Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,344
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438283 May 7, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I guess. What about you?
No, I don't believe I am humble. Selfish human nature cannot BE humble.

Those in religion that brag of knowing the future are also not humble.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#438284 May 7, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Since none of it made sense, I belive it is sarcasm, in poor taste.
Since June is coming up with the separated Jesus/Jewish/Christian,I hope you see that her question holds no tr4uth as to what will really happen?

We are all appointed once to die than the judgment.Those are not my words.The Bible is not a book about national preference.God chose to give His will and testament to the Jews first,than to all of us who are grafted into the vine as it were.

Jesus could not be a person born in South Africa to make the impact He made on the Jewish people in HIS day. If God wanted Jesus to be born in some part of Uzbekistan,He could have done so.But the God of Israel wanted His Son to be of the house of Israel.We know the significance don't we?

But Heaven or the Glory of God the Father is not of national limitations.No one should be concerned that Jesus(Yeshua) is ethnocentric,but that He will DO what He said He would do,if we embrace Him by faith.That is we will have the gift of eternal life from Him,and that is minus our ethnic heritage or background,we will see Him as He is,and later our bodies will resurrect and join our souls and spirits.We will have glorifed bodies along with HIM who has called us to Himself,NO JEW, NO GENTILE,but ONE in Christ,the new person.

Prince George, Canada

#438285 May 7, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Understanding what you are talking about is the first key to debate. When it states decended into hell, it equates to separtation from God the Father, which would truly be hell.
You missed the point of my post.

The word "hell" itself was not in the first Apostle's creed. It was later added by other theologians.

Prince George, Canada

#438286 May 7, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Since none of it made sense, I belive it is sarcasm, in poor taste.
The question makes complete sense.

Do you believe that in the afterlife you will be with Jesus the Jew in Olam Ha Ba ... or that you will be with Jesus the Catholic in Christian heaven?

Prince George, Canada

#438287 May 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY DO YOU ATTEMPT TO FIGHT AGAINST THAT WHICH YOU CLAIM DOES NOT EXIST?
I'm not fighting against what I believe doesn't exist.

I am expressing that I believe there is no creator in existence to favor you or any other group of believers who also are certain they are special.

And why do you keep shouting?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438288 May 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the point of my post.
The word "hell" itself was not in the first Apostle's creed. It was later added by other theologians.
Who "added" that and when?

Thanks

Prince George, Canada

#438289 May 7, 2013
If devout Catholics and Protestants believe they will be in Christian heaven with Jesus, then that means that Jesus has indeed converted to Christianity, as Jews don't believe they go to Christian heaven.

According to all theologians, Jesus was a Jew from birth to death.

It's not nice to lie by trying to wash the Jew out of Jesus and put him in Christian heaven just so you Catholics and Protestants can satiate your fantasies.

Not nice at all!

Prince George, Canada

#438290 May 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who "added" that and when?
Thanks
From the “The Lost Book of the Bibles, by Bell Publishing, New York, comes the following………..

The Apostle’s Creed … as it stood An. Dom. 600. Copied from Mr. Justice Bailey’s Edition of the book of Common Prayer.‘before the year 6oo, it was no more than this’—Mr. Justice Bailey. P. 9 n.

I Believe in God the Father Almighty:
2 And in Jesus Christ his only begotten Son, our Lord;
3 Who was born of the Holy Ghost and Virgin Mary,

4 And was crucified under Pontuis Pilate, and was buried;
5 And the third day rose again from the dead.
6 Ascended into heaven, sitteth on the right hand of the Father;
7 Whence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead;

8 And in the Holy Ghost;

9 The Holy Church;
10 The remission of sins;

11 And the resurrection of the flesh, Amen.

The Apostles Creed, as it stands in the book of Common Prayer of the United Church of England and Ireland as by law established.

