Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650592 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just Sayin

Clarksville, TN

#439816 May 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Just sayin says..........Isn't it Jesus' perogative to come as a Jew and practiced that faith.
Jesus a jew claimed to be son of God. Jews do not believe in sons of God. Jews do not believe in a trinity. That means long before Jesus arrived (according to scriptures) jews did not believe in a son of God or Holy Spirit..........and they still don't today.
Its like Jesus watching a football game sitting in the hometown bleachers cheering for the visiting team.
Maybe you are missing the fact that Jesus is God (the Son) and not Gomer Pyle?
Just Sayin

Clarksville, TN

#439817 May 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The point being, which you naturally missed, is, if they were drinking the actual blood of Christ, as, they erroneously claim when they say mass, and not wine, they would not become alcoholics!!!!!
What is with your obsession with alcoholism? Are you trying to make some kind of confession? Drink up buddy. That's all you got left to do in your life, that and bash the CC. So sad for you.
You are grasping desperately, pathetically at straws, dude!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#439818 May 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
History tells us.
........ When ancient Romulus is described as the Son of God, born of a virgin, we understand that as a myth.
........When christians describe Jesus as the son of God, born of a virgin, christians understand that as the truth.
I thought all the traditions of christianity were unique to christianity. We were wrong HOJO.
......read your history.
YOU read it Michael!! The ONLY Church history or 21st century (modern day) editorialized sources, that you EVER read or EVER refer to, are your anti-catholic "pick and choose" heretical or "obscure" quotes from emancipated nuns or priests, that are Catholic (in name only. In fact, none of them have "any connnection" whatsoever to the 2000 years of the TRUTH of the doctrine, precepts and actual teachings of the Catholic Church. in other words, they are "nothing but" a rebellious and defiant extension of the ALREADY divided, contradicting and inconsistent Protestant "bible only" Churches that are ALL in conflict with each other. 42,000 "relative truth" editorial opinions of "half-truth Christianity or "in your case" no doctrine of faith (at all) as an agnostic or atheist (whatever you call yourself). The ONLY thing that seems to "turn you on" Michael, is to spread your (vindictive) condemnation, by attacking, and passing your "phoney"(editorializ ed) personal jusgement against the faith and Salvation of other Christians, especially Jesus Christ and His One (and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church... You, Michael, can continue to believe and spread all the "lies, gossip, slander, and derogatory anti-catholic garbage that seems to satisfy and appease your egotistical revenge and "hate" against Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church. I/We as Catholics will continue to pray at daily Mass for your misguided, confused and misdirected heart, mind and soul.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#439820 May 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry for continually making you look like a fool
:)
youtube

AOL

#439821 May 11, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Dawson Creek, Canada

#439822 May 11, 2013
Theologians made it up as they went along their paths of ignorance, bragging all the while about their own knowledge of future events.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The English noun "Gnosticism"The term "Gnosticism" does not appear in ancient sources

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism#The_t ...
Just Sayin

Clarksville, TN

#439823 May 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The priest that taught me the Catechism...whom else????
You are so full of sh!t.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#439824 May 11, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you are missing the fact that Jesus is God (the Son) and not Gomer Pyle?
Hahahahahahahaha

The supposed savior might as well have been Gomer Pyle.

Christians can't make a Jew vouch for Catholicism ... no matter how they try.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#439825 May 11, 2013
AHHHHH ... now this a GREAT day for my horoscope ... or NOT!

Human Being

Breaux Bridge, LA

#439826 May 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care who used the word Christian first.
As occurred since religion began, it was simply the cause of more in-fighting among those who bragged of knowing the one and only supposed truth.
June VanDerMark

"Just the facts Ma'am. Just the facts.", Joe Friday. DRAGNET.

There are two types of religious people. Mary and Martha. Some get more out of listening, others out of doing. And the one that is doing, usually complains about the other one, not doing enough.
Just Sayin

Clarksville, TN

#439827 May 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are saying, in this case, "human afflictions" equate to alcoholics whom are drunkards. That every priest God called to the priesthood, God knew they would all become drunkards.
Logic says, since God knows when He calls a person, that person will become a drunkard, He also knows when He calls a person to the priesthood that person will not become a drunkard.
Any idea why He favors those He knows will become drunkards????!!!
Logic says you are so full of sh!t.
Just Sayin

Clarksville, TN

#439828 May 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are forgetting one thing...the Catechism I was taught some 75 years ago, is not the same being taught today..
Which clearly says it never was based on Scripture...because if it was, it would not change its teaching, since the Word of God does not change...
Good God, that means you are about 100 years old. You can't even remember what you ate for breakfast this morning.
truth

Perth, Australia

#439829 May 11, 2013
heart is biological o'clock within alive person animals too..
now
to fill love=trans
yep
transport train
ding dong ding dong chu chu..=speed as thousand thousand=sound house end =near port stop ding dong
monday
m on day
m=13 1+3=3 13=31
psalm 31 keep me free from trap
see what i see you can find
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
trap part
depart parth
see train words
Human Being

Breaux Bridge, LA

#439830 May 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lot of preachy slop!
June VanDerMark:

Always a good fall-back opinion.

