Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,108)

Showing posts 422,141 - 422,160 of529,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

From what I have studied, many of the ancient religions vilified male homosexuality, and were not concerned so much with lesbians.

Women had no way of supporting their selves back then, so they married and bore many children for the theologians who needed babies to grow into soldiers and baby-producing machines to support their causes.

Homosexual men were drawn to other men and did not want to have sex with women, and THAT was not what the theologians wanted in their domains.

So, male homosexuals were often put to death as a statement to other males that they had better pretend to be heterosexual, marry and have children, or be prepared to die violent deaths.

After all ... war to the theologians, was the best reason of all to have the population keep producing babies.

Religion never was about serving the gods. It was about serving the wills of the theological fortune-tellers ... and if homosexuals were of no use to them, they would label them as evil, and their own human vile wills would be done.

Horrible beasts of prey.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
From what I have studied, many of the ancient religions vilified male homosexuality, and were not concerned so much with lesbians.
Women had no way of supporting their selves back then, so they married and bore many children for the theologians who needed babies to grow into soldiers and baby-producing machines to support their causes.
Homosexual men were drawn to other men and did not want to have sex with women, and THAT was not what the theologians wanted in their domains.
So, male homosexuals were often put to death as a statement to other males that they had better pretend to be heterosexual, marry and have children, or be prepared to die violent deaths.
After all ... war to the theologians, was the best reason of all to have the population keep producing babies.
Religion never was about serving the gods. It was about serving the wills of the theological fortune-tellers ... and if homosexuals were of no use to them, they would label them as evil, and their own human vile wills would be done.
Horrible beasts of prey.
~~~

As the word says absolutely Reprobate .... Sold unto sin quoting reprobate resources.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you referring to as "unproductive to our community?"
600 out of every 1,000 births are to unmarried mothers. We as a society should see the problem with this. Those children will not flourish as well as if they were raised in a mother/father household.
Its draining us economically too.

Same sex marriage is another variable to the problem. Even if you take religion out of the equation, children of same sex couples (statistically they 'divorce' higher than heterosexuals) will be a burden to society one day. There is no logical reason for Government to recognize these unions.
So, anything outside of the traditional covenant of marriage and family, is unproductive to We The People.

There was a good article in the Saint Paul Pioneer Press this morning about the breakdown of Marriage.
I can't provide the link. But you can go to twincities.com and look for Joe Soucherays column. "Single Moms are making us broke"
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Which opinion? There are many.
My guess is, if the pope doesn't bend his rules, he is soon going to lose his support-system.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Argentina: Catholic priest expelled from church for supporting equal marriage
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/04/13/argentin...
82 former Catholic priests support legalizing same-sex marriage in Minn.
Read more: 82 former Catholic priests support same-sex marriage in Minn.- KMSP-TV http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/21567946...
Thanks be to God, the Catholic Church is not dictated by cultural influence and popular opinion. So it doesn't matter if 500 priest want Gay Marriage. They are welcomed to leave anytime and join to Anglicans or Pentecostals and marry same sex couples.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All of those words such as "brethren," "faithful," "family," "saint," "martyr," "salvation," "holy," etc.... were/are just phrases to lure people into the cults. Each cult had and has their own self-serving terminology to fool people into the idea that "If you join MY group, I have the best offering in the "universe," as it is the only one that will guarantee eternal bliss in the afterlife. All others are false and MINE is real."
That is an old story ... but it still has its "charm" ... for the gullible.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
an·ti·och
1.A city in southern Turkey near the Syrian border, it was the ancient capital of Syria; pop. 123,871.
2.A city in ancient Phrygia.
"They were the first denomination, as they were the first to use the word Christian for their religion."

