Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
421,561 - 421,580 of 538,817 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437328 May 3, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You are wrong. Catholics believe Christ's sacrifice was once and for all. When Catholics attend Mass they are entering again into this ever present Sacrifice. It is the people who come and go into and out of this moment, not the people repeating the Sacrifice.
Hopefully you are imaginative enough to get the picture.
Don't count on it.

God being out of time is a stretch for them.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#437329 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"
Why not ... when your "god" commits abortions. The proof of god's murder in the womb is when fetuses come out of the as dead babies???
He taught women that abortion was a holy cause. What a dirty trick for a god to play on expectant parents.
tongue-in-cheek
And where does God approve abortion?
KM
Where does he approve, only the texts you accept?

Albuquerque, NM

#437330 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Abundantly true.
Please cite evidence to the contrary.
In all fairness - please cite the citation that it shows it is true.

Albuquerque, NM

#437331 May 3, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
The body of believers is the church!
Which body of believers? There are so many sects.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437332 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Theologians have taught the most horrible dogmas and got away with it ... just because people were impressed by the word "theologian."
A short while back, you opined that people weren't really evil, rather victims of trauma.

Now, you seem disposed to paint theologians as bad people.

Which way is the wind blowing this particular minute, June?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#437333 May 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A. None of the sources on which my post is based on, even hint of the term "Catholic" or "catholic"...because there were none!!!!
B. If there is writing at 110 that uses the term catholic, why did it take that long to come up with the term, when it is erroneously claimed it "made the scene" when Christ said "I will build my church"??
B. Show me Scripture that refers to these churches, referred to in Revelation, as Catholic denominations....which would show a fallible Bible!!!!
Quote:
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write;
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write
And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write;
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write;
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write
During these 300 to 400 years there were no Christian denominations..such as the RCC....all that was, as the Bible teaches, were Christians....
The first denomination (Catholic) was put together by the emperor some 300 to 400 years after Christ made His declaration...its foundation was paganism....not Peter!!!!!...
A. Cite your sources.

B. "Catholic" means universal. When Christ said "build His Church", it meant He wanted them to go out and preach to "all nations", to build it up to be the "universal Church". By the time of St. Ignatius's writing, the apostles had accomplished much of this "all nation preaching" and the term Catholic became the name of His Church.

B.(?) The Church at Rome is mentioned specifically by St. Paul. The Catholic Church is not a denomination.

"The first denomination (Catholic) was put together by the emperor some 300 to 400 years after Christ made His declaration...its foundation was paganism....not Peter!!!!!.."

Wrong. The first mention of the Catholic Church is by St. Ignatius writing in AD 110. He used the name in a manner which suggests it was already well known. The foundation of the Catholic Church is Jesus. He told St. Peter he was the rock on which He will build His Church and appointed him as it's earthly leader (see the bible). Sts. Peter and Paul founded the Church at Rome and were both martyred there. St. Paul says the faith of the Church at Rome is renowned throughout the whole world.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#437334 May 3, 2013
The pope was correct. I reject all religion, "including" his religion, and that means that I am an Atheist.

He rejected all other religion but his own, so he was certain that he was not an Atheist, and he was correct BUT he was not fair in allowing others to have their own opinions. He demanded that to be saved, all people must be of the Catholic faith.

The pope was not an Atheist ... but was he holy, or was he addicted to a dire need of controlling others to follow his own will?
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#437335 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to believers "Jesus" appeared in a river in Japan, in home-made pizza, in mirrors, in heaven (near death experiences) in Catholic confessionals, in linoleum, in the bark of a tree, and anywhere else imagination chose to travel.
Don't forget the grilled cheese.

Albuquerque, NM

#437336 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
All the theologians had to say was "This is a holy, just war, so God wants you to kill the enemy of God" ... and the people had complete faith that the "god" wanted them to kill other humans.
One just has to study the history of religion to observe how ignorant and arrogant are humans.
No doubt many read the following words and picked up their weapons of mass destruction to do the bidding of the "god" ... not thinking past the end of their noses that men with hate in their hearts and brains wrote those words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).
If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)
If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)
If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)
People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
The supposed "truth" that many so-called "Christians" won't accept - yet it is in their "the whole Bible is truthful" responses.

Hmmmmm...something sounds spurious.
a. those who say the "Bible is truth" are lying and refuse to be honest
b. these "laws" are still in effect, but not one individual in today's society acknowledges them - thus making them invalid. Again, the honesty within an individual needs to acknowledge that these "laws: were only valid for a different time period, and have no relevance today. Invalid.

Albuquerque, NM

#437337 May 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark" Not once by anyone in my childhood was I given the impression that I could ask if it was possible that a god didn't exist.
My parents were very kind to me, but I knew that they both put all their faith in the idea that the universe was indeed created.
I never thought to even entertain the idea that it was just possible the universe never had a beginning, but rather always existed.
Such was the religious culture in which I was raised.
Now that I am out of religion, I can ask those questions, knowing that, and being comfortable with, the idea that I don't know the answers.
What a relief.
And what was the source of an eternal universe? Where does it end? Most important: WHAT KEEPS IT WORKING?
KayMarie
How do these questions apply to the topic?