You seem to do a lot of preaching to the religious people on this thread yourself.

So tell me, "Why is God an Atheist", in your opinion?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#439831 May 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Arrogance in devout religious believers often motivates them to the certainty that they own the one and only truth.
As you believe you have control over the words in your bibles, be careful that the words don't wind your minds up comparable to pretzels.
You might not be as wise as you perceive is the case.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Religious Insanity in America: The Official Nineteenth-Century Theory
Throughout much of the nineteenth century, psychiatrists and ordinary citizens agreed that one of the chief causes of mental illness was religious excitement.
Modern day "suicides" linked directly to political non-religious "materalistic liberalism" has resulted in over 8 times the mental illness suicide rate, compared to those with religious affilication, spiritual convictions and person faith in Gods divine Providence..... It is "no wonder" that in the United States today liberalism is considered to be a "Mental disorder"!!
Just Sayin

Clarksville, TN

#439832 May 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
History tells us god/men and goddesses from the past who practiced the same customs/traditions/elements that christianity adopted for itself were mostly powerful men/women in their communities.
Jesus was advanced forward by a small group of men, ONLY long after he supposedly died, yet scriptures claim he was very well known by almost everyone in Judea.
The catholic fathers never saw any writings about this man Jesus, until 160-175 AD.
Jesus only became famous long after he supposedly died. Why? Because the writers could write anything they wanted about this man because being dead he couldn't refute any tall story they wrote about him.
The first 3 centuries christianity was all over the map. Christian cults popped up everywhere because there was no early plan of operation, or rules and regulations. Early christians never believed that Christ actually lived as a human. They thought of him as a spirit only. Stories created and handed down from generation to generation.
The early christian fathers were told by Constantine just pick one of the christian beliefs and run with it. So they did, and family-hand-me-down traditional indoctrination has carried it on to today.
Sorry but you have been misinformed in a big way. Where do you get your research from?

Also, if you don't believe that Jesus was the Son of God, what are you doing wasting so much time talking about Him?
Michael

Canada

#439833 May 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Catholics and Protestants dis all the gods in other religions as false.
However, because Catholics and Protestants believe in the same image of a god, they can't possibly dis the god as false ... so they resort to dissing each other's beliefs "concerning the god" as false.
Corinthians 14:33 "God is not the author of confusion.

......yet never has a book proved more confusion tha the bible.

Thousands of christian deniominations and sects ALL using the same "INSPIRED SCRIPTURES" to prove each of their own conflicting doctrines.

Today, why do so many trained theologens differ with each other over meanings in the bible?

....Why do highly educated language translators disagree over Greek and Hebrew meanings in the bible.

WHY SO MUCH CONFUSION!!

Shouldn't a document claimed by all these people that was divinely inspired by an omniscient deity be crystal clear to all of them?

BUSTED!
Michael

Canada

#439834 May 11, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but you have been misinformed in a big way. Where do you get your research from?
Also, if you don't believe that Jesus was the Son of God, what are you doing wasting so much time talking about Him?
What misinformation are you speaking about?

Dan

Omaha, NE

#439835 May 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are saying, in this case, "human afflictions" equate to alcoholics whom are drunkards. That every priest God called to the priesthood, God knew they would all become drunkards.
Logic says, since God knows when He calls a person, that person will become a drunkard, He also knows when He calls a person to the priesthood that person will not become a drunkard.
Any idea why He favors those He knows will become drunkards????!!!
Every priest is an alcoholic?
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#439836 May 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
AMEN!
THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE
Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Eph 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
Do you know how many times I have heard "Jesus drank wine."
Even among Christian that I have sat next to in church.
They say they read the Bible,
The bible says No drunks will enter the Kingdom of God.
I guess they don't put that together with what God says about drinking in the O.T.

To use Our Lord and Savior, as their example to drink irks me to no end.

I see your wife is back on its great to see her posts.
she has so much wisdom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web