Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688448 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#438972 May 9, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Math 16 :19 says nothing about a priest.
You don't believe Christ conferred ministerial authority to the Apostles?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438973 May 9, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but he is away from him. His god is the pope and the rituals of his church. He would have to deny what he believes to be the truth.
All things are possible with people in Christ, not just anyone.
Love you sis...
Christ didn't confer His authority unto everyone-just the Apostles.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438974 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"LIE" about what?
Maybe everything.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438975 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe everything.
Maybe nothing, right?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438976 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe Christ conferred ministerial authority to the Apostles?
NO!

Had Jesus lived, he would have been a faithful Jewish rabbi, counseling Jews how to also be faithful Jews.

The word Catholic would not have been in his vocabulary.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#438978 May 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU LIE
Matthew 16:19
(DRB) And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.
(Geneva) And I will giue vnto thee the keyes of the kingdome of heauen, and whatsoeuer thou shalt binde vpon earth, shalbe bound in heauen: and whatsoeuer thou shalt loose on earth, shall be loosed in heauen.
(KJV) And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
(Vulgate) et tibi dabo claves regni caelorum et quodcumque ligaveris super terram erit ligatum in caelis et quodcumque solveris super terram erit solutum in caelis

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NOR ANY OTHER IS MENTIONED IN MATTHEW 16:19
~~~

GOD DID NOT GIVE THE BLOOD OF HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO A SELFISH

EXCLUSIVE RELIGIOUS SYSTEM

NEITHER DID HE GIVE THEM THE

FRANCHISE OR MONOPOLY

ANY MORE THAN HE GAVE THE EARTH TO ONE EXCLUSIVE NATIONALITY, WHEN HE CREATED IT.

JUST BECAUSE YOU...

ARROGANT

SELFISH

SNOBBISH

EXCLUSIVES

TRY TO CLAIM OWNERSHIP,

MONOPOLY

TO THE SACRIFICE OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS ...

DOES NOT MAKE IT SO...

IT WAS GIVEN TO THE JEW FIRST...

Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;

===> to the Jew first, and also to the Greek/GENTILE.

Rom 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

Rom 3:2 Much every way: chief

====> because that unto them/THE JEWS were committed the oracles of God.

___

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#438979 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you a big thumbs-up on this last one of yours-
"THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NOT ANY OTHER IS MENTIONED IN MATTHEW 16:19 "
Totally agree there. Christ certainly was commissioning the Catholic church here, not any other.
~~~~~~~

YOU CITE YOUR FAULTY TRANSLATION
WHEN IT IS COMPARED WITH THE REST OF THE OTHER TRANSLATION AS THE AUTHORITY..
BECAUSE IT IS EXCLUSIVELY A TRANSLATION OF THE SELFISH ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
IT IS LACED WITH YOUR RELIGIOUS OPINIONS ...JUST LIKE THE BOOK OF MORMONS AND THE BOOK OF THE JW'S.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438980 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO!
Had Jesus lived, he would have been a faithful Jewish rabbi, counseling Jews how to also be faithful Jews.
The word Catholic would not have been in his vocabulary.
Moving past the speculation you present, do you have any opinion on what the scripture passage says?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438981 May 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
GOD DID NOT GIVE THE BLOOD OF HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO A SELFISH
EXCLUSIVE RELIGIOUS SYSTEM
NEITHER DID HE GIVE THEM THE
FRANCHISE OR MONOPOLY
ANY MORE THAN HE GAVE THE EARTH TO ONE EXCLUSIVE NATIONALITY, WHEN HE CREATED IT.
JUST BECAUSE YOU...
ARROGANT
SELFISH
SNOBBISH
EXCLUSIVES
TRY TO CLAIM OWNERSHIP,
MONOPOLY
TO THE SACRIFICE OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS ...
DOES NOT MAKE IT SO...
IT WAS GIVEN TO THE JEW FIRST...
Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;
===> to the Jew first, and also to the Greek/GENTILE.
Rom 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
Rom 3:2 Much every way: chief
====> because that unto them/THE JEWS were committed the oracles of God.
___
Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
I'm not "claiming" anything.

