Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 583,184
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#437459 May 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Self - why do you reject it?
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-why do you interject it?
Because one cannot do anything without it.

But since you didn't answer my question, would you like to try again, or do you think diverting from it, will make it go away?

It won't.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437460 May 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. The Church determines the validity of the protestant marriage. Which means Kay is wrong. Thanks.
Put a mark on the wall, I guess. Kay was wrong?

Caramba.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437462 May 3, 2013
Self - why do you reject it?
<quoted text>
Because one cannot do anything without it.
But since you didn't answer my question, would you like to try again, or do you think diverting from it, will make it go away?
It won't.
It will, because I won't answer it.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#437463 May 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
new age philosophy holds that the earth will experience a cleansing of negativity and of all things contrary to a coming euphoria. the Bible pretty much teaches the same thing, only the negative and contrary groups are reversed!
word to the wise - get on the side of the One who was able to flood & win, not on the side of those who were flooded and lost!
"as it was in the days of Noah so shall it be in the end" Jesus
You didn't answer the question - yet again.

Why do you want people to die?

BTW - if you will look at the world we live in, there are many changes that are occurring - many of whcih are focussed on a change to how we perceive and think things should be.

So - for this "consciousness change" - and to be more encompassing in the world, people are leaving these old beliefs and realizing that as information is uncovered, the old beliefs are not as true as the followers think.

Self.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437464 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just sayin"
Are you saying that Jesus' Flesh profits nothing? Wasn't His Flesh sacrificed for us on the cross that we might be in heaven one day? Is our salvation "nothing"?
Can't you see it? Jesus said that 'the flesh profits nothing'. Then He proceeded to lay His flesh down; requiring His Spirit to overcome the flesh. He then arose in the victorious, eternal spiritual body.
He was displaying what God plans for all of us if we will deny our selves (flesh) and follow Him, walking in the spirit. He will raise us up in a glorious body like His own. The flesh is much like the cocoon from which a butterfly emerges...just another stage in His creation process.
KayMarie
When Jesus said "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing", He meant that unless you recieve His words on a spiritual plane you can't accept them since your thinking is merely carnal...of the flesh. He meant that it takes faith to accept His teaching.

I can't believe you actually think Jesus' Flesh profits nothing.
And I can't believe you actually think that Jesus' Flesh was somehow at war with His Spirit.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#437465 May 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. The Church determines the validity of the protestant marriage. Which means Kay is wrong. Thanks.
Did I miss something?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437466 May 3, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
You have wedding ceremonies in the pentecostal community no? Your preachers have certain requirements for the couples, i.e., he verifies they aren't married to someone else, they're sincere in their desire to wed, etc.?
Why do you believe a pentesoctal preacher can make certain determinations and the Catholic Church can't? And quit making assumptions as to someone's guilt before you know the real story. No one exonerated anyone, people are turned down in their anullment applications all the time.

The Pentecostal preacher does not consider a Catholic marriage to be invalid.

KM

Albuquerque, NM

#437467 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
Christ emphasized that it was indeed His body. He says it all over Scripture.
What else that Christ promised us do you find "unreasonable", Marge?

New Age wrote:
The twists of Catholicism.

What do you mean by reasonable.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Within reason.
I didn't mention "reasonable", so not sure why you asked me.
I'm sorry - my typo error - I missed the "un".

So I'll reask - "what do you mean by "unreasonable"? As how you posed the question:

What else that Christ promised us do you find "unreasonable"?

- first off, you'll have to post what you find to be "reasonable" and why - of the things that Jesus promised.

I make this statement, because he basically promised this:

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God", but yet you don't accept this very reasonable command.

You really aren't very clear in what you are trying to ask, or you are, but hoping others won't understand that you are actually avoiding or deliberately not posting all the details you have used to form your question.

You are starting to sound spurious.