The truth: A name given at Antioch to those who believed Jesus to be the Messiah, A. D. 42, Ac 11:26 It seems to have been given to them by the men of Antioch as a term of convenience rather than of ridicule, to designate the new sect more perfectly than any other word could do.

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Star. Protestantland has really exploded in the last 75 yrs. The born again movement has spawned countless different sects.... eliminating Baptism; eliminating the Eucharist; eliminating Confession; undoing virtually everything that was taught by our Beloved Apostles.
They are hanging by a thread. God is infinite Love, and I think its this Love that keeps them slightly above water. But we can see the chaos that's ensued from generation to generation of these guys.

Hope California is treating you good. Its May and snowing in Minnesota. Sucks!
So true Clay.
Was it Pope JP-2 that called it the generation of death?
Snow in May!!! Strange isn't it? SoCal in the 70's...great weather.
Stay well. <><

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Happy 6th Sunday of Easter!!

Readings for the 6th Sunday of Easter #videoORread
1st reading
Acts 15:1-2, 22-29
Psalm 67:2-3, 5-6, 8
2nd reading
Revelation 21:10-14, 22-23

Holy Gospel according to
John 14:23-29
http://www.salvationhistory.com/blog/council_...

"The first Church council, the Council of Jerusalem we hear about in today’s First Reading, decided the shape of the Church as we know it.

Some Jewish Christians had wanted Gentile converts to be circumcised and obey all the complex ritual and purity laws of the Jews.

The council called this a heresy, again showing us that the Church in the divine plan is meant to be a worldwide family of God, no longer a covenant with just one nation.

Today’s Liturgy gives us a profound meditation on the nature and meaning of the Church.

The Church is One, as we see in the First Reading:“the Apostles [bishops] and presbyters [priests], in agreement with the whole Church [laity].”

The Church is Holy, taught and guided by the Spirit that Jesus promises the Apostles in the Gospel.

The Church is Catholic, or universal, making known God’s ways of salvation to all peoples, ruling all in equity, as we sing in today’s Psalm.

And the Church, as John sees in the Second Reading, is Apostolic - founded on the twelve Apostles of the Lamb.

All these marks of the Church are underscored in the story of the council.

Notice that everybody, including Paul, looks to “Jerusalem [and]...the Apostles” to decide the Church’s true teaching. The Apostles, too, presume that Christian teachers need a “mandate from us.”

And we see the Spirit guiding the Apostles in all truth. Notice how they describe their ruling:“It is the decision of the Holy Spirit and of us.”

Knowing these truths about the Church, our hearts should never be troubled. The Liturgy’s message today is that the Church is the Lord’s, watched over and guarded by the Advocate, the Holy Spirit sent by the Father in the name of the Son.

This should fill us with confidence, free us to worship with exultation, inspire us to rededicate our lives to His Name - to love Jesus in our keeping of His Word, to rejoice that He and the Father in the Spirit have made their dwelling with us."

Since: May 13

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

oooooh, who cares

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

This is an example of how quickly Life can be snuffed out..

The Grand father of one of these young men attend the Church I Pastor...

Two men walking along the railroad crossing at Howe Springs and Bannockburn roads in Florence County have died after being hit by a train, according to Florence County Coroner Keith Von Lutcken.

The 22- and 28-year-old men were hit from behind just before 6 pm Thursday evening, according to Amtrak officials.

Lutcken says the men appear to have been struck from behind.

Officials say the Amtrak train was traveling from New York to Savannah.

About 133 people were on the train. They were not injured.

The railroad crossing was shut down while emergency crews were on the scene, but has since reopened.

The victims both lived in Florence and their names will be released Friday morning.

The accident is under investigation by CSX, Florence County Coroner's Office and the Florence County Sheriff's Office.

The incident is under investigation.

~~~

These young men ...While attempting to avoid being hit by one train...stepped into the path of another going in the opposite direction.

They were caught between the two trains and there was nothing left to identify of their bodies, but their library cards and billfolds.

How very tragic

Please pray for their loved ones

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews assemble in synagogues
Christians assemble in churches
Had Jesus lived, he would have encouraged the building of more synagogues ... NOT Christian churches.
When you find time.....please edict and correct Strong's Greek Lexicon...would appreciate it...

Then do the same for the English dictionary: synagogue:
house of God, house of prayer, house of worship, place of worship - any building where congregations gather for prayer....

