Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
422,981 - 423,000 of 532,791 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you lose two daughters? That's terrible. How did they die?
One died in her crib and one died from suicide.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
The lawyers of the man who was guilty stated they knew he was guilty but they were not allowed (without permission from the real killer) to divulge the information to the court.
And to top it off, the real killer was in the same prison with the innocent man on other charges, when asked to confess by the innocent man, he laughed in his face.
This story (in part) reminded me of the priest who also kept his silence while a man he knew was innocent of murder spent ten years in prison.
Some thing is very wrong with these two systems.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
26-Year Secret Kept Innocent Man In Prison
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-3914719...
I don't recall you ever linking the priest story.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>

Christ brings us to Him through the Church He established.
No - in truth it is a choice a person made to either accept his teachings or not.

Christianity only chose to accept a portion of them. Thus another choice was made.

These choices - and you don't agree with their origin - Self, is what brings together those two components of Jesus and people.

Self.

Again, why don't you believe Jesus when he says that it is?

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is written in the Bible to confess our sins to each other. The verses were posted many times yesterday. Jesus told us to, so we do. Catholics confess to a priest who has been given authority to absolve sins and who is sworn to secrecy.
Protestants are free to confess to anyone they choose, including the town gossip.
The forgiveness of sin by God is never hinged in Scripture on confession to one another. The tax collector went away justified simply by asking God to be merciful to him (Luke 18:9-14). The thief on the cross went to heaven though he never confessed to those whom he had wronged. Though the forgiveness of God is sometimes stated to be dependent on whether we are willing to forgive another (see Matthew 6:14-15;18:21-35), it is never stated to be dependent on the confession of our own sins to others. God's forgiveness is given when we confess to Him. Luke 17:3-4, Jesus tells us that when a brother sins against us, we should rebuke him, and if he repents we are to forgive him. The repentance here at least implies confession. The prodigal son when he returned home said to his father: "I have sinned against heaven and in your sight" (Luke 15:21).(Again, notice, the confession is not that "I have squandered your wealth on prostitutes." The confession is not in the details, but in the acknowledgment of the sin.) In Numbers 5:6-8, the LORD gave command that those who sin shall confess the sin and make restitution to the one whom he has wronged. While this passage does not explicitly state to whom the confession is to be made, the implication is that the confession should be both to God and to the person wronged. In each of these situations, there is a wrong against the person, the person knows that he has been wronged, and the confession serves to seek the restoration of relationship and community.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mr. Internet, since you have no problem quoting from satanworshippers.com , I would hope you're able to find the Epistle of St. James somewhere out there...
i did as you will see if you read my post.quite a few different versions,which one is the correct one.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Rick Warren, whose son committed suicide, according to Rick suffered from mental illness.
Yet Rick Warren being a faith-filled Christian MUST believe that suicide is against GOD's plan.
My guess is, the pastor will look for a "fitting" scripture that will indicate that his own son will be sure to receive mercy from the suddenly all-merciful GOD.
There's something askew in this picture. It hangs sideways on the wall.
Suicide isn't in God's plan, God is the God of the living not the dead.

Matthew 10:28

28 And fear not them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him that is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

If God sent His son to die so we could have everlasting life, Why would He want someone to kill themselves.
His Commandment "THOU SHALL NOT KILL".

WHAT HAPPENS TO PEOPLE WHO COMMIT SUICIDE, HOW DOES GOD DEAL WITH THEM, THAT IS GOD'S BUSINESS.
GOD IS A MERCIFUL GOD, HIS MERCY ENDURETH FOREVER

MATTHEW 10

26 Fear them not therefore, for there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed, and hid that shall not be known.

27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light; and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

28 And fear not them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him that is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

29 “Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? And one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

31 Fear ye not, therefore; ye are of more value than many sparrows.

32 “Whosoever therefore shall confess Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father who is in Heaven.

33 But whosoever shall deny Me before men, him will I also deny before My Father who is in Heaven.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM, WITH GOD AT THE TIME OF DEATH.
DID YOU KNOW YOUR DAUGHTERS HEART, HER PAIN WAS FELT IN GOD'S OWN HEART. STOP JUDGING YOUR DAUGHTER AND ASSUME YOU KNOW WHERE SHE IS.

