Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665514 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#439050 May 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis yesterday said........and its in all the media around the world
http://www.topix.com/religion/catholic/2013/0...
80 year old women who have been the backbone of the church, sacrificing themeselves for mother church, only to be slammed by the head honcho because none of these panzies in the vatican like women. They are all women haters.
very sad!
Said what? Said what, Michael?

He didn't call the old maids or spinsters, so what did he say?

LOL.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439051 May 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews were waiting for a military like leader. Jews do not believe in a trinity or sons of god. So why would Jesus be born the son of God into Judiasm if Judiasm does not teach or believe in the trinity?
......makes no common sense
A man living his entire life a jew, practicing his faith as a Jew then at the last minute dumps his life long religion to start another religion completely the opposite of the one he embraced for 33 years, a new religion with no plan of operation, no rules or regulations.(lol)
UNBELIEVABLE!
"squawk"

How's parroting June's posts coming along?

Jews were and are waiting for the messiah. Pass that along to June, Polly.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#439052 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a fact that Judaism teaches there is a messiah and that he has not come yet.
Do you believe that another savior other than Jesus is coming in the future? Or do you believe that Jesus is the last one needed to come to earth with the absolute truth given to Catholics?

The Jews were the chosen few. Why would they have needed a savior ... especially one that would bar them from heaven unless they were Catholic?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439053 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"Died in the wool" is my terminology.
You don't own words. As do you, I can also manipulate words to suit my desires.
I just don't do it in the guise of leading others to the one and only god ... that according to theology ... just happens to be a Jew.
:)
You sure manipulate facts. Why not words?

Prince George, Canada

#439054 May 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews believe in one God,
Yes ... and he serves ONLY Jews ... not Catholics and Protestants.

Mythology is very silly ... but they all want to believe that one or another deity finds them irresistible.

Fools dine on mental frivolities.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439055 May 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews believe in one God, not three persons in one God. So! why would Jesus a Jew claiming to be the son of God be born into a religion that doesn't believe in sons of God.
makes no common sense!
I'm sure it doesn't to you, since you're too thick to understand that Christianity didn't/couldn't exist at the time of Christ's birth.

The rest of us aren't afflicted similarly.

Prince George, Canada

#439056 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure manipulate facts. Why not words?
My goodness, you are cranky.

I thought the term "died in the wool Catholic" was rather "catchy."

Dan

Omaha, NE

#439057 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that another savior other than Jesus is coming in the future? Or do you believe that Jesus is the last one needed to come to earth with the absolute truth given to Catholics?
The Jews were the chosen few. Why would they have needed a savior ... especially one that would bar them from heaven unless they were Catholic?
Ask a Jew on why they believe they need a savior.

They believe they do and that he hasn't come yet.
disciple

Murrieta, CA

#439058 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, genuine penitence is required. Didn't mention that, but didn't know I had to.
Who's "forcing" anything? You go to confession-they don't go to you.
You're equating forgiveness with absolution.
God forgives the sin.
The priest provides absolution (removes the penalty).
Nope!

Prince George, Canada

#439059 May 9, 2013
Everybody is in a mad rush to be saved.

It's strange that no body wants to be lost ... and yet ... according to all of the Abrahamic theologians as they pointed outward at evil ... everybody who didn't believe as they believed were going to be lost to salvation.

That means everybody is lost.

I'll go for THAT theology ... as it creates a level playing field with no animosity involved.

If you are lost and I am lost ... then we're all in the same "boat." No hard feelings whatsoever.

Isn't it nice that we all get along so well?

Prince George, Canada

#439060 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask a Jew on why they believe they need a savior.
They believe they do and that he hasn't come yet.
You go for it. If you find one, I'd appreciate having the name of the person, so I could have a chat with him/her and found out what's missing.

