Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
421,641 - 421,660 of 538,907 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
chuck

Dublin, OH

#437408 May 3, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that Jesus' Flesh profits nothing? Wasn't His Flesh sacrificed for us on the cross that we might be in heaven one day? Is our salvation "nothing"?
"The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life".

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#437409 May 3, 2013
With so very many saviors having come to earth (one time each) and not coming again ... it almost should make people catch on that no saviors came the first time ... as all the theologians swore was true.

Mohammad was a disgruntled combination of Judaism and Christianity when he started Islam with his own morphed dogmas.

Today, he is perceived as the divine leader of the Muslim religion ... holy in every sense of the word.

His spirit will live on in the minds of those who nurture that image in their imaginations, but I doubt that his supposed soul is in any paradise in a hereafter.

Such is the fantasy of religion, that plays and plays and plays, to never play itself out in the open where it can be inspected for authenticity.

Out of all the supposed saviors that came and went and were expected to come again ... not one "re"appeared in the flesh.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437410 May 3, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
I did ... and that's why I admitted to myself that my own theology was as full of hot air as are the theologies of all others in religion.
I had to humble myself into admitting that I didn't have answers to mysteries, but rather that I just had opinions.

That's a start. He allows us our opinions. But He will eventually reveal His Truth to us.

He still allows us our 'opinions'. We can accept or reject His Truth.

KayMarie

Terrace, Canada

#437411 May 3, 2013
If a savior came, would he come in the same "physical" body as the first time?

If this latest savior on the block "Jesus" came in other than how his picture was painted by artists, how would the followers know him?

And where on earth would this savior choose to land his body so as not to cause a revolution of jealousy among devout believers who are certain he should be among THEM and ONLY them?

Crazy people and their crazy dogmas!
marge

Ames, IA

#437412 May 3, 2013
This is my body. Not literally, as the Catholics and Luther contend, but represents my body. We interpret it as we do his other sayings: The seed is the word (Lu 8:11); The field is the world (Mt 13:38); The harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels (Mt 13:39); I am the door (Joh 10:9); I am the vine (Joh 15:5). So, too, at this very feast, the Jews was wont to say of the paschal lamb, This 'is' the body of the lamb which our fathers ate in Egypt. Not the same, but this is meant to represent and commemorate that. He could not have meant that the bread was his real body, because his body was present at the table breaking the loaf, and he was speaking and acting in person among them. The doctrine of the Real Presence is every way unreasonable.

Terrace, Canada

#437413 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"
I did ... and that's why I admitted to myself that my own theology was as full of hot air as are the theologies of all others in religion.
I had to humble myself into admitting that I didn't have answers to mysteries, but rather that I just had opinions.
That's a start. He allows us our opinions. But He will eventually reveal His Truth to us.
He still allows us our 'opinions'. We can accept or reject His Truth.
KayMarie
Blah, blah, blah.

I've read your sanctimonious blather before. When you point your finger back at your self as an evil, wicked offender of a god ... then I might believe your playing field is somewhat on the level.

Terrace, Canada

#437414 May 3, 2013
The bible makes people go totally off kilter.

The lust-filled readers and studiers of scriptures steal all the good stuff for their selves, and leave all the wicked stuff for others.

They are super generous THAT way! sarcasm intended

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#437415 May 3, 2013
who="chuck"
He fulfilled His promise at the cross when He said it is finished.
Amazing the catholic crowd ignore/don't get verse 63 of what Jesus said, "63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Powerful! "The flesh profits nothing". "The words that I speak to you...they are life".
KayMarie
Yes - Jesus taught much about the "Spirit" in and outside of the Bible.

Why do you only accept those texts of his within the Bible?

Is it because you don't the Jesus outside of the Bible?

C'mon - where is your honesty today? Same place as it has been for decades?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437416 May 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So "Dave" is a new "prophet"?
Why do you believe "Dave" over Jesus and what he taught?
"Dave" wasn't the one I was hewing to, rather simply providing citations you requested of me RE: historical Christian belief and practice concerning the Eucharist.

