Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646691 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#437663 May 4, 2013
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" Hello Friends.
I will be posting, but I make it clear that I will neither read nor respond to any Catholic Posts here. Since none has the courage to act as an individual but all herd together like dogs when one attacks, I believe I am justified in linking them all together. They lie, twist what is said, insult, verbally abuse. change history, and demean others with arrogance. No dialogue with them is ever fruitful. I do not cast aspersions on Catholicism but do on these Catholics here for their behavior. They bring shame on their Church.

Welcome back. Good to see you and Sere.
KM

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#437664 May 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark" Harry Truman was a Christian who was President of the United States.
When he ordered the bombs to be dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, to save the lives of his own American troops that ended the war, he at least didn't state that a god had ordained his decision. He took it upon his own self as being responsible.
From my perspective, he was doing what a President was hired to do, which was protecting his own people from further attack by the Japanese, who were intent on violence against the United States.
Of course it's not moral to kill ... but I'm sure the American people of that era were relieved rather than appalled.
Let's get real and stop being silly over religious nonsense about "morality."
So-called morality comes and goes with each new situation put before us.
Harry Truman did his job...as did the O.T. characters...to save the innocents.
Our culture is in deep trouble today...ready to clear Gosnell for murdering helpless innocents...or ignore him so that they can continue the practice of abortion. A court recently spoke defensively of a man who raped and killed a six month old girl. They said that, while he meant to rape her, he didn't intend to kill her.(Poor fellow! Don't you pity him?)
The outrages keep getting worse because we are 'too good' to exercise capital punishment, which instills the fear of God and fear of justice in those who would do such things.
Why should those characters meet less 'judgment' than they gave to those helpless ones? Several hundred babies are disposed of each day in America because they are 'unwanted'...useless in the eyes of their mothers.
Why should our nation fall further into a moral cesspool?
But people like you choose to blame the Bible...
KayMarie
Harry Truman saved the lives of the American soldiers and others. That was his responsibility as a President.

Your image of a god is supposed to be holy ... not wanting us to stone each other to death.

If you don't take your self out of your bible, you will never see the light of day.

Prince George, Canada

#437665 May 4, 2013
Dark of Day

They wander in the dark of day
Praying gods will clear the way
Day turns to night and in their fright
Some beg the gods to give them light
Imaginations thrive on highs
Preaching sentiments of lies
Proud they are of their success
Steering gods at their requests
Time goes by and still they play
Religious games that cause dismay
They teach the children how to fight
Defending cults with all their might
They see the future bright and clear
Life hereafter ... have no fear
Promises abound galore
Play their games and you will score
Death will not defeat their plans
Bliss MUST serve their lusty scams

June VanDerMark
November 24, 2012

#437666 May 4, 2013
who="marge"
"So then, when you come together, it is not the Lord’s Supper you eat, 21for when you are eating, some of you go ahead with your own private suppers. As a result, one person remains hungry and another gets drunk. 22Don’t you have homes to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God by humiliating those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you? Certainly not in this matter!"
I didn't see KM getting drunk or humiliating those who have nothing, the reasons listed for people to get sick or die
when taking communion.

Thank you, Marge...and you are very right. As Christians, we are to 'discern the brothers/sisters in Christ', and treat them as such.

My discussion on this forum is for the purpose of sharing that we are to put God first.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#437667 May 4, 2013
Welcome back. Good to see you and Sere.
KM
Would you have welcomed Hermeneutics Smutics back if said poster had claimed to vow to never read anything that favored "Protestants?"

My guess is ... NOT ... with ALL capital letters.

#437668 May 4, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" Preachers of many religions are right up front about the idea that a god or gods love them and will in the end of times reject others.
They aren't even ashamed of such blatant arrogance.
They just keep on preaching without so much as a new thought being allowed to enter.

So sorry for you. God loves everyone, and invites them to come to Himself and receive eternal life.

If you don't want to accept His invitation, just do what you want, but don't accuse Him of rejecting you.

KayMarie

#437669 May 4, 2013
who="Clay"
What happened to the Apostles and where are their remains today?
Peter - crucified upside down -- buried at Saint Peters Basilica Catholic Church, Rome
James the Greater - stabbed in 44 AD - buried Saint James Catholic Church in Compostela, Spain
Thaddeus (Jude)- executed by firing squad (arrows)- buried in Rome at Saint Peter's Basilica.
Phillip - Crucified - buried at the (Catholic) Church of the Dadici, Rome
Thomas - stabbed with a spear - buried at Cathedral of Saint Thomas Catholic Church, Mylapore, India
Mathew - Crucified in Judea - buried at Saint Mathews Cathedral, Catholic Church in Messina, Sicily
James the Less, first Bishop of Jerusalem 50AD- stoned to death 65 AD - buried at Holy Apostles Catholic Basilica, Rome
John - died a natural death - buried at Basilica of Saint John, Ephesus, Turkey
Paul - Beheaded in Rome - buried at Saint Paul's Catholic Church in Rome.
Simon - stabbed with a sword - buried at the Alter of the Crucifixion, Vatican.
Bartholomew - Crucified - buried at Saint Bartholomew Catholic Church in Rome.
Andrew - Crucified on X shaped cross - buried at Cathedral of Amalfi Catholic Church, Italy
Matthias - Crucified in Judea - buried at Abbey of Saint Matthias, Trier, Germany
Judas - suicide - remains unknown

What does this have to do with that post?
KM

Prince George, Canada

#437670 May 4, 2013
How can each religion be proud of saints and martyrs ... when they all vilify each other's saints and martyrs as false.

It's as though people are working their way up a ladder to nowhere.

Prince George, Canada

#437671 May 4, 2013
My discussion on this forum is for the purpose of sharing that we are to put God first.
KayMarie
Then may I suggest you put the Catholic-Christians first, and your less than holy self second?

Silly people!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437672 May 4, 2013
who="Dan"
Really.
"53 Jesus said to them,“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. YOUR ANCESTORS ATE MANNA AND DIED, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”
Christ seemed VERY emphatic on the matter, did He not?
Read it again: YOUR ANCESTORS ATE MANNA AND DIED. Catholics have been 'eating' the Eucharist for centuries, and not one of them lived past his time.
Jesus said that, "WHOEVER EATS THIS BREAD WILL LIVE FOREVER". He also said that HE is the 'living' bread, which, if one 'eats'(absorbs, obeys), he/she shall live FOREVER.
KayMarie
You all don't believe that you partake in Christ at the Eucharist.

Did you just consign yourself to the nether regions here, Kay?

#437673 May 4, 2013
who="Clay"
Nonsense Herm. We do a remarkable job of defending our faith against false accusations. 90% of the time its respectful too.
If we Catholics leave, Old G, Confrint and the crew will surround you and tear you apart, because you would be the closest thing to the Catholic Church .. Then when they are done with you, they'll turn on each other, starting with the weakest first.

Accuser of the brethren? He thought that you were his friend, until you turned on him. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't want to 'tear anyone apart'(not even you). I would like to discuss some teachings/practices that are detrimental to Christianity.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#437674 May 4, 2013
So sorry for you.
You are so sorry for me that you salivate at the thought of me burning in hell.

Your attitude is ... "That will FIX you for not obeying my sermons of wisdom. SO THERE ... TAKE THAT AND THAT AND THAT from MY god."
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#437675 May 4, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
There is tremendous confusion concerning the early "lists" of the bishops of Rome. As simple as it may sound, the reason is easily discovered: no one really cared for the first century of the history of the church at Rome. All the lists come from at the earliest many decades later, and show a concern that did not arise until the Church as a whole began struggling with heresy and began formulating concepts of authority to use against heretics. But in those first decades, even into the middle of the second century, no one was particularly concerned about who the bishop of Rome was. Why? Because no one had the concepts that Rome now presents as "ancient." No one thought the bishop of any one church was above any other, or that the bishop of Rome was somehow invested with any particular authority.
In the late 2nd or early 3rd cent. the tradition identified Peter as the first bishop of Rome. This was a natural development once the monarchical episcopate, i.e., government of the local church by a single bishop as distinct from a group of presbyter-bishops, finally emerged in Rome in the mid-2nd cent.(p. 6).
When speaking of Linus, Anacletus, Clement, Evaristus, Alexander, Telesphorus, and Hyginus (to A.D. 142), there was no monarchical episcopate in Rome at this time! Only with Hyginus the monarchical episcopate is beginning to emerge, and does so with Pius 1, 142-155 A.D.
What does this mean? Well, it's pretty hard for there to be an exercise of "papal authority" when there is no papacy! The primitive form of church government found in Rome is the biblical one: a plurality of elders.
- "I would far rather hear of a rival to my throne than another Bishop of Rome"
Emperor Decius upon executing Pope Fabian in 250 AD

- Any group on this Earth (political, academic, athletic, or Religious) needs one leader: one final decision maker.
You have it in your Orthodox Church too Herm.
Every single Protestant sect has one too. In fact, most assume more authority than any Pope we've had!

