Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
423,281 - 423,300 of 538,356 Comments Last updated 44 min ago
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439091
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Preachers of religion are all mortal humans "posing" as servants of one or another god.
all of them making their livelyhoods by peddling their gods.

Making money off of God. Preachers/clergy, selling medals, pictures, rosaries...

They are all money makers.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439092
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

who="Dan"
Your minister cannot claim that and I hope he does not.
Christ said that the priest has this authority (Matt. 16:19).
Buddy.

**********
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his discipleS (plural), saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
Mat 16:14 And THEY said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 He saith unto THEM, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter (PETROS...A PIECE OF ROCK), and upon this rock (PETRA...A MASS OF ROCK...PETER SAID TO THE CHRISTIANS, "YOU ARE LIVELY STONES") I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Jesus was speaking to all of the disciples. The ROCK of which He spoke was the revelation of Himself by the Holy Spirit.

Peter himself defines the church as lively stones...all of them pieces of the building (I Pet. 2:5)...a spiritual house (church). In verses 6-8 Peter makes it plain that JESUS is THE ROCK.

Jesus gave the authority to the eleven disciples to fulfill the Great Commission:

Mat 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
Mat 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto THEM, saying, ALL power is given unto ME in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

NO MAN is God on the earth.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439093
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Michael wrote:
.....Pope Francis Tells Nuns: Don’t Be Old Maids
May. 8, 2013 6:55am
VATICAN CITY (TheBlaze/AP)— Pope Francis has told nuns from around the world that they must be spiritual mothers and not “old maids.”
http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.com/story/2...
Yes, Michael.

For the what, 5th time we see a wire report where the Pope (still) does not call the nuns old maids.

You were wrong. That's fine. No need to keep pointing it out.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439094
May 9, 2013
 
958
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I wanted some Beam after reading the post-
You:
Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.("That ye may be healed" speaks of a physical healing of an illness....sins are forgiven...not healed)"
It was the "physical healing of an illness" as a result of the preceding prayer that got me to "faith healing", Ox.
In common usage, faith healing refers to notably overt and ritualistic practices of communal prayer and gestures (such as laying on of hands) that are claimed to solicit divine intervention in initiating spiritual and literal healing.

Show me these words in my post "gestures" "laying on of hands".....
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439095
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.com/story/2...
http://townhall.com/news/world/2013/05/08/pop...
WebImagesMapsMoreSearch toolsVideosNewsBooksBlogsFligh tsDiscussionsApplicationsPaten tsSearch settings
Advanced search
Web History
Search helpThe webThe webPages from CanadaAny timeAny timePast hourPast 24 hoursPast weekPast monthPast yearCustom range...Custom date rangeFromToAll resultsAll resultsSites with imagesDictionaryReading levelTranslated foreign pagesVerbatimHamilton, ONHamilton, ONAuto-detectedAbout 1,440,000 results (0.39 seconds)
......Pope Francis Tells Nuns: Don't Be Old Maids - The Blazewww.theblaze.com/.../pope-francis-tells-... Billy Hallowell - in 253 Google+ circles
1 day ago – VATICAN CITY (TheBlaze/AP)--
...Pope Francis has told nuns from around the ... Pope Francis Tells Nuns: Don't Be Old Maids .... This Is CNN ...Pope to nuns: Don't be old maids - CBS 5 -
KPHOkpho.membercenter.worldnow.com/story/.../... ...
...1 day ago – Pope to nuns: Don't be old maids - CBS 5 - KPHO. Member Center: Create Account|; Log In; Manage Account|; Log Out. SITE SEARCH ...Pope Francis to nuns: Don't be old maids - LunaticOutPostlunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Pope-F... ’t-be-old-maids?action...
...8 hours ago – news CNN - If You're Not Doing Anything Wrong Why Should You Care If They're Watching YOU?...
....Pope Francis to nuns: Don't be old maids ...Pope to nuns: Don't be old maids - Silobreakernews.silobreaker.com/pope-to-nuns-... to nuns: Don't be old maids.... By Jethro Mullen and Farid Ahmed , CNNSavar, Bangladesh
....(CNN)- Pope Francis, speaking at a Mass on Wednesday,...Pope Francis Tells Nuns: Don't Be Old Maids
| TheBlaze.com ...vaticanscandal.com/pope-fra ncis-tells-nuns-dont-be-old-ma ids-theblaze-...&#8206;Cac hed10 hours ago –
...Pope Francis Tells Nuns: Don't Be Old Maids | TheBlaze.com VATICAN CITY ... Pope Francis warns nuns not to be 'old maids'. The pope made ..
.Pope Francis urges nuns not to be 'old maids'| Breaking News ...www.britishbusinessfinder.c om/.../Pope+Francis+urges+nuns +not+to+be+'ol...
...1 day ago – Pope Francis urged a gathering of hundreds of nuns in the Vatican not to be....
... Pope Francis urges nuns not to be 'old maids'. World News · Berkshire ... Police: Fake nuns tried to smuggle cocaine · CNN WORLD - Yesterday ...Pope tells nuns not to be 'old maids'| Breaking News
....Headlineswww.britishbusine ssfinder.com/.../Pope+tells+nu ns+not+to+be+'old+maids'
....21 hours ago – Vatican City: Pope Francis has told nuns from around the globe they ... CNN WORLD · Pope Francis urges nuns not to be 'old maids'- THE ...Pope to nuns: Don't be old maids - AP News - Breaking ...-
....Townhalltownhall.com/news/ world/.../pope-to-nuns-dont-be -old-maids-n1590806&#8206; Cached1 day ago – Pope to nuns: Don't be old maids - AP News:.
· NewsBusted:...Pope Francis Tells Nuns: Don't Be Old Maids - The Blazewww.ehealthcaresolution.com/.../pope-fra... ...
want more news reports.....gottem!
1 day ago – Pope Francis Tells Nuns: Don't Be Old Maids · Toronto
Where's the one I asked for?