1 I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth:
2 And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord:
3 Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary,
4 Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried;
5 He descended into hell;

6 The third day he rose again from the dead;
7 He ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
8 From whence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
9 I believe in the Holy Ghost;
10 The Holy Catholic Church; the communion of saints;
12 The resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#438291 May 7, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" The first Apostle's Creed was compiled in 150 A.D., and there was no mention of the word "hell" in that creed. Those theologians were re-placed by new theologians and even more theologians as the centuries went by, until finally the dogma of Jesus going to hell and then ascending to heaven was added to the creed.
Truth never was an issue with the ever-changing dogmas ... yet the theologians always gave the "impression" that they were absolute tellers of truth.
What a shame.

And YOU are the fountain of truth???

Peter said that Jesus went and preached to the spirits in prison (of Noah's day'. I Pet. 3 Peter certainly didn't write his epistle a century later.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#438292 May 7, 2013
Note that the first Apostle's creed was written 150 years after Jesus supposed crucifixion ... and the data compiled for the new testament was not completed until the fourth century.

Imagine all the different men that pondered and schemed over what they would find suitable for a book they ultimately labeled as HOLY.

The lies that men were inspired by a god to write truth was a conspiracy from the get-go.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438293 May 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From the “The Lost Book of the Bibles, by Bell Publishing, New York, comes the following………..
The Apostle’s Creed … as it stood An. Dom. 600. Copied from Mr. Justice Bailey’s Edition of the book of Common Prayer.‘before the year 6oo, it was no more than this’—Mr. Justice Bailey. P. 9 n.
I Believe in God the Father Almighty:
2 And in Jesus Christ his only begotten Son, our Lord;
3 Who was born of the Holy Ghost and Virgin Mary,
4 And was crucified under Pontuis Pilate, and was buried;
5 And the third day rose again from the dead.
6 Ascended into heaven, sitteth on the right hand of the Father;
7 Whence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead;
8 And in the Holy Ghost;
9 The Holy Church;
10 The remission of sins;
11 And the resurrection of the flesh, Amen.
The Apostles Creed, as it stands in the book of Common Prayer of the United Church of England and Ireland as by law established.
1 I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth:
2 And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord:
3 Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary,
4 Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried;
5 He descended into hell;
6 The third day he rose again from the dead;
7 He ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
8 From whence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
9 I believe in the Holy Ghost;
10 The Holy Catholic Church; the communion of saints;
12 The resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting.
No date provided on the inclusion of "hell".

404 AD in the Creed of Rufinus shows the line "He descended to hell."

The Apostles Creed circa AD 700 reads in it's present form.

So, the Apostles Creed, so named, has always included the reference to Christ having descended to the dead/hell.

Thanks.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#438294 May 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I want to free you up from feeling the need to defend religious dogmas planted in your minds by theologians.
I would like you to trust that if there is a life hereafter, you need not fear rejection.
Theologians want you to feel fear so that you will need their words that hold you in bondage TO the theologians.
Interesting,and somewhat true concept you have here June.We all have felt at times that a given preacher,or priest,or like you say'theologian' misleads us,or puts on heavy chains on our faith.There are those who for selfish ambition lead many astray,and usually those individuals who are led astray feel strongly about the individual who is leading them away from the accurate truth.

Yes there are many in the religious world who seek to destroy real faith,in order to control others.Sounds contrary but it is true enough.I have known preachers personally who sought to control others,and would preach either words of a slippery nature wooing their congregation to his end,or preaching excessive hell fire and damnation to further the same control.

It is really sad when preachers do such things,and if the people are not reading the Word,and getting from it the truth about God's character,they succumb to the negative garbage and control of that particular preacher.

But that does not destroy the truth as it really stands firm in the hearts and minds of many believers who are not following MEN,but God in reality.

The preacher is not suppose to control or even to personally involve himself into the lives of the congregation,but he has to share what the BOOK says,and what God is sharing with him personally.The majority of good preachers know how to be good shepherds,where they spiritually lead others to read and study the Word,and to look to Christ for help,not the preacher.

When I say involve himself,I mean that the preacher or pastor being a limited being himself,must not seek to direct every action of the person,nor is he responsible for everything his congregation does OUTSIDE of the church building where he shares in their worship to God.

