Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,712
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
scarab

San Antonio, TX

#437489 May 3, 2013
There is only One God.

The Sun God.

RA RA RA
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437490 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
[who="Just sayin"
When Jesus said "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing", He meant that unless you recieve His words on a spiritual plane you can't accept them since your thinking is merely carnal...of the flesh. He meant that it takes faith to accept His teaching.
I can't believe you actually think Jesus' Flesh profits nothing.
And I can't believe you actually think that Jesus' Flesh was somehow at war with His Spirit.
Flesh is flesh. Jesus resisted His flesh to death. He said that if we would follow Him, we would 'deny self'(flesh). He did not struggle to 'save' His flesh.
KM
When Jesus said the flesh profits nothing He was not talking about HIS flesh.

When Jesus said "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing", He meant that unless you recieve His words on a spiritual plane you can't accept them since your thinking is merely carnal...of the flesh. He meant that it takes faith to accept His teaching.

It takes faith to believe He meant what He said and He said "take and eat, this is my body."

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#437491 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
How does assertion of this very clear doctrine constitute the "misleading" of anyone?
Also, please point out where I indicated that this doctrine constituted "the fullness of Jesus"? I don't recall having stated that.
You've yet to prove it to be clear.

You've only give your interpretation of the ritual.

Rituals are conducted by an individual by choice - Self.

Avoiding the facts is why you are argumentive.

By accepting these facts, your arguments become null.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#437492 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Jesus?
You offer your interpretation of a gnostic gospel and imply that if one doesn't accept your interpretation, they don't believe Jesus.
Correction to your assertive question.

I can become like Jesus - he said so.

I didn't ask you to believe me.

But that is irrelevant to me posting my beliefs that completely contradict what you believe.

Sounds to me that the HS is guiding me and not you.

Bummer for you.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#437493 May 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question - yet again.
Why do you want people to die?
BTW - if you will look at the world we live in, there are many changes that are occurring - many of whcih are focussed on a change to how we perceive and think things should be.
So - for this "consciousness change" - and to be more encompassing in the world, people are leaving these old beliefs and realizing that as information is uncovered, the old beliefs are not as true as the followers think.
Self.
"Why do you want people to die?"

i think a more appropriate question is; why would you accuse me of such a thing and seek to slander my reputation?

"thou shall not bear false witness"

to the rest of your new age mumbo-jumbo i have One Word:

JESUS

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#437494 May 3, 2013
[QUOTE who="New Age Spiritual Leader
I can become like Jesus - he said so.
[/QUOTE]

Even if Jesus existed, why would anyone want to follow the leader of a cult who told them that only through belief in him could they find salvation?

He would have been no better than any other scam artist theologian with a smooth line of foolishness.

Terrace, Canada

#437495 May 3, 2013
scarab wrote:
There is only One God.
The Sun God.
RA RA RA
Don't forget the moon god.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

"Sīn, moon god of Semitic origin, worshiped in ancient Middle Eastern religions. One of the principal deities in the Babylonian and Assyrian pantheons, he was lord of the calendar and of wisdom. The chief centers of his worship were at Harran and at Ur, where he was known as Nanna." ( encyclopedia.com , Sīn)

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-photos-moon-w ...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#437496 May 3, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, like Jesus said, "soon."
Some of the original Apostles must still be alive today too.
How silly!
Sorry Charlie, if the Bible was given to us by our creator, yet we the creation can't agree on what the heck it means (see this board), then something is amiss.
All of mankind's gods are imaginary, including yours.
"soon" means different things in different context. in the context of eternity, 2,000 plus years is VERY SOON!

"a thousand years is as a day and a day is as a thousand years with the Lord"

there are millions who agree on what the heck the crucial points of the Bible mean. all one needs is Jn 3:16 to have the premise.

as they say in the unbelieving culture - good luck!:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#437497 May 3, 2013
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#437498 May 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
333 090
<quoted text>
A. Cite your sources.

B. "Catholic" means universal. When Christ said "build His Church", it meant He wanted them to go out and preach to "all nations", to build it up to be the "universal Church". By the time of St. Ignatius's writing, the apostles had accomplished much of this "all nation preaching" and the term Catholic became the name of His Church.

