Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599646 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#438945 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
While the Catholics were slaughtering Jews, they were teaching their followers that Jesus the Jew was forgiving sin s in the Catholic confessionals.
If you don't see something very wrong with that picture ... YOU SHOULD!!!
No Jean!! It is with your "distorted and perverted picture" that we (as Catholics) see something VERY wrong!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#438946 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I disagree will you have a tantrum?
:)
No!! Just continue to pray at Daily Mass for your misguided, condemning and confused heart, mind, and soul!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#438947 May 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No minister of the Gospel would say they have the authority to absolve sin, you been deceived buddy.
This is how frustrating it is dealing with you fanatics:
Dad said, "He does so in Gods name. He doe not do so under his own personal authority."

you said: "no minister of the Gospel would say they have the authority to absolve sin. You been deceived buddy."

The thing is, I think you know what you're doing. I think all of you born again fanatics do. At some point you're going to look Christ in the eye.

Catholic convert and former Pentecostal minister Alex Jones said this about that: "What was I supposed to do once i came face to face with truth? Say 'that's nice, but it'll cause me problems? How do I look at the loving savior, who suffered and died for my sins, and say no"?

You been shown truth and given countless chances Marge. Your blatant disregarded for truth by invoking ignorance will not wash your hands - no matter how many times you crank up the Christian music and wave your hands back and forth.
Clay

Hollywood, FL

#438948 May 9, 2013
.**. correction "Dan said" not 'Dad said'.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438949 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If I believed that a creator was real, I wouldn't be so brazen as to claim to know what the creator had in "mind."
After all ... what if I got it all wrong?
What then?
June now that is were man is making their big mistake.

The bible says,
Isaiah 55: 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438950 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Never for himself, and never on behalf of a god. So who is giving the pope information to pass along to the followers.
3 guesses first 2 don't count.

Romans 1:23

King James Version (KJV)

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptable God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things.

Jeremiah 17

5 Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.

6 For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.

7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.

8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#438951 May 9, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No Jean!! It is with your "distorted and perverted picture" that we (as Catholics) see something VERY wrong!!
Preverted picture of the catholic church. LOL
They have sealed their own fate HOJO.
truth

Perth, Australia

#438952 May 9, 2013
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#438953 May 9, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: The reality is "The more I read my bible, the more Catholic I became!!
You mean brainwashed.

.... How can you become more of anything? Does your statement mean you were lessor a catholic the day before you read your bible last? If you read it 10 times more does that make you 10 times more a catholic? SILLY! SILLY!

For years you slammed the protestants for "bible only" belief, and now you come on here saying "the more I read my bible the more Catholic I became"

HIPOCRIT!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#438954 May 9, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!! Just continue to pray at Daily Mass for your misguided, condemning and confused heart, mind, and soul!!
What do you think of Pope Benedicts boyfriend Georg?

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2013/03/pop...

http://www.policymic.com/articles/27254/pope-...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/pope-re...

Do you really believe Pope Benedict emeritus is thinking about Jesus when he is with Georg?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438955 May 9, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
BECAUSE HE IS GOD.
“We [the Popes] hold upon this earth the place of GOD Almighty.”— Pope Leo XIII, The Great Encyclical Letters of Pope Leo XIII, page 304.
“The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, but he is Jesus Christ, Himself, hidden under the veil of human flesh.”— Catholic National, July 1895.
“The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth.”— Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218,“Cities Petrus Bertanous.”
"Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husbandman, thou art finally another God on earth." Christopher Marcellus in Oration addressing Pope Julius II, in Fifth Lateran Council, Session IV (1512), Council Edition. Colm. Agrip. 1618,(Sacrorum Conciliorum, J.D. Mansi (ed.), Vol. 32, col. 761),(also quoted in History of the Councils, vol. XIV, col 109, by Labbe and Cossart).
The Church has never taught that the Pope is God.

RE: the quotes supplied-again, please provide a link to the complete text so the quote can be looked at.

Thanks
Clay

Hollywood, FL

#438956 May 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think of Pope Benedicts boyfriend Georg?
http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2013/03/pop...
http://www.policymic.com/articles/27254/pope-...
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/pope-re...
Do you really believe Pope Benedict emeritus is thinking about Jesus when he is with Georg?
We would expect nothing less from you as far as 'news' goes.

If more Michaels and Oxbows would leave the Catholic Church, the better off we'd be. Thanks for helping Catholicism by leaving, Mike! The Church became THAT much better when you and Ox left. ;-)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438957 May 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No minister of the Gospel would say they have the authority to absolve sin, you been deceived buddy.
Your minister cannot claim that and I hope he does not.

Christ said that the priest has this authority (Matt. 16:19).

Buddy.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438958 May 9, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you see anything in my post that is a proscription to faith healing, you need to slack off of the Jim Beam.....
Oh, I wanted some Beam after reading the post-

You:
Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.("That ye may be healed" speaks of a physical healing of an illness....sins are forgiven...not healed)"

It was the "physical healing of an illness" as a result of the preceding prayer that got me to "faith healing", Ox.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#438959 May 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
just Sayin wrote:
The Church teaches that, yes.
And the Church also teaches that God works through people to minister His graces.
That is a hard concept, I know, when the "It's me-n-Jesus" thing has been so overly emphasized.
God works through people to bring others to HIMSELF, not to THEMSELVES, or their particular group.
KayMarie
~~~

The apostle Peter believed that God sent Jesus...and He was exclusive above all..That Jesus had the words of eternal life...

His words were..

Joh 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Joh 6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

Joh 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Joh 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

No where...did Peter say anything about and exclusive Church in Rome Italy...having the words of eternal life, a franchise nor a monopoly upon the words of eternal life, or that that specific religious system was EVEN involved.

Those that make such a claim are playing god.

