Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670239 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#439454 May 10, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
This is BS, Jethro. I don't know what this is and don't care.
You stated that there was a "church fee" for partaking of the Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession). Now.....where is the link to an approved Church source that states one pays such a "fee"???? If you don't come up with one in the next few minutes, I expect a full apology for this and every other lie you've ever told about the Catholic Church.
the Roman Catholics charged fees ... charge a fee for presiding over the sacraments (baptism, holy communion, confirmation, reconciliation "[confession" ...
www.saint-augustine.org/_aug02/ef0802a.htm ...... I'm surprised they don't have pay toilets in every church.......i see the word confession don't you? they charge or expect a fee for everything they do,and confession is one of them what ever catholic group puts out this web site says so,and "IF" it is the "true church" what they say must be true right?
truth

Perth, Australia

#439455 May 10, 2013
what is in my mind
my son return home
i say oh don't fill very well
yes he help me something
but few days after i fill in my mind oh i say..
is that something in my mind that my intelectual ability going be control..
i fill that..

but you not tell me
who is that man what i see..i describe to you before

first i see as light yes some room..unusual room..no any things except one..i see something go out not to much hard or heavy..its like table..on table stay man..yes but as sleep..did he sleep..no..why not ..i will try explain as i could..as i see..or maybe how you call that telepathy..forgive me if i can't express myself on proper way..
have long grey dress..yes but clean in position as he sleep..no hair on top.. no just around ear..as well face..no to much fat as us..no i see white skin face but very small mouth ..i see his cheek much more wide..but look nice as well clean..
as i notice..its try communicated with me..
now did i remember..no to much only what i describe on my poor expression to you..
is that exist here on earth..no i don't think so..then who is that man as mystery what i did not know its exist..yes its light..
oh..you not explain to me..did they put something in my head..did i suffering because of that..no..i liked be honest i don't have pure peace as i wish that i can be..but i liked be with you honest i can be very peaceful and return my happiness too..who disturb me..what entering in my house..who following me..o yes i notice everything..
Michael

Canada

#439456 May 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is God
June and Mike spend hours and hours on a public forum debating about something they don't believe exists....who does this????
Someone like you who says Jesus has to ask Gods approval(even though you believe Jesus is God)(LOL) shows you don't know much of your own belief.(lol)

I am like MOST catholics today.......lapsed.

According to the roman catholic bishops conference in Florida a few years back the bishops stated that across america only 1 in 4 catholics today actually practices their faith. Very dismal numbers.

The big question is why?

Its obvious as a non-practicing catholic, I am in the majority.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#439457 May 10, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>God Bless you.You have remained in hermi and my prayers....
thank you Seraphima,i appreciate your thoughts very much.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439458 May 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
These are not my words but I agree with them:
There is a sense in which God himself turns water into wine year after year in vineyards everywhere around the world. The rains fall from the heavens, the roots take in the moisture, the sunshine, and process the elements. Slowly comes the bloom on the branches, the grapes then form and ripen. In the miracle at Cana, Jesus simply sped up the process.
Fermentation, however, is something that comes about via decomposition. It makes no sense that Jesus would create something pure and at the peak of perfection and then drive it rapidly through the course of fermentation. It's true he could have done it, but why would he do such a thing? The miracle was meant to show the glory of Christ's person. Making what would have amounted to 120 gallons of a dangerous drug, while giving no restriction for its use, certainly isn't consistent with a manifestation of his magnificence. It makes no sense and runs counter to Christ's spotless integrity to purposely corrupt what was natural and healthy for a recreational mind-altering substance.
The concept itself defames the very character of Jesus and puts him in violation of the spirit, if not the letter of the law of God, which reads, "Woe to him who gives drink to his neighbors, pouring it from the wineskin till they are drunk, so that he can gaze on their naked bodies. You will be filled with shame instead of glory"
I know you were not the author of this piece.

However, curious about your opinion on the author here playing the "Jesus Christ/Son of God/Redeemer/Bringer of the New Covenant wouldn't dare cross Habakkuk" card as a logical argument for a self-professed Christian.

