Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#437500 May 3, 2013

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437501 May 3, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
You have wedding ceremonies in the pentecostal community no? Your preachers have certain requirements for the couples, i.e., he verifies they aren't married to someone else, they're sincere in their desire to wed, etc.?
Why do you believe a pentesoctal preacher can make certain determinations and the Catholic Church can't? And quit making assumptions as to someone's guilt before you know the real story. No one exonerated anyone, people are turned down in their anullment applications all the time.

Quit the crazy-making. You were the one who said that the CC decides WHETHER A PROTESTANT MARRIAGE/DIVORCE IS VALID.

KayMarie
marge

Ames, IA

#437502 May 3, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus said the flesh profits nothing He was not talking about HIS flesh.
When Jesus said "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing", He meant that unless you recieve His words on a spiritual plane you can't accept them since your thinking is merely carnal...of the flesh. He meant that it takes faith to accept His teaching.
It takes faith to believe He meant what He said and He said "take and eat, this is my body."

finish the verse;

John 6:63

The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

It takes faith to believe the 'words' are spirit and life.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#437503 May 3, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
All of mankind's gods are imaginary, including yours.
It's interesting how they WILL to see that the other gods are false, and only their own is real.

Yet if I suggest they are all false the fangs and claws of the "defenders of the FAITH" come out in full view.

Terrace, Canada

#437504 May 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
Interpretation is perception.
Perception is Self.
I agree.

Interpretation of all words is a personal affair with the self, and nothing more.

Religion is a form of mental masturbation. It can be euphoric, or evil ... according to whatever the believer takes from the experience.

Terrace, Canada

#437505 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
A perfect example of how the movement from 'dismay' to 'astonishment' occurs.
Self.
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus
Know thy self as a Muslim knows his self, and you will learn to go beyond your own self-idolatry.
marge

Ames, IA

#437506 May 3, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus said the flesh profits nothing He was not talking about HIS flesh.
When Jesus said "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing", He meant that unless you recieve His words on a spiritual plane you can't accept them since your thinking is merely carnal...of the flesh. He meant that it takes faith to accept His teaching.
It takes faith to believe He meant what He said and He said "take and eat, this is my body."
But you don't do it by faith your priest has to do something, why not just do it the way paul did?

23For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. On the night when he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread 24and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said,“This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.” 25In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying,“This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it.” 26For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death until he comes again.

Terrace, Canada

#437507 May 3, 2013
When future religions vilified the older religions, the holy sin-god was then vilified as evil, and the word sin took on evil connotation.

It's was and is the way of many people of world religions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Sîn: Moon god in 2100 BC

"Sin.—The moon-god occupied the chief place in the astral triad. Its other two members, Shamash the sun and Ishtar the planet Venus, were his children.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437508 May 3, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
finish the verse;
John 6:63
The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
It takes faith to believe the 'words' are spirit and life.
Yes it does.

John 6:64
But there are some of you who do not believe...no one can come to me unless it has been granted to him by the Father."

Faith is a gift (from the Spirit), not something we muster up inside ourselves (in the flesh).
truth

Perth, Australia

#437509 May 3, 2013
i am going walk to city yep..
when i come there
i liked walk 6x around in prayers in very close circle
toward sea and around inner city..
6-7x priest must walk around in prayers..i will do if another don't want..in this city nothing exist..mercy
see

what you believe trgovci bankari nmecentile
see
http://bible.cc/2_peter/2-3.htm
nevolje stici ce vas nepravda
http://bible.cc/1_timothy/6-5.htm

http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2008/06/...
i told you how on earth it is in heaven geometry symbols of every building or anything
you not listen
marge

Ames, IA

#437510 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) DS didn't say it-it's in the Didache, which DS didn't author.
2.) The passage from Matthew is Christ directing the faithful to approach God and each other with "clean hands", as it were.
So to examine yourself does NOT mean see if you really believe your eating the literal flesh and blood of Jesus. right?

28That is why you should examine yourself before eating the bread and drinking the cup. 29For if you eat the bread or drink the cup without honoring the body of Christ, you are eating and drinking God’s judgment upon yourself.