~~~

Jesus gave His life to ransom all man kind, to redeem us all.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC (so called ) CHURCH CONDEMNS ALL THAT ARE NOT OF THEIR EXCLUSIVE RELIGIOUS GROUP...

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Jesus ransomed me.

There’s a sweet and blessed story
Of the Christ who came from glory,
Just to rescue me from sin and misery;
He in loving-kindness sought me,
And from sin and shame hath brought me,
Hallelujah! Jesus ransomed me.

Refrain:
Hallelujah! what a Savior,
Who can take a poor, lost sinner,
Lift him from the miry clay and set me free!
I will ever tell the story,
Shouting glory, glory, glory,
Hallelujah! Jesus lifted me.

From the depth of sin and sadness
To the heights of joy and gladness
Jesus lifted me, in mercy full and free;
With His precious blood He bought me,
When I knew Him not, He sought me,
And in love divine He ransomed me.

Refrain:

From the throne of heav’nly glory—
Oh, the sweet and blessed story!—
Jesus came to lift the lost in sin and woe
Into liberty all-glorious,
Trophies of His grace victorious,
Evermore rejoicing here below.

Refrain:

By and by, with joy increasing,
And with gratitude unceasing,
Lifted up with Christ forevermore to be,
I will join the hosts there singing,
In the anthem ever ringing,
To the King of Love who ransomed me.

Refrain:
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438960 May 9, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative. There,s no absolution without repentance from the heart. This is only granted by God alone.
A regular every day sinner has no power to force forgiveness on anyone against the will of the Father.
Liberals have that illogical mindset too.
Of course, genuine penitence is required. Didn't mention that, but didn't know I had to.

Who's "forcing" anything? You go to confession-they don't go to you.

You're equating forgiveness with absolution.

God forgives the sin.

The priest provides absolution (removes the penalty).
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438961 May 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
God is jealous over you Dan, He wants you to go to Him alone.
I don't think Christ acted randomly whilst on Earth, nor do I think He made mistakes, so I do as He instructs and promised and go to His Church.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438962 May 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing is impossible with God:)
....except, apparently, fulfilling His own words in scripture RE: working through men for the absolution of sin, being present in the Eucharist, etc.

Other than those few things, nothing's impossible with God, right?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#438963 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your minister cannot claim that and I hope he does not.
Christ said that the priest has this authority (Matt. 16:19).
Buddy.
YOU LIE

Matthew 16:19

(DRB) And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

(Geneva) And I will giue vnto thee the keyes of the kingdome of heauen, and whatsoeuer thou shalt binde vpon earth, shalbe bound in heauen: and whatsoeuer thou shalt loose on earth, shall be loosed in heauen.

(KJV) And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

(Vulgate) et tibi dabo claves regni caelorum et quodcumque ligaveris super terram erit ligatum in caelis et quodcumque solveris super terram erit solutum in caelis

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NOT ANY OTHER IS MENTIONED IN MATTHEW 16:19
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438964 May 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The apostle Peter believed that God sent Jesus...and He was exclusive above all..That Jesus had the words of eternal life...
His words were..
Joh 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
Joh 6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
Joh 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
Joh 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
No where...did Peter say anything about and exclusive Church in Rome Italy...having the words of eternal life, a franchise nor a monopoly upon the words of eternal life, or that that specific religious system was EVEN involved.
Those that make such a claim are playing god.
~~~
Jesus gave His life to ransom all man kind, to redeem us all.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC (so called ) CHURCH CONDEMNS ALL THAT ARE NOT OF THEIR EXCLUSIVE RELIGIOUS GROUP...
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Jesus ransomed me.
There’s a sweet and blessed story
Of the Christ who came from glory,
Just to rescue me from sin and misery;
He in loving-kindness sought me,
And from sin and shame hath brought me,
Hallelujah! Jesus ransomed me.
Refrain:
From the depth of sin and sadness
To the heights of joy and gladness
Jesus lifted me, in mercy full and free;
With His precious blood He bought me,
When I knew Him not, He sought me,
And in love divine He ransomed me.
Refrain:
From the throne of heav’nly glory—
Oh, the sweet and blessed story!—
Jesus came to lift the lost in sin and woe
Into liberty all-glorious,
Trophies of His grace victorious,
Evermore rejoicing here below.
Refrain:
By and by, with joy increasing,
And with gratitude unceasing,
Lifted up with Christ forevermore to be,
I will join the hosts there singing,
In the anthem ever ringing,
To the King of Love who ransomed me.
Refrain:
Wow-didn't know that protestants knew how to find John 6.

You treat John 6 23:58 like it's radioactive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 min Redeemed 84,318
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 1 hr Paul Porter1 266
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web