I'm acknowledging what occurred in scripture.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438982 May 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~~
YOU CITE YOUR FAULTY TRANSLATION
WHEN IT IS COMPARED WITH THE REST OF THE OTHER TRANSLATION AS THE AUTHORITY..
BECAUSE IT IS EXCLUSIVELY A TRANSLATION OF THE SELFISH ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
IT IS LACED WITH YOUR RELIGIOUS OPINIONS ...JUST LIKE THE BOOK OF MORMONS AND THE BOOK OF THE JW'S.
Faulty translation?

He gave His authority to the Apostles. That's what He does here.
truth

Perth, Australia

#438983 May 9, 2013
i just check up..see light in tiny unite..i left someone in wheelchair..even if war been there no i don't think so i will left nowhere..oh maybe i will knock tommorow is that person allright..
my lovly friend confe you are happy tonight..why is like that?
you know we all suffering deference things confe

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#438984 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not "claiming" anything.
I'm acknowledging what occurred in scripture.
~~~

YOU ARE PROPAGATING AN OPINION...READING IN TO THE WORD OF GOD...

WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO SAY....

Just as the rest of your faulty teaching...are built upon assumptions personal opinions and private interpretations.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#438985 May 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU ARE PROPAGATING AN OPINION...READING IN TO THE WORD OF GOD...
WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO SAY....
Just as the rest of your faulty teaching...are built upon assumptions personal opinions and private interpretations.
Christ conferred His authority to the Apostles. Matt. 16:19 relates this.

Do you agree with this or not?
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#438986 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perspective, what you really mean is "I'm just repeating exactly what GOD says."
Don't you perceive that you are being foolhardy and presumptuous?
I would rather wait until I die to find out if life carries on, and to trust that if it does carry on, it will be whatever it will be.
What will be will be , no I don't believe I am being foolhardy.
I believe there is a God who loves me very much, I have hope and trust in God, not man.
If I put my trust and hope in man that would be foolhardy and presumptuous.
You are already dead June, spiritually speaking.
You have no joy, no hope, no peace, in the state you are in there is no future, you seek after nothing, you are a troubled soul.
I will be praying God turns things around for you June.
JESUS IS THE ANSWER FOR THIS WORLD TODAY ABOVE HIM THERE IS NO OTHER;"JESUS IS THE WAY". THE ONLY WAY.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438987 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Moving past the speculation you present, do you have any opinion on what the scripture passage says?
Words don't have specific meanings. As do others, you read into the words whatever meanings fit your personalized desires.

I don't intend to play that scriptural game.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438988 May 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU ARE PROPAGATING AN OPINION...READING IN TO THE WORD OF GOD...
WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO SAY....
Just as the rest of your faulty teaching...are built upon assumptions personal opinions and private interpretations.
"Just as the rest of your faulty teaching...are built upon assumptions personal opinions and private interpretations."

You're confusing me with a protestant-you describe their theology here.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438989 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Words don't have specific meanings. As do others, you read into the words whatever meanings fit your personalized desires.
I don't intend to play that scriptural game.
We'll disagree RE: words not having specific meanings.

The line I was speaking of is relatively direct, but you're certainly not required to provide any interpretation.
youtube

AOL

#438990 May 9, 2013
.

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______




.
Michael

Canada

#438991 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO!
Had Jesus lived, he would have been a faithful Jewish rabbi, counseling Jews how to also be faithful Jews.
The word Catholic would not have been in his vocabulary.
A small crowd determined the fate of this man. If they chose barabas instead of Jesus how would christianity have ever started?

It was 50/50......the flip of a coin, heads or tails, Jesus or Barabas.

All these bible stories are all made up to create an agenda for the early catholic fathers.

A man claiming to be the 3rd person in God born and living as a Jew, yet Jews don't believe in 3 persons in God.

Thats like me driving a chevy and working at a Ford Dealership.

.....makes no common sense

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#438992 May 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Faulty translation?
He gave His authority to the Apostles. That's what He does here.
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS Remind me of those that claim exclusive rights to America ...because they say their forefathers come over on the Mayflower..

SALVATION WAS TO THE JEW FIRST AND THE APOSTLE PETER WAS SENT TO THE CIRCUMCISION (the Jews)

Joh 1:11 He/JESUS came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

____

THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web