You knew that. You just wanted to say "why don't you believe Jesus" one more time.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437417 May 3, 2013
marge wrote:
This is my body. Not literally, as the Catholics and Luther contend, but represents my body. We interpret it as we do his other sayings: The seed is the word (Lu 8:11); The field is the world (Mt 13:38); The harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels (Mt 13:39); I am the door (Joh 10:9); I am the vine (Joh 15:5). So, too, at this very feast, the Jews was wont to say of the paschal lamb, This 'is' the body of the lamb which our fathers ate in Egypt. Not the same, but this is meant to represent and commemorate that. He could not have meant that the bread was his real body, because his body was present at the table breaking the loaf, and he was speaking and acting in person among them. The doctrine of the Real Presence is every way unreasonable.
Christ emphasized that it was indeed His body. He says it all over Scripture.

What else that Christ promised us do you find "unreasonable", Marge?

Albuquerque, NM

#437418 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Dave" wasn't the one I was hewing to, rather simply providing citations you requested of me RE: historical Christian belief and practice concerning the Eucharist.
You knew that. You just wanted to say "why don't you believe Jesus" one more time.
No.

I asked for "Citations" - plural. You provided one - from some guy name "Dave" - which I presume that you agree and accept his theology.

So, why is it that you don't believe Jesus? There must be a reason.

You can be honest with me.

Albuquerque, NM

#437419 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ emphasized that it was indeed His body. He says it all over Scripture.
What else that Christ promised us do you find "unreasonable", Marge?
The twists of Catholicism.

What do you mean by reasonable.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#437420 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... you DO consider your self as a master of theological influence ... DON'T you ... prideful one?
not at all! i'm just a recipient of the grace of God through Jesus Christ and one who's trying to help others understand that they are too.

can't criticize a fellow human for this, can you?;)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437421 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
He fulfilled His promise at the cross when He said it is finished.
Amazing the catholic crowd ignore/don't get verse 63 of what Jesus said, "63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Telling that you don't even deny my post, instead preferring to attempt to tell me that verse 63 somehow negates all that precedes it.

Twist, turn, twist....all in an attempt to convince us that Christ didn't actually mean what He said at least half a dozen times.

This from the "bible only" crowd. Wow.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437422 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
And......
The bread is Jesus' sacrifice for the sins of the world. Unless a person "partakes" through faith in Jesus' death, he cannot have eternal life.
Just because the catholic folks think they were the first, doesn't mean they got it right.
Jesus sacrificed bread for the sins of the world?

I think the Catholic take on this stands up better than that one, chuck.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437423 May 3, 2013
who="Dan"
He said that once. Clearly allegorical.
He said it was His body many times and did not clarify to the contrary even when confronted with dissent.
All of Christendom knew what He meant until the Reformation.
Amazing, really, that the "bible alone" crowd works so fervently to deny Christ's clear words and limit what He can and cannot do to fulfill His promise to us.
Clear words: Jesus declared that when one ate food, it was carried out in the draught (eliminated). You think you are saved by 'eating' food.
The communion is a process of "communion of the saints", as they share the gospel and the memorial Passover with each other.
KayMarie
Um, no-Communion is a communion with Christ, not the seat-filler in the pew next to you or with bread.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437424 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Self - why do you reject it?
Self-why do you interject it?
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437425 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life".
Are you saying that Jesus' Flesh profits nothing? Wasn't His Flesh sacrificed for us on the cross that we might be in heaven one day? Is our salvation "nothing"?

The words Jesus spoke also include those recorded in John 6:27-62.

Are you saying that after Jesus repeatedly commanded that we are to eat of His Flesh and drink His Blood, he then did a 180 and essentially said "never mind what I was saying before, I didn't really mean all that."

Doesn't believing in Jesus mean to believe He said what He meant and meant what He said?
Or do we get to "correct" Him by deciding for Him what He *meant* to say?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437426 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
No.
I asked for "Citations" - plural. You provided one - from some guy name "Dave" - which I presume that you agree and accept his theology.
So, why is it that you don't believe Jesus? There must be a reason.
You can be honest with me.
The link cites and excerpts 8 scholarly works by protestants RE: historical belief and practice concerning the Eucharist.

8 is plural. Even Jesus thinks 8 is plural.

Terrace, Canada

#437427 May 3, 2013
Because the bible teaches that there is a heaven and a hell, there can be no level playing field ... no middle place ... no balance in the making.

The self-perceived ones grab heaven for their state of being in the afterlife ... AMEN ... period ... end of story!

Such is their insatiable LUST to be perceived as worthy, holy vessels of salvation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••