I mean, you can be a teetotaler or temperance activist and make arguments against excessive consumption of alcohol (the author gives his leanings here away with the "dangerous drug" thing), but I'm not sure I'd be writing as a Christian that Jesus should have checked Himself on Habakkuk (or anyone else for that matter) before pulling the trigger on a miracle.
truth

Perth, Australia

#439459 May 10, 2013
First Jesus know where i am..second he know how many wicket around me as well who they are and much more worse Jesus know what disturb us as well accuse us..day by days who is accuser as well worse judges.
Is that new for Jesus Christ..no!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#439460 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
One who is perfect would not sin./they would be incapable fo it and impervious to it.
It's really all about Jesus being perfect, the first half of Hebrews 10;

5That is why, when Christa came into the world, he said to God,

“You did not want animal sacrifices or sin offerings.

But you have given me a body to offer.

6You were not pleased with burnt offerings

or other offerings for sin.

7Then I said,‘Look, I have come to do your will, O God—

as is written about me in the Scriptures.’”b

8First, Christ said,“You did not want animal sacrifices or sin offerings or burnt offerings or other offerings for sin, nor were you pleased with them”(though they are required by the law of Moses). 9Then he said,“Look, I have come to do your will.” He cancels the first covenant in order to put the second into effect. 10For God’s will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all time.

11Under the old covenant, the priest stands and ministers before the altar day after day, offering the same sacrifices again and again, which can never take away sins. 12But our High Priest offered himself to God as a single sacrifice for sins, good for all time. Then he sat down in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 13There he waits until his enemies are humbled and made a footstool under his feet. 14For by that one offering he forever made perfect those who are being made holy.

15And the Holy Spirit also testifies that this is so. For he says,

16“This is the new covenant I will make

with my people on that day,c says the Lord:

I will put my laws in their hearts,

and I will write them on their minds.”d

17Then he says,

“I will never again remember

their sins and lawless deeds.”e

18And when sins have been forgiven, there is no need to offer any more sacrifices.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439461 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the Roman Catholics charged fees ... charge a fee for presiding over the sacraments (baptism, holy communion, confirmation, reconciliation "[confession" ...
www.saint-augustine.org/_aug02/ef0802a.htm ...... I'm surprised they don't have pay toilets in every church.......i see the word confession don't you? they charge or expect a fee for everything they do,and confession is one of them what ever catholic group puts out this web site says so,and "IF" it is the "true church" what they say must be true right?
They must have been banking up some coin so they could convert to an Episcopalian Church.

That's what they are. Episcopalian. Your link is to an Episcopalian Church.
Michael

Canada

#439462 May 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Dick Gregory: "If Christ was executed today, I bet Christians would wear little electric chairs around their necks."
http://www.religioustolerance.org/quotes2.htm
The puzzling thing about the Jesus story is that christians can't even tell us what group of people actually killed him if there was such a man. Shouldn't they at least know that?(lol)

If this man did actually die, the scriptures claim it was because a small undescript group of people had a 50-50 choice. This man Jesus or Barabas..........nothing to do with dying for our sins.

Scriptures claim Jesus pissed off his own jewish leaders that lead to his death. Is that how he was suppose to die for our sins by intimidating the church leaders so much that they wanted him dead?

Back in the day Jewish authorities never put people on a cross to die. They stoned them to death.

I still believe this entire story has been fabricated and bits and pieces from past religions created the christianity story.

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#439463 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>The big difference is it would of proved my point that only jesus can absolve you of your sins,man can not,you show me a passage in the scriptures where it clearly states a MAN can absolve you of a sin without confessing that sin to Jesus. James and timothy both say you MUST confess your sin to Jesus,show me i'm wrong.you should be able to find your answer in the O.T. if it exists.
No, your point (before you switched gears) was that St. James wouldn't and didn't say "confess your sins to one another". No allusion to absolving any sins. And you made this point by inserting yourself into a conversation. Give it up jethro. consider it just another smackdown and learn from it.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#439464 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the Roman Catholics charged fees ... charge a fee for presiding over the sacraments (baptism, holy communion, confirmation, reconciliation "[confession" ...
You idiot! That's not a Catholic church!

How's that crow tasting?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#439465 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
One who is perfect would not sin./they would be incapable fo it and impervious to it.
God's will;

10:10
For God’s will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all time.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439466 May 10, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>The big difference is it would of proved my point that only jesus can absolve you of your sins,man can not,you show me a passage in the scriptures where it clearly states a MAN can absolve you of a sin without confessing that sin to Jesus. James and timothy both say you MUST confess your sin to Jesus,show me i'm wrong.you should be able to find your answer in the O.T. if it exists.
No one contends that you may be absolved of sin without confessing same to Christ.

Who said that?

Catholics believe that you confess your sins to Christ through the priest, you pray for God's forgiveness and the priest absolves you of the penalty of your sin with Christ's authority.
Michael

Canada

#439467 May 10, 2013
God sent god down to earth to impregnate a very young girl so she could give birth to god. God was born then died and returned to heaven to be with God.

Explain that to any non christian....
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#439468 May 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No He didn't
and I find it intersting that you use a website that you do not adhere to, to support your beliefs.
I guess I'm different because you wouldn't find me using catholic answers to support mine.
What's even more interesting is that your extremist fundamentalist views differ with a less extreme fundamentlaist website.

We differ in that I will gladly point out the areas where Catholics and fundamentalists agree, whereas you take pains to affirm that there's nothing you can find in Catholicism to agree with.
Michael

Canada

#439469 May 10, 2013
3 equal persons in one God.

..... Let me see: God the father makes all the decisions for the other two equal persons of God.

When do the other two equal persons of God make decisions without the approval of God the father, even though they are all equal persons and one.

......makes no sense at all.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#439470 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not whether you or I "agree" with it-the scriptures never call it "grape juice".
They call it "wine".
16 bazillion translations later, it's still "wine".
Who is John D. Freeman and who proclaimed him "accurate"?
Where I'm going on this is that this and the other piece you presented are labyrinthine post-mortems of scripture undertaken to justify a pre-drawn conclusion ("booze is bad", in this case) that simply ISN'T manifest in scripture.
Christ produced 100s of gallons of intoxicating wine for the use of men, women and children at the wedding. So is Jesus morally responsible if they get drunk?? If they did, wouldn't it ruin Christ's teachings?
Michael

Canada

#439471 May 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one contends that you may be absolved of sin without confessing same to Christ.
Who said that?
Catholics believe that you confess your sins to Christ through the priest, you pray for God's forgiveness and the priest absolves you of the penalty of your sin with Christ's authority.
Dan says.......Catholics believe that you confess your sins to Christ through the priest, you pray for God's forgiveness and the priest absolves you of the penalty of your sin with Christ's authority.

Michael says..........too bad for every Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, or non christian child born and indoctrinated into other beliefs. No hope at all for them.

Aren't you the lucky one just happen to be born into a christian family.

UNBELIEVABLE!
chuck

Dublin, OH

#439472 May 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone like you who says Jesus has to ask Gods approval(even though you believe Jesus is God)(LOL) shows you don't know much of your own belief.(lol)
I am like MOST catholics today.......lapsed.
According to the roman catholic bishops conference in Florida a few years back the bishops stated that across america only 1 in 4 catholics today actually practices their faith. Very dismal numbers.
The big question is why?
Its obvious as a non-practicing catholic, I am in the majority.
I'm not catholic dum dum but thanks for the post.
truth

Perth, Australia

#439473 May 10, 2013
i just left today church..way go home not to much far away just 300-400meters..i see two nice lady..o yes they going toward me..its looks nice clean..o did they are..outside yes ..inside not..when i past.. ear..yes voice within them go out when they see rosary..no they are not humans within..

see
i can notice

Jesus Christ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
News Giant John Paul II statuea (Apr '13) Feb 11 Phart Loudly 41
More from around the web