Where he calls them old maids?

None of these tell us that.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439096
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.com/story/2...
http://townhall.com/news/world/2013/05/08/pop...
WebImagesMapsMoreSearch toolsVideosNewsBooksBlogsFligh tsDiscussionsApplicationsPaten tsSearch settings
Advanced search
Web History
Search helpThe webThe webPages from CanadaAny timeAny timePast hourPast 24 hoursPast weekPast monthPast yearCustom range...Custom date rangeFromToAll resultsAll resultsSites with imagesDictionaryReading levelTranslated foreign pagesVerbatimHamilton, ONHamilton, ONAuto-detectedAbout 1,440,000 results (0.39 seconds)
......Pope Francis Tells Nuns: Don't Be Old Maids - The Blazewww.theblaze.com/.../pope-francis-tells-... Billy Hallowell - in 253 Google+ circles
1 day ago – VATICAN CITY (TheBlaze/AP)--
...Pope Francis has told nuns from around the ... Pope Francis Tells Nuns: Don't Be Old Maids .... This Is CNN ...Pope to nuns: Don't be old maids - CBS 5 -
KPHOkpho.membercenter.worldnow.com/story/.../... ...
...1 day ago – Pope to nuns: Don't be old maids - CBS 5 - KPHO. Member Center: Create Account|; Log In; Manage Account|; Log Out. SITE SEARCH ...Pope Francis to nuns: Don't be old maids - LunaticOutPostlunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Pope-F... ’t-be-old-maids?action...
...8 hours ago – news CNN - If You're Not Doing Anything Wrong Why Should You Care If They're Watching YOU?...
....Pope Francis to nuns: Don't be old maids ...Pope to nuns: Don't be old maids - Silobreakernews.silobreaker.com/pope-to-nuns-... to nuns: Don't be old maids.... By Jethro Mullen and Farid Ahmed , CNNSavar, Bangladesh
....(CNN)- Pope Francis, speaking at a Mass on Wednesday,...Pope Francis Tells Nuns: Don't Be Old Maids
| TheBlaze.com ...vaticanscandal.com/pope-fra ncis-tells-nuns-dont-be-old-ma ids-theblaze-...&#8206;Cac hed10 hours ago –
...Pope Francis Tells Nuns: Don't Be Old Maids | TheBlaze.com VATICAN CITY ... Pope Francis warns nuns not to be 'old maids'. The pope made ..
.Pope Francis urges nuns not to be 'old maids'| Breaking News ...www.britishbusinessfinder.c om/.../Pope+Francis+urges+nuns +not+to+be+'ol...
...1 day ago – Pope Francis urged a gathering of hundreds of nuns in the Vatican not to be....
... Pope Francis urges nuns not to be 'old maids'. World News · Berkshire ... Police: Fake nuns tried to smuggle cocaine · CNN WORLD - Yesterday ...Pope tells nuns not to be 'old maids'| Breaking News
....Headlineswww.britishbusine ssfinder.com/.../Pope+tells+nu ns+not+to+be+'old+maids'
....21 hours ago – Vatican City: Pope Francis has told nuns from around the globe they ... CNN WORLD · Pope Francis urges nuns not to be 'old maids'- THE ...Pope to nuns: Don't be old maids - AP News - Breaking ...-
....Townhalltownhall.com/news/ world/.../pope-to-nuns-dont-be -old-maids-n1590806&#8206; Cached1 day ago – Pope to nuns: Don't be old maids - AP News:.
· NewsBusted:...Pope Francis Tells Nuns: Don't Be Old Maids - The Blazewww.ehealthcaresolution.com/.../pope-fra... ...
want more news reports.....gottem!
1 day ago – Pope Francis Tells Nuns: Don't Be Old Maids · Toronto
Michael-