"THERE IS NO CONDENMATION EXCEPT WHAT IS COMMON TO MAN"
IN OTHER WORDS MAN CONDEMNS WHAT GOD DOES NOT.
ROMANS 8 :31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is written in the Bible to confess our sins to each other. The verses were posted many times yesterday. Jesus told us to, so we do. Catholics confess to a priest who has been given authority to absolve sins and who is sworn to secrecy.
Protestants are free to confess to anyone they choose, including the town gossip.
sorry but i see nothing that styates it's ok to confess to anyone else but jesus and be relieved of that sin.if you wrong someone and confess to them,that is a different story,but you would you not have to confess to god/jesus also to absolved of that sin??
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I know what your talking about, we went to couples theropy, we confessed many sins and received much healing through prayer.
Well that's good. See how God works through people?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
just Sayin wrote:
The Church teaches that, yes.
And the Church also teaches that God works through people to minister His graces.
That is a hard concept, I know, when the "It's me-n-Jesus" thing has been so overly emphasized.
God works through people to bring others to HIMSELF, not to THEMSELVES, or their particular group.
KayMarie
It's the me-n-Jesus thing again. Each believer has their own personal Jesus and each walks alone with their personal Jesus and no one else is supposed to "interfere". I get the impression that people like you believe there is a Jesus vending machine or something up in heaven with millions of Jesuses in it.
Order yours today!
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
better watch what you mock, dan too;
~~~~~~~
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.
I'll watch what I mock as soon as you watch what you insinuate.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>The forgiveness of sin by God is never hinged in Scripture on confession to one another. The tax collector went away justified simply by asking God to be merciful to him (Luke 18:9-14). The thief on the cross went to heaven though he never confessed to those whom he had wronged. Though the forgiveness of God is sometimes stated to be dependent on whether we are willing to forgive another (see Matthew 6:14-15;18:21-35), it is never stated to be dependent on the confession of our own sins to others. God's forgiveness is given when we confess to Him. Luke 17:3-4, Jesus tells us that when a brother sins against us, we should rebuke him, and if he repents we are to forgive him. The repentance here at least implies confession. The prodigal son when he returned home said to his father: "I have sinned against heaven and in your sight" (Luke 15:21).(Again, notice, the confession is not that "I have squandered your wealth on prostitutes." The confession is not in the details, but in the acknowledgment of the sin.) In Numbers 5:6-8, the LORD gave command that those who sin shall confess the sin and make restitution to the one whom he has wronged. While this passage does not explicitly state to whom the confession is to be made, the implication is that the confession should be both to God and to the person wronged. In each of these situations, there is a wrong against the person, the person knows that he has been wronged, and the confession serves to seek the restoration of relationship and community.
Well, Jesus was right in front of the tax collector. Ditto for the thief.

James writes after the Resurrection.

Numbers 5: which you quoted buttresses, rather than refutes, Catholic belief and practice. Confession is a public act (you walk into the confessional publicly) and you seek forgiveness for transgressions against Him and your neighbor, restoring your relationship with both.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Timothy supercedes James?
James is to be torn out of one's Bible, yes?
i can ask you the same thing,the bible is infallible so the church says,so which passage is correct? Timmy or Jim? which passage came first? are they both correct? one contradicts the other,so how can they both be right?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry but i see nothing that styates it's ok to confess to anyone else but jesus and be relieved of that sin.if you wrong someone and confess to them,that is a different story,but you would you not have to confess to god/jesus also to absolved of that sin??
When James wrote "confess your sins to another that you may be healed", what do you think that meant?

Healed of what?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i can ask you the same thing,the bible is infallible so the church says,so which passage is correct? Timmy or Jim? which passage came first? are they both correct? one contradicts the other,so how can they both be right?
I wasn't playing "dueling Bible verses", you were.

The Church teaches to confess our sins to a priest to receive God's grace and forgiveness.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I know what your talking about, we went to couples theropy, we confessed many sins and received much healing through prayer.
you confessed to both your partner and to Jesus/god? or just to your partner?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
In Canada.
you have pictures? love to see them?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We only get mean with rubes like you who don't have a clue what you're talking about while proceeding to trash everything we hold sacred.
at least i know the difference between the truth and B.S. when i read it, and you my friend are being fed bull cookies every Sunday,that is if you go to church every Sunday.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>The forgiveness of sin by God is never hinged in Scripture on confession to one another. The tax collector went away justified simply by asking God to be merciful to him (Luke 18:9-14). The thief on the cross went to heaven though he never confessed to those whom he had wronged. Though the forgiveness of God is sometimes stated to be dependent on whether we are willing to forgive another (see Matthew 6:14-15;18:21-35), it is never stated to be dependent on the confession of our own sins to others. God's forgiveness is given when we confess to Him. Luke 17:3-4, Jesus tells us that when a brother sins against us, we should rebuke him, and if he repents we are to forgive him. The repentance here at least implies confession. The prodigal son when he returned home said to his father: "I have sinned against heaven and in your sight" (Luke 15:21).(Again, notice, the confession is not that "I have squandered your wealth on prostitutes." The confession is not in the details, but in the acknowledgment of the sin.) In Numbers 5:6-8, the LORD gave command that those who sin shall confess the sin and make restitution to the one whom he has wronged. While this passage does not explicitly state to whom the confession is to be made, the implication is that the confession should be both to God and to the person wronged. In each of these situations, there is a wrong against the person, the person knows that he has been wronged, and the confession serves to seek the restoration of relationship and community.
It is all through Leviticus that the people are to go to the priest for atonement and forgiveness.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Jesus told us to love one another (John 13:34-35). John tells us that the one who loves knows God (1 John 4:7). Paul tells us that love fulfills the law (Romans 13:8; Galatians 5:13). Scripture also tells us that love covers a multitude of sins (Proverbs 10:12; 1 Peter 4:8). Those who love will not seek to hear the details of the sins of others, and those who love will not seek to hurt others with the details of their sins.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry but i see nothing that styates it's ok to confess to anyone else but jesus and be relieved of that sin.if you wrong someone and confess to them,that is a different story,but you would you not have to confess to god/jesus also to absolved of that sin??
Are you saying that Catholics don't confess sins to God? Catholics know that God is there with them in the confessional and hears the confession and forgives the sin. The confession is to God in the presence of the priest.
You know: "where 2 or more are gathered in my name, there I am in their midst"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Gee-Tee 8,146
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••