Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,726
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438538 May 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>funny how it's ok for christians to kill to get what they want,but if someone else does it,it's the work of the devil.
Of course. Christians used the handy word "heresy" to kill millions of people. And as the theologians were the ones to decide what was heresy, the fires at the stake were burning bright non-stop in one place or another ... wherever the Christians resided.

The Christians would hand out bibles and then take over the lands and other possessions of the locals.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#438539 May 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Real Christians listen...and adhere to God's word
Wannabe's such as your self create your own, and attempt to manipulate
God, and make his word conform to theirs.
Which is it? Catholics "blindly" follow the teachings of the Church, or Catholics take their Bibles and make up their own religions? Can't have it both ways.

How many protestant denominations are up to now? Approximately 41,000? Or is it one denomination for each protestant? That would be according to wikipedia about 7 million.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism_by...

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#438540 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that hell was not mentioned in the first edition of the Apostles creed (written by Catholics)... and that by the fourth century new ever-changing theologians had plenty of time to come up with the dogma of hell and write of hell again and again and again in their book that was compiled by one deception after another.
By the way, why did the Catholic theologians use the term holy on the "cover" of their new book, when they taught that most of the people in the world were evil?
Did they want people to believe that the only way to find holiness was in the cult of Catholicism?
If you ask question of the dogmas, you'll see that there are loop-holes everywhere that the theologian trod.
Well again if you want to find why they taught the people of the world were evil, it is because that is what the bible says as well. I suggest you look up the portion on Total Depravity in the Bible. All are sinners and fall short of the glory of God. As for Catholicism, I do not agree with all of their past, present or future, however God said those for me can not be against me.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438541 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be right.
But the fact is, if the people were terrified of the clergy's power to inflict pain no matter what the person said in the private confession ... that ought to be a signal to you that those men in control of the brutal system enjoyed inflicting pain on innocent people ... in public no less ... to give the subtle message "Follow what we tell you is righteous, or this will happen to you."
Those men in power that used religion as weapons were not living in any sense of love whatsoever. They were only preaching the message of love as they brutalized those who belonged to other cults AND to their own cult.
I go to confession, and I don't get penance of the type that is described in your excerpt.

Times change, June.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#438542 May 8, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said to confess our sins to each other.
I would rather confess those really ugly ones to a priest who has been given the authority to forgive them and who is sworn to never tell another soul what I confessed. You can choose to confess yours to the check out girl at Walmart.
Were does the Bible teach us that preachers have the right to forgive sin. You need a remedial course maybe.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438543 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it does.
Regina tried to make "light" of excommunication, as though the priest would simply pat the woman who had an abortion on her head as being naughty but still nice, and then let her go out to play at recess.
Excommunication was and is a serious issue for the pope and his thugs who pretend that they wield the power of a god.
Those who were excommunicated believed that they had no link WITH GOD, until through forgiveness, the men of the hierarchy decided that GOD would let the penitents back into GOD's forgiving grace.
They pulled the wool over follower's eyes, with that one word that the followers hold so dear to their hearts and minds ... "SALVATION."
Excommunication isn't permanent if the individual repents.

One seeks God's forgiveness, not the priest's.

That's what Regina said and she was correct.

Prince George, Canada

#438544 May 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i'm part american indian myself,i'm a very distant relative of pocahontas according to ancestry.com my family tree starts in the 1500's in this country,two brothers from germany was the begining of it all. i really have no idea if it is true or not,but according to their findings "which cost a few bucks",they say it's true. also according to the world history/record of names,i'm the only person known to have my real name.it's not a common name, like yours,can't be to many June VanDerMark's in the world.glad i met this one,your a very interesting person,i like your style,and you scare catholics,you tell the truth and that is against their rules.
Much harm was caused to the Native Indians by the Christians ... but I don't wish to imply that the Natives were not brutal to each other, as it seems that was the case as they warred and stole each other's women non-stop.

Humans simply are not nice and in order to accept without malice the reality of selfishness in others, I must first be comfortable with the recognition and acceptance of my own selfish nature.

Thanks for the compliment, but I realize that you feel a sense of comfort with my presence only because you agree with what I post.

If I was on a different wave-length than you, my guess is, you would not be glad to "know" me. However, I don't expect it to be otherwise on a forum.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438545 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be right.
But the fact is, if the people were terrified of the clergy's power to inflict pain no matter what the person said in the private confession ... that ought to be a signal to you that those men in control of the brutal system enjoyed inflicting pain on innocent people ... in public no less ... to give the subtle message "Follow what we tell you is righteous, or this will happen to you."
Those men in power that used religion as weapons were not living in any sense of love whatsoever. They were only preaching the message of love as they brutalized those who belonged to other cults AND to their own cult.
You're really not running out a news flash when you relate that men can abuse positions of power.