Don't be a bad driver.

Did I just call you a bad driver?

You DO speak English, yes?

Any other Canadians on the board here want to help Michael out?

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439097
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "outrage" would carry a bit more weight of you didn't spend so much time throwing out ridiculous claims such as earlier today.
Your doing so, constantly, renders your teeth-gnashing here as somewhat less than sincere.
what claims earlier today? About the sex abusive clergy and the ones who lied and covered them up? About the money laundering scandal in the vatican bank. The radical feminist nuns who do more physical work than any priest I ever saw.

I remember in grade school the two nuns shovelling snow in front of the churh while the two priests were inside probably watching Jerry Springer.

Nuns are the backbone of the church, they are going the way of the doh doh bird.......sad.

How you can tell the catholic church is in trouble is when the most conservative of catholic men and women hardly ever today answer the calling to the priest/sisterhood. Remember these are the most dedicated catholics and with all the shite going on in the church with lies and deceit, I can't blame anyone of them.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439098
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the one I asked for?
Where he calls them old maids?
None of these tell us that.
Everyone of them tells you that. Or are you saying that its just a coincidence that thousands of news services around the world just happen to put the words old maids or spinsters in their news stories right beside Pope Francis name...



..........thanks for reading my posts

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439099
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes both, and the healing came through Jesus not the minister to be clear.
thanks for replying,according to the book of rules you did it correctly,(if god exists)god/jesus heard your confession.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439100
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
Your minister cannot claim that and I hope he does not.
Christ said that the priest has this authority (Matt. 16:19).
Buddy.
**********
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his discipleS (plural), saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
Mat 16:14 And THEY said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 He saith unto THEM, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter (PETROS...A PIECE OF ROCK), and upon this rock (PETRA...A MASS OF ROCK...PETER SAID TO THE CHRISTIANS, "YOU ARE LIVELY STONES") I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Jesus was speaking to all of the disciples. The ROCK of which He spoke was the revelation of Himself by the Holy Spirit.
Peter himself defines the church as lively stones...all of them pieces of the building (I Pet. 2:5)...a spiritual house (church). In verses 6-8 Peter makes it plain that JESUS is THE ROCK.
Jesus gave the authority to the eleven disciples to fulfill the Great Commission:
Mat 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
Mat 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto THEM, saying, ALL power is given unto ME in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
NO MAN is God on the earth.
Catholic priests have apostolic authority (via ordination) as conferred by Christ in the above passages.

Maybe that's why you're having difficulty here.

Without that authority, no man could teach the Gospels authoritatively. We believe the scriptures where Christ ensured that His message will be taught with His authority until His return.

If I understand correctly, your sect does not believe that Christ's ministerial authority on Earth survived past the death of the last apostle.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439101
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the one I asked for?
Where he calls them old maids?
None of these tell us that.
Are you saying Dan that it is correct to refer to the nuns around the world to "not be old maids" You would say that to a nun?

Would you be OK if a neighbor said that to your wife?

2010 the roman catholic bishops conference in Florida indicated that today around america about only 1 in 4 roman catholics actually goes to mandatory sunday mass weekly. 50 years ago those numbers were reveresed.

Imagine a large corporation and only 25% of the workers came to work when required.

The catholic church has already lost western europe. America/Canada are next. Today 1/3rd of all roman catholics in america are Latino. Where are all the western european catholics that once almost totally dominated the catholic landscape in america?

Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439102
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone of them tells you that. Or are you saying that its just a coincidence that thousands of news services around the world just happen to put the words old maids or spinsters in their news stories right beside Pope Francis name...
..........thanks for reading my posts
None say that he called them old maids.

