Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
422,761 - 422,780 of 536,917 Comments Last updated 18 min ago
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>this is a false teaching of the pagan/christian church 1 timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;....if what you say is true then that means the bible is wrong and according to legend the bible is infallible....so who is wrong the bible? or the pagan/christian church?
It is written in the Bible to confess our sins to each other. The verses were posted many times yesterday. Jesus told us to, so we do. Catholics confess to a priest who has been given authority to absolve sins and who is sworn to secrecy.
Protestants are free to confess to anyone they choose, including the town gossip.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>tell us about your journey? you may hold the key to the mystery and not know it unless you talk about it from begining to end.
]

Key to what mystery?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Don Andrea Gallo is not the Catholic Church.
Also, Turkson did not "defend" the "kill the gays" bill.

JG isn't much of researcher.

You'll note that he and all the other "experts" on Catholicism never, ever cite the Catechism as a basis for an inquiry on Church teaching (even though the Catechism actually IS Church teaching).

They point us to anti-Catholic tracts or screeds that they use to "inform" themselves on what the Church "teaches".

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
"Only true church?" How arrogant!
Every place of worship is the true one ... at least according to the defenders of what they preach.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again--as usual June!! Salvation is the "call of the faithful" in Jesus Christ
If I disagree will you have a tantrum?

:)
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
you said: Another benefit of confessing to a priest is that one must take a closer look at their sinful nature

all in God's Word:

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
and in sin did my mother conceive me.

21 And when the Lord smelled the pleasing aroma, the Lord said in his heart,I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth.

**a few of many verses that talks about our sinful nature and you need a priest to help you with this?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

OldJG wrote:
Kansas City Bishop Raymond Boland says the AIDS deaths show that priests are human.
Of course they're human, and from my perception they deserve the same empathy as do others.

It was religion that caught them is a trap of lies that they couldn't see ahead of time was going to occur.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is your faith/salvation based on?
I think he mentioned the Bible.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to confess your sins and be forgiven to enter Heaven.
Why is it bad to reflect upon one's own sinful nature and work to overcome it?
I never said we didn't have to confess our sins to enter Heaven. I said a priest has no authority to forgive sins and confessing sins to one another as James says doesn't support it either..sorry
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he mentioned the Bible.
Thanks Uncle Dan but Just Sayin can answer can't he. Thanks again
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they're human, and from my perception they deserve the same empathy as do others.
It was religion that caught them is a trap of lies that they couldn't see ahead of time was going to occur.
Glad to see you have empathy for other people.

Wondering how throwing dirt on them in the subsequent sentence supports this proclamation of empathy.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt. 16:19
Catholics believe that apostolic authority has succeeded to the present via ordination.
Yeah I know they do. Doesn't me they haven't been duped.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so silly.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Catholic Encyclopedia
Excommunication (Latin ex, out of, and communio or communicatio, communion exclusion from the communion), the principal and severest censure, is a medicinal, spiritual penalty that deprives the guilty Christian of all participation in the common blessings of ecclesiastical society. Being a penalty, it supposes guilt; and being the most serious penalty that the Church can inflict, it naturally supposes a very grave offence.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05678a.htm
Don't be so silly....post *all* the information, not just the parts you like:

It is also a medicinal rather than a vindictive penalty, being intended, not so much to punish the culprit, as to correct him and bring him back to the path of righteousness.

Just as I said. You're not a good loser, June.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a medium? You know the minds of those who wrote the scriptures?
Do you put faith in the idea that the Muslim theologians received messages from the one and only "god?"

If you do, then you will believe that only Muslims will attain to Paradise, and YOU as a Christian will burn in Muslim hell.

It was the men who claimed gods were speaking to them that feigned medium abilities.

If you don't trust Muslim theologians to speak on behalf of the one and only god, then you should be able to understand why I don't trust ANY theologians when they stated that gods spoke to them.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
you said: Another benefit of confessing to a priest is that one must take a closer look at their sinful nature
all in God's Word:
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
and in sin did my mother conceive me.
21 And when the Lord smelled the pleasing aroma, the Lord said in his heart,I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth.
**a few of many verses that talks about our sinful nature and you need a priest to help you with this?
Why the problem with enlisting the assistance of a priest?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I know they do. Doesn't me they haven't been duped.
Who hasn't "been duped"? You last sentence was a bit confusing.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said we didn't have to confess our sins to enter Heaven. I said a priest has no authority to forgive sins and confessing sins to one another as James says doesn't support it either..sorry
What of Matt. 16:19?

Disregard it?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Were does the Bible teach us that preachers have the right to forgive sin. You need a remedial course maybe.
Matthew 16
18 And I (Jesus) say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

James 5:16
Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just man availeth much.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so silly....post *all* the information, not just the parts you like:
It is also a medicinal rather than a vindictive penalty, being intended, not so much to punish the culprit, as to correct him and bring him back to the path of righteousness.
Just as I said. You're not a good loser, June.
Good morning Regina!!

I asked Tony why Peter wasn't there for Christ when He was dying on the cross for his sins and he said Peter was a jerk. Why do you think Peter wasn't there?

Catholics put Peter on such a high pedestal, I was just wondering your thoughts.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would James instruct us to confess our sins to another if it's to no effect (no forgiveness)?

Are you suggesting that James is foreshadowing Dr. Phil or some such function?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••