Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
422,501 - 422,520 of 532,777 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
youtube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No date provided on the inclusion of "hell".
404 AD in the Creed of Rufinus shows the line "He descended to hell."
The Apostles Creed circa AD 700 reads in it's present form.
So, the Apostles Creed, so named, has always included the reference to Christ having descended to the dead/hell.
Thanks.
At one time the word hell was not in the "Apostle's" creed.

That means the first authors didn't receive information from on high that a hell existed.

That word "hell" was added later by other authors.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who=" Anthony MN"
Thank you for clarifying that you do still sin, and I do too. And I also love
Jesus and believe in Him.
BTW, St. John says "confess our sins", not "confess our sins to HIM".
Read it again. If we confess our sins, HE forgives... To read it otherwise, one would have to add some words between 'sins', and 'He forgives'.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, HE is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
You see, ONLY the wounded party can forgive anything. Suppose someone stole a huge sum of money from you, or killed a loved one; it would be damaging to you if someone else said:'you are forgiven'. Jesus said to "forgive those who trespass against US".
At 79 years of age, my worst 'sins' are impatience, or doubt, etc.
I've struggled through 'loving my enemies', and forgiving others, etc. I recognize vengeance and hatred are ENEMIES, and I stay far away from them. No boasting, it wasn't my nature or strength, but HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR US if we will seek His help, rather than yield to our 'feelings'.
KayMarie
Why are you confessing your sins to me if this verse is meant to confess only to God?

No Kay, we are to confess our sins to one another and to God. He does forgive us, but as St. James says it's not strictly a private confession to God alone.

And you obviously don't know anything about the Sacrament of Confession. If I were to steal from someone, part of my absolution and penance would involve returning the money and asking forgiveness of the offended person. A person who confesses with no sincerity and intention of reparation is not going to have their sin forgiven.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>When did the Early Church allow the use of statues,the worship of the Mother of God,the worship of the Host,the Papacy,Indulgences,Purgatory,s elf mortification,Mortal,venial,ac tual sins? NO,the First century church did not have that,but the Catholic church adopted all these practices and much,much more as time went on.The Bible was locked into LATIN for centuries.
Anthony there is so much negative history connected to the Catholic Church,and most of all the Inquisitions,none of which would ever have been tolerated by the First Century Church.Can you imagine the Lord Jesus setting up a tribunal,after torturing people for sometime,forcing them to parade through streets,with dunce caps on,and than burned to death in effigy,all because they did not follow His "church" that forced everyone to be members of? NO Of course not! You cannot even suggest that our Lord would force His will on anyone,let alone set up a vicious system to enforce His Holy will on.
Catholicism may be an ancient church as far back as the first century,but it is also a counterfeit of what the Bible describes a church should be.It is no wonder why the RCC degrades the sola scriptura,when in the light of scripture there is no "Condemnation to those who walk in Christ Jesus."In the light of Scripture,believers are not forced to walk with a church system,but are encouraged and taught to walk with the MAN Christ Jesus,King of kings and Lord of Lords.
Adoration of Mary:

Luke 1:28
And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Worship of the Host:

Matthew 26:26
And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. This is my body.

The Papacy:

Matthew 16:18
And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Matthew 16:19
And I will give to thee (Peter) the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

Purgatory:

Revelation 21:27
There shall not enter into it (heaven) any thing defiled, or that worketh abomination or maketh a lie, but they that are written in the book of life of the Lamb.

Corinthians 3
13 Every man's work shall be manifest; for the day of the Lord shall declare it, because it shall be revealed in fire; and the fire shall try every man's work, of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide, which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire.

Self mortification:

Matthew 4:2
And when he (Jesus) had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterwards he was hungry.

Matthew 6:16
And when you fast, be not as the hypocrites, sad.

Matthew 17:20
But this kind is not cast out but by prayer and fasting.

Acts 13:3
Then they, fasting and praying, and imposing their hands upon them, sent them away.

Acts 14:22
And when they had ordained to them priests in every church, and had prayed with fasting...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

If people don't believe that the Muslims received divine wisdom via mental telepathy from a god ... why would they trust that anyone would be allowed such "privileged" information?

Arrogance plays the whole part and parcel of religion.

"God talked to me, but he didn't talk to you ... so THERE! I'm special and you are NOT!!!"