Please try to stay focussed.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437338 May 3, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" All the theologians had to say was "This is a holy, just war, so God wants you to kill the enemy of God" ... and the people had complete faith that the "god" wanted them to kill other humans.
One just has to study the history of religion to observe how ignorant and arrogant are humans.
No doubt many read the following words and picked up their weapons of mass destruction to do the bidding of the "god" ... not thinking past the end of their noses that men with hate in their hearts and brains wrote those words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).
If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)
If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)
If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)
People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

You need to read ALL of the Bible before you condemn it. The O.T, which contains all of those examples, was before Jesus. The people were involved in demonic practices...even burning their babies in a furnace called Molech.
When Jesus was confronted by those who wished to stone an adulterous woman, He confronted them with truth. "Yes," her actions condemned her...but JESUS did not condemn her, and he let the accusers know that NONE OF THEM WERE FIT TO ADMINISTER THE PUNISHMENT.

But He did something else. He commanded the woman to stop her sinning.

Death IS the wages of sin. Jesus is come that we might have life.

Which one will you choose?

KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#437339 May 3, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
I don't know, and after all of your endless preaching ... neither do you.

Oh, but I do.
KM
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#437340 May 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My hope is that some day humans will shed religion and learn that the freedom to think without theologians being allowed to confuse the thinking, it is a gift that one gives the self.
The first step was the American Revolution.

The most popular book was "Common Sense."

In fact, it can fairly be said that most Fundies here have shed Biblical medicine.

We have also shed most Biblical Law. Usury, how slaves should be treated (freed), the status of women, etc., etc., etc.

We have shed virtually all Biblical "science." The earth no longer sits on pillars, nor has 4 corners.

We now know to wash our hands before meals.

Disease is not caused by demons.

But the need for some persists.

Terrace, Canada

#437341 May 3, 2013
People didn't have the patience or the humility to wait and see if there even is a hereafter, so they went about the process of allotting sainthood to this one and that one willy-nilly, as though it actually meant something to a supposed "higher power."

As long as humans exist, it is my guess, there will be no end to the preaching practices of stupidity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Buddhist Saints

The following is a list of the major Buddhist Saints, starting with Buddha Sakyamuni, who is considered to be the founder of Buddhism and its leading saint.

There are over 240 male and female Buddhist saints, but Walking With The Saints refers to these four major saints: Buddha Sakyamuni, Mahakasyapa, Upagupta and Sariputra.

http://walkingwiththesaints.com/...

marge

Ames, IA

#437342 May 3, 2013
The Lord's supper - That which the Lord Jesus instituted to commemorate his death. It is called "the Lord's," because it is his appointment, and is in honor of Him.

Terrace, Canada

#437343 May 3, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
A short while back, you opined that people weren't really evil, rather victims of trauma.
Now, you seem disposed to paint theologians as bad people.
Which way is the wind blowing this particular minute, June?
I was making it plain that theologians teach that "other" people are wicked and evil offenders of a supposed god.

I don't agree with the theologians OR you, who also perceives that you are a wonder of theology as in "knowing answers."
truth

Perth, Australia

#437344 May 3, 2013
who send me that sound
Very nice melodic sound of bell..ye..so melodic church bell..yes deference sound..3x deference..first midlle sound then small as child then many times then on the end two x biger..
so nice

Who past away..My God I love you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#437345 May 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
They get zapped when they do their alter call and misuse their grace from God, thinking they were just called by Him to preach the Bible and form a Christianity based on that. But what's the first thing they do after the euphoria of the alter call subsides? Trash the Catholic Church. That's a red flag that the 'Bible only' route is letting unholy influence dictate their new religion.
-Baptism eliminated
-Eucharist mocked and re- taught to mean opposite of what Christ taught.
-Confession mocked and eliminated.
-The Mother of Jesus Christ reduced to 'any ol lady that happened to say yes' if it wasn't her, it would have been someone else down the street.(I'm sure Jesus likes to hear that one)
-faith + works reduced to just 'faith'.
-scripture alone.
I'll stop there. But seriously, the fruits of demonic influence can be seeing. Contraception, abortion and same sex marriage are synonymous with Protestantland. Its started with a couple lies from Luther and blew up into a chaotic doctrinal mess.
Every one of them who picks up a bible becomes infallible in their interpretaion. I think calling them paper popes is very descriptive.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#437346 May 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
In all fairness - please cite the citation that it shows it is true.
Link to a BlogSpot (which I usually avoid)with the exception made here that the poster supplies citations from 8 Protestant scholars buttressing my claim of the unanimity of the belief in the Real Presence until the Reformation.

http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2007/02/histor...

Even Luther believed in it.

Terrace, Canada

#437347 May 3, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
The first step was the American Revolution.
The most popular book was "Common Sense."
In fact, it can fairly be said that most Fundies here have shed Biblical medicine.
We have also shed most Biblical Law. Usury, how slaves should be treated (freed), the status of women, etc., etc., etc.
We have shed virtually all Biblical "science." The earth no longer sits on pillars, nor has 4 corners.
We now know to wash our hands before meals.
Disease is not caused by demons.
But the need for some persists.
They so much desire to believe they are special and saved, they can't get beyond their own voracious lusts.

Low self-esteem makes them extremely dependent on religious nonsense that they keep churning around and around in their imaginations.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••