Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,296
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437388 May 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too. The scenario usually plays out the same.
-they are well schooled in Biblical studies.
- many became ordained ministers within their respective protestant communities.
-they set out to convert Catholics and bam. They are introduced to a Christianity they never thunk. They quickly realize the Catholicism they were told about doesn't exist.
-as they search deeper and deeper into scripture, they see the truth in the Catholic Church.
-they read the writings of the Disciples of the Apostles and Church fathers of the first and second century and see Catholicism is the same as today.
Many convert and give up lifelong friends and careers for truth.
Some, like certain posters here, ignore what they have learned and continue with their false doctrines, slamming the Church with more vengeance than before. What's God to do with those souls when its all over?
If someone is really honestly searching for the truth, they will find it. It may take a while, but they will eventually.

There are those that have been repeatedly shown what the CC is, what she teaches and why, but they do not accept those teachings as being important or relevant to them. Maybe they don't bother to even try to understand. Maybe they are deeply annoyed that this new way of seeing things shakes up their world view much too drastically. They are too comfortable where they are at.

Then there are those who don't even accept that the CC teaches what she teaches but they stubbornly insist she teaches something she doesn't. Those ones are a *special* kind.

Jesus told the Apostles (in their proclaming the Gospel) that he who doesn't listen to them rejects Him. And you know that God will not force anyone to be in heaven with Him who doesn't want to be there.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#437389 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Link to a BlogSpot (which I usually avoid)with the exception made here that the poster supplies citations from 8 Protestant scholars buttressing my claim of the unanimity of the belief in the Real Presence until the Reformation.
http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2007/02/histor...
Even Luther believed in it.
So "Dave" is a new "prophet"?

Why do you believe "Dave" over Jesus and what he taught?

Albuquerque, NM

#437390 May 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't (and isn't) a Christian communion. No Christian communes with bread and grape juice.
Why not?

Jesus had done it.

Wafers manufactured by men in a factory and then shipped to the churches, who store them until consumed, is a "Christian communion"?

Wow - who would've thought.

*sighs*

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#437391 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Making themselves 'god'. I wouldn't want THAT guilt hanging over my head.
When you believe you are qualified to speak on behalf of a god ... you HAVE made your self into a GOD.

Make no mistake about THAT issue.

PRIDE is your only claim.

Albuquerque, NM

#437392 May 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
COME QUICKLY LORD JESUS!!!
Since you believe this, and with this, a "destruction" is also supposed to occur.

Why do you want people to die?
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437393 May 3, 2013
marge wrote:
As they were eating, Jesus took some bread and blessed it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, "Take this and eat it, for this is my body."
And brake it - This "breaking" of the bread represented the sufferings of Jesus about to take place - his body "broken" or wounded for sin. Hence, Paul 1 Corinthians 11:24 adds, "This is my body which is broken for you;" that is, which is about to be broken for you by death, or wounded, pierced, bruised, to make atonement for your sins.
This is my body - This represents my body. This broken bread shows the manner in which my body will be broken; or this will serve to recall my dying sufferings to your remembrance. It is not meant that his body would be literally "broken" as the bread was, but that the bread would be a significant emblem or symbol to recall to their recollection his sufferings. It is not improbable that our Lord pointed to the broken bread, or laid his hands on it, as if he had said, "Lo, my body!" or, "Behold my body!- that which "represents" my broken body to you." This "could not" be intended to mean that that bread was literally his body. It was not. His body was then before them "living." And there is no greater absurdity than to imagine his "living body" there changed at once to a "dead body," and then the bread to be changed into that dead body, and that all the while the "living" body of Jesus was before them.
So are you saying that when Jesus said "this is my body" that what He *really* meant to say was "this represents my body"?

Are you implying that Jesus couldn't make Himself clear?

Are you saying that Jesus couldn't have mysteriously changed the bread into His Body if He had wanted to? The same Jesus through whom the entire universe was created?

Terrace, Canada

#437394 May 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever, June. i thought i saw some flashes of objectivity in you, but please forgive me if i was wrong.
Well ... you DO consider your self as a master of theological influence ... DON'T you ... prideful one?

Albuquerque, NM

#437395 May 3, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
She just loves to gossip and make up things, but you will never see her or any protestant in here ever admit a lie they have told or apologize for proven garbage. It really shows what they are made of. She never mocked the Pope because she didnt have a clue what he said about Christmas and of course she is far more of an expert on history and the bible a fine scholar she is. Jethro was probably her instructor. YEE DOGGIE!
Wine bibber means having a sip of grape juice in hicksville, its just those Catholics gulping wine behind curtains because they think noboby can see them. She however is just here to share the truth. lol These people have no shame,truth, honesty, reason or logic whatsoever. Its a merry go round with them and their relative truths. I have only 2 Protestant that came here years ago that were intelligent and spoke with charity and without lies. The propoganda that is spread without any remorse whatsoever followed by denial is unprecedented. Each person with their own truth and none has more authority than the next, but they are one in an invisible body with no false teachers, because their doctrine makes it so. Sola Sad.
And you will never here a Catholic admit that they only use a portion of what Jesus taught.