Silly fools!
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>When did the Early Church allow the use of statues,the worship of the Mother of God,the worship of the Host,the Papacy,Indulgences,Purgatory,s elf mortification,Mortal,venial,ac tual sins? NO,the First century church did not have that,but the Catholic church adopted all these practices and much,much more as time went on.The Bible was locked into LATIN for centuries.
Anthony there is so much negative history connected to the Catholic Church,and most of all the Inquisitions,none of which would ever have been tolerated by the First Century Church.Can you imagine the Lord Jesus setting up a tribunal,after torturing people for sometime,forcing them to parade through streets,with dunce caps on,and than burned to death in effigy,all because they did not follow His "church" that forced everyone to be members of? NO Of course not! You cannot even suggest that our Lord would force His will on anyone,let alone set up a vicious system to enforce His Holy will on.
Catholicism may be an ancient church as far back as the first century,but it is also a counterfeit of what the Bible describes a church should be.It is no wonder why the RCC degrades the sola scriptura,when in the light of scripture there is no "Condemnation to those who walk in Christ Jesus."In the light of Scripture,believers are not forced to walk with a church system,but are encouraged and taught to walk with the MAN Christ Jesus,King of kings and Lord of Lords.
"Why the RCC degrades the sola scriptura..."

Uh, sola scriptura does a pretty good job degrading sola scriptura all by itself.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

What a pile of bull ... pun intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Unam sanctam (Lat., One holy). The opening words of Boniface VIII’s BULL of 1302 declaring that there was “One holy Catholic and Apostolic Church”, membership of which was necessary for salvation. It is notable for its assertion of papal claims and of the authority of the spiritual power over the temporal.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
On a forum I expect that people won't agree with me.
You are not in a church now, where you are always told that you are saved and loved and all that other good stuff.
Just as you don't agree with the beliefs of those in other religions, I don't agree with the beliefs in your religion.
It's nothing personal ... except to you who can't convince me that your belief is special.
my belief/religion is a Person and therefore He's very much different from the rest which are all based on a merit system of favor with a god based on doing right from wrong, good from evil.

My God who knew no sin became sin for me so that i could in turn become the righteousness of God through Christ.

you ain't gonna find another god who could do that!;)
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Note that the first Apostle's creed was written 150 years after Jesus supposed crucifixion ... and the data compiled for the new testament was not completed until the fourth century.
Imagine all the different men that pondered and schemed over what they would find suitable for a book they ultimately labeled as HOLY.
The lies that men were inspired by a god to write truth was a conspiracy from the get-go.
Than why did'nt the conspiracy lead us all to the same END,under one particular organization? Where are the wealthy relatives of those who lead us astray,using our money to make them multi-billionaires?

The Book surely is not written to inspire the hearts of greedy men.It exposes them more than anything else.The fact that each and every new generation passes on the truths shows that the truth of Scripture inspires a devotion that supercedes the lust for materialism,control,and domination.

We do not even see today that the RCC although the largest of Christian denominations rules over its people with heavy chains of totalitarian government.I have never met an oppressed Catholic who has spent time in a Catholic prison for disobeying commandments and so on.In this time,we see a free dialogue of ideas and countless books both for and against Christianity even in the framework of Christian churches and organizations.One can freely admonish his or her church organization without fear of being incarcerated,beaten and tortured.

The control of the minds of people may be a problem with any given organization,especially where we work.Our employs often impose rules and regulations that impede our movements,and cause us to be disgruntled.Churches find themselves in the same way,as to how their particular congregations act in given situations.Not always a purely biblical approach,but typically human in nature.

Some preachers have to deal with obstinate congregations,that want basically a mute leader who gives in to every whim of the Church Board. Often church rifts are caused by congregants who want to lead the pastor,and to dictate to him how he should preach and basically lead the congregation.It has nothing to do with what is being preached from the Bible.The Bible does not teach us to be slaves of a tyrant,nor does it teach us to be filled with anarchy against the one who is placed in authority.

You seem to believe that the Bible controls us all,that is so far from the truth June,it is shared with us all to embrace its sensible lead with holy conduct,that often is abhorred by people who want their own way.Many people attend churches for various reasons,and not to be humble to the holy wonderful teachings of Christ,but for their own enjoyment with fellowship and so on.

Individuals cannot be forced into believing in God,everyone must come their own way.The church provides a standard of coming to God through sensible and faith filled leads.Many people attend church for fellowship and the desire to be with people who are for the most part very positive,and open,friendly and so on.The sermons are important,but not always digested easily,that is why we have smaller groups within the larger,to reach individuals with a more personal approach,and to give them opportunity to either embrace with help form others,or to reject,and make their own decisions.

