Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,395
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438982 May 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~~
YOU CITE YOUR FAULTY TRANSLATION
WHEN IT IS COMPARED WITH THE REST OF THE OTHER TRANSLATION AS THE AUTHORITY..
BECAUSE IT IS EXCLUSIVELY A TRANSLATION OF THE SELFISH ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
IT IS LACED WITH YOUR RELIGIOUS OPINIONS ...JUST LIKE THE BOOK OF MORMONS AND THE BOOK OF THE JW'S.
Faulty translation?

He gave His authority to the Apostles. That's what He does here.
truth

Perth, Australia

#438983 May 9, 2013
i just check up..see light in tiny unite..i left someone in wheelchair..even if war been there no i don't think so i will left nowhere..oh maybe i will knock tommorow is that person allright..
my lovly friend confe you are happy tonight..why is like that?
you know we all suffering deference things confe

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#438984 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not "claiming" anything.
I'm acknowledging what occurred in scripture.
~~~

YOU ARE PROPAGATING AN OPINION...READING IN TO THE WORD OF GOD...

WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO SAY....

Just as the rest of your faulty teaching...are built upon assumptions personal opinions and private interpretations.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#438985 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Just as the rest of your faulty teaching...are built upon assumptions personal opinions and private interpretations.
Christ conferred His authority to the Apostles. Matt. 16:19 relates this.

Do you agree with this or not?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438986 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perspective, what you really mean is "I'm just repeating exactly what GOD says."
Don't you perceive that you are being foolhardy and presumptuous?
I would rather wait until I die to find out if life carries on, and to trust that if it does carry on, it will be whatever it will be.
What will be will be , no I don't believe I am being foolhardy.
I believe there is a God who loves me very much, I have hope and trust in God, not man.
If I put my trust and hope in man that would be foolhardy and presumptuous.
You are already dead June, spiritually speaking.
You have no joy, no hope, no peace, in the state you are in there is no future, you seek after nothing, you are a troubled soul.
I will be praying God turns things around for you June.
JESUS IS THE ANSWER FOR THIS WORLD TODAY ABOVE HIM THERE IS NO OTHER;"JESUS IS THE WAY". THE ONLY WAY.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438987 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Moving past the speculation you present, do you have any opinion on what the scripture passage says?
Words don't have specific meanings. As do others, you read into the words whatever meanings fit your personalized desires.

I don't intend to play that scriptural game.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438988 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
"Just as the rest of your faulty teaching...are built upon assumptions personal opinions and private interpretations."

You're confusing me with a protestant-you describe their theology here.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438989 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Words don't have specific meanings. As do others, you read into the words whatever meanings fit your personalized desires.
We'll disagree RE: words not having specific meanings.

The line I was speaking of is relatively direct, but you're certainly not required to provide any interpretation.
youtube

AOL

#438990 May 9, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#438991 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO!
Had Jesus lived, he would have been a faithful Jewish rabbi, counseling Jews how to also be faithful Jews.
The word Catholic would not have been in his vocabulary.
A small crowd determined the fate of this man. If they chose barabas instead of Jesus how would christianity have ever started?

It was 50/50......the flip of a coin, heads or tails, Jesus or Barabas.

All these bible stories are all made up to create an agenda for the early catholic fathers.

A man claiming to be the 3rd person in God born and living as a Jew, yet Jews don't believe in 3 persons in God.

Thats like me driving a chevy and working at a Ford Dealership.

.....makes no common sense

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#438992 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Faulty translation?
He gave His authority to the Apostles. That's what He does here.
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS Remind me of those that claim exclusive rights to America ...because they say their forefathers come over on the Mayflower..

SALVATION WAS TO THE JEW FIRST AND THE APOSTLE PETER WAS SENT TO THE CIRCUMCISION (the Jews)

Joh 1:11 He/JESUS came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

____

THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Prince George, Canada

#438993 May 9, 2013
To a devout Christian the word scripture would probably mean sacred.

From my point of view, the word scripture means "to mislead those who dare to read."
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438994 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The peoples work you have plagiarized and posted on here fit your personal desires, that is your game then and your religion.
Words do have meaning , what other reason would you have for come on here and playing the devil advocated. JUNE YOU ARE AN ANTI-CHRIST