Of course if the pastor leads political rallies against the government and his people sheepishly follow him,than if the government comes down on that church,the pastor will have to answer for his leadership in anarchy.

But realistically the pastor is to preach the gospel,give hope to the congregation,and join with them in worship to God.Corporately they bring a positive atmosphere to the whole congregation,which should bring added blessing to the community around them.Many churches share in the neighborhoods they are in,adding good elements to help people who find themselves in bad circumstances due to weather,or poverty.

The pastor can only preach,give hope,share in love,and seek to bring about a postive nature to his congregation that will ultimately bless the community around them.This happens regularly in many cities,towns and small communities around the world.

EVEN if you are right about the misdeeds of some religious clerics,the majority in these days are constrained by congregations who are well-informed about the teachings of Christ,and are not easily mislead.there are exceptions,and I have seen them personally.But I never had to succumb to those misleadings,because I have learned to look to Christ alone to guide me,although I do share with the particular church I attend,and am a member of.

There are many good,sensible pastors out there,my church at present has one,and his associates are careful sensible men as well.

When pastors show compassion,sensitivity,but yet know how to lead firmly as well with wisdom,you have good congregations that grow,and are healthy.there is always the exception,as human beings err and our nature bids for ultimate control over being humbled to instead show:truth,mercy,love and godly wisdom with firmness.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#438295 May 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Note that the first Apostle's creed was written 150 years after Jesus supposed crucifixion ... and the data compiled for the new testament was not completed until the fourth century.
Imagine all the different men that pondered and schemed over what they would find suitable for a book they ultimately labeled as HOLY.
The lies that men were inspired by a god to write truth was a conspiracy from the get-go.
Rubbish, June.

No one posits that the Apostles Creed is authored by the apostles. All articles contained are found in theological formulas current around 100 AD, between the Apostolic Period and the beginning of the Post-Apostolic Period.

Doctrine is developed. Same as scientific theory is developed.

Can't work both sides of the street, June.

Prince George, Canada

#438296 May 7, 2013
The Catholics also implied that Jesus' father (God of the Jews) favored only those of the Catholic faith.

They tried to steal a Jewish father and his son in order to start a new religion and at the same time maintain that there was only ONE god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Athanasian Creed

1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith;
2. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.
3. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;
4. Neither confounding the persons nor dividing the substance.
5. For there is one person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Spirit.
6. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit is all one, the glory equal, the majesty coeternal.
7. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Spirit.
8. The Father uncreated, the Son uncreated, and the Holy Spirit uncreated.
9. The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, and the Holy Spirit incomprehensible.
10. The Father eternal, the Son eternal, and the Holy Spirit eternal.
11. And yet they are not three eternals but one eternal.
12. As also there are not three uncreated nor three incomprehensible, but one uncreated and one incomprehensible.
13. So likewise the Father is almighty, the Son almighty, and the Holy Spirit almighty.
14. And yet they are not three almighties, but one almighty.
15. So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God;
16. And yet they are not three Gods, but one God.
17. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Spirit Lord;
18. And yet they are not three Lords but one Lord.
19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;
20. So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say; There are three Gods or three Lords.
21. The Father is made of none, neither created nor begotten.
22. The Son is of the Father alone; not made nor created, but begotten.
23. The Holy Spirit is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.
24. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Spirit, not three Holy Spirits.
25. And in this Trinity none is afore or after another; none is greater or less than another.
26. But the whole three persons are coeternal, and coequal.
27. So that in all things, as aforesaid, the Unity in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity is to be worshipped.

Prince George, Canada

#438297 May 7, 2013
Now here is the story from the Jews, who preceded the ex-Jew Catholics.

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

God (good). Throughout the Hebrew Scriptures two chief names are used for the one true divine being—ELOHIM, commonly translated God in our version, and JEHOVAH translated Lord.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#438298 May 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for clarifying that you do still sin, and I do too. And I also love
Jesus and believe in Him.
BTW, St. John says "confess our sins", not "confess our sins to HIM".
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Who is "he"????? The Pink Rabbit?????

