Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#437522 May 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Jesus did come back from the dead, and also raised the dead.
So where is he now ... hiding in your attic???

:)

Terrace, Canada

#437523 May 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is more simple than that which humanity can express.
Is that why you keep preaching that you know truth?

Terrace, Canada

#437524 May 3, 2013
I don't blame Jesus for playing hard to get.

After all he IS a rock-star, and you KNOW how groupies pull hair and clothes off rock-stars.

But then again maybe Jesus never was in that Christian bible giving out advise.

Rumor has it that Rabbis have more than enough sermons of their own to prepare in the synagogues, and that they have no interest whatsoever in supporting the dogmas of Christians.

My guess is, there is no savior TO play hard to get.

tongue-in-cheek
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#437525 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If ONLY there were a god ... the god might choose to settle the disputes.
Leave it up to human theologians and they fight forever over who is right. And of course the other person is always wrong.
:)
luke 12
49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!

51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#437526 May 3, 2013
Your origianl post.....

waaasssuuup wrote:
COME QUICKLY LORD JESUS!!!

New Age wrote:
Since you believe this, and with this, a "destruction" is also supposed to occur.

Why do you want people to die?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why do you want people to die?"
i think a more appropriate question is; why would you accuse me of such a thing and seek to slander my reputation?
Because you must want this "end of days" to occur.

And with this belief - comes a destruction to the planet and people.

So why do you want people to die?

C'mon waaasssuuup....you seem "brighter" than what you are portraying.

Albuquerque, NM

#437527 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Jesus existed, why would anyone want to follow the leader of a cult who told them that only through belief in him could they find salvation?
He would have been no better than any other scam artist theologian with a smooth line of foolishness.
I guess whatyou say is valid - for those who only follow what is prescribed in the Bible.

I believe his many non-canonical teachings are just as valid, but not followed, understood or utilized by most of Christendom.

So in essence, your question of:
"why would anyone want to follow the leader of a cult who told them that only through belief in him could they find salvation?"
- this is what Christianity wants people to believe. Its a ruse.

"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus

I fyou review this small implified statement, it contradicts pretty much everything Christianity teaches, but in the same motion encapsulates those canonical teachings with a firm capstone.

If one doesn't want to believe - so be it. But it is what it is.

*shrugs*

Albuquerque, NM

#437528 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Know thy self as a Muslim knows his self, and you will learn to go beyond your own self-idolatry.
Yep - when one ventures into the "spiritual" at this level - no religion is required or necessary to achieve that level.

Terrace, Canada

#437529 May 3, 2013
The word sin also a long history. IT went from holding a place of honor as a moon god, to be vilified as evil.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Sin, a city of Egypt, mentioned only by Ezekiel.

Sin, Wilderness of, a tract of the wilderness which the Israelites reached after leaving the encampment by the Red Sea.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Sin offering. The sin offering among the Jews was the sacrifice in which the ideas of propitiation and of atonement for sin were most distinctly marked.

Terrace, Canada

#437530 May 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess whatyou say is valid - for those who only follow what is prescribed in the Bible.
I believe his many non-canonical teachings are just as valid, but not followed, understood or utilized by most of Christendom.
So in essence, your question of:
"why would anyone want to follow the leader of a cult who told them that only through belief in him could they find salvation?"
- this is what Christianity wants people to believe. Its a ruse.
"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus
I fyou review this small implified statement, it contradicts pretty much everything Christianity teaches, but in the same motion encapsulates those canonical teachings with a firm capstone.
If one doesn't want to believe - so be it. But it is what it is.
*shrugs*
Do you believe that you KNOW your self?

If we could see our selves as others see us, the impressions would vary in sentiments.

You seem to believe that you are aligned to a holy will of a god.

Would that be your perception or mine?

I'm not being sarcastic. I get that feeling from what you post.

Albuquerque, NM

#437531 May 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Jesus did come back from the dead, and also raised the dead.
You are misinterpretting "a spiritual reawakening" with a "bodily one". The bodily one never occurred.

Why do you think the longer ending was not included in the oldest bibles on record - the Codex Siniaticus and Codex Vaticanus?

