Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
422,961 - 422,980 of 533,519 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I know what your talking about, we went to couples theropy, we confessed many sins and received much healing through prayer.
With a minister?

If so,(and glad your experience was beneficial), why is this OK, but Catholic belief in the role of the ministry beyond comprehension?

It seems to be a matter of degree with you guys. They can baptize you, marry you, bury you, help at the sessions you describe above, and preach scripture to you (despite the collective notion amongst you that you should read the Bible and interpret it yourselves), but anything else, despite a scriptural basis for it, is somehow "bad" or "wrong"?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

money is evil inventor to control system of humanity=Timothy confirm on the end as pupil of Paul..now=he teach his lesson

why i am wrong because about what..all prophets see col-ups of humans systems..what they done with them abusing assault put in prison judge them killed them

many will come in real jesus name

he told you its not him

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

all these are about what st. James 5:16 supposedly said according to you,so which one is right??
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Thanks!

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. Christians used the handy word "heresy" to kill millions of people. And as the theologians were the ones to decide what was heresy, the fires at the stake were burning bright non-stop in one place or another ... wherever the Christians resided.
The Christians would hand out bibles and then take over the lands and other possessions of the locals.
shake your right hand stab you with their left.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

The lawyers of the man who was guilty stated they knew he was guilty but they were not allowed (without permission from the real killer) to divulge the information to the court.

And to top it off, the real killer was in the same prison with the innocent man on other charges, when asked to confess by the innocent man, he laughed in his face.

This story (in part) reminded me of the priest who also kept his silence while a man he knew was innocent of murder spent ten years in prison.

Some thing is very wrong with these two systems.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

26-Year Secret Kept Innocent Man In Prison

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-3914719...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
There are many, many religions in the world, no doubt about it.
But there is only one God ,one faith, one baptism,
Yes greed-guts ... I understand as do all others ... you favor your own.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry to hear you were assaulted like that,totally uncalled for,funny how the meanest people in the world are religious,where as i and most likely you also do not resort to violent assaults like that. i do confess i get upset now and then,when someone accuses you of being something your not,other wise i don't get upset if someone disagrees with me,all i ask is prove me wrong in historical facts,not man made B.S. that the catholic church slings.And it does.
We only get mean with rubes like you who don't have a clue what you're talking about while proceeding to trash everything we hold sacred.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>which version is the correct one. continued to next post.
Pick whichever one you like best.

They all say confess your sins to another that they may be healed.

"they" being the sins.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Bible’s number of in English.

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Bible, the English. The Principal versions in chronological order are;

Wyclif’s Bible.
Tyndate’s Bible.
Coverdale’s Bible.
Mathew’s Bible.
Taverner’s Bible.
The Great Bible.
Cromwell’s Bible.
Cranmer’s Bible.
The Geneva Bible.
The Bishop’s Bible.
Matthew Parker’s Bible.
The Douai Bible.
King James Bible The AUTHORIZED VERSION.
The Revised Version.
The American Standard Version.
The New Testament in Modern Speech.
Moffat’s Translation.
Knox Version.
The Revised Standard Version.
The New Testament in Modern English.
The New English Bible.
The Jerusalem Bible.
The Revised Standard Version Common Bible.
The Good News Bible: Today’s English Version.
The New International Version.
The Adulterous Bible.
The Bad Bible.
The Bear Bible.
Bedell’s Bible.
The Breeches Bible.
The Brother’s Bible.
The Bug Bible.
Camel’s Bible.
Computensian Polygot.
The Denial Bible.
The Discharge Bible.
The Ears to Ear Bible.
The Ferrara Bible.
The Forgotten Sins Bible.
The Forty-two-line Bible.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>which version is the correct one. continued to next post.
Pardon me-that "you" may be healed.

Confess to another so that you may be healed.

Healed of what? The sin.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
all these are about what st. James 5:16 supposedly said according to you,so which one is right??
They all say the same thing.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>shake your right hand stab you with their left.
Either one would do ... in a pinch.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church teaches that, yes.
And the Church also teaches that God works through people to minister His graces.
That is a hard concept, I know, when the "It's me-n-Jesus" thing has been so overly emphasized.
better watch what you mock, dan too;

~~~~~~~

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Much harm was caused to the Native Indians by the Christians ... but I don't wish to imply that the Natives were not brutal to each other, as it seems that was the case as they warred and stole each other's women non-stop.
Humans simply are not nice and in order to accept without malice the reality of selfishness in others, I must first be comfortable with the recognition and acceptance of my own selfish nature.
Thanks for the compliment, but I realize that you feel a sense of comfort with my presence only because you agree with what I post.
If I was on a different wave-length than you, my guess is, you would not be glad to "know" me. However, I don't expect it to be otherwise on a forum.
man needs hobbies the lack of them caused wars to pass the time,i see no other reason for them,and your wrong as to why i like you,i like the fact you are honest in your posts no matter if i agree or not,there are a few people on here that i admire for their stand on their beliefs that do not agree with mine,but we get along fine,there is no comfort zone feeling here,i just like your style of dealing with people when they condemn your beliefs,you stay cool under fire.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
You insisted that there's no way St. James said to confess to one another because it contradicts 1 Timothy. Is there any wonder no one takes you seriously?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
just Sayin wrote:
The Church teaches that, yes.
And the Church also teaches that God works through people to minister His graces.
That is a hard concept, I know, when the "It's me-n-Jesus" thing has been so overly emphasized.
God works through people to bring others to HIMSELF, not to THEMSELVES, or their particular group.
KayMarie
You don't believe that. You regard Holy Communion as a mere exercise in fellowship with each other. You removed Christ from it.

Christ brings us to Him through the Church He established.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The hair-flipping Ann Coulter brags of having the "fast-track" to heaven. Anyone who believes in Jesus has their sins wiped clean and are ready to go.
Simple and easy ... no need to go to a priest these days.
I do admire her tenacity. She out-smarted the pope, because she can do what she wants, and Jesus will take into "account" that she believes in him, so ALL debts are paid. No need for penance and guilt and all that other messy stuff.
If religion wasn't the cause of such suffering ... it would be the hilarious stuff of the best of comedy.
:)
it does make for good movies,i do enjoy the bible by john Houston,haven't seen it in awhile,and can't find it on dvd.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about having "FAITH" my "child."
:)
sorry but i don't follow blind faith.that's like buying a house before you see it.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

My guess is, everyone who goes to the bible (sooner or later) perceives their selves as theologians in the HIGHEST sense of the WORD!

They can't help their selves. It's too much temptation for their egos. They are caught in a self-make trap of arrogance and simply can't back off to take a different point of view.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 24 min Cultastic 8,196
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 12 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 31
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 15 hr psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 21 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••