Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 544,972
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#437439 May 3, 2013
Closeted Atheist Pastors Converge in Secretive Online Community — and This New Program Will Help Them Escape Ministry

What started as an anonymous online community devoted to helping pastors looking to escape the pulpit has grown into something more large-scale in nature. The faith leaders who join have secretly turned away from their faith, but have few options for gainful employment.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/27/hu...

Terrace, Canada

#437440 May 3, 2013
For years Mother Teresa had no faith. She had to force herself against her will to believe in the existence of a god.

Had she openly admitted those beliefs to the public when alive ... what would have happened to her is any body's guess. But she kept her secret well, and never wanted it exposed even after her death.

Perception is often fooled as humans learn young to be professional actors with other actors leading the way.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437441 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said the passage didn't say that Danny. I'm here to help you understand it.
John 6:33 For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” 34 They said to him,“Sir, give us this bread always.”
35 Jesus said to them,“I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe.
**Clearly if we read, notice how partaking of bread Jesus is offering is equated to believing in him. Amazing how the catholic crowd can't see this.
I understand it just fine, thanks.

How is partaking of His flesh and blood somehow mutually exclusive from believing in Him?

It isn't.

If you believe in Him, I'd assume that you would take Him at His (oft-repeated) word that we are to partake in His body and blood for salvation. This isn't the case with protestants and I don't understand why that would be. It's "black letter scripture" and you all treat it as throwaway lines.

You construct an entire theology reliant upon one line in Timothy, and then turn around and disabuse the direct, repeated and emphatic words of Christ on this matter. Doesn't compute.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#437442 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what you said:
"The bread is Jesus' sacrifice for the sins of the world. "
Absent His Real Presence, what are you left with BUT bread?
Jesus is the bread of life. The bread represents His sacrifice. If we partake/believe in His sacrifice we will have eternal life.

How do you not understand this Danny?

Terrace, Canada

#437443 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said the passage didn't say that Danny. I'm here to help you understand it.
The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#437444 May 3, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
She just loves to gossip and make up things, but you will never see her or any protestant in here ever admit a lie they have told or apologize for proven garbage. It really shows what they are made of. She never mocked the Pope because she didnt have a clue what he said about Christmas and of course she is far more of an expert on history and the bible a fine scholar she is. Jethro was probably her instructor. YEE DOGGIE!
Wine bibber means having a sip of grape juice in hicksville, its just those Catholics gulping wine behind curtains because they think noboby can see them. She however is just here to share the truth. lol These people have no shame,truth, honesty, reason or logic whatsoever. Its a merry go round with them and their relative truths. I have only 2 Protestant that came here years ago that were intelligent and spoke with charity and without lies. The propoganda that is spread without any remorse whatsoever followed by denial is unprecedented. Each person with their own truth and none has more authority than the next, but they are one in an invisible body with no false teachers, because their doctrine makes it so. Sola Sad.
No doubt. I've decided that emotional responses to these clowns is pointless when they post their crapola. Since most of their attacks are aimed at Church teaching, maybe it's best just to calmly refute them with the actual teaching of the Church. They really have no defense when it's there in black and white. At best they can argue interpretation with us, but they do that with each other so it doesn't do them any good.

Are you ready for spring yet? 36 degrees and snow showers in the north suburbs...70's by Monday!

Terrace, Canada

#437445 May 3, 2013
The words in the bible mean to you whatever you desire they will mean.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437446 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the bread of life. The bread represents His sacrifice. If we partake/believe in His sacrifice we will have eternal life.
How do you partake in his sacrifice by communing with bread?

He told us to partake in Him, not to eat bread.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#437447 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You said bread was the sacrifice. You also have said that communion isn't His body and blood. Bread's all you're left with, isn't it?
Hardly sarcastic. Did I misunderstand your post?
Christ is the bread of life...correct? His body was sacrificed for the sins of the world ...correct?

If we partake/believe in Christ and His sacrifice, we may have eternal life.