Sounds like you are in the same boat as they are.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#437396 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He said that once. Clearly allegorical.
He said it was His body many times and did not clarify to the contrary even when confronted with dissent.
All of Christendom knew what He meant until the Reformation.
Amazing, really, that the "bible alone" crowd works so fervently to deny Christ's clear words and limit what He can and cannot do to fulfill His promise to us.
He fulfilled His promise at the cross when He said it is finished.

Amazing the catholic crowd ignore/don't get verse 63 of what Jesus said, "63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

Albuquerque, NM

#437397 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
2.) The passage from Matthew is Christ directing the faithful to approach God and each other with "clean hands", as it were.
Self - why do you reject it?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437398 May 3, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
What's true? A protestant who's divorced has to go through an anullment in order to marry a Catholic in the Church.

So...still god, huh? You can turn bread and wine into flesh and blood, and you can turn married (polluted) into 'virgin'?

(The bread and wine ARE His flesh and blood BECAUSE HE SAYS THEY ARE...NOT BECAUSE YOU PERFORMED SOME MIRACLE.)

Such power...

KayMarie

Terrace, Canada

#437399 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Look in a mirror.
KM
I did ... and that's why I admitted to myself that my own theology was as full of hot air as are the theologies of all others in religion.

I had to humble myself into admitting that I didn't have answers to mysteries, but rather that I just had opinions.

Terrace, Canada

#437400 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing the catholic crowd ignore/don't get verse 63 of what Jesus said, "63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
As long as you preach at others, you will not self-inspect to see that your words are in VAIN.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#437401 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He said it was His body many times and did not clarify to the contrary even when confronted with dissent.
Amazing, really, that the "bible alone" crowd works so fervently to deny Christ's clear words and limit what He can and cannot do to fulfill His promise to us.
John 6:33 For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” 34 They said to him,“Sir, give us this bread always.”

35 Jesus said to them,“I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe.

**Clearly if we read, notice how partaking of bread Jesus is offering is equated to believing in him. Amazing how the catholic crowd can't see this.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437402 May 3, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they ate it. Funny how they can believe a few loaves and fish would feed multitudes and have leftovers, but cannot see have faith to believe what Christ said. I dont know how people symbolically get sick and die as Paul says in his writings to the Corinthians. Food poisoning? ;0 I jest.
If you have not read "The fourth cup" by Scott Hahn you may want to google it. Its a great read.
Yes! I have heard Scott's talk about the fourth cup on cd. WOW! That was great! There is another cd called The Real Meaning of Easter which also goes into the details of the Passover celebration which sheds all kinds of new light on Jesus' Passion death and resurrection. Excellent. His mysteries can never be exhausted.

#437403 May 3, 2013
who="Dan"

Clear words: Jesus declared that when one ate food, it was carried out in the draught (eliminated). You think you are saved by 'eating' food.

The communion is a process of "communion of the saints", as they share the gospel and the memorial Passover with each other.

KayMarie
chuck

Dublin, OH

#437404 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
And......

The bread is Jesus' sacrifice for the sins of the world. Unless a person "partakes" through faith in Jesus' death, he cannot have eternal life.

Just because the catholic folks think they were the first, doesn't mean they got it right.
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437405 May 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that Jesus' Flesh profits nothing? Wasn't His Flesh sacrificed for us on the cross that we might be in heaven one day? Is our salvation "nothing"?
marge

Ames, IA

#437406 May 3, 2013
Mark says, Had given thanks: and therefore blessing is not a consecrating with a conjuring type of murmuring and power of words: and yet the bread and the wine are changed, not in nature but in quality, for without doubt they become tokens of the body and blood of Christ, not of their own nature or force of words, but by Christ his institution, which must be recited and laid forth, that faith may find what to lay hold on, both in the word and in the elements.

(m) This is a figure of speech which is called metonymy: that is to say, the giving of one name for another: so he calls the bread his body, which is the sign and sacrament of his body: and yet nonetheless, it is a figurative and changed kind of speech meaning that the faithful do indeed receive Christ with all his gifts

(though by a spiritual means) and become one with him.

#437407 May 3, 2013
who="chuck"

Powerful! "The flesh profits nothing". "The words that I speak to you...they are life".

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Married in 8,693
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 10 hr Cat74 11
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 hr kent 83,896
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Thu Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web