GoJudas - also speaks of a spiritual rising, and not a bodily one - by Jesus.

Terrace, Canada

#437532 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Yep - when one ventures into the "spiritual" at this level - no religion is required or necessary to achieve that level.
Excuse me ... but ... HOLY SHIT!

Topix moderators ... I was NOT swearing. I was making a statement that I think fits the occasion.

Albuquerque, NM

#437533 May 3, 2013
Do you think Jesus' time on the cross - was "murder", an "assisted suicide" or some other act?
One needs to realize what specific action is taking place because of this occurrence. If one does not represent it correctly, then one goes on believing in somethign that may not have really happened in the way they learned.
If one is to use the Gospel of Judas as an "inside process" to what actually happened - it actually appears the following occurred:
a. Jesus chooses his followers
b. Judas volunteers to do Jesus bidding
c. Jesus acknowledges Judas as "greatest of them all"
d. Judas completes his Master's bidding
e. Jesus is sent to the cross to die
"Assisted suicide" seems to fit this with the most plausibility.
But if we take the allegoric meaning of his "resurrection and the 40 days afterwards, Jesus shows the world that when he died, our Spirit still lived and if we as humans continue to love each other without hate, we too can achieve what he tried to show us.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
The Cross was the end of an earthly journey, which God sought out to restore humanity to Himself.
It was in accordance to God's Will, that the perfect, and most noble of humanity, Jesus, would endure to such an earthly end.
The "inside process" is for each of us to accept God's Will, in Jesus Christ.
"Do you think Jesus' time on the cross - was "murder", an "assisted suicide" or some other act?"
- so you decided to believe it "was just a journey".

If this was the case, why does Jesus speak of totally different subjects in other texts?

Albuquerque, NM

#437534 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that you KNOW your self?
If we could see our selves as others see us, the impressions would vary in sentiments.
You seem to believe that you are aligned to a holy will of a god.
Would that be your perception or mine?
I'm not being sarcastic. I get that feeling from what you post.
:o)

Good questions June.....let's walk down those paths together.....

"Do you believe that you KNOW your self?"
- I do.
- I've made plenty of personal sacrifices to help others and my family - all the while, being honest, not causing harm, and promoting love.
- Have I examined my "personal demons" to really "look into the Self"?
+ yes I have - it's called meditation and can be very revealing to one's Self.

"If we could see our selves as others see us, the impressions would vary in sentiments."
- true - evry perception is incomplete unless all the information is available when one thinks they have a conclusion. Usually, they don't - there is always something missing.
- In fact, our true Self emerges at the deathbed - because there is really no place to "hide" from the demons at this point.

"You seem to believe that you are aligned to a holy will of a god."
- So. I'm a one of the "Sons of Light" - as I despise evil and will fight it tooth and nail, when it comes across my path.

KEE-YAH!!

"Would that be your perception or mine?"
- well - since the above was your comment to me, that would make it your perception.
- My own belief is my perception.

"I'm not being sarcastic. I get that feeling from what you post."
- I didn't take it you were. I think they are great questions that can show a person to another, on how honest the person can be.

I would bet that not one so-called "Christian" is this honest with there own assessment of themself.

They refuse to acknowledge that deep honesty within.

Thanks for asking!

Terrace, Canada

#437535 May 3, 2013
“If sin is innate, it is not voluntary; if it is voluntary, then it is not innate.”