Children's church stuff Danny.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437448 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that Jesus is the bread and the bread represents His sacrifice? Jesus represents His own sacrifice?
truth

Perth, Australia

#437449 May 3, 2013
if you say spirit..i hear now around 2-2.30 its night here..who cry..oh yee as purgatory as hell..are you sure you give right spirit..

in name of real God

Alive God +
Powerful God +
Mortal God +

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437450 May 3, 2013
who="Just sayin"
Are you saying that Jesus' Flesh profits nothing? Wasn't His Flesh sacrificed for us on the cross that we might be in heaven one day? Is our salvation "nothing"?

Can't you see it? Jesus said that 'the flesh profits nothing'. Then He proceeded to lay His flesh down; requiring His Spirit to overcome the flesh. He then arose in the victorious, eternal spiritual body.

He was displaying what God plans for all of us if we will deny our selves (flesh) and follow Him, walking in the spirit. He will raise us up in a glorious body like His own. The flesh is much like the cocoon from which a butterfly emerges...just another stage in His creation process.

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437451 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is the bread of life...correct? His body was sacrificed for the sins of the world ...correct?
If we partake/believe in Christ and His sacrifice, we may have eternal life.
Children's church stuff Danny.
Eating bread does not constitute partaking in Christ nor His sacrifice.

It's just eating bread, as Jesus wasn't made of bread.

Agreed that this is at a "children's church" level.

#437452 May 3, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" With so very many saviors having come to earth (one time each) and not coming again ... it almost should make people catch on that no saviors came the first time ... as all the theologians swore was true.

Out of all the supposed saviors that came and went and were expected to come again ... not one "re"appeared in the flesh.

"Touch me and see," He said to Thomas. "A spirit has not flesh and bones." Hundreds of people saw Him after the resurrection. Over 500 witnessed His ascension.

KayMarie

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#437453 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you are. And only other are evil scumbags fit for hell ... RIGHT???
Arrogance is your choice and dragging along in the stupidity of your theology goes your brain.
hey - it's your choice whether you want to identify yourself with the grace of God or with the evil scum that rejects it. i'm just trying to help make the choice more clear.

as i said from the beginning of our communication - i don't wanna bug you or argue with you and i'm damn sure not gonna waste my time on someone who wants to project their bigotry on me so i hope yo have a nice life!:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#437454 May 3, 2013
every time when you eat your meal
3x per day

breakfast +
lunch +
dinner +

pray bless your meal

30 days x 3=90 meal
12 mouths x 90=1080
10=j 8=h
john 1;8
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
http://bible.cc/john/1-8.htm

we as catholic confess our sin
my sin
my sin
my biggest sin
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#437455 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Wrong. The anullment process is open to a "divocred" protestant who wishes to marry a Catholic. As part of the process, the Church will make a determination as to whether the protestant's marriage was sacramental.
Making themselves 'god'. I wouldn't want THAT guilt hanging over my head.(Let NO MAN put asunder.) The divorcee is guilty and the CC exonerates them ???
KayMarie
You have wedding ceremonies in the pentecostal community no? Your preachers have certain requirements for the couples, i.e., he verifies they aren't married to someone else, they're sincere in their desire to wed, etc.?

Why do you believe a pentesoctal preacher can make certain determinations and the Catholic Church can't? And quit making assumptions as to someone's guilt before you know the real story. No one exonerated anyone, people are turned down in their anullment applications all the time.
truth

Perth, Australia

#437456 May 3, 2013
Did you eat rabbit=very nice cat?
you can recognize cat and puh- mouse
Is that sacrificial body turning into what?!
Did you eat mince of that roast of that or what?

How much truth is there?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#437457 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
Correct. The Church determines the validity of the protestant marriage. Which means Kay is wrong. Thanks.

#437458 May 3, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" I wonder how brain-cells are affected by those in religion.
I wonder if the highs of euphoric illusions also put the brain-cells into state of euphoria as occurs with the hypnotized believers?
However ... as many people in religion also commit suicide, it seems it can work either way, in that having faith in religion can also cause disappointment IN the religion itself to end in tragedy.

Your personal experience ???

KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Scales Off 8,320
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 6 hr inC - iglesia ni ... 12
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Mon Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88
Pope Faces Serious Islamic Threat on Albanian Trip Sep 24 VIVA EVROPA 1
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... Sep 21 Barbarian 4

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE