Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690474 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#439033 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so. Some old Catholics are still stuck in the teaching that were planted in their minds as little children, and they choose to stay put in tiny boxes of blatant ignorance, as did all the popes.
Most people our age know that Judaism teaches about a messiah (yet to come)-even old Catholics like me.

I'd be a bit more judicious throwing the "blatant ignorance" thing around, were I you.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#439034 May 9, 2013
The penalty for sin is death.

And you all believe a priest can save you from death?

What?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#439035 May 9, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity started by ex-Jews making up lies.
YOU ASSUME TO KNOW THESE MEN ENOUGH TO CALL THEM LAIRS.
All theologians were and are liars ... including you.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439036 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in deed a died in the wool Catholic and that is where you choose to stay.
It's "dyed".

"Dyed in the wool".

At least I've informed my opinion.

Go find some Jewish folks and let them know they don't need a messiah -that it was Jesus-and report back.
Concerned Expat

London, UK

#439037 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Judaism certainly instructs that there is a messiah and that he has not come yet.
You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts.

There are no facts! Only opinions.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#439038 May 9, 2013
Theologians all want to lead the way
With words of wisdom ... so they say
Michael

Canada

#439039 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither Pope called them either thing.
Your deliberate misquoting? Not so "UNBELEIVEABLE".
Radical feminist nuns has been in the news media the past 15 months. Yesterday Pope Francis referred to the nuns around the world to not act like OLD MAIDS OF SPINSTERS.

You are just another in a long line of denial. Next you will be saying the church hasn't put out nearly $3 Billion in lawsuits for sexually abusive clergy, and lets not forget the rest of the clergy who lied, deceived and covered up for the abusers.

1700 recorded years of sexually molesting clergy. Right in your own catholic canon laws and papal documents.

http://www.awrsipe.com/patrick_wall/executive...

Lets see! Radical feminist nuns, old maid nuns, money laundering vatican bank scandal for the second time in 25 years, priests/bishops/cardinals/pope s coverups for sexual abusive clergy on children and you embrace all these guys. Shame on you!

Thank God I left the catholic church like most have.

very sad..........
Concerned Expat

London, UK

#439040 May 9, 2013
marge wrote:
What?

Yup Marge - we are all going to die, whether we deserve to or not.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#439041 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people our age know that Judaism teaches about a messiah (yet to come)-even old Catholics like me.
I'd be a bit more judicious throwing the "blatant ignorance" thing around, were I you.
Why do you suppose the Jews believed and believe that THEY are the chosen few?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#439042 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "dyed".
"Dyed in the wool".
"Died in the wool" is my terminology.

You don't own words. As do you, I can also manipulate words to suit my desires.

I just don't do it in the guise of leading others to the one and only god ... that according to theology ... just happens to be a Jew.

:)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439043 May 9, 2013
marge wrote:
What?
One more time.

As He promised, Jesus forgives the sin.

As He promised in Matt. 16:19, the priest gives absolution and the penalty for the sin is removed.

Michael

Canada

#439044 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews were waiting for a military like leader. Jews do not believe in a trinity or sons of god. So why would Jesus be born the son of God into Judiasm if Judiasm does not teach or believe in the trinity?

......makes no common sense

A man living his entire life a jew, practicing his faith as a Jew then at the last minute dumps his life long religion to start another religion completely the opposite of the one he embraced for 33 years, a new religion with no plan of operation, no rules or regulations.(lol)

UNBELIEVABLE!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439045 May 9, 2013
Concerned Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no facts! Only opinions.
It's a fact that Judaism teaches there is a messiah and that he has not come yet.
Michael

Canada

#439046 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The conundrum of protestantism, June.
Pope Francis yesterday said........and its in all the media around the world

http://www.topix.com/religion/catholic/2013/0...

80 year old women who have been the backbone of the church, sacrificing themeselves for mother church, only to be slammed by the head honcho because none of these panzies in the vatican like women. They are all women haters.

very sad!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#439047 May 9, 2013
If the one and only god is a Jew, a question of interest might be ... "Why would he favor Catholics or Protestants?"

I prefer the Hindu mythology. It's not so greedy in its claims. They have enough deities to serve everybody and anybody who wishes to join their religion.

This fighting over myths is so silly, it's difficult to choose which group of believers is the silliest.
Michael

Canada

#439048 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you suppose the Jews believed and believe that THEY are the chosen few?
Jews believe in one God, not three persons in one God. So! why would Jesus a Jew claiming to be the son of God be born into a religion that doesn't believe in sons of God.

makes no common sense!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439049 May 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Radical feminist nuns has been in the news media the past 15 months. Yesterday Pope Francis referred to the nuns around the world to not act like OLD MAIDS OF SPINSTERS.
You are just another in a long line of denial. Next you will be saying the church hasn't put out nearly $3 Billion in lawsuits for sexually abusive clergy, and lets not forget the rest of the clergy who lied, deceived and covered up for the abusers.
1700 recorded years of sexually molesting clergy. Right in your own catholic canon laws and papal documents.
http://www.awrsipe.com/patrick_wall/executive...
Lets see! Radical feminist nuns, old maid nuns, money laundering vatican bank scandal for the second time in 25 years, priests/bishops/cardinals/pope s coverups for sexual abusive clergy on children and you embrace all these guys. Shame on you!
Thank God I left the catholic church like most have.
very sad..........
You said that the Pope called them old maids and spinsters. He didn't.

"Now new Pope Francis calls these 80 year old women "old maids and spinsters"

Not very nice comments about 80 year old women who dedicated their entire lives to the church sacrificing having a loving husband and children only to be slammed by the very church they help build.

UNBELIEVABLE! "

You can't read, and I'm the one in "denial". Yeah.

Having been called out, of course you revert to the "Godwin's Law" of Catholic discussion, the sex scandal.

Dumbass. You were better off parroting June's posts. at least she remembers what she writes.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439050 May 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis yesterday said........and its in all the media around the world
http://www.topix.com/religion/catholic/2013/0...
80 year old women who have been the backbone of the church, sacrificing themeselves for mother church, only to be slammed by the head honcho because none of these panzies in the vatican like women. They are all women haters.
very sad!
Said what? Said what, Michael?

He didn't call the old maids or spinsters, so what did he say?

LOL.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#439051 May 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews were waiting for a military like leader. Jews do not believe in a trinity or sons of god. So why would Jesus be born the son of God into Judiasm if Judiasm does not teach or believe in the trinity?
......makes no common sense
A man living his entire life a jew, practicing his faith as a Jew then at the last minute dumps his life long religion to start another religion completely the opposite of the one he embraced for 33 years, a new religion with no plan of operation, no rules or regulations.(lol)
UNBELIEVABLE!
"squawk"

How's parroting June's posts coming along?

Jews were and are waiting for the messiah. Pass that along to June, Polly.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#439052 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a fact that Judaism teaches there is a messiah and that he has not come yet.
Do you believe that another savior other than Jesus is coming in the future? Or do you believe that Jesus is the last one needed to come to earth with the absolute truth given to Catholics?

The Jews were the chosen few. Why would they have needed a savior ... especially one that would bar them from heaven unless they were Catholic?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Finally Shocked 10,659
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web