All say that he told them not to be old maids.

Thousands of news services around the world reported that he told them not to be old maids.

No news services around the world have reported that he called them old maids. Just the UNBELIEVABLE news reporting you provide related that.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439103
May 9, 2013
 
043
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
One more time.
As He promised, Jesus forgives the sin.
As He promised in Matt. 16:19, the priest gives absolution and the penalty for the sin is removed.
You don't believe your own NABre pope approved Bible!!!! So, tell me.....what is the source of your "wisdom"????!!!

Quote: Whatever you bind…loosed in heaven: there are many instances in rabbinic literature of the binding-loosing imagery. Of the several meanings given there to the metaphor, two are of special importance here: the giving of authoritative teaching, and the lifting or imposing of the ban of excommunication. It is disputed whether the image of the keys and that of binding and loosing are different metaphors meaning the same thing. In any case, the promise of the keys is given to Peter alone.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439104
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They all say confess to one another....something you said couldn't be true.
and i am correct you can confess, apologize to whom you sinned against but if you do not go to church and confess that same sin,you will not be forgiven for it by god/jesus. As i posted, your book of rules tells you that.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439105
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They all say confess to one another....something you said couldn't be true.
this is correct,...jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you confessed to both your partner and to Jesus/god? or just to your partner?
Yes both, and the healing came through Jesus not the minister to be clear...."this is the proper way"
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439106
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
what claims earlier today? About the sex abusive clergy and the ones who lied and covered them up? About the money laundering scandal in the vatican bank. The radical feminist nuns who do more physical work than any priest I ever saw.
I remember in grade school the two nuns shovelling snow in front of the churh while the two priests were inside probably watching Jerry Springer.
Nuns are the backbone of the church, they are going the way of the doh doh bird.......sad.
How you can tell the catholic church is in trouble is when the most conservative of catholic men and women hardly ever today answer the calling to the priest/sisterhood. Remember these are the most dedicated catholics and with all the shite going on in the church with lies and deceit, I can't blame anyone of them.
The "pope called nuns old maids" crap.

Your diatribe here simply confirms my earlier point. You'll use or create anything for the express purpose of bashing Catholicism. The sex scandal issue is simply a tool of yours for that purpose. You aren't concerned about that issue to any extent past which it can be used for by you to denounce Catholicism.

Sad that you see fit to use their suffering as a rhetorical tool.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439107
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "outrage" would carry a bit more weight of you didn't spend so much time throwing out ridiculous claims such as earlier today.
Your doing so, constantly, renders your teeth-gnashing here as somewhat less than sincere.
Nuns fight back against the vatican:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439108
May 9, 2013
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in religion always perceive there is something wrong with those who don't believe as they believe.
The term is ... mirror idolization.
It matters not (one iota) as to whether you believe as I do June!
You can continue to drift around on your "isolated island" with the rest of your "self proclaimed (SILLY) editorialist (opinionated) authors and writers" (protestant, agnostic and atheists) that you are "forever quoting"!......... I/we as Catholics along with other 1 Billion plus Catholics around the world, will continue to follow (as we always have- for over 2000 years) the Historical and Biblically TRUTH of Jesus Christ in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic, as the Bride of Christ: with Daily Mass, the bible, the Eucharist, Confession, the other additional Sacraments, the Adoration Prayer Chapel, and adhering to the TRUE Spoken and Stated words of Jesus HIMSELF in the Gospel, regarding the One True Universal(Catholic) Church that He initiated in Matthew 16......You my friend--can do want you want! Makes no difference to us Catholics!!! We will continue to pray for you and your misguided, misdirected and condemning heart, mind and soul!!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439109
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't offered to house anybody ... black or white.
Stanley says "that figures".

....all mouth and NO action.

You Really and Truly are a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains.

Go Figure

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439110
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, you've simply issued broad proclamations that scripture doesn't support Catholic doctrine.
When supplied with the scripture that informs a particular doctrine, your response is to disagree and then repeat the broad proclamation made previously.
Bravo, I guess. Way to make an argument.
When supplied with the scripture that informs a particular doctrine, your response is to disagree JETHRO:I have never done this cause as i stated scripture does not support the churches catechism in any way, if it does show me? show me where they were allowed to change the Sabbath? change the commandments,pray to idols? show me where it states the pope is the vicar of Christ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••