B.(?) The Church at Rome is mentioned specifically by St. Paul. The Catholic Church is not a denomination.

"The first denomination (Catholic) was put together by the emperor some 300 to 400 years after Christ made His declaration...its foundation was paganism....not Peter!!!!!.."

Wrong. The first mention of the Catholic Church is by St. Ignatius writing in AD 110. He used the name in a manner which suggests it was already well known. The foundation of the Catholic Church is Jesus. He told St. Peter he was the rock on which He will build His Church and appointed him as it's earthly leader (see the bible). Sts. Peter and Paul founded the Church at Rome and were both martyred there. St. Paul says the faith of the Church at Rome is renowned throughout the whole world.

Per St. Ignatius;

"See that ye all follow the bishop, even as Christ Jesus does the Father, and the presbytery as ye would the apostles. Do ye also reverence the deacons, as those that carry out the appointment of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is [administered] either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude also be; by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church." Ignatius of Antioch, Epistle to the Smyrneans, 8:2 (c. A.D. 110).

Sounds like a Church that had been well established by the time he wrote this....

Terrace, Canada

#437499 May 3, 2013
God created mankind.
God gave mankind the Bible.
Yet this board is proof that the Bible spawns disagreement and even hatred., because it is so unclear.
Thus.........
God wants us to bicker and fight, just like here.
If ONLY there were a god ... the god might choose to settle the disputes.

Leave it up to human theologians and they fight forever over who is right. And of course the other person is always wrong.

:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#437500 May 3, 2013

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437501 May 3, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
You have wedding ceremonies in the pentecostal community no? Your preachers have certain requirements for the couples, i.e., he verifies they aren't married to someone else, they're sincere in their desire to wed, etc.?
Why do you believe a pentesoctal preacher can make certain determinations and the Catholic Church can't? And quit making assumptions as to someone's guilt before you know the real story. No one exonerated anyone, people are turned down in their anullment applications all the time.

Quit the crazy-making. You were the one who said that the CC decides WHETHER A PROTESTANT MARRIAGE/DIVORCE IS VALID.

KayMarie
marge

Ames, IA

#437502 May 3, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes faith to believe He meant what He said and He said "take and eat, this is my body."

finish the verse;

John 6:63

The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

It takes faith to believe the 'words' are spirit and life.

Terrace, Canada

#437503 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
All of mankind's gods are imaginary, including yours.
It's interesting how they WILL to see that the other gods are false, and only their own is real.

Yet if I suggest they are all false the fangs and claws of the "defenders of the FAITH" come out in full view.

Terrace, Canada

#437504 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Self.
Interpretation is perception.
Perception is Self.
I agree.

Interpretation of all words is a personal affair with the self, and nothing more.

Religion is a form of mental masturbation. It can be euphoric, or evil ... according to whatever the believer takes from the experience.

Terrace, Canada

#437505 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
A perfect example of how the movement from 'dismay' to 'astonishment' occurs.
Self.
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus
Know thy self as a Muslim knows his self, and you will learn to go beyond your own self-idolatry.
marge

Ames, IA

#437506 May 3, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
But you don't do it by faith your priest has to do something, why not just do it the way paul did?

23For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. On the night when he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread 24and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said,“This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.” 25In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying,“This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it.” 26For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death until he comes again.

Terrace, Canada

#437507 May 3, 2013
When future religions vilified the older religions, the holy sin-god was then vilified as evil, and the word sin took on evil connotation.

It's was and is the way of many people of world religions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Sīn: Moon god in 2100 BC

"Sin.—The moon-god occupied the chief place in the astral triad. Its other two members, Shamash the sun and Ishtar the planet Venus, were his children.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437508 May 3, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
finish the verse;
John 6:63
The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
It takes faith to believe the 'words' are spirit and life.
Yes it does.

John 6:64
But there are some of you who do not believe...no one can come to me unless it has been granted to him by the Father."

Faith is a gift (from the Spirit), not something we muster up inside ourselves (in the flesh).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... 8 hr John 4
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Mr Sir 8,699
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Sun Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Sun Doc Proper 12
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat kent 83,899
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
More from around the web