Albuquerque, NM

#437468 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Such idiocy.
Who believes that it's anyone BUT God who makes these things possible?
Marge doesn't think it's possible for the bread and wine to be His flesh and blood. She said it's "unreasonable". Chuck likewise. He thinks Christ wasn't capable of clarity in His speech, so he wants to tell us what Christ REALLY meant when He said it was His body 6-8 times.
Maybe you should just move past the 'literal' words and attempt to understand their meanings.

Albuquerque, NM

#437469 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Closeted Atheist Pastors Converge in Secretive Online Community and This New Program Will Help Them Escape Ministry
What started as an anonymous online community devoted to helping pastors looking to escape the pulpit has grown into something more large-scale in nature. The faith leaders who join have secretly turned away from their faith, but have few options for gainful employment.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/27/hu...
A perfect example of how the movement from 'dismay' to 'astonishment' occurs.

Self.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437470 May 3, 2013
[who="Just sayin"
When Jesus said "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing", He meant that unless you recieve His words on a spiritual plane you can't accept them since your thinking is merely carnal...of the flesh. He meant that it takes faith to accept His teaching.
I can't believe you actually think Jesus' Flesh profits nothing.
And I can't believe you actually think that Jesus' Flesh was somehow at war with His Spirit.

Flesh is flesh. Jesus resisted His flesh to death. He said that if we would follow Him, we would 'deny self'(flesh). He did not struggle to 'save' His flesh.

KM

Albuquerque, NM

#437471 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it just fine, thanks.
How is partaking of His flesh and blood somehow mutually exclusive from believing in Him?
It isn't.
If you believe in Him, I'd assume that you would take Him at His (oft-repeated) word that we are to partake in His body and blood for salvation. This isn't the case with protestants and I don't understand why that would be. It's "black letter scripture" and you all treat it as throwaway lines.
You construct an entire theology reliant upon one line in Timothy, and then turn around and disabuse the direct, repeated and emphatic words of Christ on this matter. Doesn't compute.
"How is partaking of His flesh and blood somehow mutually exclusive from believing in Him?

It isn't."

- How is accepting only part of his teachings, still considered as "the fullness of Jesus"?

It doesn't.

Please don't mislead others with a false doctrine.

Albuquerque, NM

#437472 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the bread of life. The bread represents His sacrifice. If we partake/believe in His sacrifice we will have eternal life.
How do you not understand this Danny?
Do you think Jesus' time on the cross - was "murder", an "assisted suicide" or some other act?

One needs to realize what specific action is taking place because of this occurrence. If one does not represent it correctly, then one goes on believing in somethign that may not have really happened in the way they learned.

If one is to use the Gospel of Judas as an "inside process" to what actually happened - it actually appears the following occurred:

a. Jesus chooses his followers
b. Judas volunteers to do Jesus bidding
c. Jesus acknowledges Judas as "greatest of them all"
d. Judas completes his Master's bidding
e. Jesus is sent to the cross to die

"Assisted suicide" seems to fit this with the most plausibility.

But if we take the allegoric meaning of his "resurrection and the 40 days afterwards, Jesus shows the world that when he died, our Spirit still lived and if we as humans continue to love each other without hate, we too can achieve what he tried to show us.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#437473 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The words in the bible mean to you whatever you desire they will mean.
Self.

Interpretation is perception.

Perception is Self.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437474 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
Christ emphasized that it was indeed His body. He says it all over Scripture.
What else that Christ promised us do you find "unreasonable", Marge?
New Age wrote:
The twists of Catholicism.
What do you mean by reasonable.
<quoted text>
I'm sorry - my typo error - I missed the "un".
So I'll reask - "what do you mean by "unreasonable"? As how you posed the question:
What else that Christ promised us do you find "unreasonable"?
- first off, you'll have to post what you find to be "reasonable" and why - of the things that Jesus promised.
I make this statement, because he basically promised this:
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God", but yet you don't accept this very reasonable command.
You really aren't very clear in what you are trying to ask, or you are, but hoping others won't understand that you are actually avoiding or deliberately not posting all the details you have used to form your question.
You are starting to sound spurious.
And you are sounding pedantic.

"Basically", I believe it's your burden to establish that Christ in fact promised or offered "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" as a prime directive or command. I would ask you to establish this premise first prior to demanding my response to your questions about it.

As to what I would find "reasonable" in context of my discourse with Marge, I'm sure that Marge finds it within reason that Christ can save her from her and the rest of mankind from sin, could change water into wine, could raise Lazarus from the dead, Himself be resurrected from the dead, is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent etc.

Given all this, she now proclaims (sans rationale) that it's "unreasonable" for Christians to believe that He can be fully present in the Eucharist, despite His repeated promise that He would be and His repeated instructions for us to partake in Him in that manner for our salvation.
truth

Perth, Australia

#437475 May 3, 2013
Your answer is about what?
cleaners moping sweeping=where they fly?..oh my God
gluho doba=night deep night=where bringing them..jaooo they crying more then purgatory=hell..
do you realize that i hear voice of them..

Do you realize prayers of Mercy?
Why is comic or humor that for you?
please explain..

its took me for my hand in this city where nothing exist..Mercy my God..i trust in you!

Where ever they go pray for happy return?

Albuquerque, NM

#437476 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just sayin"
Are you saying that Jesus' Flesh profits nothing? Wasn't His Flesh sacrificed for us on the cross that we might be in heaven one day? Is our salvation "nothing"?
Can't you see it? Jesus said that 'the flesh profits nothing'. Then He proceeded to lay His flesh down; requiring His Spirit to overcome the flesh. He then arose in the victorious, eternal spiritual body.
He was displaying what God plans for all of us if we will deny our selves (flesh) and follow Him, walking in the spirit. He will raise us up in a glorious body like His own. The flesh is much like the cocoon from which a butterfly emerges...just another stage in His creation process.
KayMarie
After all the posts you have made - I get to agree with you on this one.

:o)

You've just explained the Self.

Why do you not believe Jesus when he tells us to know it, even when you plainly know that is what he is talking about?

A: Because you've chosen [Self] to accept what men have given you.

Men don't have the answers - but your Self does.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#437477 May 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes it is - and may those who are attracted to Goodness and Eternal Life be attracted to God and may those who are attracted to the temporal lusts of the flesh and mind be attracted to those things and lets get this whole thing moving swiftly to it's expected end!
COME QUICKLY LORD JESUS!!!
Yes, like Jesus said, "soon."

Some of the original Apostles must still be alive today too.

How silly!

Sorry Charlie, if the Bible was given to us by our creator, yet we the creation can't agree on what the heck it means (see this board), then something is amiss.

All of mankind's gods are imaginary, including yours.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437478 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
"How is partaking of His flesh and blood somehow mutually exclusive from believing in Him?
It isn't."
- How is accepting only part of his teachings, still considered as "the fullness of Jesus"?
It doesn't.
Please don't mislead others with a false doctrine.
How does assertion of this very clear doctrine constitute the "misleading" of anyone?

Also, please point out where I indicated that this doctrine constituted "the fullness of Jesus"? I don't recall having stated that.

Albuquerque, NM

#437479 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
Christ is the bread of life...correct? His body was sacrificed for the sins of the world ...correct?
If we partake/believe in Christ and His sacrifice, we may have eternal life.
Children's church stuff Danny.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Eating bread does not constitute partaking in Christ nor His sacrifice.
It's just eating bread, as Jesus wasn't made of bread.
Agreed that this is at a "children's church" level.
And neither does a wafer that is blessed by a man.

Your belief is just as invalid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr barry 84,043
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Cultastic 9,179
News A most reluctant crusader 6 hr Polaris 11
News Armenian Genocide: Turkey To Convert Hagia Sofi... 15 hr SpaceBlues 6
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... Sat Erkek Turk 19
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... Apr 18 Chuck 22
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Apr 16 ELIAS IBARRA 51
More from around the web