Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688410 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#438144 May 6, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Did you stop sinning after you professed your faith in Jesus (or the bible, not sure anymore with you folks)?

Did YOU stop sinning when you became Catholic?

The comparison would be difficult to make because CC's seem to be allowed to gamble, get drunk, use questionable language, etc. And if they do anything worse, they can buy indulgences.

KayMarie
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#438145 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to find answers is admitting to not knowing answers.
Once a beginning point is established or assumed, then certain things follow.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#438146 May 6, 2013
My guess is, if a creator exists, he must be disgusted with all the humans who claim to speak only truth in his/her name.

I believe I am better off asking questions and not believing in a creator ... than to take a chance that in a state of blatant arrogance I make claims that are not aligned to truth.

I don't think it's too much for me to ask for proof that all these gods existed or still exist. It's an open, honest question ... innocent in its intent.

I have complete faith that if there is a creator, the creator will understand that I didn't want to take the words of theologians as truth and become a preacher of what might be more and more blatant lies.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#438147 May 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Did YOU stop sinning when you became Catholic?
If you are not a sinner and Jesus died for your sins ... why did "god" not call you home?

Silly people
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#438148 May 6, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Once a beginning point is established or assumed, then certain things follow.
Hahahahahaha
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#438149 May 6, 2013
Sheryl wrote:
<quoted text>
Elizabeth, I had to leave the church because of its air of superiority, and for many other reasons. Of course Benedict's statement will only hurt the church. He has hurt a LOT of people by saying what he did.
why would anybody belong to a church that have gay priests???????
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#438150 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha
What's funny? You have your beginning point, namely that there is no way to have a beginning point since nothing can be known for certain. And then there is nowhere to go after that.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#438151 May 6, 2013
When I think of all the theologians in different cultures that promised eternal bliss in a hereafter if only people would have faith ... I wonder why it took me so long to see that the theologians were all deluded ... or worse yet ... on purpose deceiving the followers.

And if you think that preachers won't deceive their followers, I want you to think about the preachers who are now Atheists and are still preaching from their pulpits that you can be saved by faith in Jesus ... when the preachers don't even believe what THEY are preaching is based on truth, but simply need the money that comes from their preaching to put food on the tables for their families and their selves.

Location hidden

#438152 May 6, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Pay attention. I was pointed out that fact, which invalidates the Catholic claim that around 380-450 BC Jesus established their church as his church.
The Catholics claim when Christ declared "I will build my church" it was a done deal at that time....and it was the Catholic church!!!

That is why they claim Peter was the first pope...he could not have been the first pope if the church was built 300 to 400 years after he died!!!!!
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#438153 May 6, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Very easily. It happens all the time. You say you "believe in Jesus", yet you don't believe He said what He meant and meant what He said each and every time He made a statement.
Even satan believes.

James 2:19

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#438154 May 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to have cyber-sex with the women here now ?
Going to ask them to take there clothes off and have sex with you ?
You do it on WINLAC, why not here ?
Show these Catholics what a Real Christian is like.
is this all you got, DOG? my God tells us to take the log out of our own eye before we try to take slivers out of others.

why do you stalk and harras me from thread to thread all the while you're claiming that i'm doing the harrasing?

my God be judge between you and i.....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#438155 May 6, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funny? You have your beginning point, namely that there is no way to have a beginning point since nothing can be known for certain. And then there is nowhere to go after that.
I stated that I don't know the answers but continue to seek ... knowing that I don't know.

Seeking shows a sense of humility. Preaching that you know what occurs after death of your body is simply a display of arrogance.

My guess is, your conscience knows that is true ... if you just choose to allow it to give you that sense of truth.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#438156 May 6, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Even satan believes.
James 2:19
Yup. Satan believes in Jesus and so do the demons.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#438157 May 6, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> why would anybody belong to a church that have gay priests???????
Don't forget the gay nuns that have sex with each other ... and the pedophiles that are off on their own trip.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#438158 May 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I stated that I don't know the answers but continue to seek ... knowing that I don't know.
Seeking shows a sense of humility. Preaching that you know what occurs after death of your body is simply a display of arrogance.
My guess is, your conscience knows that is true ... if you just choose to allow it to give you that sense of truth.
My conscience tells me there is a God. It took a while for me to accept He is Love. Hard to do sometimes. Meanwhile people have plenty of hate for sure.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#438159 May 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
is this all you got, DOG? my God tells us to take the log out of our own eye before we try to take slivers out of others.
There are words in the "book" to fit every belief, and you will be sure to find the ones that fit YOUR belief that you can in turn use as battering rams against others.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#438160 May 6, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll make SURE of it ... won't you preacher?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#438161 May 6, 2013
Christian ... "I SAID Jesus loves me damn you ... now leave me alone!!!"

"Okay ... I'll leave you alone."

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#438162 May 6, 2013
Original version of the Christian hymn

Jesus loves me! this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
they are weak but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

My version.

Jesus doesn’t love me this I know
For the bible tells me so
He only accepts those who belong
To the Christian faith, and that is wrong

No, Jesus doesn’t love me
The bible tells me so

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#438163 May 6, 2013
who="Just Sayin"

And THEY tremble.

KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web