Michael

Canada

#439061 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that the Pope called them old maids and spinsters. He didn't.
"Now new Pope Francis calls these 80 year old women "old maids and spinsters"
Not very nice comments about 80 year old women who dedicated their entire lives to the church sacrificing having a loving husband and children only to be slammed by the very church they help build.
UNBELIEVABLE! "
You can't read, and I'm the one in "denial". Yeah.
Having been called out, of course you revert to the "Godwin's Law" of Catholic discussion, the sex scandal.
Dumbass. You were better off parroting June's posts. at least she remembers what she writes.
Its in all the news media around the world today........Pope Francis tells nuns around the world to not act like old maids or spinsters.

I know your single news source is always accurate and the rest of the world is wrong.

What are you going to say next? That the sex abuse scandals by catholic church leaders has not been going on for the past 17 centuries?(lol) Its all there right in your own church canon laws and papal documents and this clearly shows there is a perverted sub culture within the catholic clergy.

UNBELIEVABLE!.........thanks for reading my posts

Prince George, Canada

#439062 May 9, 2013
find out
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439063 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I get cranked up when I have to run down rabbit holes.

Michael just lies, and I know that, but I can't believe I'd be subject to dissertations on theology from someone who doesn't know (or pretends not to know) that Judaism teaches about a messiah.

C'mon. I mean, really.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439064 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You go for it. If you find one, I'd appreciate having the name of the person, so I could have a chat with him/her and found out what's missing.
My daughter's best friend is Jewish. I'll ask her.
Michael

Canada

#439065 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it doesn't to you, since you're too thick to understand that Christianity didn't/couldn't exist at the time of Christ's birth.
The rest of us aren't afflicted similarly.
All these christianity stories of miracles, sons of god, eternal salvation, baptism, holy meal consisting of blood and flesh were all told by mythical gods 1,000 years before the Jesus story. Didn't you know that?.

...and you thought everything taught in christianity was first time UNIQUE..........you have been duped.

read the history of religions below..........and learn Dan, the core teachings of christianity are old hat.

http://pocm.info/
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439066 May 9, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope!
"Nope" to what?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439067 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wear wool.

Too itchy.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439068 May 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Its in all the news media around the world today........Pope Francis tells nuns around the world to not act like old maids or spinsters.
I know your single news source is always accurate and the rest of the world is wrong.
What are you going to say next? That the sex abuse scandals by catholic church leaders has not been going on for the past 17 centuries?(lol) Its all there right in your own church canon laws and papal documents and this clearly shows there is a perverted sub culture within the catholic clergy.
UNBELIEVABLE!.........thanks for reading my posts
You were wrong. Not the rest of the world. Just you.

Find me a wire service report where he calls them old maids vs. telling them not to act like old maids and we'll talk.
Michael

Canada

#439069 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that the Pope called them old maids and spinsters. He didn't.you revert to the "Godwin's Law" of Catholic discussion, the sex scandal.
Dumbass. You were better off parroting June's posts. at least she remembers what she writes.
......The core of Christianity—the worship of a miracle working, walking, talking godman who brings salvation—was also the core of other ancient religions that began at least a thousand years before Jesus......HELLO!

.....What you'll learn is that ancient cultures around the Mediterranean shared standard ideas about Gods and their powers and place in the universe—and that Christianity simply adopted those ideas and applied them to Jesus and made him their own.

......Ancient people knew godmen did miracles. The first Christians thought Jesus was a godman, so they told stories about Jesus doing miracles. They even had Him doing the same miracles as the other godmen.(lol)

.....Heaven, hell, prophecy, daemon possession, sacrifice, initiation by baptism, communion with God through a holy meal, the Holy Spirit, monotheism, immortality of the soul, and many other "Christian" ideas all belonged to earlier, older Pagan faiths. They were simply part of ancient Mediterranean culture. Along with miracle working sons of God, born of a mortal woman, they were common elements of pre-Christian Pagan religion. Mithras had 'em. So did Dionysus, Attis, Osiris, and Orpheus. And more.

And they had them generations—centuries— before Jesus was a twinkle in Saint Paul's eye.

sorry for the bad news. The Jesus story was just a warmed over version of the many that came before.

......and you beleived everything about christianity and Jesus were UNIQUE.

....The only reason christianity carries on today is because of family-indoctrinated-tradition ..........very few people find the faith on their own. You become what mom and dad wants you to become........just like them.(lol)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 5 hr Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web