The churches have many non-beleivers sitting in their congregations,no one can force them to accept the teachings of Christ,and many of those people stay in the churches for years.If they make a decision to follow Christ it is well received.But there is no pressure that is unbearable for the one who rejects.We of course do not allow the individual who rejects to have office in the church,some churches do however and they wonder why their doctrine is polluted.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't believe I am humble. Selfish human nature cannot BE humble.
Those in religion that brag of knowing the future are also not humble.
Well at least you are honest.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
If people don't believe that the Muslims received divine wisdom via mental telepathy from a god ... why would they trust that anyone would be allowed such "privileged" information?
Arrogance plays the whole part and parcel of religion.
"God talked to me, but he didn't talk to you ... so THERE! I'm special and you are NOT!!!"
Silly fools!
AND if God talks to me June,and not to you,it is by your choice,not mine.You call me a silly fool for believing that God in fact does speak to me at times? I would be concerned big time if I were you,IF in FACT there is a God,a Supreme Bieng, a Creator,and you do not want to talk to Him and find out His will for your life,than who is the real f o o l?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Who is "he"????? The Pink Rabbit?????
"If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven. If you retain the sins of any, they are retained."

"Is one of you sick? Let him send for the presbyters of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the Lord’s name. Prayer offered in faith will restore the sick man, and the Lord will give him relief; if he is guilty of sins, they will be pardoned."

"Confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, for the healing of your souls."

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

According to Catholics, their own savior Jesus, if he didn't believe in Christian dogmas, couldn't be saved.

Apparently believing in Judaism was not going to get Jesus anywhere.

Without Catholicism, Jesus would have been lost to salvation.

:)
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
According to Catholics, their own savior Jesus, if he didn't believe in Christian dogmas, couldn't be saved.
Apparently believing in Judaism was not going to get Jesus anywhere.
Without Catholicism, Jesus would have been lost to salvation.
Come on, June, this post is complete nonsense. Did you put your brain in a blender?

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, "see_the_truth_webs.com " is run by "Joy of Satan Ministries".
Look at the home page link.
This is your idea of peer-reviewed scholarly work?
saw nothing about the joy of satan ministries,but then again not much difference between the popes and satan anyway.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>When did the Early Church allow the use of statues,<snipped>
Calm down Dan. We don't "use" statues.

"That the first Christians had any sort of prejudice against images, pictures, or statues is a myth (defended amongst others by Erasmus) that has been abundantly dispelled by all students of Christian archaeology. The idea that they must have feared the danger of idolatry among their new converts is disproved in the simplest way by the pictures even statues, that remain from the first centuries. Even the Jewish Christians had no reason to be prejudiced against pictures, as we have seen; still less had the Gentile communities any such feeling. They accepted the art of their time and used it, as well as a poor and persecuted community could, to express their religious ideas."

"The idea that the Church of the first centuries was in any way prejudiced against pictures and statues is the most impossible fiction. After Constantine (306-37) there was of course an enormous development of every kind. Instead of burrowing catacombs Christians began to build splendid basilicas. They adorned them with costly mosaics, carving, and statues. But there was no new principle. The mosaics represented more artistically and richly the motives that had been painted on the walls of the old caves, the larger statues continue the tradition begun by carved sarcophagi and little lead and glass ornaments. From that time to the Iconoclast Persecution holy images are in possession all over the Christian world."

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07664a.htm
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>saw nothing about the joy of satan ministries,but then again not much difference between the popes and satan anyway.
Brilliant.

Look, there's something shiny on the ground.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

if i need i will destroy you all
who say that
not me
i just wrote here that you know
in this city nothing exist
nothing damage
but nothing alive exist

then
is that sin or error

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, "see_the_truth_webs.com " is run by "Joy of Satan Ministries".
Look at the home page link.
This is your idea of peer-reviewed scholarly work?
my story begins with a documentory that was on t.v. "how sex changed the world" and part of the documentory included the catholic church owning and keeping prostitues for church personal use,they claim it was done so all the virgins in town would be safe from clergy men. so like i said whats the difference between the pope and satan? their outfits?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the proof? Some paragraph you pasted? Don't be a complete moron. Cite your sources, and not some whack-job who with a tin foil hat.
the sites are right there with the posts what more can i do? look up (catholic church owned brothels/or catholic church brothels),i looked up both.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Gee-Tee 8,146
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••