Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653601 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#437623 May 4, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Faith is the essence of hope which is not seen.
Belief is product of experience.
There are points of intersection, but they are not the same.
I have faith that I can make credible judgments on my own that I could never make when I was in religion.

Your faith is in your Christian dogma, and that is your belief.

My faith is no longer in religion, and that is my belief.

Faith is part and parcel of all belief.

Even people who commit suicide must have faith that they will put an end to their suffering.

It's all about faith of one sort or another, and that is belief.

Prince George, Canada

#437624 May 4, 2013
Col Klink wrote:
<quoted text>
There are three different Greek words that are translated as “Hell” in our English New Testaments.
I suggest that words mean to the individual what the individual desires the words TO mean ... and that if you consider the importance of that issue, you will take your self out of the bible post haste, as you might use words to cause harm to others that you will later regret.

Prince George, Canada

#437625 May 4, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you telling the truth?
Your words again -- "I know of a woman, a newcomer, immigrant, raped and murdered, but was ignored, and covered up, in order to "preserve" the peace of the community. No investigation. She was a friend."
A friend of yours? Raped and murdered? And you don't go to the police!!!
Shouldn't someone contact Topix, so the police can be called?
Why not do the right and moral thing and contact the authorities?
This is amazing. I think you are lying, but on the outside chance you are not -- what would be the right thing to do?
What would be the "Christian" thing to do for every religious person on this board?
Religion confuses people.

Observe the words of this grandmother who believed with all her might that she had to change her grandson into a heterosexual so he would be allowed in "heaven" with "her."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

A grandmother shared her heart-breaking story on television. She wanted others to learn from what she believed was her mistake.

She told of her “previous” strict religious indoctrination, that if people were gay they would burn in hell in the hereafter.

When her grandson, whom she adored, came to her and told her he was gay, she was full of fear. She dragged him from one minister to another, who told him that if he did not change his ways, he would not be in heaven.

The grandson begged his grandmother over and over to not try to change him. He tried to convince her that he could not change who he was, but she was so filled with fear for his eternal soul, she paid him no heed.

He took his own life.

She was sobbing with emotion, and said, that if she had it to do over again … just as he was, she would have accepted him. She said she was SO sorry!

What a tough lesson for that poor woman.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#437626 May 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
There's no need to word play with that. The fact that they ate Manna and died, shows how 'that much more powerful the Eucharist is'. The Manna they ate came from Heaven. But it wasn't the Eucharist.
Same thing. Eat the Eucharist; you still die.
KM
Oddly enough Jesus knew that we would. Oddly enough those Corinthians who didnt need to partake and just have a picnic lunch on occasion were getting sick and dying for partaking. It was all symbolic I guess. Paul was bored one day and so thought he would make some stuff up? No Paul was chastizing the Corinthians who were being just like you. However we know that you are the final word on everything in the bible.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

Prince George, Canada

#437627 May 4, 2013
Harry Truman was a Christian who was President of the United States.

When he ordered the bombs to be dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, to save the lives of his own American troops that ended the war, he at least didn't state that a god had ordained his decision. He took it upon his own self as being responsible.

From my perspective, he was doing what a President was hired to do, which was protecting his own people from further attack by the Japanese, who were intent on violence against the United States.

Of course it's not moral to kill ... but I'm sure the American people of that era were relieved rather than appalled.

Let's get real and stop being silly over religious nonsense about "morality."

So-called morality comes and goes with each new situation put before us.

Prince George, Canada

#437628 May 4, 2013
Is it not enough that we brutalize each other ... without believing that a devil is waiting in the hereafter to brutalize us some more?

Religion is obnoxious, self-serving and totally ridiculous.

Prince George, Canada

#437629 May 4, 2013
There are admitted Atheist preachers now, who are still on their pulpits preaching what they believe are lies, because these preachers have no other way of supporting their families.

They are not trained in anything but preaching, and so they live lies as their survival and that of their families comes first.

That ought to be a signal to us that morality is not what it seems.

I don't fault them for preaching lies. From my perspective, they were preaching lies all the time, and now that they believe they are preaching lies, they can at least admit it to their selves ... if not to the public that idolizes the lies comparable to children over-dosing on candy.

Prince George, Canada

#437630 May 4, 2013
From the book “Plain Speaking”… Harry S. Truman … by Merle Miller

We had a church in the front yard where the cemetery is now. And the Baptists and the Methodists and all of them used it. And Grandfather Young when I was six years old, he died when I was eight, he told me that whenever the customers in any of those denominations prayed too loud in the Amen corner, you'd better go home and lock your smokehouse.

"And I found that to be true. I've never cared much for the loud pray-ers or for people who do that much going on about religion.

Prince George, Canada

#437631 May 4, 2013
"I'm saved."

"Saved from what."

"Saved from sin."

"But you just said that we are all sinners."

"I know. But I am a repentant sinner."

"So are you saved, or not."

"That's a good question."

Prince George, Canada

#437632 May 4, 2013
To leave one religion for another no doubt seems the right and righteous choice for the believer.

But when I told my self that my religious dogmas were sadly lacking in common sense, I decided there was no reason to trust those in other religions that promised a better "deal."

Prince George, Canada

#437633 May 4, 2013
One women went to Tibet for an dose of dalai lama myth. She is content to look no further, but did she find truth, or did she just find those specific fantasies pleasing to her emotions?

That is the question.

Prince George, Canada

#437634 May 4, 2013
a dose

Prince George, Canada

#437635 May 4, 2013
I used to observe a beautiful sunset and stand in awe at the wondrous works of the creator.

But there was always the other side of the picture that popped into my mind, of the ongoing operation of fangs, claws, sharp teeth and venom that (like it or not) made me question my own theology.

I used to thank the "creator" for my good "fortune" ... until I decided that all the starving people of the world HAD no good fortune.

As I kept asking myself what I was getting from my religious beliefs ... it all came back to me as over-dosing on my own ego.

Now I feed my ego with other stuff that makes more sense to me, in that I am special to my self ... but certainly not special to any supposed deity that I create in my own image.

Prince George, Canada

#437636 May 4, 2013
From the book “Plain Speaking”… Harry S. Truman … by Merle Miller

Harry Truman:“Before we moved to Washington and after we got there, I studied up on the lives of each Senator, and by the time the session started I knew pretty much the history of every man. So I felt sure that when I got there, got to Washington, I’d understand all those men and why they acted the way they did.”

Is that what happened?

“Oh, no. Oh, my, no. I guess you might say that is … was really the first time I realized that there is often a considerable difference between what people write about themselves and is written about them … even when the writer has set out to tell the truth … and the way things really are.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#437637 May 4, 2013
Hello Friends.
I will be posting, but I make it clear that I will neither read nor respond to any Catholic Posts here. Since none has the courage to act as an individual but all herd together like dogs when one attacks, I believe I am justified in linking them all together. They lie, twist what is said, insult, verbally abuse. change history, and demean others with arrogance. No dialogue with them is ever fruitful. I do not cast aspersions on Catholicism but do on these Catholics here for their behavior. They bring shame on their Church.

Prince George, Canada

#437638 May 4, 2013
Maybe some day these Atheist preachers that are still using the bible as their means of livelihood will write their own stories.

Those will be interesting autobiographies ... at least from my perspective.

On CBC radio they had some ministers speaking who are now Atheists. They of course didn't want their names known, but they shared their stories.

In one case, the minister told his wife how he felt, and she freaked right out on him. But guess what???... she was in church at the next meeting of the clan ... watching him preach lies, as she knew that if he fell, she would no longer BE the minister's wife and also they would have no financial support. They had children and the lies were kept covered so as not to upset them.

And so it goes. THAT is real life ... not nice morals by any means ... but ... necessary from the points of view of those living the lies.

I also own a few lies of which I nurture in my closet, hoping that is where they will stay.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#437639 May 4, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oddly enough Jesus knew that we would. Oddly enough those Corinthians who didnt need to partake and just have a picnic lunch on occasion were getting sick and dying for partaking. It was all symbolic I guess. Paul was bored one day and so thought he would make some stuff up? No Paul was chastizing the Corinthians who were being just like you. However we know that you are the final word on everything in the bible.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.
"So then, when you come together, it is not the Lord’s Supper you eat, 21for when you are eating, some of you go ahead with your own private suppers. As a result, one person remains hungry and another gets drunk. 22Don’t you have homes to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God by humiliating those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you? Certainly not in this matter!"

I didn't see KM getting drunk or humiliating those who have nothing, the reasons listed for people to get sick or die
when taking communion.

Prince George, Canada

#437640 May 4, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Hello Friends.
I will be posting, but I make it clear that I will neither read nor respond to any Catholic Posts here. Since none has the courage to act as an individual but all herd together like dogs when one attacks, I believe I am justified in linking them all together. They lie, twist what is said, insult, verbally abuse. change history, and demean others with arrogance. No dialogue with them is ever fruitful. I do not cast aspersions on Catholicism but do on these Catholics here for their behavior. They bring shame on their Church.
Do YOU tell lies in the guise of truth???

:)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#437641 May 4, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, Paul was an Apostle and was teaching about the Eucharist here.
He was also able to consecrate the bread and wine as He received ministerial authority from Christ (i.e. he was a priest).
Paul also believed in the Real Presence. As you point out his example here, do you believe as he did?
Which is it, Paul believed in the real presense or Paul believed that consecrating the bread and wine turned it into the real presense?

Prince George, Canada

#437642 May 4, 2013
If we expressed every sentiment that we felt about others to their face, my guess is, we would not have a person in the world talking to us on a friendly basis.

From my perspective, we often don't like what we see in others, because their natures are reflections about what we don't approve of in our selves ... self-interests being the primal nature of all animals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 17 TerriB1 1
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web