Prince George, Canada

#438299 May 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubbish, June.
No one posits that the Apostles Creed is authored by the apostles. All articles contained are found in theological formulas current around 100 AD, between the Apostolic Period and the beginning of the Post-Apostolic Period.
Doctrine is developed. Same as scientific theory is developed.
Can't work both sides of the street, June.
From the “The Lost Book of the Bibles, by Bell Publishing, New York, comes the following

The Apostles’ Creed.

It is affirmed by Ambrose,“that the twelve Apostles, as skillful artificers assembled together, and made a key by their common advise, that is, the Creed; by which the darkness of the devil is disclosed, that the light of Christ may appear.” 1 Others fable that every Apostle inserted an article, by which the creed is divided into twelve articles; and a sermon, fathered upon St. Austin, and quoted by the Lord Chancellor King, fabricates that each particular article was thus inserted by each particular Apostle:-

“Peter.- 1. I believe in God the Father Almighty;
“John.- 2. Maker of heaven and earth;
“James.- 3. And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord;
“Andrew.- 4. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary;
“Philip.- 5. Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried;
“Thomas.- 6. He descended into hell, the third day he rose again from the dead;
“Bartholomew.– 7. He ascended into heaven, sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
“Matthew. 8. From thence he shall come to judge the quick, and the dead;
“James, the son of Alpheus.– 9. I believe in the Holy Ghost, the holy Catholic Church;
“Simon Zelotes.– 10. The communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins;
“Jude the brother of James.– 11. The resurrection of the body;
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#438300 May 7, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>When did the Early Church allow the use of statues,the worship of the Mother of God,the worship of the Host,the Papacy,Indulgences,Purgatory,s elf mortification,Mortal,venial,ac tual sins? NO,the First century church did not have that,but the Catholic church adopted all these practices and much,much more as time went on.The Bible was locked into LATIN for centuries.
Anthony there is so much negative history connected to the Catholic Church,and most of all the Inquisitions,none of which would ever have been tolerated by the First Century Church.Can you imagine the Lord Jesus setting up a tribunal,after torturing people for sometime,forcing them to parade through streets,with dunce caps on,and than burned to death in effigy,all because they did not follow His "church" that forced everyone to be members of? NO Of course not! You cannot even suggest that our Lord would force His will on anyone,let alone set up a vicious system to enforce His Holy will on.
Catholicism may be an ancient church as far back as the first century,but it is also a counterfeit of what the Bible describes a church should be.It is no wonder why the RCC degrades the sola scriptura,when in the light of scripture there is no "Condemnation to those who walk in Christ Jesus."In the light of Scripture,believers are not forced to walk with a church system,but are encouraged and taught to walk with the MAN Christ Jesus,King of kings and Lord of Lords.
When did God command the use of religious statues?

Exodus 25:18
Thou,(Moses), shalt make also two cherubims of beaten gold, on the two sides of the oracle. 19 Let one cherub be on the one side, and the other on the other.
20 Let them cover both sides of the propitiatory, spreading their wings, and covering the oracle, and let them look one towards the other, their faces being turned towards the propitiatory wherewith the ark is to be covered.

I Kings 6
27 And he (Solomon) set the cherubims in the midst of the inner temple: and the cherubims stretched forth their wings, and the wing of the one touched one wall, and the wing of the other cherub touched the other wall: and the other wings in the midst of the temple touched one another.

Numbers 21:8
And the Lord said to him (Moses): Make brazen serpent, and set it up for a sign: whosoever being struck shall look on it, shall live.

That's from way back in the Old Testament. Certainly nothing the CC invented.

Prince George, Canada

#438301 May 7, 2013
Pad wrote:
<Yes there are many in the religious world who seek to destroy real faith,in order to control others.
You don't see yourself as others see you.

Because you believe you have the only REAL faith ... if you could manage it, in a flash you would make all people of the world over into your religion.
youtube

AOL

#438302 May 7, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Married in 8,299
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 5 hr ELIAS IBARRA 83
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••