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#438995 May 9, 2013
Last year former Pope Benedict referred to the american nuns as "radical feminists"

Now new Pope Francis calls these 80 year old women "old maids and spinsters"

Not very nice comments about 80 year old women who dedicated their entire lives to the church sacrificing having a loving husband and children only to be slammed by the very church they help build.

UNBELIEVABLE!
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438996 May 9, 2013
Daily Bible Reading from BibleStudyTools.com

May 9, 2013 - King James Version

Acts 19:1-20
1 And it came to pass , that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, 2 He said unto them , Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed ? And they said unto him , We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. 3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized ? And they said , Unto John's baptism. 4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is , on Christ Jesus. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied . 7 And all the men were about twelve. 8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God. 9 But when divers were hardened , and believed not , but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus. 10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks. 11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: 12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them. 13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying , We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth . 14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva , a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. 15 And the evil spirit answered and said , Jesus I know , and Paul I know ; but who are ye? 16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded . 17 And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified . 18 And many that believed came , and confessed , and shewed their deeds. 19 Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together , and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver. 20 So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed .
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#438997 May 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
What will be will be , no I don't believe I am being foolhardy.
I believe there is a God who loves me very much, I have hope and trust in God, not man.
If I put my trust and hope in man that would be foolhardy and presumptuous.
You are already dead June, spiritually speaking.
You have no joy, no hope, no peace, in the state you are in there is no future, you seek after nothing, you are a troubled soul.
I will be praying God turns things around for you June.
JESUS IS THE ANSWER FOR THIS WORLD TODAY ABOVE HIM THERE IS NO OTHER;"JESUS IS THE WAY". THE ONLY WAY.
LTM says.......I will be praying God turns things around for you June.

MICHAEL says......if God doesn't turn June around what then will you say to God?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438998 May 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
A small crowd determined the fate of this man. If they chose barabas instead of Jesus how would christianity have ever started?
It was 50/50......the flip of a coin, heads or tails, Jesus or Barabas.
All these bible stories are all made up to create an agenda for the early catholic fathers.
A man claiming to be the 3rd person in God born and living as a Jew, yet Jews don't believe in 3 persons in God.
Thats like me driving a chevy and working at a Ford Dealership.
.....makes no common sense
Paraphrasing June's posts now?

"UNBELIEVEABLE"

Prince George, Canada

#438999 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll disagree RE: words not having specific meanings.
The line I was speaking of is relatively direct, but you're certainly not required to provide any interpretation.
Relatively direct to you, means misleading to me.

Try as you might, truth can't be found in what started as other people's fantasies.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439000 May 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
Last year former Pope Benedict referred to the american nuns as "radical feminists"
Now new Pope Francis calls these 80 year old women "old maids and spinsters"
Not very nice comments about 80 year old women who dedicated their entire lives to the church sacrificing having a loving husband and children only to be slammed by the very church they help build.
UNBELIEVABLE!
Neither Pope called them either thing.

Your deliberate misquoting? Not so "UNBELEIVEABLE".
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439001 May 9, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS Remind me of those that claim exclusive rights to America ...because they say their forefathers come over on the Mayflower..
SALVATION WAS TO THE JEW FIRST AND THE APOSTLE PETER WAS SENT TO THE CIRCUMCISION (the Jews)
Joh 1:11 He/JESUS came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
____
THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Given your complete deflection here, I'm assuming you agree with my view of what transpires in Matt. 16:19 and have cherrypicked new verses to "smite" me with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 57 min Le Duped 42
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Married in 9,042
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 19 hr dollarsbill 83,961
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Sat YaWay 173
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
More from around the web