What kinda proof are you looking for? Because I guarantee you if Jesus Christ appeared to you tonight, you would not accept Him. You'd reject Him.
People like you will not accept anybody telling you what's up. Its no wonder why God requires faith.
Forget me. What if Jesus appeared to the entire world tomorrow and stopped the silly game playing?

People would be "saved" just as Jesus wants, right?

Heck, Jesus had to appear to some of his own apostles before they would believe him. So why did Jesus stop?

Answer: Jesus is just like all other gods in human history -- imaginary.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#440049 May 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael:
Do you think that President Obama, and Hillary Clinton(and their supporters) want to talk about the Benghazi fiasco?
Do you think Rome and Jerusalem leaders wanted to talk about the Crucifixion of Jesus?
Why would you think they both would want to talk, have recorded, such absolute failure?
This is called rationalization.

It makes no sense, but so what?

The absurd story is that God sent his only son to die a horrible death, but somehow couldn't get the word out for over a hundred years, and only then to a small faction of humanity -- because leaders in Jerusalem didn't want "to talk about it?"

This is all made up as it goes.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440050 May 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<I have faith the my Father, our Father, when I die, will see that I have done my best to show love and be kind and hopefully have changed others in the same regard.
If you believe that others will be rejected in a hereafter by the supposed god of your worship ... I don't perceive that you ARE kind.

I perceive you are simply greedy for the most favorable attention.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440051 May 12, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget me. What if Jesus appeared to the entire world tomorrow and stopped the silly game playing?
People would be "saved" just as Jesus wants, right?
Heck, Jesus had to appear to some of his own apostles before they would believe him. So why did Jesus stop?
Answer: Jesus is just like all other gods in human history -- imaginary.
If a man bragged of being Jesus, he would be laughed at by some and praised by others, and hated by yet others who believed he would be a fraud in the attitude of "How dare he insult the real savior by such disrespect?"

Yet there are some who believe Jesus already came "in spirit" the second time.

Those searching for Jesus should take lessons from the Catholics who teach that Jesus is in constant demand in Catholic confessionals.

There's no shortage of varying beliefs ... but it seems that truth (if it exists) is beyond human "control."

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440052 May 12, 2013
Elizabeth Fry – A Biography by June Rose.

When she had first entered Newgate (prison) she had preached to the women in gaol that it was their wickedness that had brought them into their miserable state. With fifteen years of experience of crime and criminals behind her and her * own misfortune fresh in her mind, her view had broadened. She came near to acknowledging in her answer that the conditions of the poor were, in themselves, contributory causes of crime. Again, it was an answer that the committee was not ready to hear.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440053 May 12, 2013

*Her own misfortune was that her husband went broke in his own business and they were then outcast among even their family and Quaker friends.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440054 May 12, 2013

If, at that time, it had been couched in less religious language, if she had not been a minister at all, she would perhaps have been able to exercise her humane influence. At the same time had she not been a minister, she would not, as a female, have had any influence at all.
Michael

Canada

#440055 May 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael:
Do you think that President Obama, and Hillary Clinton(and their supporters) want to talk about the Benghazi fiasco?
Do you think Rome and Jerusalem leaders wanted to talk about the Crucifixion of Jesus?
Why would you think they both would want to talk, have recorded, such absolute failure?
According to the scriptures Jesus was known as the messiah from the minute he was born and for the next 33 years.

He supposedly performed miracles for thousands and witnessed by thousands more..........that had no affect on his outcome.

Makes no sense that Jesus just another in a long line of human history with the same customs, same traditions and the same method of operation as most of all the other man gods that came 1,000 years before him in the mediteranean.

Family indoctrination over the last 2,000 have kept it all going. Without children becoming what their parents want them to become, christianity/Islam, etc would have died off centuries ago.

How many people today become catholics on their own terms? Maybe a few thousand a year. Nearly 1 million catholics and 2 million protestants in america die a year, so without family indoctrination christianity would be very small or non existant.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#440056 May 12, 2013
Make The Changes

It will take just 37 seconds to read this and change your thinking..

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room.

One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs.

His bed was next to the room's only window.

The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.

The men talked for hours on end.

They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation..

Every afternoon, when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake.
Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite details, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine this picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon, the man by the window described a parade passing by.

Although the other man could not hear the band - he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days, weeks and months passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep.

She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside.
He strained to slowly turn to look out the window besides the bed.

It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window.

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall.

She said,'Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.'

Epilogue:

There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.
Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
'Today is a gift, that is why it is called The Present .'

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440057 May 12, 2013
The new kids on the block are cutting into the Abrahamic religions. And just as did the Abrahamic religions, they have figured out how to play the system for all it's worth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Aquarian Tabernacle Church (ATC) is a Wiccan church located in Index, Washington. It is one of the first Wiccan organisations to receive full legal recognition as a church in the United States, Canada, and Australia. It is also the only Wiccan church with "Umbrella Affiliate Tax Exemption", under which affiliated churches may receive charitable donations from government employees through employer charity programs. It is the mother entity for SpiralScouts and the Woolston-Steen Theological Seminary, the first Wiccan college with state recognition to award degrees in Wiccan ministry. The ATC is the forerunner in Pagan prison chaplaincy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquarian_Taberna...
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#440058 May 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that others will be rejected in a hereafter by the supposed god of your worship ... I don't perceive that you ARE kind.
I perceive you are simply greedy for the most favorable attention.
Do you spend all day passing on bad news and sad stories.
Why don't you try doing something good for someone or say something nice to some one.
it really will make you feel better about people and yourself.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440059 May 12, 2013
As the modern-Pagan religions grow, the Abrahamic religions will shrink, and religion, as occurred again and again through history will take another turn in it's long road.

But the promises of ultimate bliss in a hereafter will be the same as the theological fortune-tellers ply their trades of ... "I'll give you words, and you give me your faith IN my words, and of course ... your money.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440060 May 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you spend all day passing on bad news and sad stories.
Does the good news and good stories only come from you?

:)

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440061 May 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.
Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
'Today is a gift, that is why it is called The Present .'
Deception of theologians bragging they know truth will often make people happy ... but deception is not based on truth.
truth

Perth, Australia

#440062 May 12, 2013
He say to me
my uncle ..have nice lady as girl many many years..o yes he liked even married her..but something happen ..as nightmare..yes that night when he hear klap klap he took gun then bum..could you imagen duck is been wounded under wing..yes next day past away..o well must be humans can fly too..
Are you for sure i am wrong?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#440063 May 12, 2013
It's been almost 2000 years since Catholics claimed that Jesus came and was coming again ... and there's still no sign of his resurrecting, or being born from an immaculate conception as supposedly occurred the last time.

According to the trend of theology, if Jesus is born again by immaculate conception, in order to suit both Catholics and Protestants, the mother of Jesus THIS time around will have to be half Catholic and half Protestant, and the heavenly father will also have to go half-ers to keep any semblance of "piece."

My guess is, the Jews this time around will be left totally out of the upcoming fiasco.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 min StillNotSure 10,211
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web