Location hidden

#437511 May 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
nd the term Catholic became the name of His Church.
B.(?) The Church at Rome is mentioned specifically by St. Paul. The Catholic Church is not a denomination.
"The first denomination (Catholic) was put together by the emperor some 300 to 400 years after Christ made His declaration...its foundation was paganism....not Peter!!!!!.."
Wrong. The first mention of the Catholic Church is by St. Ignatius writing in AD 110. He used the name in a manner which suggests it was already well known. The foundation of the Catholic Church is Jesus. He told St. Peter he was the rock on which He will build His Church and appointed him as it's earthly leader (see the bible). Sts. Peter and Paul founded the Church at Rome and were both martyred there. St. Paul says the faith of the Church at Rome is renowned throughout the whole world.
Per St. Ignatius;
"See that ye all follow the bishop, even as Christ Jesus does the Father, and the presbytery as ye would the apostles. Do ye also reverence the deacons, as those that carry out the appointment of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is [administered] either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude also be; by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church." Ignatius of Antioch, Epistle to the Smyrneans, 8:2 (c. A.D. 110).
Sounds like a Church that had been well established by the time he wrote this....
Its a new Book that you evidently don't have yet....Its call "Bible". I suggest you get one and get some one who understands words from the Holy Spirit to explain it to you:
B. Show me Scripture that refers to these churches, referred to in Revelation, as Catholic denominations....which would show a fallible Bible!!!!
Quote:
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write;
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write
And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write;
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write;
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write
Show me Scripture that refutes the Truth from the Word of God as quoted above.
During these 300 to 400 years there were no Christian denominations..such as the RCC....all that was, as the Bible teaches, were Christians....
The first denomination (Catholic) was put together by the emperor some 300 to 400 years after Christ made His declaration...its foundation was paganism....not Peter!!!!!...
Neither Catholic" nor "catholic" nor "universal" nor Universal" are in the definition of the Greek word from which "church" was translated: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly
I see no record where Romans, for some 300 to 400 years,put any Catholic in the arena filled with wild animals...this was a favorite sport for the Romans in those days...because there were no Catholics available!!!!
Your most famous seminar, Hollywood, has made several Catholic Training documentaries depicting just that...
You are denying the teaching of your own NABre...pope approved!!!!!
quote:Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
There is nothing said that remotely sounds like Catholic!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#437512 May 3, 2013
he set his eyes upon her
did someone strip about what..
did you judging me..
why you judging me
'crna ovca moze da pojede vuka=naidni se'
Do you know black sheep can eat wolf?
' i zmije crkaju kad nekog pravednog ujedu'
Why snake died when they bite innocent?
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437513 May 3, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
But you don't do it by faith your priest has to do something, why not just do it the way paul did?
23For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. On the night when he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread 24and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said,“This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.” 25In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying,“This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it.” 26For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death until he comes again.
Catholics do. They consider the Eucharist both a memorial and a sacrifice. It is much more than taking a pause to remember that Christ is Our Lord who died for us while we eat crackers and sip grape juice. I don't mean to sound flip, but that's what the Lord's supper is to many protestants.
Holy Communion unites the believers to Christ in a very profound and real way. Holy Communion restores the soul.

More on Communion:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05584a.htm
truth

Perth, Australia

#437514 May 3, 2013
daniel not died in barn of lion..
see

i don't know why i am not died

see

now i am going have shower then autotabanic=zavit as promise walk and talk=prayers
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#437515 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
With so very many saviors having come to earth (one time each) and not coming again ... it almost should make people catch on that no saviors came the first time ... as all the theologians swore was true.
Mohammad was a disgruntled combination of Judaism and Christianity when he started Islam with his own morphed dogmas.
Today, he is perceived as the divine leader of the Muslim religion ... holy in every sense of the word.
His spirit will live on in the minds of those who nurture that image in their imaginations, but I doubt that his supposed soul is in any paradise in a hereafter.
Such is the fantasy of religion, that plays and plays and plays, to never play itself out in the open where it can be inspected for authenticity.
Out of all the supposed saviors that came and went and were expected to come again ... not one "re"appeared in the flesh.
June VanDerMark:

Jesus did come back from the dead, and also raised the dead.