Is this revelatory, or do you believe that the situation is limited to the religious?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#438546 May 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
confess their sins to priests because priests are God's duly authorized agents in the world,
Priest presided under the Law....
We do not live under the Law..
WE LIVE UNDER GRACE....GRACE (THANK GOD) THAT IS NOT CONTROLLED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NOR IT'S MINIONS.
THE AUTHORITY OF THE CHURCH UNDER GRACE....IS THE MESSIAH ...
JESUS CHRIST GOD'S SON...
NO OTHER PERSON QUALIFIES.
THE MAN IN ROME ITALY.... CALLED THE POPE ..THAT HAS ATTEMPTED TO USURP THE POSITION OF THE HOLY GHOST ...DOES NOT QUALIFY...
HE IS JUST A CORRUPTIBLE MAN ATTEMPTING TO PLAY GOD...
I think you are just jealous that they didn't vote you to be Pope.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#438547 May 8, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said to confess our sins to each other.
I would rather confess those really ugly ones to a priest who has been given the authority to forgive them and who is sworn to never tell another soul what I confessed. You can choose to confess yours to the check out girl at Walmart.
Jesus said to confess our sins to each other....yes but what does this have to do with a priest having authority to forgive sins?

Prince George, Canada

#438548 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I go to confession, and I don't get penance of the type that is described in your excerpt.
Times change, June.
I already explained why the hierarchy is now lenient with the followers.

The law forbade them to kill and brutalize in the guise of supposed orders from a god.

The men of the hierarchy can no longer control the flock, as the flock has abortions, commits adultery, drinks, gambles, and does exactly as they please ... out in the open.

The men of the hierarchy always got away with those behaviors, and now it's the turn of those in the flock to flaunt their behaviors back to the hierarchy, who can do nothing but long for the good old days when they had ALL the power and the flock had NONE.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#438549 May 8, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Were does the Bible teach us that preachers have the right to forgive sin. You need a remedial course maybe.
Matt. 16:19

Christ conferred this authority to the Apostles. Catholics believe that apostolic authority has succeeded to the present via ordination.

Protestants do not believe this.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438550 May 8, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is it? Catholics "blindly" follow the teachings of the Church, or Catholics take their Bibles and make up their own religions? Can't have it both ways.
How many protestant denominations are up to now? Approximately 41,000? Or is it one denomination for each protestant? That would be according to wikipedia about 7 million.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism_by...
"create your own, and attempt to manipulate
God, and make his word conform to theirs."

Mrs. GIF just described Protestantism.

Prince George, Canada

#438551 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really not running out a news flash when you relate that men can abuse positions of power.
Is this revelatory, or do you believe that the situation is limited to the religious?
All people abuse power, but those in religion abuse the power by claiming that a god ordains their behavior.

Religious wars by the scores.

Prince George, Canada

#438552 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt. 16:19
Christ conferred this authority to the Apostles. Catholics believe that apostolic authority has succeeded to the present via ordination.
Protestants do not believe this.
Those scriptures are handy-men's tools.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#438553 May 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
As a convert to the Catholic Faith, after 35 years as a "bible only Protestant, I have listened to anti-catholic "propagandists" like you June, who will "dig up" and "spew out" ANY sort of obscure and obsolete self-opinionated "garbage history" in order to keep your vengeance, hate and hostility (heated up) against Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.... You, June, are nothing but a (elderly frustrated)"front page atheist or agnostic editorialist "hack", that has nothing better to do than to condemn, attack and rip the TRUE FAITH of other Christians on this forum, especially Catholics....... For someone your age,one would have thought that (by this time) you would have attained some degree of "spiritual insight and wisdom" in your "chaotic and confused life--but it is quite that you obviously --HAVE NOT!.... Since the time of Jesus, The TRUTH, has, is and will continue to be and remain in and through Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True (historically and biblically PROVEN) Apostolic Catholic Church.......Atheists, agnostics, hypocrites and bigots have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET-----THE CHURCH LIVES ON!!!----and will CONTINUE to live on.
I would love to hear about your conversion story. I am a convert, too.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438554 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I already explained why the hierarchy is now lenient with the followers.
The law forbade them to kill and brutalize in the guise of supposed orders from a god.
The men of the hierarchy can no longer control the flock, as the flock has abortions, commits adultery, drinks, gambles, and does exactly as they please ... out in the open.
The men of the hierarchy always got away with those behaviors, and now it's the turn of those in the flock to flaunt their behaviors back to the hierarchy, who can do nothing but long for the good old days when they had ALL the power and the flock had NONE.
Had they "control of the flock" as you put it, there would have been no need for the harsh penances described.

Nice "explanation".
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438555 May 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All people abuse power, but those in religion abuse the power by claiming that a god ordains their behavior.
Religious wars by the scores.
Non-religious war is better? Abuse of power isn't so bad if not on God's name?

What's your point?

People are people. They'll seek to justify bad acts.

Prince George, Canada

#438556 May 8, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Well again if you want to find why they taught the people of the world were evil, it is because that is what the bible says as well.
The men that wrote the words in the bible perceivde their selves as holy and ONLY others as evil.

And you commit the same behavior when you USE the scriptures.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#438557 May 8, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Another benefit of confessing to a priest is that one must take a closer look at their sinful nature
One cannot realize this from reading God's Word? You have to go to a priest to realize we have a sinful nature?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 13 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE