Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,961
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#437552 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you keep preaching that you know truth?
June VanDerMark:

If I don't, then what?

A lie?

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#437553 May 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I have studied most major religions, and many philosophical viewpoints.
I believe that philosophy should not claim truth. It should ever be searching for truth, but never claiming to own it.

Terrace, Canada

#437554 May 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
In my heart, mind, soul, and body.
All your beliefs are generated from what's in your attic as are mine.

Terrace, Canada

#437555 May 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
If I don't, then what?
A lie?
Did it ever occur to you that when you brag about knowing, and in turn preach what are certain is truth, that you are lying???

Terrace, Canada

#437556 May 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
And perhaps some people searched out, and misinterpretted theologians and used their writings to promote violence, and revenge, out of their own bitterness and anger?
Some believe denial is not a chosen lifestyle.
All devout believers are prone to justify the words and actions of their own theologians.

Augustine promoted Catholic war as just and ordained by "god," and many Catholics to this day revere his dogmas as the most holy of all Catholic theologians.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437557 May 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
If I don't, then what?
A lie?
___

June ....like Clay.... is allowing God....(Whom she says she does not believe in)...

to control here every waking moment...

She has spent day after day out of control and letting the God that she despises decide her thoughts and reactions against him...

Isn't it strange when that one which we rave and rant becomes our

obsession calls the shots...becomes our director and controls our

reaction...

This is the epitome of what hatred does...

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#437558 May 3, 2013
I must try to see the difference between my picture of a person and his behavior, as it is narcissistically distorted, and the person's reality as it exists regardless of my interests, needs and fears.
&#8213; Erich Fromm, The Art of Loving
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#437559 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
___
June ....like Clay.... is allowing God....(Whom she says she does not believe in)...
She has spent day after day out of control and letting the God that she despises decide her thoughts and reactions against him...
reaction...
I just watched the other part of that video of the Pentecostal minister who converted to Catholicism. I feel sad for you and your husband. People absolutely will not leave their careers and admit they were wrong.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#437560 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that philosophy should not claim truth. It should ever be searching for truth, but never claiming to own it.
June VanDerMark:

I believe philosophy to be an exercise in reasoning viewpoints, to an end which is truth. So if viewpoints are truth, which some on here view as one's own perspective, then they are philosophers.

#437561 May 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I just watched the other part of that video of the Pentecostal minister who converted to Catholicism. I feel sad for you and your husband. People absolutely will not leave their careers and admit they were wrong.
~~~

I strive not to allow the five senses to control my life...

Faith does not depend upon what a person....

feels...sees.. hears...taste or smells.

Faith is having confident expectations in What God has Spoken forth and

being fully persuaded in your own heart that what God has spoken forth .

He will perform/do.

While I appreciate your interest in the destiny of my eternal soul..

you need not waste your time...

2Ti_1:12 ........ I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

#437562 May 3, 2013
who="Clay"

Which story is right?

First you said that a Pentecostal minister converted to CC.

Then you said that people ABSOLUTELY would not leave their careers and admit that they were wrong.

KayMarie
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#437563 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All your beliefs are generated from what's in your attic as are mine.
June VanDerMark:

In part, quite true. As beliefs are part of one's experience.

Faith is quite a different matter.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#437564 May 3, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
You're cute when you have your temper tantrums!

Well thanks you!
But truly Ella, peace be with you. ;-)
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#437565 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that when you brag about knowing, and in turn preach what are certain is truth, that you are lying???
June VanDerMark:

Since in thought and deed I seek to be humble, am I a liar?

Your questuin rests upon proof which is in your assumption, which tends to have a bit of circular reasoning.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#437566 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All devout believers are prone to justify the words and actions of their own theologians.
Augustine promoted Catholic war as just and ordained by "god," and many Catholics to this day revere his dogmas as the most holy of all Catholic theologians.
June VanDerMark:

Since you are devoted to your beliefs, this must apply to you as well.

It is hard to say what one will do in order to justify actions in the future. On the other hand, if one is faced with an enemy that seeks to destroy, one is obliged for the sake of justice to act with fortitude. That act of justice we face in the present, and is a part of the will.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#437567 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
___
reaction...
confrinting with the word:

It could be a cry for help, as one attempts to ignore pain, but is overwhelmed by it.

It is part of being human.

#437568 May 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

When as A small child, God spoke to my heart and called me to the ministry...of His word...

He did not call me to a Roman Catholic Church, neither did he call me

to spend my time on the golf course...or collect a fortune for my self in real estate and other amenities as some have done..

But upon calling me and sending me to work for Him ..God accepted the responsibility to provide what was needed to fulfill that calling and God has been faithful in supplying my needs.

I work with my two older Brothers in an evangelistic team before I was twelve years old.(They too have also spent their lives as ministers of the Gospel.).

I have never considered God's calling on my life to be a career, nor is it my occupation...

It to me is a privilege, to be called and sent.

I do not believe that God loves me any more than the vilest sinner...

God owes me nothing...

Jesus paid it all and all to Him I owe.

#437569 May 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confrinting with the word:
It could be a cry for help, as one attempts to ignore pain, but is overwhelmed by it.
It is part of being human.
My wife and I have experienced pain...and sorrow ... especially when one

of my sons age 25 was found hanged ...which death was never investigated

and there has been no closure...

But the comforter that Jesus sent has given us peace in our hearts

I would never blame God for His death...

Jesus said

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#437570 May 3, 2013
who="Clay"
Which story is right?
First you said that a Pentecostal minister converted to CC.
Then you said that people ABSOLUTELY would not leave their careers and admit that they were wrong.
KayMarie
Both are true.
You know as well as I do, that the ridicule you'd face from your peers and the financial burden of a career change is enough to make you ignore truth.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#437571 May 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It is one thing to disagree. It is another to believe one can read another man and woman's heart. Nothing wrong with questioning one's beliefs. It is another to condescendingly "feel sorry" for 2 people. It is another to suggest subtly that they do not change beliefs because they would have to leave their career. Step back and take a look at what you said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Married in 8,878
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Mon SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
More from around the web