This is also saying a synagogue is a church!!!!!! Plus it says a church is a synagogue!!!!!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are reading data PROMOTED By the church ... written by those that support the church. And my guess is, you won't change your mind, because you feel a surge of power in that you believe you are god's support system in vilifying those who are gay.
You are a fool!!!
Deny it and have all the temper tantrums you want, but you really don't know what you're talking about. Homosexual men were responsible for almost all of the abuse cases in the comprehensive independent report, not pedophiles.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jay_Colle...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jay_Repor...

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

are you a hot woman who likes to talk dirty? LMAO, just messin wit ya,
keep up the faith mate
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
If you are going to advertize Rome..
JUST DON'T STOP AT THE FIRST VERSES PRINT ALL the truth
~~~
Rom 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
I'm not advertising Rome, I'm defending her against your attacks with the words of St. Paul who praises her and her faith.

Can you tell me where your Pennsylvania pentecostal compound is mentioned in the bible?

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Peter himself the chief of the Apostles, the first in the Church, the friend of Christ, who received a revelation not from man, but from the Father, as the Lord bears witness to him, saying,'Blessed are thou, Simon Bar-Jona, because flesh and bone hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven'; this very Peter,- and when I name Peter, the great Apostles, I name that unbroken rock, that firm foundation, the great Apostle, the first of the disciples, the first called and the first who obeyed."
John Chrysostom (Homily 3 de Poenit. 4)

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Peter himself the chief of the Apostles, the first in the Church, the friend of Christ, who received a revelation not from man, but from the Father, as the Lord bears witness to him, saying,'Blessed are thou, Simon Bar-Jona, because flesh and bone hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven'; this very Peter,- and when I name Peter, the great Apostles, I name that unbroken rock, that firm foundation, the great Apostle, the first of the disciples, the first called and the first who obeyed."
John Chrysostom (Homily 3 de Poenit. 4)
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"They were the first denomination, as they were the first to use the word Christian for their religion."
The truth: A name given at Antioch to those who believed Jesus to be the Messiah, A. D. 42, Ac 11:26 It seems to have been given to them by the men of Antioch as a term of convenience rather than of ridicule, to designate the new sect more perfectly than any other word could do.
The Catholic bishop of Antioch wrote letters referring to the Catholic Church as a well established entity by the turn of the first century.

Not one iota of evidence exists of anyone referring to the Southern baptist denomination of protestantism until almost 1900 years later.

Question: Where were you guys hiding for 19 centuries?

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
As the word says absolutely Reprobate .... Sold unto sin quoting reprobate resources.
Your human resources are you sources. I suggest you take it to your own bank and see if you can cash it in for a dose of reality.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Triphazard wrote:
Peter himself the chief of the Apostles, the first in the Church, the friend of Christ,
Jews craved so much to be Catholics, Judaism couldn't contain them. sarcasm intended.

Silly dogmas!

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Deny it and have all the temper tantrums you want, but you really don't know what you're talking about. Homosexual men were responsible for almost all of the abuse cases in the comprehensive independent report, not pedophiles.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jay_Colle...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jay_Repor...
As you enjoy using scriptures to bully others, my guess is, nothing I post will change your mind. But I'll still try.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Sexual orientation is an adult attraction to other adults, About.com adoption expert Carrie Craft explains. Pedophilia is an adult sexual attraction to children. Yet, myths that link gay men with child abuse continue to circulate, especially in the wake of the latest priest-child abuse scandals.

http://gaylife.about.com/b/2010/04/09/how-lik ....

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
When you find time.....please edict and correct Strong's Greek Lexicon...would appreciate it...
Then do the same for the English dictionary: synagogue:
house of God, house of prayer, house of worship, place of worship - any building where congregations gather for prayer....
This is also saying a synagogue is a church!!!!!! Plus it says a church is a synagogue!!!!!
If a synagogue is the same as a church, why do Christians not go to synagogues to pray and worship the supposed Jewish god?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 422,141 - 422,160 of529,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••