Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,279
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437448 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the bread of life. The bread represents His sacrifice. If we partake/believe in His sacrifice we will have eternal life.
How do you not understand this Danny?
So you are saying that Jesus is the bread and the bread represents His sacrifice? Jesus represents His own sacrifice?
truth

Perth, Australia

#437449 May 3, 2013
if you say spirit..i hear now around 2-2.30 its night here..who cry..oh yee as purgatory as hell..are you sure you give right spirit..

in name of real God

Alive God +
Powerful God +
Mortal God +

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437450 May 3, 2013
who="Just sayin"
Are you saying that Jesus' Flesh profits nothing? Wasn't His Flesh sacrificed for us on the cross that we might be in heaven one day? Is our salvation "nothing"?

Can't you see it? Jesus said that 'the flesh profits nothing'. Then He proceeded to lay His flesh down; requiring His Spirit to overcome the flesh. He then arose in the victorious, eternal spiritual body.

He was displaying what God plans for all of us if we will deny our selves (flesh) and follow Him, walking in the spirit. He will raise us up in a glorious body like His own. The flesh is much like the cocoon from which a butterfly emerges...just another stage in His creation process.

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437451 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is the bread of life...correct? His body was sacrificed for the sins of the world ...correct?
If we partake/believe in Christ and His sacrifice, we may have eternal life.
Children's church stuff Danny.
Eating bread does not constitute partaking in Christ nor His sacrifice.

It's just eating bread, as Jesus wasn't made of bread.

Agreed that this is at a "children's church" level.

#437452 May 3, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" With so very many saviors having come to earth (one time each) and not coming again ... it almost should make people catch on that no saviors came the first time ... as all the theologians swore was true.

Out of all the supposed saviors that came and went and were expected to come again ... not one "re"appeared in the flesh.

"Touch me and see," He said to Thomas. "A spirit has not flesh and bones." Hundreds of people saw Him after the resurrection. Over 500 witnessed His ascension.

KayMarie

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#437453 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you are. And only other are evil scumbags fit for hell ... RIGHT???
Arrogance is your choice and dragging along in the stupidity of your theology goes your brain.
hey - it's your choice whether you want to identify yourself with the grace of God or with the evil scum that rejects it. i'm just trying to help make the choice more clear.

as i said from the beginning of our communication - i don't wanna bug you or argue with you and i'm damn sure not gonna waste my time on someone who wants to project their bigotry on me so i hope yo have a nice life!:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#437454 May 3, 2013
every time when you eat your meal
3x per day

breakfast +
lunch +
dinner +

pray bless your meal

30 days x 3=90 meal
12 mouths x 90=1080
10=j 8=h
john 1;8
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
http://bible.cc/john/1-8.htm

we as catholic confess our sin
my sin
my sin
my biggest sin
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#437455 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Wrong. The anullment process is open to a "divocred" protestant who wishes to marry a Catholic. As part of the process, the Church will make a determination as to whether the protestant's marriage was sacramental.
Making themselves 'god'. I wouldn't want THAT guilt hanging over my head.(Let NO MAN put asunder.) The divorcee is guilty and the CC exonerates them ???
KayMarie
You have wedding ceremonies in the pentecostal community no? Your preachers have certain requirements for the couples, i.e., he verifies they aren't married to someone else, they're sincere in their desire to wed, etc.?

Why do you believe a pentesoctal preacher can make certain determinations and the Catholic Church can't? And quit making assumptions as to someone's guilt before you know the real story. No one exonerated anyone, people are turned down in their anullment applications all the time.
truth

Perth, Australia

#437456 May 3, 2013
Did you eat rabbit=very nice cat?
you can recognize cat and puh- mouse
Is that sacrificial body turning into what?!
Did you eat mince of that roast of that or what?

How much truth is there?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#437457 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
Correct. The Church determines the validity of the protestant marriage. Which means Kay is wrong. Thanks.

#437458 May 3, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" I wonder how brain-cells are affected by those in religion.
I wonder if the highs of euphoric illusions also put the brain-cells into state of euphoria as occurs with the hypnotized believers?
However ... as many people in religion also commit suicide, it seems it can work either way, in that having faith in religion can also cause disappointment IN the religion itself to end in tragedy.

Your personal experience ???

KM

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#437459 May 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Self - why do you reject it?
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-why do you interject it?
Because one cannot do anything without it.

But since you didn't answer my question, would you like to try again, or do you think diverting from it, will make it go away?

It won't.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437460 May 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. The Church determines the validity of the protestant marriage. Which means Kay is wrong. Thanks.
Put a mark on the wall, I guess. Kay was wrong?

Caramba.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437462 May 3, 2013
Self - why do you reject it?
<quoted text>
Because one cannot do anything without it.
But since you didn't answer my question, would you like to try again, or do you think diverting from it, will make it go away?
It won't.
It will, because I won't answer it.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#437463 May 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
new age philosophy holds that the earth will experience a cleansing of negativity and of all things contrary to a coming euphoria. the Bible pretty much teaches the same thing, only the negative and contrary groups are reversed!
word to the wise - get on the side of the One who was able to flood & win, not on the side of those who were flooded and lost!
"as it was in the days of Noah so shall it be in the end" Jesus
You didn't answer the question - yet again.

Why do you want people to die?

BTW - if you will look at the world we live in, there are many changes that are occurring - many of whcih are focussed on a change to how we perceive and think things should be.

So - for this "consciousness change" - and to be more encompassing in the world, people are leaving these old beliefs and realizing that as information is uncovered, the old beliefs are not as true as the followers think.

Self.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437464 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just sayin"
Are you saying that Jesus' Flesh profits nothing? Wasn't His Flesh sacrificed for us on the cross that we might be in heaven one day? Is our salvation "nothing"?
Can't you see it? Jesus said that 'the flesh profits nothing'. Then He proceeded to lay His flesh down; requiring His Spirit to overcome the flesh. He then arose in the victorious, eternal spiritual body.
He was displaying what God plans for all of us if we will deny our selves (flesh) and follow Him, walking in the spirit. He will raise us up in a glorious body like His own. The flesh is much like the cocoon from which a butterfly emerges...just another stage in His creation process.
KayMarie
When Jesus said "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing", He meant that unless you recieve His words on a spiritual plane you can't accept them since your thinking is merely carnal...of the flesh. He meant that it takes faith to accept His teaching.

I can't believe you actually think Jesus' Flesh profits nothing.
And I can't believe you actually think that Jesus' Flesh was somehow at war with His Spirit.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#437465 May 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I miss something?

#437466 May 3, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
You have wedding ceremonies in the pentecostal community no? Your preachers have certain requirements for the couples, i.e., he verifies they aren't married to someone else, they're sincere in their desire to wed, etc.?
Why do you believe a pentesoctal preacher can make certain determinations and the Catholic Church can't? And quit making assumptions as to someone's guilt before you know the real story. No one exonerated anyone, people are turned down in their anullment applications all the time.

The Pentecostal preacher does not consider a Catholic marriage to be invalid.

KM

Albuquerque, NM

#437467 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
Christ emphasized that it was indeed His body. He says it all over Scripture.
What else that Christ promised us do you find "unreasonable", Marge?

New Age wrote:
The twists of Catholicism.

What do you mean by reasonable.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Within reason.
I didn't mention "reasonable", so not sure why you asked me.
I'm sorry - my typo error - I missed the "un".

So I'll reask - "what do you mean by "unreasonable"? As how you posed the question:

What else that Christ promised us do you find "unreasonable"?

- first off, you'll have to post what you find to be "reasonable" and why - of the things that Jesus promised.

I make this statement, because he basically promised this:

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God", but yet you don't accept this very reasonable command.

You really aren't very clear in what you are trying to ask, or you are, but hoping others won't understand that you are actually avoiding or deliberately not posting all the details you have used to form your question.

You are starting to sound spurious.

Albuquerque, NM

#437468 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Such idiocy.
Who believes that it's anyone BUT God who makes these things possible?
Marge doesn't think it's possible for the bread and wine to be His flesh and blood. She said it's "unreasonable". Chuck likewise. He thinks Christ wasn't capable of clarity in His speech, so he wants to tell us what Christ REALLY meant when He said it was His body 6-8 times.
Maybe you should just move past the 'literal' words and attempt to understand their meanings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Gee-Tee 8,692
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 6 hr Cat74 11
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 8 hr kent 83,896
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Thu Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web