Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650806 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#439489 May 10, 2013
For by one offering - By offering himself once on the cross. The Jewish priest offered his sacrifices often, and still they did not avail to put away sin; the Saviour made one sacrifice, and it was sufficient for the sins of the world.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#439490 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure if Jesus turned Mikes hard lemonade into more Mikes hard lemonade instead of the wine trick, you Anthony would be drinking Mikes hard lemonade as your beverage of choice.
No wonder they call you a follower......I am surprised you don't wear a toga and have your hair long.
lolololol. Stop it Mike, yer killin' me!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439491 May 10, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
God's will;
10:10
For GodÂ’s will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all time.
Right.

OldJG contends via OSAS that one cannot lose salvation. Salvation through Christ is to be made perfect-"holy", as you put it.

My contention is that none are holy in this life as we are burdened with the flaws inherent in our human nature. Those flaws (sins) separate us from God. Thus, unless I am made perfect (my human nature is removed or expunged) in this life, I cannot declare myself as having attained salvation, as I am still capable of separating myself from God via sin until my death.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#439492 May 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="marge" Dan, here's the exact wording of that verse;
For by that one offering He forever made perfect those who are being made holy.
"...He forever made perfect those who ARE BEING MADE HOLY."
He's still working on me...
KayMarie
Me too Kay Marie!

wesleys notes;

10:14 He hath perfected them for ever - That is, has done all that was needful in order to their full reconciliation with God.
truth

Perth, Australia

#439493 May 10, 2013
mind altering substance..

please explain that

you not tell me
who is that man
white face no air on top just around ear..long grey dress..sleep on tiny table but not for purpose of sleep as we people sleep..no..
mala usta=small mouth..little bigger wide cheeks..yes..
its not talk
i don't notice..but i can remember.. not to much its telepathic show me that face..is that some talk yes it is something try tell me..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439494 May 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ produced 100s of gallons of intoxicating wine for the use of men, women and children at the wedding. So is Jesus morally responsible if they get drunk?? If they did, wouldn't it ruin Christ's teachings?
Fear not, chuck.

There is no dram shop law for Jesus. If they did get drunk at Cana, it's on them, not Christ Almighty. He didn't serve them.

Christ's teachings seem to have survived intact whatever bad acts the folks of His day may have performed.
Michael

Canada

#439495 May 10, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the best news you'll ever hear.
Outside the bible there is not one story by any writer, scribe, statesman, philosopher, government offical, military leader, nothing by anyone of the supposedly thousands who were miraclized, nothing by anyone from the entire mediteranean from 4 BCE to 30 AD about a miracle god/man named Jesus....WHY??........devastin g!

People sin more today then they ever did. Jails/prisons in america are busting at the seams filled with christians of all denominations. Are christians just not following the message?

.......something is wrong, when everyone from an entire continent who should have known about this man, were totally silent that he even existed.

.........something is wrong!

marge

Leesburg, GA

#439496 May 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What's even more interesting is that your extremist fundamentalist views differ with a less extreme fundamentlaist website.
We differ in that I will gladly point out the areas where Catholics and fundamentalists agree, whereas you take pains to affirm that there's nothing you can find in Catholicism to agree with.
Sometimes we think you must be wrong on all things since you wrong on most things:)

Since: Nov 08

usa

#439497 May 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no fees for confession. In ANY Catholic Church. Ever. Period.
This link, if I'm not mistaken, is for St. Augustine on the lake EPISCOPAL church in Santa Monica, CA. It's protestant, not Catholic.
your right it's an The Episcopal Church,which is both catholic and reformed at the same time. holding onto catholicity of the early church all the while seeing this through the enlightenment of the Reformation.
Some of the primary differences of the Episcopal church are rejection of the idea that the Bishop of Rome (Pope) has primary authority over the Church Universal.
Michael

Canada

#439498 May 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="marge" Dan, here's the exact wording of that verse;
For by that one offering He forever made perfect those who are being made holy.
"...He forever made perfect those who ARE BEING MADE HOLY."
KayMarie
KayMarie says......."...He forever made perfect those who ARE BEING MADE HOLY."

Michael says......WHAT! Your not there yet? I thought for sure by now with your husbands connections to God that surely you would have attained everything needed.

......keep trying!
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#439499 May 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If he's still working on you, then belief in Jesus didn't take care of your supposed sins after all.
What if you die today and the work on you is not complete?
Silly nonsense!
Interesting question.
I wonder if there is some sort of purification process that takes place after death where the souls of the faithful who die in the friendship of the Lord are brought to perfection? Since nothing unclean can enter Heaven, there must be.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#439500 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear not, chuck.
There is no dram shop law for Jesus. If they did get drunk at Cana, it's on them, not Christ Almighty.
We agree drunkeness is a sin. Jesus produces intoxicating wine that they could get drunk on. Would He not be enabling them to sin?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439501 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your right it's an The Episcopal Church,which is both catholic and reformed at the same time. holding onto catholicity of the early church all the while seeing this through the enlightenment of the Reformation.
Some of the primary differences of the Episcopal church are rejection of the idea that the Bishop of Rome (Pope) has primary authority over the Church Universal.
......which renders them not Catholic, but Episcopalian.

They actually self-identify as Episcopalian.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439502 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your right it's an The Episcopal Church,which is both catholic and reformed at the same time. holding onto catholicity of the early church all the while seeing this through the enlightenment of the Reformation.
It's not your week, Jethro.

First the James 5 debacle, now this.

Go eat some Wheaties or something and come back strong.
truth

Perth, Australia

#439503 May 10, 2013
nothing in room..its going from light as tiny more looks as medical table but very specific table..did i see any doctor..no i don't i see how go out from where not aloud see me or telepathy is not be connected..but its good that i see gray long dress..but white face..yes..on top of head no hair only i notice around ear..as well wide cheeks but small mouths..i did not notice its talk like us ..but i receive that in my mind..now..what is in my mind..why they try hide or disterb my medical record..yes medical as well justice..

i call them corupt people because they know which crime they liked produce..

now

i am still strong..still in my mind..still with full courage..still in prayers..does meter in which condition and so on..how many mouse as well wicket you sand on my house..what you want accuse us..put on very bad reputation and call others holy o did they are..no they are not holy..

many many many will come in my name..its not me..

now how many snake dogs cat mouse this and that..did they are sinners..

be bless
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#439504 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
"Jethro's Rules"

1. I'm always right.
2. If ever I'm proven wrong, change the subject and throw in a bunch of irrelevant crap as a distraction and then see rule 1.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#439505 May 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro I know you love that dog and I am sorry, how this turned out for you.
Maybe you should think of getting a new puppy it would be cheaper, and would be a new start for you.
I am doing fine Jethro, still fighting the battle of the bulge, I have no will power. If I didn't exercise I would weigh a ton. LOL
I got a new exercise machine, I love it its like rowing a boat, and lifting weights all at the same time.
I am up to 25 reps at a time now, I feel so good Jethro but got to remind myself that I am nearly 70.
I am not suppose to have muscles with ripples LOL
glad to hear your doing ok,and having muscles at 70 looks sexy (wink wink),as far as a puppy goes under the circumstances i don't think it's a good idea,because my health could swing in a wrong direction at any time and it wouldn't be fair to the dog. she can keep the dog,all i'd like to do is be able to go over there and see her take her for walks,and to parks when ever i can,and i get no replies to my e-mails,i could take her to court but i really don't want to go that route,i don't see any reason we can not be on friendly terms and share the dog.she is a control freak,it's from her mothers side,and paranoid from her fathers side,he used to make them run away from relatives he thought were nuts,which was not the case one of his sisters had anxiety problems so anytime they ran into each other he would run from her that is strange don't you think? and he always has a negative attitude about everything.he's a nice guy but he does things the hard way.and they are strict Catholics,very religious.they think my "ex" goes to church everyday cause she says she does,she hasn't gone in more than a year.when they pass on, she is leaving the church because of the molestation scandal.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#439506 May 10, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes we think you must be wrong on all things since you wrong on most things:)
Is the gotquestions.org site wrong about Jesus and wine?
Michael

Canada

#439507 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I think it's pretty widely held that Christ was crucified by operatives of the Roman Empire.
I though you said you were a lapsed Catholic. Did you lapse before you learned to read?
(lol) Up until the 1960s the roman catholic churches position was that the Jews killed this man Jesus.

2011 Pope Benedict says yup I conclude it wasn't the jews that killed Jesus.

Almost 2,000 years and no one in the church had any Idea who killed this man?

March 2nd, 2011
12:47 PM ET
Share this on: Facebook Twitter Digg del.icio.us reddit MySpace StumbleUpon Jews did not kill Jesus, pope writes in new book
The Jewish people are not collectively responsible for the death of Jesus, Pope Benedict XVI writes a book to be published next week.

Many Catholics and other Christians blamed Jews for Jesus' death for hundreds of years, but the Catholic Church FORMALLY repudiated that assertion in the 1960s.

Wouldn't you think Dan that the holy spirit would have notified every pope of what happened 2,000 years ago? Evidentally not!

marge

Leesburg, GA

#439508 May 10, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting question.
I wonder if there is some sort of purification process that takes place after death where the souls of the faithful who die in the friendship of the Lord are brought to perfection? Since nothing unclean can enter Heaven, there must be.
1:6And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

It's God's will Regina.

Lunch time, leftover chicken mexican cassarole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web