- Nobody can read the Book of Acts and not acknowledge that Peter stood above the other Apostles in a leadership role. His authority was evident. Tradition shows what the early Church considered the Bishop of Rome to be, a leader. If you don't have one leader, you have Anarchy. And that's exactly what Protestanism is: Anarchy pretending that the Holy Spirit is guiding them to scriptural truths!
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#437676 May 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course people will kill each other. If I found it necessary I no doubt would kill other humans ... but I wouldn't lead them astray by claiming that the war I was trying to instigate was supported by a god.
Killing is to be expected, as humans are animals as are all other animals ... but using religion as a ploy to motivate people to kill, when teaching people that religion is the highest truth for which to attain, confuses people. That suggests that the god who tells truth WANTS humans to kill each other.
Such ridiculous teaching drove many people to insanity and suicide.
I suggest that the theologians didn't want to admit the real reasons for war was of their own greed in the quest to steal land and property and women and whatever else they desired.
"HOLY WAR???" ... what an ignorant term!!!
June VanDerMark:

I can agree with much of what you write.

Oftentimes, people are driven to regret and despair of being used, and find themselves quite alone in trying to reconcile the past.

I prefer to think it not the theologians, but rather all who live a life seeking power over others by whatever means they have onhand, that would seek to do such things.

Prince George, Canada

#437677 May 4, 2013
This preacher of Protestantism is a real "wing-ding" who preaches that Catholics aren't Christian ... when Catholics were the first ones to create the word Christian.

Hahahahahahaha

Prince George, Canada

#437678 May 4, 2013
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't want to 'tear anyone apart'
You will wait to get "god" to do your dirty work for you.

:)
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#437679 May 4, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" Preachers of many religions are right up front about the idea that a god or gods love them and will in the end of times reject others.
They aren't even ashamed of such blatant arrogance.
They just keep on preaching without so much as a new thought being allowed to enter.
So sorry for you. God loves everyone, and invites them to come to Himself and receive eternal life.
If you don't want to accept His invitation, just do what you want, but don't accuse Him of rejecting you.
KayMarie
A prayer...

Dear God,

I pray that you end all cancer in humanity tomorrow.

God, please give us this as a sign of your love.

I pray that this poster - confrinting joins me in this prayer.

Amen

Prince George, Canada

#437680 May 4, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
I can agree with much of what you write.
Oftentimes, people are driven to regret and despair of being used, and find themselves quite alone in trying to reconcile the past.
I prefer to think it not the theologians, but rather all who live a life seeking power over others by whatever means they have onhand, that would seek to do such things.
Christians seek power over others. They are content to believe that others deserve punishment from "god" and Christians deserve the best of everything.

That is nothing else but seeking control over others.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#437681 May 4, 2013
who="Clay"
What happened to the Apostles and where are their remains today?
Peter - crucified upside down -- buried at Saint Peters Basilica Catholic Church, Rome
James the Greater - stabbed in 44 AD - buried Saint James Catholic Church in Compostela, Spain
Thaddeus (Jude)- executed by firing squad (arrows)- buried in Rome at Saint Peter's Basilica.
Phillip - Crucified - buried at the (Catholic) Church of the Dadici, Rome
Thomas - stabbed with a spear - buried at Cathedral of Saint Thomas Catholic Church, Mylapore, India
Mathew - Crucified in Judea - buried at Saint Mathews Cathedral, Catholic Church in Messina, Sicily
James the Less, first Bishop of Jerusalem 50AD- stoned to death 65 AD - buried at Holy Apostles Catholic Basilica, Rome
John - died a natural death - buried at Basilica of Saint John, Ephesus, Turkey
Paul - Beheaded in Rome - buried at Saint Paul's Catholic Church in Rome.
Simon - stabbed with a sword - buried at the Alter of the Crucifixion, Vatican.
Bartholomew - Crucified - buried at Saint Bartholomew Catholic Church in Rome.
Andrew - Crucified on X shaped cross - buried at Cathedral of Amalfi Catholic Church, Italy
Matthias - Crucified in Judea - buried at Abbey of Saint Matthias, Trier, Germany
Judas - suicide - remains unknown
What does this have to do with that post?
KM
It doesn't directly. But I wanted to post this to Ella, who i believe to be a sincere Christian and respectable poster.

She posted the Webster definition of the Catholic/Roman/Romanist/Papist Church and i wanted to remind her of where the bones of the Apostles lay. And its not beneath your Pentecostal compound Kay.

#437682 May 4, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
Would you have welcomed Hermeneutics Smutics back if said poster had claimed to vow to never read anything that favored "Protestants?"
My guess is ... NOT ... with ALL capital letters.

Hermeneutics is Christ-like in his approach to discussion. He presents Christianity, not a fight.

But I have welcomed the Catholics back also; right Regina?

KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Mr Sir 10,166
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Mon South Knox Hombre 2
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Mon Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web