Pelagius

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437536 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's too bad that all of you preachers of supposed truth only digest and regurgitate your own words.
If you take a peek out of your personalized cults you would see that those in other religions are every bit as certain that they own truth as are you.
Fools play with their own folly.
~~~~

You are speaking from experience Right?

Terrace, Canada

#437537 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Good questions June.....let's walk down those paths together.....
"Do you believe that you KNOW your self?"
- I do.
- I've made plenty of personal sacrifices to help others and my family - all the while, being honest, not causing harm, and promoting love.
- Have I examined my "personal demons" to really "look into the Self"?
+ yes I have - it's called meditation and can be very revealing to one's Self.
"If we could see our selves as others see us, the impressions would vary in sentiments."
- true - evry perception is incomplete unless all the information is available when one thinks they have a conclusion. Usually, they don't - there is always something missing.
- In fact, our true Self emerges at the deathbed - because there is really no place to "hide" from the demons at this point.
"You seem to believe that you are aligned to a holy will of a god."
- So. I'm a one of the "Sons of Light" - as I despise evil and will fight it tooth and nail, when it comes across my path.
KEE-YAH!!
"Would that be your perception or mine?"
- well - since the above was your comment to me, that would make it your perception.
- My own belief is my perception.
"I'm not being sarcastic. I get that feeling from what you post."
- I didn't take it you were. I think they are great questions that can show a person to another, on how honest the person can be.
I would bet that not one so-called "Christian" is this honest with there own assessment of themself.
They refuse to acknowledge that deep honesty within.
Thanks for asking!
Well, thanks for explaining. I do agree that most Christians have the same high opinion of their selves in the idea that they are saved from what tarnishes other, and that is what I have "against" religion.

Terrace, Canada

#437538 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
You are speaking from experience Right?
YES! I was in religion and also thought I knew that a god was real.

Now I know that I don't know.

One thing I believe, is that I am simply one form of life with no more value (except to my self) than other forms of life, and that there is no spiritual realm. Emotions are simply normal. We can be euphoric one moment and sad the next. From my perception, that is not a spirit moving us ... it is us moving emotion.

Terrace, Canada

#437539 May 3, 2013
When people admit to hating evil, they have to first believe that evil is IN others.

I don't believe that. I believe some of us are extremely wounded by life, and in turn become bitter and vile in how we treat others.

But from the behavior of theologians who tortured and killed other while preaching love ... it is plain that religion never solved the problems it promised to cure.

It simply motivated people to be violent in the guise of following the supposed will of gods, using the lame excuse that others were evil and they were holy.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#437540 May 3, 2013
Catholic - pertaining to the Church of Rome: n. a member of the Universal or Catholic Church, or of the Roman Church

Romanism - the doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church

Romanist - an adherent of the Church of Rome

Roman Catholic - pertaining to the Church of Rome, of which the Pope is head: a member of the Church of Rome

Roman Catholicism - the doctrines and practices of the Roman Church of which the Pope is head. This Church claims apostolic succession through St. Peter, and holds that it alone is the one, holy, catholic and apostolic church: its principal tenets are papal supremacy and infallibility, celibacy of the clergy, the seven sacraments, purgatory, the immaculate conception of the Virgin Mary, the invocation of the saints, and, above all, the Mass, which, it asserts, is the true sacrifice of the Body and Blood of Christ.
Source: The New Universities Webster Dictionary

Now compare this with the Word of God and you will see the doctrinal errors......

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437541 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YES! I was in religion and also thought I knew that a god was real.
Now I know that I don't know.
One thing I believe, is that I am simply one form of life with no more value (except to my self) than other forms of life, and that there is no spiritual realm. Emotions are simply normal. We can be euphoric one moment and sad the next. From my perception, that is not a spirit moving us ... it is us moving emotion.
So you believe God did something that you disagreed with ..and you have decided to commit spiritual suicide. Right?

Your lack understanding of the attributes of God is so apparent, to us all.

People do things and blame it on God because.... they will not take responsibility for their own stupidity.

God does not violate the will of a person...He offers an option....
but if that person refuses the option, and gose on and does their thing..

THEY HAVE MADE THEIR OWN CHOICE....Just as you apparently have made your own choice.... to rave and rant against God on earth and spend eternity in hell.

Hmmm.... I wonder what made you decide to take you own spiritual life out of the hands of God... so you could destroy it....Or were you ever a Born again Christian?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... 27 min ELIAS IBARRA 14
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sherlayne 84,131
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 1 hr ELIAS IBARRA 11
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Mr Sir 9,206
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... 6 hr Sicko 3
News Pinoys in NY prepare for Calungsod's sainthood (Aug '12) Sun untilthelighttak ... 209
News Cuban bishop says news of papal visit brings 'h... May 1 the AWSOME Cowboy 1
More from around the web