Location hidden

#437516 May 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
A. Cite your sources.
B. "Catholic" means universal. When Christ said "build His Church", it meant He wanted them to go out and preach to "all nations", to build it up to be the "universal Church". By the time of St. Ignatius's writing, the apostles had accomplished much of this "all nation preaching" and the term Catholic became the name of His Church.
B.(?) The Church at Rome is mentioned specifically by St. Paul. The Catholic Church is not a denomination.
"The first denomination (Catholic) was put together by the emperor some 300 to 400 years after Christ made His declaration...its foundation was paganism....not Peter!!!!!.."
Wrong. The first mention of the Catholic Church is by St. Ignatius writing in AD 110. He used the name in a manner which suggests it was already well known. The foundation of the Catholic Church is Jesus. He told St. Peter he was the rock on which He will build His Church and appointed him as it's earthly leader (see the bible). Sts. Peter and Paul founded the Church at Rome and were both martyred there. St. Paul says the faith of the Church at Rome is renowned throughout the whole world.
Catholics are members of a denomination....no matter how blue in the face you get denying it!!!!!

This is a list of Christian denominations by number of members. It is inevitably partial and generally based on claims by the denominations themselves. The numbers should therefore be considered approximate. The list includes all the Eastern Catholic Churches affiliated to the Catholic Church, all the Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox Churches with some recognition, relevant breakaway churches of the Catholic Church, the Protestant denominations and the Anglican churches with at least 0.2 million members, and all the other Christian branches with a distinct theological tradition.
Contents

1 Christian denominational families
2 Largest denominations in the world
2.1 Catholicism - 1.2 billion
2.2 Protestantism - 600–800 million
2.3 Eastern Orthodoxy - 230 million
2.4 Anglicanism - 85 million
2.5 Oriental Orthodoxy - 82 million
2.6 Restorationism - 49 million
2.7 Nestorianism - 0.6 million
2.8 Unitarian Universalism - 0.6 million
truth

Perth, Australia

#437517 May 3, 2013
he watching in procession too=walk and talk=prayers

tears=sretan onaj tko te ima
psalm 126
tears=tko zenje u suzama
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
i find myself upon sun
i don't burn
its not hot
did you judge me mr nikodemus
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#437518 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you think Jesus' time on the cross - was "murder", an "assisted suicide" or some other act?
One needs to realize what specific action is taking place because of this occurrence. If one does not represent it correctly, then one goes on believing in somethign that may not have really happened in the way they learned.
If one is to use the Gospel of Judas as an "inside process" to what actually happened - it actually appears the following occurred:
a. Jesus chooses his followers
b. Judas volunteers to do Jesus bidding
c. Jesus acknowledges Judas as "greatest of them all"
d. Judas completes his Master's bidding
e. Jesus is sent to the cross to die
"Assisted suicide" seems to fit this with the most plausibility.
But if we take the allegoric meaning of his "resurrection and the 40 days afterwards, Jesus shows the world that when he died, our Spirit still lived and if we as humans continue to love each other without hate, we too can achieve what he tried to show us.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

The Cross was the end of an earthly journey, which God sought out to restore humanity to Himself.

It was in accordance to God's Will, that the perfect, and most noble of humanity, Jesus, would endure to such an earthly end.

The "inside process" is for each of us to accept God's Will, in Jesus Christ.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#437519 May 3, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
God created mankind.
God gave mankind the Bible.
Yet this board is proof that the Bible spawns disagreement and even hatred., because it is so unclear.
Thus.........
God wants us to bicker and fight, just like here.
Religion - A Delusion:

Who is bickering and fighting?

If one seeks within by faith to understand, and then expresses understanding in words, then these words will always fall short, as no one can perfectly express in the finite world, that which is beyond our imagined eternity, let alone true eternity.

Truth is more simple than that which humanity can express. It is the reason why scientists and mathematicians seek simple equations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr truthandcommonsense 84,077
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Mr Sir 9,186
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... Sat Sherlayne 8
News Pope Francis visit to Cuba confirmed Sat W A Y L O N 2
News Extremists sought in possible plot against the ... Fri tomin cali 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Fri JJF 664
News Ion Mihai Pacepa 46 minutes ago History often r... Apr 24 Tom Jones 1
More from around the web